Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think it's actually a good plan if we think the hydra is scummy, I'm not convinced of that yet though.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

nah my plan is win/win

either cabd is scum and we win

or cabd is town and he'll nail a scum with his one shot and we'll still win
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:44 pm

it's better than flutzing around and letting some LHF newb townie get shitpushed by the scumrat FBI
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Fmpov, since I don't scumread cabd, and everyone is sometimes wrong, the chances of this plan succeeding isn't that high.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 276, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:nah my plan is win/win

either cabd is scum and we win

or cabd is town and he'll nail a scum with his one shot and we'll still win
I watched cabd not nail scum d1 the only time i saw him play when i got replaced out in a game so excuse me if I'm not exactly sold on this "plan". It seems more pro - town to lim their choice first then consider limming them. Unless you're trying to set up a chain lim?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

And mind you that was a micro where it was easier to find scum.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 279, DkKoba wrote:I watched cabd not nail scum d1
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

this game is hard and like im having trouble finding town here
retired
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I already swore off the drugs, Pooky.

We've been over this.

You've got enough data now.

Your turn to deliver, Mr. Bear.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

idk if thats like signifying like a deepwolf team or what but im just uneasy?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 283, morph the cat wrote:I already swore off the drugs, Pooky.

We've been over this.

You've got enough data now.

Your turn to deliver, Mr. Bear.
i think we should pushing the full day since we only have 2 days if we mess up d1. the more info we get the better for us.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

where are u at morph?
retired
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 261, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so I've been thinking about this game and I've some thoughts:

1) Scum have 0 incentive to bus,

there is not going to be any scum helping us kill their buddies for towncred.

This is do or die - no tommorrow.

So we need 6/8 town votes to kill a bad guy dead dead.

75% agreement across the entire town.

With several of these big ego dudes here, might be impossible if town has even a small fracture.

In fact it's going to be materially easier to kill a scummy LHF townie than some shit-scumbag.

Scum have no reason to be shameless and vote someone out hard.

They only need to survive 2 elims to win the game.

They can be as greedy as they want.

Which is a problem.

Which brings me to:

2) Town Leadership.

Yup that's right we need a town leader we can all trust in to STRIKE TRUE and crush the baddies.

One shot, one kill.

That's why I want to hand the BURDEN OF PROFICIENCY to Cabd.

Cuz he's supposed to be like SUPER FUCKING GOOD at killing bad guys.

Let him ask whatever questions he wants.

Let him turn over any leaves he wants.

End of the day, Cabd will pick a person and that person will die.

Tommorrow...

Today we kill Cabd,

Why?

because it's the only way to make sure burden of proficiency actually gets followed.

AND WITH HIS DEATH

we will have guidance for tommorrow.

A beautiful dawn in which we will murderate whoever he picks.
There are so many problems with this, but probably the biggest one is that neither of us are going to get hopped up on pain meds for a mafia game.

there was this game a long time ago, right after site chat was installed where some of us played a chat mafia game, and Cabd and GiF decided to do exactly this. they ran me up to E-1, got my reads, and then elimmed me. and proceeded to elim through the bottom of my reads list. I was not a happy camper.

It worked. barely

but more importantly it was at most a 20 minute time investment for the player list. It was more a meme than a game.

this plan takes agency away from everyone but us. and it puts an incredible, un-fun burden on us to get it right in the HOPES that the rest of not-FBI listen to us after we're dead. And we won't even know if we want to be sheeped in the first place.

you KNOW that our reads usually aren't perfect. you've played enough with both of us to be fully aware of that.

If I'd had any idea that this game could devolve into such a crapshoot I wouldn't have joined. I won't replace out, but I will have a huge chip on my shoulder about cooperating if this player list is lazy enough to abdicate your agency to us.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 286, DkKoba wrote:where are u at morph?
?? hello
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 287, morph the cat wrote:
In post 261, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so I've been thinking about this game and I've some thoughts:

1) Scum have 0 incentive to bus,

there is not going to be any scum helping us kill their buddies for towncred.

This is do or die - no tommorrow.

So we need 6/8 town votes to kill a bad guy dead dead.

75% agreement across the entire town.

With several of these big ego dudes here, might be impossible if town has even a small fracture.

In fact it's going to be materially easier to kill a scummy LHF townie than some shit-scumbag.

Scum have no reason to be shameless and vote someone out hard.

They only need to survive 2 elims to win the game.

They can be as greedy as they want.

Which is a problem.

Which brings me to:

2) Town Leadership.

Yup that's right we need a town leader we can all trust in to STRIKE TRUE and crush the baddies.

One shot, one kill.

That's why I want to hand the BURDEN OF PROFICIENCY to Cabd.

Cuz he's supposed to be like SUPER FUCKING GOOD at killing bad guys.

Let him ask whatever questions he wants.

Let him turn over any leaves he wants.

End of the day, Cabd will pick a person and that person will die.

Tommorrow...

Today we kill Cabd,

Why?

because it's the only way to make sure burden of proficiency actually gets followed.

AND WITH HIS DEATH

we will have guidance for tommorrow.

A beautiful dawn in which we will murderate whoever he picks.
There are so many problems with this, but probably the biggest one is that neither of us are going to get hopped up on pain meds for a mafia game.

there was this game a long time ago, right after site chat was installed where some of us played a chat mafia game, and Cabd and GiF decided to do exactly this. they ran me up to E-1, got my reads, and then elimmed me. and proceeded to elim through the bottom of my reads list. I was not a happy camper.

It worked. barely

but more importantly it was at most a 20 minute time investment for the player list. It was more a meme than a game.

this plan takes agency away from everyone but us. and it puts an incredible, un-fun burden on us to get it right in the HOPES that the rest of not-FBI listen to us after we're dead. And we won't even know if we want to be sheeped in the first place.

you KNOW that our reads usually aren't perfect. you've played enough with both of us to be fully aware of that.

If I'd had any idea that this game could devolve into such a crapshoot I wouldn't have joined. I won't replace out, but I will have a huge chip on my shoulder about cooperating if this player list is lazy enough to abdicate your agency to us.
i dont like this bc its like eh but also like this is pretty solidly town
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

eh meaning ill explain postgame
retired
Toxic 1v1er
Toxic 1v1er
Goon
Toxic 1v1er
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Toxic 1v1er »

Long day and I made the classic error of joining like 10 games at once. Will catchup tommorow if I can

Why did I do this though

Someone please explain to me that too much mafia is a bad thing. I thought "mafia? mafia is fun. I should join more mafia games since that means more fun, right?" WRONG. VERY WRONG
Call me Toxi.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 291, Toxic 1v1er wrote:Long day and I made the classic error of joining like 10 games at once. Will catchup tommorow if I can

Why did I do this though

Someone please explain to me that too much mafia is a bad thing. I thought "mafia? mafia is fun. I should join more mafia games since that means more fun, right?" WRONG. VERY WRONG
how i felt getting 2 role PMs in 1 day in games i dont remember signing up for :lol:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 291, Toxic 1v1er wrote:Long day and I made the classic error of joining like 10 games at once. Will catchup tommorow if I can

Why did I do this though

what do you think of morph's latest post?
retired
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:08 pm

In post 279, DkKoba wrote:I watched cabd not nail scum d1 the only time i saw him play when i got replaced out in a game so excuse me if I'm not exactly sold on this "plan". It seems more pro - town to lim their choice first then consider limming them. Unless you're trying to set up a chain lim?
lol how am I trying to set up a chain elim when I don't know who cabd wants dead?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:10 pm

In post 289, DkKoba wrote:i dont like this bc its like eh but also like this is pretty solidly town
yea cuz im sure the scum response to such a challenge would be "yea sure let's fucking do this"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:38 pm

Think this through from a odds perspective:

the pure odds on a town win if we
randomly
eliminate is 49%

Now in practice it's probably worse cuz we need (6/8) or 75% of the town to consolidate on a scum elim to win.

What's the chance some FBI-scum is gonna mess up so bad that 75% of the town is gonna look at that and go "enh this is definitely some FBI-scum - let's kill this person"

Like cmon it's not realistically that likely to happen right?

I mean sure if it happens and its super clear that ______ is scum we can always kill them and screw the plan right?

But what's probably gonna happen?

scum probably gonna play conservatively - play not to lose, people won't be able to agree and we will end up elimming whichever LHF town happens to be flavor of the week when the timer runs down.

it is hard to elim scum.

Sometimes you can be 100% right but if you can't get town buy in it just doesn't matter.

And this game needs higher than usual town buy in to work cuz you ain't getting that scum bus vote.

it is so hard to elim scum when there is a hard and set rule that scum have 0 incentive to bus.

it is even harder when there's no consequence for hard-defending your buddies.

this game is simple but its extremely hard.

but what is easy is placing the BURDEN onto one player and making them take a shot.

throw the dice hard and let em fly.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:58 pm

btw cabd is 100% right when he says this plan is unfun and steals agency from everyone else playing the game

thats actually the entire point of the plan..

minimize scum influence on the game by concentrating power in the hands of one person who is guaranteed to be town by virtue of their impending death.

it's also exactly the complaint cabd-scum would bring up to shoot the plan down because he fears death :>
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You're putting too much pressure and burden of proficiency on Morph Cats right now

Especially if this plan goes through, there isn't an authentic way to get reads or to reliably pick out an fbi agent
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:06 pm

what's the right amount of pressure and BoP to put on Cabd?

I'm not sitting around and waiting for Cabd to manipulate the game state to the point where he's got enough townies bent around his fingers where it's impossible us to get a scumelim ala Tenet.

I ain't down for that slow agonizing death.

and considering how hard you got pocketed by him in Tenet I don't really think you have the expertise to tell me how much pressure is the right amount to apply to him.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”