Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I was not visited. Where is killa seven? He's lurking.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

I was not visited. Where is killa seven? He's lurking.

Albatross!
What information can you give us about your night actions? Will you claim everything and what exactly you get for doing your post restriction?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I don't get squat for following, breaking is the problem.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

I don't get squat for following, breaking is the problem.

Albatross!
That was not my question. I asked what do you get. What night actions or powers have you received if any? Will you do a full claim?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Sure, it will be my free post however. That okay?

Albatross!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sure, it will be my free post however. That okay?

Albatross!
Do I have to wait till you have had 12 post because I hardly see you use your free post?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I am the Albatross Vendor. Basically I try to sell the albatross to a person each night. I have no idea what this actually does, because it just tells me that I try to sell it to a person, so I think I'm either searching for someone like PokerFace or I have some power.

I do have my targets however, if someone can figure out what on earth I do.

Night One: Nullified due to PR breaking.
Night Two: Farside
Night Three: Killa Seven
Night Four: Imagordan

Things I have ruled out altogether: Any information role. I have never received any notice of anything, blockings, visitation, results, or anything else.

Did anyone receive any notice of me?

Flavourwise, I don't think I'm a doc, I could potentially be a roleblocker, but then this is speculation.

It's kind of sad to speculate about your own role.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

I did not get anything or have anything PM'ed to me the night in question.
I think K-7 and imagine need to say if anything weird happened.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by imaginality »

Nope, I got nothing either. (And since PF confirmed I trained him last night, that means that if you're telling the truth, you're not a roleblocker unles you got roleblocked yourself.)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by The Internet »

Alrigh, I'll claim (though you can probably figure out who I am via process of elimination) I am The machine that goes bing linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc I am basically a doc. Don't think I have any flavor. I can't self protect. My targets were :
N1:SpyreX(asked for doc protection)
N2:SpyreX(again, figured he had highest probability of drawing NK)
N3:Farside(had hinted at having an important role, so I chose him. Might be why he didn't die)
N4:Imagordan(figured that if the bridgekeeper was a town power role, it would have to be Imagordan)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I guessed who was who right, but I didn't think the machine that goes Bing* would be a simple doc considering what I had already infered about imagordan. Can't get them all right I guess.

Nothing really signifcant happened when I went to Muerto, I looked at the response I got earlier from him again and it actually was a comma and not a period. I was mistaken, must have read it wrong in my haste with all the crap that has been going on life wise for me. After the comma was the hungarian words meaning "Would you like to breath in the scent?" Basically dogs like the scent between my legs and aparently I'm suppose to like it too. Fart Humor and pervertion, what does Shaft.ed do if his spare time...

@Gurgi,
I myself have been wondering if there is something else I can do now or even earlier with my skill besides just search for cigs and matches with mishmashed phrases. Do my cigs and matches even necessarily have to come from the Tobacconist, or can I get them from someone else? What would happened if you tried to sell me the albatross when I approached you for cigarettes and matches? Could Albatross somehow be a crazy englo-hungarian-bastard-book word for what I'm looking for? This book does make some crazy words into other crazy words afterall.
Basically what I'm asking is assuming no one else says they are looking for you will you target me tonight?

Use your skill to offer me the albatross, I'll use mine to ask for cigs and matches. In your response back to me try to either offer me cigs and a book of matches or simply offer me the albatross or heck, try to offer me all three (albatross, cigarettes, and a book of matches) if you think that will work best.

I don't know if anything will happen here myself, nothing might happen, we'll have to wait and see. But let's face it, assuming no one specifically says they are looking for you, what else are we really going to do with our skills? Unless you can actually think of something better to do, I say we try and cross target each other tonight to see what will happen.
You in Gurgi?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I'm up for it. If it does work, then Muerrto....

Albatross!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

If I just straight up win the game, then that probably means Muerto is lying. Should shaft.ed or myself anounce I have won then I'll be up for lynching him. Heck I'll have won the game, I'll be up for just about anything since nothing will harm me or change anything from my point of view at that time. I'm just going for broke as it is. Spin the big wheel, no whamies, no whamies, stop!

If I don't win and something else happens all together when we cross target, then I guess we'll just have to figure things out on our own from there pending what exactly happens. Something other than me winning happening could mean just about anything pretaining to Muerto telling the truth or not so we'll just have to wait and see.

Wish I had an idea on who I should lynch now. Going to need to review all the bridgekeeper stuff I keep putting off and what not, as I wait to see if anyone saw the bridgekeeper or not last night.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

Now that everyone has full-claimed, I think strappado should say who she watched night 2 and last night.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by imaginality »

Oops, forgot, she watched Lord Gurgi last night. Just night 2 then.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by killa seven »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I am the Albatross Vendor. Basically I try to sell the albatross to a person each night. I have no idea what this actually does, because it just tells me that I try to sell it to a person, so I think I'm either searching for someone like PokerFace or I have some power.

I do have my targets however, if someone can figure out what on earth I do.

Night One: Nullified due to PR breaking.
Night Two: Farside
Night Three: Killa Seven
Night Four: Imagordan

Things I have ruled out altogether: Any information role. I have never received any notice of anything, blockings, visitation, results, or anything else.

Did anyone receive any notice of me?

Flavourwise, I don't think I'm a doc, I could potentially be a roleblocker, but then this is speculation.

It's kind of sad to speculate about your own role.
I recieved no notice.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:31 am

Post by strappado »

My Role PM said I was the Bishop and that I can choose a player and get info on who was in their vicinity at night. The wording of the PM made me think that I could see anyone in their vicinity - as in anyone who visited them, and anyone they visited - but I think I only see who visited them.

Night 1: Spyrex: Mr. Vibrating, The Machine that Goes Bing, Bridgekeeper
Night 2: Azimuth: no one
Night 3: Muerrto: Bridgekeeper and Sir Lancelot
Night 4: Lord Gurgi: Wedding Party
http://strappado.mybrute.com
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:24 am

Post by imaginality »

The Internet, did you get notified of me targeting you during night 2 (training you in the art of defending yourself against attackers armed with raspberries)?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by The Internet »

No imaginality, I did not.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

hmm... So I'm the only one. Perhaps Azimuth blocked Elvis and perhaps he didn't. If there is a scum role blocker and a town role blocker then that will certainly put a dent in alot of things.
Imaginality are you sure you didn't pick farside night 2 and Internet night 3?
If Internet was night 2 and Elvis was also blocked that night then that could explain somethings pending if Mirth blocked anybody on night 2 and how her blocking works. But if Azimuth and Mirth did not stop Elvis and Imaginality, then a scum blocker is very probable.

Something I noticed, there is a good number of claimed actions that have noticable effects. While Some do not. And some roles can confirm others. I'm going to do some math based on role types and actions and see if there is an actual group chart I can narrow down on who can be cult recruiter instead of a general precential estimation on it being a red herring.

Now if there is a cult, there action must have failed to recruit someone at least once or the game would be over right now.

People with actions that perform noticeable effects on there target

Imaginaliy's
action can be seen. (If he is cult recruiter I'd be his only recruit)
PokerFace's
action is seen by those I used it on. (If I was cult recruiter I would have won already with my recruits considering 3 people I targeted are alive right now.)
K7
sends people after people. This is confirmed by me and internet
asuming no one wants to anounce they saw the bridgekeeper last night. Anybody want to say otherwise? Last Chance

People confirmed based on role

Farside,
Elvis is dead and we know what she was doing there.
Strappado
sees characters and this has been confirmed many ways by people she has seen like Mirth who turned up town.

People whose actions have not been confirmed by anyone

Gurgi
- What effect? Seen by no one
Muerto
- I still doubt he is tobaconist and his actions ain't seen

Internet
- I would say exists between both groups. Why you ask? His action can't be seen by those he targeted yet we all know hit did target SpyreX thanks to strappado. So only way he could be cult recruiter would be if he failed to recruit SpyreX.
Yes I just quoted myself inside my own post, Mind Fuck! wrote:
Now if there is a cult, there action must have failed to recruit someone at least once or the game would be over right now.
So with that in mind Internet could be cult recruiter but it is highly unlikly, pending actions of Scum role blocker, Mirth, and Azimuth stoping his action from effecting SpyreX.

Ok so there's an actual chart on who it can be. I am really leaning on it being a red herring considering those choices but if wrong that's what we are looking at. I ain't seen Gurgi as scummy during this game. I am in the middle on Muerto and Internet considering Muerto's claim and comments earlier and probability of someone stoping internet. They were both involved with the bridgekeeper stuff, so I am now going to go over their play with respect to any talk they may have made involving WIFOM and bridgekeeper. If I can find someone i think is potentially mafia and maybe cult then that could work out well.

I will look at those I don't think are recruiters for sake of finding scum being a general priority always too. Later
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

PokerFace, Jordan/I definitely targeted The Internet night 2 and farside night 3 rather than the other way around.

However, there's an (in my opinion quite likely) sequence of events for night 2 that doesn't involve a scum roleblocker:

SpyreX attracted elvis and The Internet protected SpyreX from being killed by elvis

and

Azimuth blocked me. (He had expressed some suspicions of JordanA24, so I think it's fairly possible he would have chosen to block him/me.)

(I doubt Mirth blocked me based on my theory that 'self-targeting roleblocker' redirects actions back to the person acting, so I would have been notified that I'd trained myself that night if she'd targeted me. (And if she'd blocked elvis, elvis would have killed himself.) I think it's most likely she targeted someone else that night.)

On night 3, either my action didn't work because farside was hiding, as farside suggeted, or else it's possible that SpyreX attracted me (he died, and we don't know who he targeted).

Your thoughts about who could be cult recruiter I agree with. I guess it is worth keeping it in mind but my money is on it being a red herring.

As for mafia, I think if there's one scum left, it's likely to be one of the following:

Muerrto - could be lying about his character. Against this, I don't think he's played particularly scummily, and the power he claimed was confirmed (he knew two people had visited him night 3).

Lord Gurgi - his claim isn't confirmed, and although he visits people to try to sell them the albatross, they apparently don't receive notice of his visit. That doesn't seem to fit with how PokerFace does get to talk to people to try to buy cigarettes. I've had a slight gut feeling about him being scum niggling at me, but haven't seen anything concrete to base my suspicions on. But the vagueness around what if anything his night action does, combined with the fact it's not confirmed in any way, makes me want to take a closer look back at his posts.

killa seven - while his action is obviously confirmed, choosing two players who got night-killed is unlikely enough to warrant some questions being asked. I can see the following points against him:

1. The "What did strappado do?" question - if he thought you were pro-town, asking that just led to more information being revealed, helping scum. Admittedly it also inevitably led to him having to roleclaim, but with him having a pro-town power, he wouldn't have been worried about that. (Arguably, the fact he wasn't worried about roleclaiming so early is suspicious in itself.)

2. Mirth died, SpyreX died - so the town got no information those nights. Easy, if scum, to target the player that the scum are going to kill. And unlikely if town. 2/11 (14 players, 2 killing roles, 3 scum) * 2/10 (12 players, 2 killing roles, 2 scum) is less than 4% chance.

Against this, last night he sent The Internet to track TSPN. He'd know TSPN visited elvis, so it's less obvious why he'd do this, unless for WIFOM reasons when TSPN roleclaimed bridgekeeper (if the bridgekeeper is scum, why would he visit the person the scum decided to night-kill; and if the town still happens to lynch TSPN anyhow, K7 looks more pro-town for having sent TI to track him).

I'm starting to doubt The Internet is scum just because it seems pretty likely he is doc (saving SpyreX from elvis night 2, plus his roleclaim is obv doc flavour), but I guess there is a chance of him being a scum-aligned doctor perhaps. (He saved SpyreX from elvis's kill, hasn't saved anyone from the scum kill.) Not sure how likely that role is.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

imaginality wrote:PokerFace, Jordan/I definitely targeted The Internet night 2 and farside night 3 rather than the other way around.

However, there's an (in my opinion quite likely) sequence of events for night 2 that doesn't involve a scum roleblocker:

SpyreX attracted elvis and The Internet protected SpyreX from being killed by elvis

and

Azimuth blocked me. (He had expressed some suspicions of JordanA24, so I think it's fairly possible he would have chosen to block him/me.)

(I doubt Mirth blocked me based on my theory that 'self-targeting roleblocker' redirects actions back to the person acting, so I would have been notified that I'd trained myself that night if she'd targeted me. (And if she'd blocked elvis, elvis would have killed himself.) I think it's most likely she targeted someone else that night.)

On night 3, either my action didn't work because farside was hiding, as farside suggeted, or else it's possible that SpyreX attracted me (he died, and we don't know who he targeted).

I'm starting to doubt The Internet is scum just because it seems pretty likely he is doc (saving SpyreX from elvis night 2, plus his roleclaim is obv doc flavour), but I guess there is a chance of him being a scum-aligned doctor perhaps. (He saved SpyreX from elvis's kill, hasn't saved anyone from the scum kill.) Not sure how likely that role is.
Thank you very much. I knew I was forgetting something.

Internet being doc would save SpyreX from Elvis.

Azimuth definatly said he was suspicious of You. So him blocking you makes Sence.

And I "think" Mirth was once suspicious of Farside if I remember corectly. If Farside dies hiding with her Hunter, Mirth could have sent Farside back at herself making her hidinging no where on night 2 and saving her from Elvis.

In terms of chance, things working this well are unlikly but considering who was suspicious of who these situations are possible despite the headache or laughter shaft.ed would have gotten. the mystery of Night 2 actually has a probable solution now. I no longer consider Internet a cult recruiter. He has to be some type of doc in order to explain SpyreX's life. He can be mafia or town or even a recruit but he can't be the recruiter if all that is true. Once I read over the bridge keeper stuff I keep mentioning I'll decide if he is mafia or not.

And I also don't agree with you about Killa 7. What you are saying feels like a real farfetched plan to me. K7 would have needed to know Ninja would be dead at this point to further his appearance with internet seeing ninja at this stage wouldn't he? I think K7 just got confused with how best to use his role. I saw something like his role in an IRC game along time ago. It was called "Whispering Tracker" and did exactly what K7 does. And I had the whispering Tracker role. I was very inexperienced back then. It was one of my first mafia games and I did exactly the same thing K7 did. I asked Xyl what he saw Shanba do during the last night out in the open. He responded "That was you who sent me? Well If I didn't kill jdodge, and you didn't since you can only perform one action each in this server's mafia format and you targeted me. And Shanba targeted Xyzzy then the only person without an accounted for action is Xyzzy. He is the only person who could have sent a kill in on jdodge!" Last scum lyncheded day3 happened less then a second later. That was a fun game.

Something else that don't add up for me. Had Ninja claimed bridgekeeper later on in the game, using that crumb I pointed out as evidence, (A good plan that would have been) I wouldn't have let him shake off the premisses of him believing SpyreX and not beleiving the Internet. Maybe he was just making a mistake following others that suspected Internet at that time, botching his plan before its completion; BUT if Internet got lynched or killed and came up town, claiming Bridgekeeper after internet's death with an investigation that could have saved and prevented the death of an innocent had he spoke up sooner would have got Ninja Quick Lynched in a second.

Either this is true:
"He was just making a mistake following others that suspected Internet at that time, botching his plan before its completion"

Or... Internet's death before his bridgekeeper anouncement didn't have a potential to botch his claiming later on. Which would only be possible if him and internet were both scum.

This is why I want to look back at all that stuff. Sorry I keep not getting around to it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I found the quotes I was looking for but then I realized another good question. If Internet died and turned up Evil Ego character and then Ninja claimed, Ninja would have needed to explain how Internet passed the bridge keeper investigation without dieing or turning up scum. And that would only be possible if Internet was the GF or lived through lieing to the bridgekeeper. And Internet is already Doc so that ain't possible unless shaft.ed had a field day designing our setup to have a combo GF Doc.

So if Internet turned up town or Evil Ego character Ninja's claim would have gotten him lynched either way. He must have been making a mistake suspecting internet with the town when others began to suspect him. And that sort of thing could only be shrugged off if he convinced everyone else to believe Ninja thought Internet had turned cult recruit later on. And since Ninja wanted Elvis to kill Internet at a time cult killings were important, Ninja could have used that excuse.

So...
1) Either Ninja was "seriously" botching his own groups claim potential without realizing it making internet's alignment un-determinable.
2) Internet is town and Ninja thought he could get away with calling Internet possibly Cult
3) Ninja honestly thought Internet had gotten cult recruited after the investigation

Now my story is sounding really farfetched.

K7 could be scum but I don't believe him being open about his role would necessarily make him scum or town. And saying him targeting dead people makes him scum is bad WIFOM. Its not good enough evidence for me to vote K7.

Muerto could be scum or cult.

Gurgi could be cult (Though I don't find him scummy at all)

Internet's alignment could be town, recruit, or mafia. And the most likly and sencible solution is Ninja made a mistake. And if that is the case, Internet's alignment can't be determined like that so I got ask myself if any of these quotes I found makes Internet or Muerto scum.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
lg wrote: Posts very little of actual content, if he were to participate more I might have more of a read, but this is all I have to work with.
Really? :( Because I feel like I've been fairly on top of this game. If you could point to all the fluff I've been posting, I'll try to change my behavior.

Anyway, while I think we have to consider the possibility that scum would lie and hope to get lucky on the bridgekeeper, Internet looks pretty good to me.

So
vote chenhsi.
I'm not entirely sure I get that much of a read of him, but the lurking and the scumtell. . . well, I want to see some content.
The Internet wrote:Alright, here I am. To Pokerface, yes I did receive a message I presume was by you. It mentioned 5 pustules on the nose for the skunk you own (paraphrasing, of course). I'm sorry, but I didn't have any cigarettes. I was also visited by the bridged keeper, who asked me if I was mafia, if I was in a cult, and if either, who my partners were. He mentioned the punishment, as usual. I answered truthfully, namely no to all of them. However, I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim. This supports my theory that the questions are chosen by the bridgekeeper himself.

To Lord Gurgi, I'm sorry that I appear scummy to you, It's just the DBE lynch moved to fast for me to get the replies I desired, and I jumped at Iron Man because his testimony had some massive holes that he could not patch( why he targeted anyone, why it didn't work) and didn't want to lag out like on DBE, and you'll note that I was one of the last to vote, but not the hammer, which is not a position scum usually take. The reason I didn't get in on the chenshi debate is because I'm opposed to lynches because of lurking and thought we had a much stronger lynchee in Iron mian, though he is looking scummier now.

And lastly, I can't quite understand exactly what Mirth's role did, and I would like to know the targets and results of those who have already claimed (SpyreX, Strappado, and Killa seven), to see if we can get more info.
Muerrto wrote:
The Internet wrote:I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim.
While I'm not saying the BK is scum or town, I'd say assuming he's town because of his questions is bad WIFOM itself. He did ask if you were cult and who your partners are so he could be scum. He also asked if you were scum and who your partners were so he could be cult. He could also be town checking both.

Still seems like a ridiculously powerful role.

Not suggesting this per se but someone might wanna think about lying if the question is too powerful an answer(like what's your ability) to see what happens if they lie.
The Internet wrote:
Muerrto wrote:
The Internet wrote:I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim.
While I'm not saying the BK is scum or town, I'd say assuming he's town because of his questions is bad WIFOM itself. He did ask if you were cult and who your partners are so he could be scum. He also asked if you were scum and who your partners were so he could be cult. He could also be town checking both.

Still seems like a ridiculously powerful role.

Not suggesting this per se but someone might wanna think about lying if the question is too powerful an answer(like what's your ability) to see what happens if they lie.
Thank you pointing that out, I did not see that. Still, figuring who is cult is fairly low on the scum's list, they mainly want to kill town power roles, so asking role would be better for scum, especially when they have another option than WIFOMs.
Read the entire quotes to see what I mean since Chenshi is mentioned wierdly here too. I'll think more on this later.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

imaginality claiming a RB type makes me nervous. It's my experience that if there is a town RB there is a scum RB. I don't see town with 2 rb.
Muertto and LG are the only other ones I question at this point.
I think that if TSPN had found the cult he would have outted the person out right because scum want to win and getting rid of the cult is part of winning.
If the cult is real. I don't think it's a red herring, but I won't be paranoid about it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Should be noted Imaginality is fruit trainer not role blocker Farside. I'd sooner call Imagordan a red herrring doc and 1 shot vig since I don't think there is an attacker wielding fruit present. Us having regular doc and red herring doc don't feel bad to me.

Also Mirth turned up town role blocker.
And Azimuth claimed and turning up town role blocker.
2 town roleblockers 'did' exist but there were different types. One a self targeting role blocker and the other a unique targeting one.

I think you got confused Farside with all the roles and actions and junk. Can't say I blame you with all the crazy shit that be in this setup. Also I'm not being paranoid. I'm just explaining what options there are. If there is a cult its Gurgi or Muerto. Otherwise there is none. And I am leaning on there being none with only those 2 options left.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”