False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1904, VFP wrote:I read it, but half of it is meta so nothing to really contribute on this side to it.
That's rather unfavorable. Here's the non-meta aspects of it:
In post 1901, mastina wrote:Who would be my scumbuddy?
It is pretty damn obvious that you are town and that Pooky is town. So who's left for being scum?

I have pushed BBMolla as being scum the entire game--it can't be him.

I have given, fairly solid imo, reasons for why VFP should be conftown here, not only through the slot's holding of a doublevote, but also through the fact that the busdrive last night seems to, very clearly, be a spanner in the works of the scumteam's plans since if they had the busdriver, we almost certainly wouldn't have had no town death last night (as between a busdriver and a deflector, they could basically guarantee a kill on town by managing to combine the two).

That literally leaves only {Not_Mafia, Toogeloo, Almost50} as possible scumbuddies for me--and one of them, Toogeloo, is voting me, so it's almost definitely not him.

Do you think I am scum with Not_Mafia, or do you think I am scum with Almost50? Because for me to be scum you MUST think that one of the two is scum.
---
If you accept that I'm not lying about taking and using a babysit on BBMolla...the question then becomes: What is the motive?

As scum, there is no motive for this. As scum, with the PGO dead on D3, I would have every reason to believe no scum died N3. I would thus have every reason to believe that, come D4, we would be in mylo. Why would I take, and burn, the babysit? If I was concerned that town could use it to save someone after a mylo mislynch, I could pass it to scum. There would be two scumbuddies to pass it to. Or even if I was concerned, I could just...take it, and then...not use it. I didn't need to burn it on BBMolla as scum last night because doing so had no motive.

A babysit used by scum won't be giving the scum an extra death because it'd require scum to die and I wouldn't be vigged. A babysit used by scum COULD stop the scum kill accidentally, via redirect actions that, per Pizza being scum with a deflector role, scumastina would know to exist in the game.

Using the babysit as scum is thus, something that has no proscum motive and is, explicitly, an antiscum action.

Now contrast that with the motive to use it as town:
As town, I KNOW I was the N2 nightkill via your jailkeep of me.
To reiterate:
FACT: There was no town death N2.
FACT: The only claimed source to stop the N2 kill is your jailkeep of me, MathBlade.
Therefore, FACT: Your jailkeep of me stopped the scum nightkill.
FACT: I am town.
FACT: I therefore know that I didn't make the scum nightkill with it being blocked. (But more on that below.)
FACT: I therefore know that *I* was the N2 scum nightkill, that the scumteam TRIED TO KILL ME N2.
FACT: On D3, you stated you had passed me a protective role.
FACT: No other player on D3 claimed to be in possession of a protective role. I was the only one who claimed to have access to one.

CONCLUSION: Between me being the confirmed N2 scum nightkill, and me having the only claimed protective role left in the game after the two others were burned N2, it was incredibly likely I would be the N3 scum nightkill, both due to being the N2 scum nightkill and possessing a protection, with anyone not-me being killed having a risk I would save them and me being incredibly likely to be wide open to attack.

Thus, using my babysit on BBMolla as town has a very, very, VERY obvious, self-evident reason: a full belief that I was going to die N3 and wanting to take BBMolla down with me, bringing us to 7 alive today, and either in lylo with the main scum mislynch down IF Molla is town, or in the day before lylo with one scum dead from me taking them down with me.

There's zero scum motive in using a babysit; there is EVERY town motive in using the babysit.
---
Aside from that: there are no claimed protective roles for N3 other than me.

The scum kill from N3 is absent.

I claimed to use a babysitter action.

As I am not dead, that babysitter action should be a protect rather than a kill, saving a life rather than taking it.

I am literally the you of N2, of N3. Just as your jailkeep of me is the ONLY possible source of a lack of scum kill N2, my babysitter is the ONLY possible source of a lack of scum kill N3.

While I meant to use it as a kill on Molla, it is very likely, given VFP's claim of having busdriven you and Molla, that I ended up
saving your life
. Just as you saved my life N2, it is highly likely that I ended up saving your life N3 (albeit unintentionally).

I trust you to not skim and not engage on this in bad faith and to actually think it over, look at it, and give it actual serious thought and analysis but it should be pretty damn apparent that if you fucking mislynch me here you're literally doing the scum's jobs for them because I should be bloody conftown here.
While there's a few things trimmed from being meta, this is still well over half of my case for why I am town here.

I did use some meta; the point about me not nightkilling as scum is entirely self-meta, and there was one point which was literally called self-meta, and just as Pooky has a meta of "I never bus on D1 as scum" as proof for him being conftown I have a "I never lie about my role as scum" meta for confing my claim as real, but the majority of my arguments stand even without meta.
In post 1910, MathBlade wrote:Please please if I mess up tell me I hate bus drivers and deflectors with a passion
I feel like,
1: We are close to having the right combo and answers for some of this shit, but,
2: We're never going to get the entire answer for it, both because,
3: The mechanics are incredibly hard to wrap our heads around,
4: The answers are highly situational and variant on the mod for how they played out,
5: And we don't have all the info needed to make the right conclusion and,
6: While we're mechanical-based players, wrapping our head around these multi-layered mechanics is challenging even for us to the point where asking the right questions and coming up with the right combinations is a struggle, so,
7: We can't get a perfect answer from this, but,
8: We can still sort-of break the game from the knowledge in a way.

I maintain that I believe that if scum had both the deflector and the busdriver, they wouldn't have fucked the mechanical interaction between the two up--and thus that VFP must be town.
I know I used a babysit last night and that I am apparently the only killstopper action in play for N3 and thus that it is quite likely I (however unintentionally) foiled the scum nightkill last night.
I think you and Pooky are both for your own reasons conftown here.

And if that's true, that's 4 players for 2 scum.
We can't solve the game entirely from the mechanics nor do I think we should spend too much time trying to do so--but I think they have given us an edge and pointed us in the right direction overall.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:30 pm

Post by mastina »

Oh I forgot to mention.
Also contributing to the mech solving:
I am really really tired and right now have been going through some rather crippling depression. (Literally all I feel like doing is playing Stardew Valley all day long because it's the only thing that sucks me in and requires no active effort. I can tell I am very heavily depressed right now.)

Thinking, and trying to solve mechanics, is incredibly hard right now.

There is quite a bit of frustration: I feel like if I were on top of my game, I could have the solve for the mystery. I feel like I've come close. I just can't manage to wrap my head around the exact action combo, and I feel like I SHOULD be able to, I just...haven't, when I feel like I should be able to do so, I just for varying reasons in spite of feeling that at my caliber I should...can't.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:47 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1949, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Not Mafia

Come play and do something.

When unsure elim a lurker I guess?
Eliminating scum would be better
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1952, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1949, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Not Mafia

Come play and do something.

When unsure elim a lurker I guess?
Eliminating scum would be better
Man, I struggle to find holes in your logic every time you post. :lol:
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Toogeloo »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Not Mafia
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

Votecount 4.3

Not_Mafia (2) Mathblade - Toogeloo
Mathblade (0)
Toogeloo (0)
mastina (1) BBmolla
BBmolla (1) Not_Mafia
PookytheMagicalBear (0)
Almost50 (0)
VFP (0)

Not Voting (4) mastina - PookytheMagicalBear - Almost50 - VFP

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to force feed someone to death, day 4 ends in (expired on 2021-03-26 03:53:16)
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Does anyone think that molla's interaction with the pizza wagon was town in any way?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

Possibly scummy but I figure that can happen after I am likely dead and I don’t like elimming a slot that’s awaiting replacement.

I also tend to find when I am stuck and can’t find scum the people doing jack and shit tend to be scum.

I agree with the VFP must be town but not the second half.
If you had stopped a kill there would have been two kill actions and no one claimed vig Mastina.
That’s what makes you mechanically more likely scum
I just don’t think by play you are and am looking for a second bus driver.

Either way it doesn’t fit and what I thought when I thought I had it figured out is stupid so I am just throwing mechanics out the window
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1764, Gypyx wrote:Daystart will be slightly delayed cuz i'm sick and there's a problem with resolving night actions, shouldn't be too long hopefully
It was obviously a convoluted night if the mod even had issues, Math.

At this point, I'm open to anything I guess. If mafia is in Math, mastina, pooky, then their WIM is higher than anything else the game is putting out and deserve a win. I can't in good conscious look there for today.

While we wait for a Molla replacement into this Ship of Theseus game, maybe Not Mafia could elaborate on their reads and give us a PoE.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1958, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1764, Gypyx wrote:Daystart will be slightly delayed cuz i'm sick and there's a problem with resolving night actions, shouldn't be too long hopefully

At this point, I'm open to anything I guess. If mafia is in Math, mastina, pooky, then their WIM is higher than anything else the game is putting out and deserve a win. I can't in good conscious look there for today.

While we wait for a Molla replacement into this Ship of Theseus game, maybe Not Mafia could elaborate on their reads and give us a PoE.
Kinda where I am at on Mastina
My gut and mechanics says I should vote her
I just ...can’t.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1948, VFP wrote:I'm concerned with A50 who wanted to put no effort into the game and then looks worried when getting votes.
No effort = Town carry me? YES
No effort = OK to get mis-lim'd? NO

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Don't use MU terms
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1961, Not_Mafia wrote:

Don't use MU terms
Lmao most of those are/were MS first

Are you gonna do something?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VOTE: Not Mafia

I have regrets
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

What regrets?

VOTE: Unvote
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I have a role I really want to use, give me one more day.

BBMolla's hop off of pizza yesterday was disgusting and A50 is just coasting, which he has done as scum before, but it's usually when he has a stronger or deepwolf partner

The undue resistance to molla all game is very sus aswell
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:33 am

you not hammering pizza pizza is also sus
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I didn't get the chance
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:38 am

p sure they were at e-1 with you not voting them
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:38 am

i even said we just waiting for the NM HAMMAH
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I didn't check the thread in the time pizza was on E-1, there was only a 2 hour window to hammer. If anything I'd be more inclined to hammer if we were scum toghether, I've hammered my own scum partners many a time
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1753, MathBlade wrote:I like can’t in good policy keep my vote with someone who I think is scum.
This is a legitimate reason to hop off a wagon last minute
In post 1754, BBmolla wrote:Alright game is stagnating and it’s becoming anti-town at this point

VOTE: Unwnd
This is made up
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1754, BBmolla wrote:Alright game is stagnating and it’s becoming anti-town at this point

VOTE: Unwnd
Like, what the hell is this post
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 am

In post 1970, Not_Mafia wrote:I didn't check the thread in the time pizza was on E-1, there was only a 2 hour window to hammer. If anything I'd be more inclined to hammer if we were scum toghether, I've hammered my own scum partners many a time
i have high expectations that you will materialize out of nowhere even while sleeping to hammer
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am

alright fk it lets just get molla

VOTE: molla
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”