geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:48 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1544, VFP wrote:I don't think you disagree that there's at least 1.in amelie, Alice, and DGB though?
i believe when i went through the wagon from yesterday i found clidd and bugspray the two people most likely to be scum. the amelia/alice/DGB triplet were not on the wagon so i never really put any under the same lens as those who were on.
i try and pick groups i think have the highest likelihood of being scum and looking at them. yesterday's wagon is one group. the claimed power roles would be another, but i am happy to leave them alone to sort themselves out tomorrow.
i am not saying there isn't likely to be scum in the AAD grouping, but i think if i voted there it would likely be a tossup and with no logic behind it, unlke my clidd vote. i can at least back up my thinking there and explain why i have voted and to me that is important.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:56 am

Post by clidd »

That's bad logic again, but I respect since it's your way of playing.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 2.14
Dannflor (0)-

Amélie (2)-
VFP, clidd
DrippingGoofball (3)-
RLotus, dannflor, Gretchen
AliceK (2)-
DrippingGoofball, LlamaFluff
geraintm (0)-

Gretchen (1)-
Amélie
VFP (0)-

RLotus (1)-
AliceK
clidd (2)-
geraintm, Solon
LlamaFluff (0)-

Solon (0)-

Not Voting (0)-

With
alive, it takes
to Eliminate.

Deadline is
(expired on 2021-03-25 19:00:00)
-
Mar 25th 19:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:40 am

Post by clidd »

@Vfp

Do you have a take on Solon by play? I'm having trouble getting a concrete read with his latest sequence of posts.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:42 am

Post by clidd »

@Llama

What do you think about Gera?

I'm mostly reading him by meta/his likely confbias thing, but but I didn't look at the slot individually (regardless of these concepts).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:54 am

Post by clidd »

For example, these are things that Gera said in his towngame:

Spoiler:
In post 1758, geraintm wrote:updating my thoughts from post 1741

Bugspray - does have an early vote for Cook Day 1, but then lots of town.
I am not going to give them much credit for an early Day 1 vote on scum that got moved elsewhere quickly for no strong reason (it was Vote Jim I dig)
i still have them as leaning scum

Jim Hawkins
lean town
they eliminated Cook day 1, were one of the earlest votes on which stuck. i tend to give town credit for votes on scum that didn't really need to be there and could have come off before an elimination

Rlotus
lean scum
eliminated Cook day one, but one of the later votes when cook was looking like toast, and tried to jump off before coming back.
since then lots of town votes

Egix
everything is voting for town
lean scum

Flea

lean town

i am not going to vote for Flea or Jim today.

Egic, Rlotus and Bugspray look worst

latest vote count though is

Egix and Rlotus for Flea
Jim and Bugsray for me

VOTE: rlotus but i think the 2 are in the rlotus, bugspray, egix
In post 1764, geraintm wrote:
In post 1761, clidd wrote:Scum can buss and town can be wrong and suspect town.

How do you differentiate?
with guesses? i have at no point said my method is infallible, but it is the best i have. On average, scum will vote for town more often than town do, and will vote for scum less than town. they will be on final eliminations of scum less than town. and votes placed on scum if placed early in wagons and leave (especially easily) look suspect.

we can argue over my way of thinking if you wish, but i'd rather people actually respond to who i suspect is scum and say if they think i am on the right track or not - either those i have eliminated or those ive left in
In post 1786, geraintm wrote:Trying to go through everyone's reads to make sense of it

Clidd has
Rlotus/jim hawkins town
Bugspray/Egic/Flea scum
me lean scum

Rlotus has
Clidd/Jim Hawkins/Egix as town
me as lean scum
Flea/Bugspray scum

Bugspray is weird

Has me and Flea as scum
Egix lean scum
but also in 1726 has Flea as town

Jim Hawkins has

Flea, Egix, Bugspray as scum
and voted me

Flea
Rlotus as town
Jim hawkins as null
me as scum
voted for egix

Egix

has Jim hawkins and clidd as town
Rlotus lean town
me lean scum
bugspray and flea as scum

If anyone wants to correct my readings of people's opinions, then please do.

I am going to VOTE: Bugspray
i think Rlotus could have switched to me today if they had really wanted to and get an elimination, but they have held off. bugspray seems inconsistent in their posts today, i've never liked their vote history

He has a strange method of considering votes exclusively as AI, as well as the traction of a wavy line of logic to reach conclusions.

Kind of a headache to read through, so I need to recall the memory of how scum!Gera looks like.

Leaning town for now, anyways.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:08 am

Post by clidd »

In post 1108, geraintm wrote:I normally look at votes when i can to help me narrow down suspects.

clidd, RLotus, Dannflor, Gretchen, Featherless Biped, bugspray, Solon
These were the votes on the wagon yesterday.

Obv, Featherless was town.

Clidd voted in 988, was a blank vote. first voted back in 570. I cannot work out why they ever voted for Hypo

RLotus, hypo was their random vote. final vote was 1012. it came out of nowhere, they hadn't mentioned hypo much in the preceeding posts, little effort to consider other wagons after that.

DAnnflor - voted 1013 (and 1009)
In post 943, Dannflor wrote:Yeah the IC claim is probably fake but I thought I'd put it out there anyway since some people have taken it seriously. It's not alignment indicative for April to make fake claims like that.

DGB could be scum. They haven't been particularly gungho about pushing anything, besides a couple weak posts here and there going after me.

HypoSoc, I go back and forth on, I *think* I've settled on their focus of the IC claim being town indicative? I also scum read their posting style but realize it might be just that, a posting style. meh, I wish I had something more solid here
this post doesn't fill me with much confidence that the vote was a strong genuine read on the slot.

so far, i find all three of these votes looking bad

Gretcehn - voted in 1019
In post 1019, Gretchen wrote:
In post 837, HypoSoc wrote:See, yeah, compared to "late activated IC", Novice Detective IS something that makes sense for scum to claim.

Also, it feels like you made the claim pretty early... like, as town it's a role you want to keep secret. You weren't at risk of being hammered immediately (only E-2 at the time you made the claim, if I counted correctly), so why would you give up the town power role's anonymity so quickly?

Edit by way of preview: +1 to April's "frustrated scum" analysis
lmao i want to vote him for this post alone. infact i will do that, VOTE: HypoSoc
my god, doesn anyone want to look terrible voting for Hypo? you can't all 4 be scum. there was a little bit better progression before this vote though, they dont look quiet as bad the at the other three.

bugspray - this just felt like someone wanting a wagon to get over the line, trying hard to to eliminate someone (who turned out to be town)

Solon - i have no idea what to make of this slot, they barged in late, over eager and happy to hammer anything.

I am frankly hating pretty much the entire wagon, especially as by the time eliminaton actually happened they just felt so unlikely to be scum. it would have been better to not eliminate.
If I consider that to be standard for town!Gera, I would say that the post above is a very positive sign ^

The
''my god, doesn anyone want to look terrible voting for Hypo? you can't all 4 be scum''
is a foolish thing to say as scum!Gera.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:22 am

Post by clidd »

I need to recall the memory of how scum!Gera looks like.
I can change my mind about it depending on what I get from it ^
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Amélie »

I really don't have the time to do much for this game but I'm trying my best. I've quickly read up in about ten minutes and will give some brief comments on things I found scummy.
I am town here but Lotus' defense is strange. I don't think I am very similar to that game that Lotus mentions because in that game, I came in and was confident in one read and stuck to it the entire time. That game moved much slower and I was caught up for the majority of the time I was there. I think in this game I am more all over the place because of replacements and clidd. Clidd specifically because I have spent the majority of my time in this game trying to figure out clidd.

Before we move on to clidd, I want to say that no, I don't scum read Lotus. He's more of a null to me currently.

He started out this game very strangely with a new reads list in every post. I found this pretty scummy at first. But then later someone else pointed it out and clidd continued to do it. I kept feeling like that could've been a way to make something subtly suspicious into a joke almost. Then he launched into a whole lot of meta and analysis and reminded me of town clidd. I have constantly been confused by your motivations and what you are trying to do here. I've evened it out into a townread in the end but clidd's been quite a puzzle for me.

I think Llamafluff is probably town though who he replaced could change that read.

Someone said something about me voting a cop claim and asking to be copped. I don't recall this happening.

I don't really know what my reads are right now to be honest but if it's between Alice, Goofball, and I, I do prefer Alice going because Goofball has been a suicidal wreck for the majority of this day and it didn't even stop when they were about to die which is horrible play if scum or upset town. I think the second option makes much more sense.

If there is anything I need to specifically address, reply to this post and I'll take a look and get back to you.
The only question I remember is why I haven't voted. I'm not sure how to answer that. I just haven't?
Why is it so easy to kill our happiness but so hard to kill our sadness?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:22 am

Post by clidd »

@Amélie

What's your opinion on the slots you did not mention above? (Grechen, Gera, Dann, Solon etc)
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:37 am

Post by RLotus »

In post 1558, Amélie wrote:I am town here but Lotus' defense is strange. I don't think I am very similar to that game that Lotus mentions because in that game, I came in and was confident in one read and stuck to it the entire time. That game moved much slower and I was caught up for the majority of the time I was there. I think in this game I am more all over the place because of replacements and clidd.
See what does scum gain by trying to discredit one of the only defenses of her lol
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:55 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1558, Amélie wrote:The only question I remember is why I haven't voted. I'm not sure how to answer that. I just haven't?
Voting is important. It shows weight to reasoning, it allows for connections to be made between players and it helps track timetables.

Im starting to read Ame as lost-town. They have no idea about what is going on in the game (to the point they are voting a claimed cop and dont realize it) or are completely faking it.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Solon is being replaced
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:11 am

Post by clidd »

I would prefer to see more of what she is thinking about the game before changing my vote (if applicable).

Alternatively, we have yet to see who will be Alice's replacement and now what impression a new person on Solon's slot will show.
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Gretchen »

what do you think of llamma and vfp, Alice?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:16 am

Post by clidd »

Btw, this is what scum!Gera looks like:

Spoiler:
In post 769, geraintm wrote:thoughts on frogster

had a strong red on nosferatu earyl game, loads of long posts.
then switched and said gamma and banana were...but not the associated long posts with evidence.

back to long log posts on rc enimgma

528 - vague post hinting at scum but not disclosing any actual reads

weird read on CFJ about them being scum, but not wanting to lynch. instead focussing on nosferatu and banana

662 - raya is now scum

734 - wants to look at walter in case they are scum (and later asks permission from not mafia to join that wagon)

overall, they are throwing a lot of scum reads around. sticks with them but quickly moves onto the next shiny thing. not impressed

(tryng to go trough these in order of number of posts)
In post 770, geraintm wrote:thoughts on taylor swift

their entrance seems fine,i find their method of reading not townie or scummy just fine. except they manage to get two scum votes as they go through

679 - already said I dislike this when they group so many together as potential scum

690 - said already dislike them saying we aren't allowed to discuss their votes

by 730 have hard turned away from walter

thoughts - it was a good entrance, but posts have dialled back and now just seems in an style disagreement with nosferatu and I don't like the way they entered in hard against walter and now they aren't in their top 3.
I realise I already finding it easy to find bad things to say about everyone and not looking for good things.

Game: viewtopic.php?t=84025&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Gretchen »

i'm so incredibly lazy this game, i don't deserve to be here

clidd, why do you still find Amelie maf? i've actually found d her recent thoughts towny and lacking an agenda
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Gretchen »

In post 1476, LlamaFluff wrote:Actually lets do this instead

Vote AliceK

Day one they do nothing in terms of scumhunting. There actually is an over two week span where they are on Entrapa (Dann) and actually never address any reasons or try and gather any other support. Just sits back and says little while others peruse things. Also seems to at most just chainsaw April slot quite a bit.

Day two they show heavy interest in getting a claimed PR ran up, and then moves off the claimed PR for... the player the claimed PR says to have somewhat cleared because that player has a town read on someone. We are on day two. We have multiple claimed PRs. Alice is voting someone, who one of the PRs is saying they have down as clear, because Alice doesnt think there is a reason to have that strong of a town read on the player. Its also just confusing because if you think Solon is lying and never cleared Lotus... the move is to vote Solon.

She has been hesitant to do anything the whole game, attacking a player for being too confident in a town read (which lets me honest, the confidence there doesnt even seem high) and has routinely either refused to or decided not to try and get any sort of a push together to try and move the game in a direction they wanted. This is what scum who is happy keeping a status quo in the game looks like. I feel ive added more to this game in one day than Alice has in one month. This needs to start being the wagon.
VOTE: AliceK
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:23 am

Post by clidd »

Superficial reads and robotic opinion structure, I would say.

His posts are significantly less organic as scum and try to deliver additional details that do not express a genuine scumhunting.

Comparatively, I believe that his posting flow here reminds me much more of our last game, in which he was town, than that specific scumgame.

pedit: I believe that she has the potential to express herself better. Didn't find her last post so convincing.
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Gretchen »

alice solon vfp?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:29 am

Post by clidd »

Hum..
I am 99% sure I've never been in game with either of you two before.

Day 1 I generally mope around and complain about how day 1s suck. I rarely move my vote around. I plan to do exactly the same this game.
viewtopic.php?p=12068660#p12068660 ~ Mafia PT

I don't remember you complaining on D1 here, although your reluctance to change your vote is suggestive.

But as we are on D2, perhaps this premise is not so valid as I think.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:30 am

Post by clidd »

In post 1569, Gretchen wrote:alice solon vfp?
As a solve?
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Gretchen »

Alice solon and 1 of vfp or amelie i think
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Gretchen »

In post 1571, clidd wrote:
In post 1569, Gretchen wrote:alice solon vfp?
As a solve?
yeah. you, llama, dann for his track, DGB, and gera all feel town.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:33 am

Post by clidd »

Vfp is towny, but I assume you are using April (FL) to read the slot as scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”