Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6826 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Pyro »

Sigh, this would've been a lot easier had you not all decided to scumread me before I had a chance to post. Now it looks like I'm reacting to the reads and forcing a 1v1 when in reality I was sure on this read overnight
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6827 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Pyro »

grumble grumble
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6828 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Very anti climatic

7 out of 10
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6829 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Don't worry I'm the biggest pro eliminate Pyro since the very moment I repped in and I still want to read your case
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6830 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Pyro »

Seriously though, Kanna... why must we always go through this spiral of paranoia. The Dark Waltz game I thought was the beginning of a new era, but alas
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6831 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Pyro »

The confidence at the end of your post especially
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6832 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Pink Ball »

If Dunn is the last scum, even if you die today, we need that case for LyLo. Dunn will have to decide who he wants to 1v1, and a case by flipped town!Pyro would be helpful
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6833 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Pyro »

Yeah
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #6834 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 6801, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, N2, Titus obviously thought Morty and Rick were my mason. N3 REK died because of role cop. N4, Koba outing the bus driver made them the #1 threat in the game. N5, Starcrossed claimed vig and Sarah gambit made it clear that scum thought I had a mason in the vts but I guess since they weren’t sure there wasn’t, they killed Fey, which probably wasn’t smart if Pyro is scum here but It’s obviously not you, Kid flip backs up Dunn’s even night claim, since we know bus driver is ungated. PB’s ISO is so townie it hurts plus strong anti associatives with both S & W/W & P. Kanna was right on Kid and she was even more confident on Clidd. In our mason discord, she was practically begging me to never elim Clidd.
There was no gambit by sara, you need to forget about that idea. There is no such thing as fakeclaiming mason lul

Dunn is odd night, and Kid doesn't back up his claim because Dunn claimed second.. Dunn backed up Kid, actually...
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6835 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 6802, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Fey died > you I think because I’ve made it clear from the getgo that I’m never eliming her, so scum maybe thought you were more pushable? Also no actual evidence of bus driver N5, since you reached your target. However, you were locktown after Sarah flipped.
If thats the theory you're running with, it makes Pyro seem more innocent because it is practically impossible for him to be able to turn on me. Someone else would have to scumread me for him.

I feel as if Star, Fey, and I were all similar levels of unpushable, even if you didn't townread us which is unlikely, our mech made us very likely town as well
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6836 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 6824, Pyro wrote:(it's Dunny)
Hell yeah this'll be fun
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6837 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 6826, Pyro wrote:Sigh, this would've been a lot easier had you not all decided to scumread me before I had a chance to post. Now it looks like I'm reacting to the reads and forcing a 1v1 when in reality I was sure on this read overnight
Sorry
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6838 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Last scum being either Dunn/Pyro rather than PB/clidd seems correct, which contradicts my PB/clidd/Sara PoE from a long ways back but i think it makes wayyyy more sense that the driver isn't clidd or Saudade/PB now
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6839 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 6801, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well, N2, Titus obviously thought Morty and Rick were my mason. N3 REK died because of role cop. N4, Koba outing the bus driver made them the #1 threat in the game. N5, Starcrossed claimed vig and Sarah gambit made it clear that scum thought I had a mason in the vts but I guess since they weren’t sure there wasn’t, they killed Fey, which probably wasn’t smart if Pyro is scum here but It’s obviously not you, Kid flip backs up Dunn’s even night claim, since we know bus driver is ungated. PB’s ISO is so townie it hurts plus strong anti associatives with both S & W/W & P. Kanna was right on Kid and she was even more confident on Clidd. In our mason discord, she was practically begging me to never elim Clidd.
Oh to actually respond more to this post -- I agree that there were better nightkills than Star even if scum realized they were mason (which they really should have). DKKoba and Fey were both at least as valuable as Star.

What i mean though is, what is the point for pressuring Star to claim exactly? I believe Pyro did this far past when it was clear likely to everyone that Star was at least *important*. They were the only unclaimed player. So what's the idea behind it?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #6840 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Kanna and Nancy at least have mentioned that Pyro wouldn't point out townslips or possible masons or whatnot when it's better to keep his mouth shut as town.. but in a game I moderated, Pyro blurted out that he had noticed a dead gunsmith's inno crumb.. when Pyro was a commuter and that was his last chance to draw a nightkill -- so that was kind of a mistake in the same category. I wouldn't discount the possibility just yet.
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6841 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Pyro »

Honestly, I would never talk about masons openly as scum, it looks very scummy on a surface level. I was seriously scumreading Starcrossed and thought if they were town, it was exactly as a mason- Pooky and Kanna were simply not talking to Nancy enough in thread and it meant they were scum or a Mason. I thought scum though which is why I kept talking about it and honestly just wanted a claim because I was like 70/30 on it

What else... oh, after the vig claim, I was sure Starcrossed was a mason because there wasn't enough room for 2 masons + a vig being alive, and it didn't explain why they weren't talking to Nancy in-thread. I played along with the vig claim though
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6842 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Pyro »

(I'm playing Ticket to Ride so haven't read everything yet btw)
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6843 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Pyro »

lol I just opened your message

@Starcrossed batshit bat around right off the bat batty tab cat rat eat
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6844 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Pyro »

Alright, I just ask you all be patient. I'm feeling slightly demoralised right now but it'll pass and I'm sure I'll get the motivation to write it eventually (also I'm somewhat busy tonight)

I was originally gonna write the case overnight but was too lazy to ask for a notes PT and then just thought whatever, it'll be fine to make it tomorrow

Let me see what you had a problem with my thoughts on KidAmn, Morning
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6845 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:21 am

Post by Pyro »

In post 6792, Morning Tweet wrote:Pyro missing how my plan to clear Kid was faulty and also hand-waving the "Even-night" problem are both kind of odd. Of course, I agree the Fey kill was quite agiven for scum to make.

I suppose if you want to explain the bussing [disclaimer: not entirely sure but i am under the impression Pyro bussed at least War and Peace hard] -- the bus driver is the scumteam's most important member, after all. Perhaps it wasn't by chance.

I am inclined to agree with the deceased mason off the bat here, but we'll see what happens
I wasn't aware whether scum were multitasking or not, 2 versus games ago they were, last one they weren't

I looked through the rules and it didn't seem to be stated whether or not they were, so your plan would've cleared KidAmn if they weren't (which I was hoping for). It then got clarified they were though and Alisae publicly told us.

Regarding the even-night thing: Whenever you as scum claim something, you have the option to add a odd/even3night modifier to it. I know I myself and others have tacked on one of those when fakeclaiming as scum, and in many of those instances, the modifier itself doesn't have anything to do with the setup or playing around 1 specific role, it just soemthing to nerf the role's power level/a decision to balance it and make it look realistic by scum

So, although it would be an interesting coincidence if Dunny was actually an odd night doc after KidAmn claimed even night Rolestopper, it's entirely possible scum!KidAmn just got lucky that they happened to claim even night and not odd night, and that it lined up with Dunny's claim

It'd be somewhat lucky and coincidental, but they happen. And I wasn't confident regardless of flip yesterday btw, you can probably tell from my play that I didn't REALLY believe in anyone flipping scum, but just thought KidAmn was our best bet

I've felt
confident
on scum at 2 points during this game; once on War and Peace which made me case them until Nancy would listen to me and get them out. And secondly on Sarah, after she claimed to have thought War and Peace may have been a mason, which I absolutely did not believe and expressed many times, but that one required less convincing since most people seemed sold

I am now as confident on Dunny being scum as I was in either of those two instances
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6846 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Pyro »

Kanna's post actually infuriates me and I'm not even sure why, maybe it's the confidence

To quickly address the points:
1) Mason hunting theory is ridiculous. You were absolutely mason or scum to me very early on, and if I were scum, I would've killed you very early on. I thought you were scum or mason from lack of motivation to post in-thread and I was leaning scum (partly because of a tinfoil reason I can't talk about). My scumgame is not one where I openwolf and hunt for masons openly. I play it safe and aim to look towny, and appearing to hunt for masons is very scummy on a surface level

5) Gonna go to this point next just to emphasize on how contradictory it is with 1). I've played "conventionally" and done nothing to stick my neck out, but I've also been openly mason hunting at the same time? And pushing and casing people is not conventional/safe, I've cased several people this game whenever I've been feeling it (including clidd, War and Peace, Sarah)

I've explained 2 and 4

Regarding 3) This is just a "you disagree with me on a read so you're scum"
clidd's early playstyle was evey reminiscent of his scumplay in Ultimate Conspiracy. Strong takes and opinions, but not much reasoning - that's why I cased him. Since then, his play has improved with more solving and yesterday, I wasn't sure who scum was because I didn't believe in anyone being scum. clidd was in the PoE but eh basically

Finally, regarding the Fey kill: I absolutely, absolutely do not kill Fey
first
out of the Morning/Starcrossed/Fey pool of conftown, and you can theorize all you want that it technically doesn't matter when it comes done to final 3, but I never ever make that kill first.

Having Fey alive in final 7 and final 5 when I'm scum and she's been screaming I'm town all game is so incredibly valuable, and no amount of WIFOM would make me make that kill going into final 7. From your perspective, it's a possibility scum!Pyro does it for WIFOM - but I'm just being honest with you, I never actually do. I don't value WIFOM very highly in practice, and usually opt to make the logical kills which benefit me most in gamestate

(still love you btw, Kanna <3)
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6847 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Pyro »

Anyway:

clidd is town because Sarah was seriously trying to push for him to be killed over her in final 9, ot would essentially be scum TMIing on her partner if clidd was scum regarding the whole Krazy push reasoning, and I believe Sarah is smarter than that

Additionally, I bothered to look back and Krazy was onboard and encouraging killing clidd *after* Nancy had in the launch pool and was voting him

Finally, his play yesterday really seemed to hinge on the game ending with KidAmn's death - I think he genuinely believed in it and it doesn't feel like he's playing with a plan in mind for endgame

Pink Ball;
Sarah stated that he was town for a "trust tell level replace out from Saudade" and I think scum!Sarah actually believes in that and it's TMIing him town.
His interactions with Nancy upon replacing in were very genuine and appeared in good faith, and his tone has been excellent

Morning Tweet;
Bats are evil, this could be the serial killer but this is a problem for final 3

Dunny;
The last wolf! I don't want to list the reasons because I don't want Dunny to try and refute them while they're in lazy bullet point form

I'll get to it, dw
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6848 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Pyro »

Okay, I feel better

See you all later
Pyro
Pyro
Goon
Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6849 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Pyro »

In post 6265, Fey wrote:I'm saying this more for Pyro's benefit, honestly! I don't want him to get scumread in the game I really, really think he's town.
In post 6265, Fey wrote:I'm saying this more for Pyro's benefit, honestly! I don't want him to get scumread in the game I really, really think he's town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”