Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Patrick »

TonyMontana wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't catch the whole vengeful part (as in had to read up on the role) and isn't it blatantly obvious that ashmite killed DGB and Dasquian?
I see the argument for a wolf, but not an explanation for a ashmites role in that scenario...
TonyMontana wrote:And that would be L-1, yes. I agree that Patrick is the lynch for today. There scenario he proposes where he's innocent just doesn't hold water.
What changed from "it's blatantly obvious ashmite killed DGB and Dasquian" to "the scenario he proposes where he's innocent just doesn't hold water?" You proposed the scenario where I'm innocent too - in fact you seemed to imply it was very likely.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Patrick »

I think I'm at lynch-1, so to update a few thoughts on those that have been posting: I don't necessarily think farside is scum despite a number of unreasonable arguments. I think if she's town she's just reading the game with confirmation bias, and in that case I'd recommend her to be more open-minded if she's alive tomorrow. I've seen her playing aggressively as scum before in PYP3 so don't rule her out solely for aggressive play, but I think there're several better candidates out there.

forbiddanlight seems reasonably scummy so far. She's doing ALOT of hanging on farside's coattails; on my quick look at her posts I don't see her posting original content. Mild feeling of buddying up to farside from her, which I think means they're unlikely to be scum together. Very sketchy sheeping of farside's "backtracking" point. The only real caveat I have is that she hasn't been in the game that long so could just be slow getting into it, but keep an eye on her. Force her to produce content.

elvis is probably scum, and would be my recommendation for lynching tomorrow as things stand. I expect her to try to put the blame on me tomorrow for my lynch or to try to wash her hands of it somehow, but I still don't think she's playing in a protown fashion at all. Deflected the lord_hur lynch and has basically only attacked me all game (an easy target). I think she's trying to avoid antagonising other players to reduce the chances of being lynched and reduce the chances of being nightkilled by potential rival scum. Shows no apparent interest in a good portion of the arguments made (not just today, but all game) and generally not much scumhunting at all.

TonyMontana unvoted me when there was still easy pressure against me, which is something I think scum would be less likely to do. His revote is sketchy, pending possible explanation. Might be town, but still not much data.

Lawrencelot still reasonably scummy, mostly for his actions yesterday. His vote for me today is fairly meh; it kind of ducks out of making any real points. Not sure whether he's still my 2nd suspect or if forbiddanlight has taken that spot.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:22 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Patrick wrote:What changed from "it's blatantly obvious ashmite killed DGB and Dasquian" to "the scenario he proposes where he's innocent just doesn't hold water?" You proposed the scenario where I'm innocent too - in fact you seemed to imply it was very likely.
First of all, I was asking. "Isn't it" ≠ "it is".
I had misread, and was under the impression that ashmite was killed during the same night, not lynched the day before. Thus your theory made impeccable sense, which was why I was asking if it wasn't obvious. Realizing he was lynched the day before the night he was supposed to make the second kill certainly put some holes in the scenario.
TonyMontana unvoted me when there was still easy pressure against me, which is something I think scum would be less likely to do. His revote is sketchy, pending possible explanation. Might be town, but still not much data.
What revote?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Patrick wrote:elvis is probably scum, and would be my recommendation for lynching tomorrow as things stand. I expect her to try to put the blame on me tomorrow for my lynch or to try to wash her hands of it somehow, but I still don't think she's playing in a protown fashion at all. Deflected the lord_hur lynch and has basically only attacked me all game (an easy target). I think she's trying to avoid antagonising other players to reduce the chances of being lynched and reduce the chances of being nightkilled by potential rival scum. Shows no apparent interest in a good portion of the arguments made (not just today, but all game) and generally not much scumhunting at all.
1) I take full responsibility for my vote on you and my part in your lynch, whatever it may yield. Why you are saying that I will blame others, I have no idea. I have no track record of doing that.

2) You always think I'm scum.

3) I've been attacking you "all game" because I think you're scum. "All game" for me has been since yesterday, which was a short day anyway.

4) One reason I haven't attacked others very much is because everyone else is new and there isn't that much to analyze.

5) I'm not trying to avoid a night kill. I welcome it.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Patrick »

1) I didn't say you'd blame other players, nor did I mention any track record, so that seems irrelevant. I said you'd try to paint it as my fault tomorrow, and I pointed out why I don't think any such defence should fly.

2) We have zero completed games together. With this, you're referencing a single ongoing game (which is unethical and pretty much useless as evidence).

I don't really buy your reason for not attacking others very much. Yesterday was full onfinformation about several players, especially with a known scum lynched. I've also been trying to force people to talk today because I think it might help later in the game.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Patrick, to suggest I wouldn't buss lord_hur if I was scum... is absurd.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Patrick »

No, I've already explained why I think in that particular situation, deflecting would be a more likely tactic than busing. Simply calling it absurd doesn't do anything for me. If it's absurd, you'll have no problem telling me why.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I understand that a buddy might want to protect lord hur at the start of the day and push for another person's lynch (especially if they legitimately thought the other person would come up scum).

Except that the town swung the other way and went after lord hur. Why wouldn't a buddy switch tactics then? When lord hur's lynch was imminent, why not buss him? Lord hur even BEGGED for a hammer. Don't you think that's sort of like saying "Buddies please hammer me and make yourself look more pro-town!"
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So, really, this vote is much more signifcant than anything I did yesterday:
Lawrencelot wrote:
lord_hur wrote:Ok, someone finish me please...

Anyone really, it doesn't matter.
Vote: lord_hur
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, this is the L-1 vote:
TonyMontana wrote:
Litral wrote:1
Because I ain't afraid to see where this rabbit hole goes.

After long and careful consideration of the arguments, I'm gonna go with

He says he took a long and careful consideration of the arguments, but can't bother to put any of his views down besides a vote.

It seems like a townie, unsure of the person's allignment might take more care putting someone else at L-1, and at least explain their thought process. Only a scum on buss would think they don't need to justify.

Expanding on that, I find that scum often buss each other in a weird way, call out each other on somehting small or insignificant... or just vote each other in an odd way. Tony Montana falls into that category. Of voting a scum for the wrong reasons.
Talk nerdy to me.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Patrick »

Yes, I could see a buddy of his switching when the tide turned against him, that's what I see Lawrencelot as possibly having done. I also don't have a problem believing a buddy might have acted in the way you did at that point.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I see what lawrencelot did as scummy, but actually the more I think about it, tony montana even more so. Voting the right person for the wrong reason (or for no reason) is a huge tell of bussing, IMO.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also from Tony:
TonyMontana wrote:
Litral wrote:1
Because I ain't afraid to see where this rabbit hole goes.

After long and careful consideration of the arguments, I'm gonna go with
He was the first (and maybe only) person not afraid of Litral or suspicious of the "quote a number for me please" thing.

If Tony is scum and knows litral is not on his buddy, he has good reason not to be afraid of litral.
Talk nerdy to me.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Patrick 4 (Farside22, Forbiddanlight, Elvis Knits, Lawrencelot)

Not Voting: The Fonz, TonyMontana, MafiaSSK, Patrick, Litral

With 9 alive, 5 votes will lynch.

That's time, Ladies and Gents!
It's been a rough few days-so how about we settle our differences with a nice BRITISH pub lunch?

Let me give a very warm welcome, to our ever so gracious, 'Landlord'!

During this phase of the game, votes may be made but will not be counted. The game will be temporarily locked whilst the premises are fully prepared for your arrival.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:37 am

Post by Landlord »

We're open!
Tonight you will be able to purchase the following:

Shotgun - 12 coins
Bottle of Rum – 8 coins
Vodka Shots – 5 coins
Glass of Wine – 3 coins
Pint of Beer – 2 coins
Empty Glass – 1 coin

You each have the following money:

Lawrencelot - 12
Farside22 - 12
Elvis Knits - 3
Litral - 3
Patrick - 2
TonyMontana - 2
Forbiddanlight - 2
The Fonz - 2
MafiaSSK - 2

You may exchange coins, by posting in the format 'Give 3 coins to Battle Mage' in thread. You may not purchase more than 1 item. When you wish to buy an item, you must again, state this wish in bold. When the Pub Phase is over, you will all recieve your purchases.

Happy drinking!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Damn, I wanted a shotgun :(. Well then, this is interesting.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:11 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

What's this, no lynch? Hm, using coins to buy items, where did I see that before?

Does anybody have a clue why they have a certain amount of coins? I wonder why me and farside have much more coins than the others. Farside, do you know more than I do?

I propose that we buy as many different items as we can, so that we know what they do in case this event happens again. That means, only one of me and farside buys a shotgun. I can use a fine bottle of rum :P (although I have no clue what it does), then I could give my coins to someone else (not me or farside).

If anybody knows what exactly is going on, tell us, if not, tell me if you agree with the plan above.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:11 am

Post by Landlord »

Hallo everyone.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Who are you and what is happening?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, it's sorta hard to know what is best to do, what to buy, etc, when I don't know what this is all about. Lawrencelot mentioned seeing this before? Does anyone know where or have a guess?

I would be fine with farside getting a shotgun, but not fine with lawrencelot getting one.

I like wine, so I am fine with getting that. But I don't want to commit to anything until I have some idea what is going on.
Talk nerdy to me.

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

elvis_knits wrote:Well, it's sorta hard to know what is best to do, what to buy, etc, when I don't know what this is all about. Lawrencelot mentioned seeing this before? Does anyone know where or have a guess?

I would be fine with farside getting a shotgun, but not fine with lawrencelot getting one.

I like wine, so I am fine with getting that. But I don't want to commit to anything until I have some idea what is going on.
I was talking about a different game, I don't think we can use information of that game (Mushroom Kingdom Mafia, which just finished, and buying items could be done in Pikmin Mafia as well).

If I don't buy a shotgun, I'll buy a Bottle of Rum. I could give 2 coins to Elvis Knits or Litral (preferably Litral) so he can buy Vodka, and then I give 1 coin to 2 persons who got 2 coins for example. Again, if anyone knows what is happening here tell us. Landlord is probably an alt of the mod btw.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Landlord »

I'm just your friendly neighborhood landlord. Buy what you please.
Landlord
Landlord
Townie
Landlord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Landlord »

By the way, I'd recommend the shotgun, for those of you who can afford it.

:wink:
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:29 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Nothing has jumped out at me.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Can I start by buying the empty glass? I'll give my coin to someone who needs a push to get the Vodka shots. Is everyone ok with this?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”