Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:42 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

CF Riot wrote:SC who do you think is scum?
I'm still looking at Firestarter and killa seven.

MY HEART WILLLLLLLLL GO ONNNNNN

SpyreX - 2 (Firestarter, orangepenguin)
Firestarter - 1 (SpyreX)
Manito - 1 (LlamaFluff)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)

Not voting - armlx, Joubert, killa seven, FaerieLord, CF Riot, TheSweatpantsNinja, StrangerCoug

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

-Mod
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by armlx »

I think SpyreX wins here given the OMGUS.

Vote FS
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Firestarter »

armlx wrote:I think SpyreX wins here given the OMGUS.

Vote FS
Christ... here we go again....
('') (':') ('')
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

armlx wrote:I think SpyreX wins here given the OMGUS.

Vote FS
I lol'ed at this because I knew it was coming.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Manito »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Manito wrote:I say I don't get a strong enough scum read on KoC (not compared to my scum read on FL, not by a long shot), and you vote me for it? This is the second time you've voted for me based on pretty shaky reasoning, what's the deal?
The main point is what you said about KoC just struck me increadably scummy. You admit that he has been very scummy but you say you still had a "town" read on him. Apart from this odd stance on KoC, for the most part you avoided any real stances on most big wagons except for the FL one, which was only a temporary one.
I admitted that his behavior was scummy, but as I
also
said, I got the read on him as town because it felt a lot like forbiddan's lynch - everyone just hopping on board because they wanted the day to progress.
LlamaFluff wrote: By avoiding the main two wagons of the day (FS and KoC) you dont have to take responsability for any town flip on either of them. If there is a scum flip, when you say things like you did about KoC, you can cite that as suspicion of him, even though you thought that FL was a more likely scum flip.
As far as your statement that I "avoid" real stances on big wagons - I invite you to explain what would possibly convince me, based on the evidence you all provided (evidence I found lacking, in comparison) to switch my vote and "jump on the wagon" when I felt the evidence against FL was far more damning.

I'm tired of you bossing people around, pushing them to vote just because you think the evidence is strong enough - and then you vote for those who disagree with you, in a further attempt to be pushy. If I don't see the evidence provided in the same way you do, I shouldn't feel pressured to alter my vote. Tactics like the ones you're using to force people around comes across as really scummy. I thought you were just a pushy, fervent townsperson, but it's starting to feel a little more hostile...
LlamaFluff wrote: Your LoS was also scummy in nature to me since it was basically FL-K7-lurker. FL was expected to be a wagon forming so that is a commitnent. The K7 and Joubert pushes though never occured, and I dont think were ever intended to. During the day (at least to me) you should of been happy with a push on any of your LoS. If suddenly halfway during 2.0 people wanted a manito lynch, I would of welcomed it with open arms, I also would of gone for one if that KoC push didnt get him lynched.
How can an LoS be scummy? It matches who I have, and will continue to vote for, until I see far scummier behavior. Oddly enough, your recent bully tactics have put you on my radar, changing my LoS to FL, K7, LF (since Joubert is now a limbo replacement). Are you going to find my LoS scummy now that you're on it?
LlamaFluff wrote: I know IRL constraints can be a pain, and (thankfully?) I am a student. I will always try to post though at nights, even if it is just a thought about what has been happening. My bigger posts usually take a day or so to make because I cant find the time between a full load of harder classes and work. While I cant fault you too much for having a rough IRL patch, what I do have a harder time with is how your posting got fairly prolific around the time KoC was getting lynched, and it mostly spoke ill of the lynch.
My posting got more prolific in the last couple of days because: (1) All the thank you cards for all the gifts from my recent wedding are finally done and sent off (2) My new wife and I finally have some free time to do hobby activities for longer stretches (wedding was 3 weeks ago yesterday). I've actually had time, after working all day, to come home, sit down, and do more than quickly peruse new posts and possibly throw up a short post.

Since you seem to think I have all this time, let me give you a breakdown on an average day for me.

8:00 AM - Up for work, shower, breakfast, bike to work.
9:00 AM - 5 or 6 PM (salaried, so sometimes have to stay even later)
5 or 6 PM - Ride home from work, spend time with the wife who has missed me all day at work - get chewed out for ignoring her and doing stuff on the computer right after I get home :P. Cook dinner, or go out to grab a bite to eat, spend time with our friends socially. Maybe home with nothing to do around 9 or 10 PM. I play WoW (usually with the wife), or possibly watch the latest episode of one of my favorite shows on Hulu - usually done with all that around midnight or 1 AM.
12/1 AM - Head to bed to get enough sleep for the next day.

Everything above takes decided priority over lengthy MS posts. Sorry if you find that scummy - but I really don't care :) I participate here to have fun - not to live vicariously through it :)
LlamaFluff wrote: The fact that you also were comparing KoC to armlx in vote movements also doesnt make much sense. Most of the votes that KoC moved around were not on a deadline like your post would of had us belive. Armlx made a more deadline/action vote. The fact that you call KoC town from this and armlx odd but "not enough to vote" feels like planting seeds of doubt and trying to look good before a KoC lynch... and at this point I am rambling so stop.
Most of the votes that moved to KoC moved there because they wanted the day to move along - you need to go back and read again - at least two of the posts said something along the lines of "let's get this day moving along" along with their vote for KoC. I stated my reasoning for not voting for KoC - I feel that my vote for FL is where it belongs, based on the evidence I feel is most relevant. My decision not to change my vote had nothing to do with "looking good before a KoC lynch" - making a statement like that feels really scummy by the way - did you know something before the lynch that we all didn't? Here you are again, saying that I'm scummy because I wasn't bullied into changing my vote to KoC when I felt the evidence against him wasn't strong enough. What is up with that? Why do you feel like you can push other people's votes around?
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Manito »

Llama, here are two of the last 3 votes placed on KoC, which both reference moving the game along and/or the deadline.

Need I say more?
armlx wrote:
Vote KoC

Lets get this game moving somewhere.
StrangerCoug wrote:Pfft. I asked for an updated PbPA on killa seven from Knight of Cydonia. I don't remember seeing it. Deadline's looming, and I don't see a Firestarter lynch in this half of the day.

Unvote: Firestarter
Vote: Knight of Cydonia

THIS IS LYNCH MINUS ONE.
Manito
Manito
Goon
Manito
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Manito »

Oh, and now we're headed out to dinner with our roommate, because my wife is bugging the hell out of me for taking so long for the above post, because she's hungry :P

Catch you all later :)
Games (Won Scum/Won Town/Lost Either):
1-0-0
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Vote strangercoug.

The continued lack of attention on him continues to bother me, and plus, he jumped on an inexplicable quicklynch with nary a hint of reasoning.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I love a double-OMGUS right off the bat.

However, there is one thing in the whole mess I will give some credence too (before I discuss the others):
OP wrote:He is one of the few original non-replaced players and has since posted enough to "help out" but not enough to be considered active, like armlx or LF have been.
This is true. I have not given this game my full attention or even a fraction of it. Ever since the apathy lynch 1.5 I've lost some level of interest. However, maybe getting some votes on me, maybe it being a new day, who knows... I feel a spark of life in me again for this. Expect some analysis / megaposts in the near future.

Now, to the crux of things:
orangepenguin

Wait - so I'm FS's partner because I was voting for KOC before it became popular (unless 3 votes is "popular") and then decided to get all analytical and ask people some question and therefore caused everyone to jump on Koc, Ignore FS, and lynch him. I guess I made you hammer too. I was hardly a deflection, if anything. I think most people ignore my posts, since they offer little to no content most of the time. If people are being "deflected" that's scummyness on their part, not mine, for just tunnel-vision onto one person.
Always a good start when you add in information that is erroneous to the topic at hand. YOUR vote has nothing to do with anything.

At the point you made this post:
I have a question:

IF FS is scum, who is there partner? Same for KoC? Because if people are voting for somebody who could be a likely partner, they could probably switch to the wagon, and lynch the scum with the most votes. I personally don't think it's LIKELY that BOTH FS and KOC is scum though, not saying they aren't partners, but with 13 alive.
FS had more votes than KoC did. This post only serves as a way to try and add another level of "suspicion" before a lynch. In addition, the post right above it was the mod setting an unretractable deadline - which makes the timing suspect.

This is aside from the fact that, personally, I'm not sure what you were aiming for with that whole exchange - so it really looks like classic deflection.

But... without further ado:
Firestarter
Yes, the call for a claim is misguided considering theres only town & scum.
Misguided? No. Its was used as an obvious way to try to make what I did appear scummy to give credence to your OMGUS. Waiting for a claim, in this game, means jack - if anything it just gives the game as a whole a chance to putter out again and stagnate on another bad lynch.
But when KoC had the 2nd from lynch vote, it was mentioned in the post as..
(b)lynch minus one(/b) if Im not mistaken.

On my limited time on MS that usually signifies that the lynchee should speak out, and make a last plea for survival...
In a game with LF, I was one from lynch, and was left room for a plea...
I succesfully negotiated that hurdle, and caught scum, and was town.
Yep. I knew what I was doing. I said it was the hammer. No "oops, I didn't count guys" business.
I hammered willfully and purposefully

Now, you mention that I said I wasn't surprised. I wasn't. It was obvious that wagon came on too fast from too many directions with no new reasons for the lynch for me to think it was a sure-fire scumhit. However, was KoC scummy? Sure was. Would KoC being alive have helped? Only as a body, but more as a perfect distraction for the scum on later days - we still have some eggs we can break for this omlete and I have no problem nailing scummy players.

In fact, pulling that wagon away (which I thought of) ultimatley had more negatives than positives:

- There was a decent chance KoC was scum and I was wrong.
- Pulling the wagon wouldn't alleviate his scummy play and would have made him a distraction on later days (see how K7 / FL are lynch candidates each day)
- It would NOT have given the analysis on that wagon that I am
very
sure has scum on it.

So, yep, I did it. I saw no need for a "last plea" - really, those are for role-based games to make sure you dont powerlynch a scummy cop or the like. In the game with just vanilla , yea, those player will and should be hung.
Im not basing any meta on JUST you laying a hammer down...
In the other game, you were much more methodical in your approach to votes/lynches, in this game, you are the oppposite, regardless of the type of game it is.

As for meta, it wasn't something I was prepared to look at early on in my time on MS, but everyone seems to be using it...
I may have been a bit naive when I said I wasn't one for meta, but Ive played a game with you, and I can see benefits of it.

The first benefit has to do with you Spyrex, and your very noticeable difference in playstyle in this game to the other.
This is a perfect example of why meta is weak and retarded.

1.) If you think I'm going to play each game the same way, well, godspeed. Honestly, I may not be the best but I am sure smart enough to change my play enough so that meta isn't going to be used to discern ANYTHING about my alignment or role well.

2.) This game and the other have nothing in common at this point. The polygamist game was a 2-day max game which means mistakes had huge ramifications - I've got no problems breaking eggs as it were while there are eggs to break. Believe me that as we approach lylo I will become more cautious about hammers - at this point, honestly its about keeping the game moving, eliminating scummy players (and hopefully hitting scum), and getting information from even a wrong lynch.

3.) An argument based on meta is inherently a baseless argument - it could be used to amplify a case but your case currently is: hammer + meta. Thats not good mafia, its a cop out.
And now you've gone and hopped on the 2nd most popular wagon pre-lynch...
The wagon I was on before? The person who ever since the armlx debacle I've said has been high on my list of scummy players? Yep. Dont paint yourself as a martyr - I hammered KoC hoping for the best and expecting the worse; regardless, my vote was going right back where it was because you've done nothing to make me think you weren't scummy.
Not only that, but you've been very clever with your appearances into the thread, I would say you've done enough to go unnoticed however...
Again, this is in direct contradiction to the last game I played with you, you posted alot more frequently, and alot more constructively....
Yep, I hope it doesn't go unnoticed - I've said more than once I've lost my "spark" for this game because it has been going slowly and there's been more white-noise than actual discussion. The other (again, a different bird) was much easier because of the pressure of a 2-day game to keep people and discussion moving. Nice more meta though.
BTW, the hammer you speak of in that game, Polygamist mafia, that you dropped, you told all and sundry that you would be doing that if the hammer was there, about 24 hours prior to doing so...
What you did here, again, is completely different to what your stating...
It simply was NOT the same thing.
I'm not sure what your aiming at here, but I'll play your game.

You said:
But there was a game I played with you recently, Ill find it and post a link, where the last thing you'd have done was drop the hammer like that....
Its against a town meta I have from you... Big time.
In the game in question, I did drop the hammer. There was notice, but I still dropped the hammer. That was, again, one day away from lylo so some discussion was warranted but ultimately I dropped it and didn't feel bad then and dont now that it was a townie.

But, this is worth quoting again for all the meta lovers in the house:

It simply was NOT the same thing.
It isn't the same thing. It wasn't the same thing and really they dont have a real connection. The only reason(s) you got a reply about it at all is because 1.) I compulsively reply to cases against me and 2.) YOU were trying to put a connection (inverse relationship is a connection) between how I operate at hammer in a scenario where they have no bearing on each other.

So, my tl;dr version:

*.) I'll try to give this game more of my attention now that its moving a bit faster.
1.) OP and FS have a link due to the timing and the nature of the deflection the post after a deadline lynch was stated.
2.) My hammer, even though I wasn't surprised KoC was town, isn't scummy by nature of it being a quick hammer:
--- There's no reason to wait for a claim in a vanillaless game
--- I saw far more benefit in the lynch for the game then trying to stop it
3.) Meta still is a retarded way to build a case.
4.) OMGUS is fun to say and even more fun to watch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Firestarter wrote:@ CFR...Ive now a new target I wish to pursue however.. you can now sleep peaceful at night knowing this..... For now.
Don't threaten me buddy.

Armlx, can you list your 3 top suspects?

I was right. I don't feel like I trust anyone.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Votecount Analysis:

Current Players:

theopor_COD -> armlx
Joubert
Syrial -> killa seven
Lquiz -> FaerieLord
SpyreX
Gimbo -> LlamaFluff
Firestarter
CF Riot
ShadowGirl -> TheSweatpantsNinja
dcorbe -> BlckKnght -> orangepenguin
Manito
Bogre -> StrangerCoug

Day 1.0 - Forbiddanlight (town)
forbiddanlight - 9 (killa seven, armlx, SpyreX, Manito, Corinthian, Knight of Cydonia, Joubert, CF Riot, Gimbo)
LaptopGun - 1 (Bogre)
Gimbo - 1 (dcorbe)
Joubert - 1 (ShadowGirl)
CF Riot - 1 (forbiddanlight)

Not Voting - FaerieLord, LaptopGun, Firestarter
Day 1.5 - Corinthan (town)
- DEADLINE Lynch
Corinthian - 6 (LlamaFluff, Firestarter, TheSweatpantsNinja, StrangerCoug, orangepenguin, FaerieLord)
killa seven - 5 (Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX, Corinthian, Joubert, armlx)
Manito - 1 (killa seven)
Firestarter - 1 (CF Riot)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
armlx - 1 (LaptopGun)
Day 2.0 - Knight of Cydonia (town)
Knight of Cydonia - 7 (LlamaFluff, killa seven, orangepenguin, armlx, Firestarter, StrangerCoug, SpyreX)
Firestarter - 2 (CF Riot, Knight of Cydonia)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
StrangerCoug - 1 (TheSweatpantsNinja)
killa seven - 1 (Joubert)
Manito - 1 (FaerieLord)
So, from 3 lynches so far, lets look at some of the following:

Always on the lynch target:

LlamaFluff (Gimbo)

Never on the lynch target:

No one!

Hammerers:

LlamaFluff (as Gimbo)
FaerieLord (tie-breaker)
SpyreX (power-hammer MD)

Wagon-Starters (might need a re-read to make sure its not affected by unvotes):

Killa Seven
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff

Who the dead wanted dead that are still alive:

CF Riot (Forbiddan)
Killa Seven (Corinthian, Knight of Cydonia)
Firestarter (Knight of Cydonia)

Just data - I'll need a reread to figure out what all to make of it. I figured if I put it up all nice and simple maybe some others would ALSO look for patterns.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I was right. I don't feel like I trust anyone.
But, the times we've shared, the dreams, the hopes.

I thought we were stronger than this!!
Show

Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:41 am

Post by Firestarter »

SpyreX wrote:Now, you mention that I said I wasn't surprised. I wasn't. It was obvious that wagon came on too fast from too many directions with no new reasons for the lynch for me to think it was a sure-fire scumhit. However, was KoC scummy? Sure was. Would KoC being alive have helped? Only as a body, but more as a perfect distraction for the scum on later days - we still have some eggs we can break for this omlete and I have no problem nailing scummy players.
So, with days left before the deadline, you went ahead and hammered someone you would not have been surprised to flip town...

Why would you do that seeing as the first 3 hits were town, and now find ourselves meandering closer to a scum win???
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Firestarter wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Now, you mention that I said I wasn't surprised. I wasn't. It was obvious that wagon came on too fast from too many directions with no new reasons for the lynch for me to think it was a sure-fire scumhit. However, was KoC scummy? Sure was. Would KoC being alive have helped? Only as a body, but more as a perfect distraction for the scum on later days - we still have some eggs we can break for this omlete and I have no problem nailing scummy players.
So, with days left before the deadline, you went ahead and hammered someone you would not have been surprised to flip town...

Why would you do that seeing as the first 3 hits were town, and now find ourselves meandering closer to a scum win???
o.O

I didn't exactly like his power hammer. I did warn that it was lynch minus one, and I had my suspicions on Knight of Cydonia. Where, however, are SpyreX's suspicions of Knight of Cydonia?

Vote: SpyreX

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Vote strangercoug.

The continued lack of attention on him continues to bother me, and plus, he jumped on an inexplicable quicklynch with nary a hint of reasoning.
Voting me because I am not getting the attention you want on me does not make an awful lot of sense in and of itself. I didn't give an awful lot of reasoning, but it's there. Knight of Cydonia, when I was undecided between him and killa seven, said he'd do another PbPA of the latter. It never happened. I had other reasons to suspect Knight of Cydonia, but I was too lazy to go look for him.

SpyreX is getting a lot of attention because he didn't explain jack why he hammered. You commented on his abrupt hammer. Why are you trying to pass the blame on him to me, when I gave sufficient warning that I was the L-1 vote on him?

And your case on me other than that is what again?

FoS: TheSweatpantsNinja

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

SC wrote:I didn't exactly like his power hammer. I did warn that it was lynch minus one, and I had my suspicions on Knight of Cydonia. Where, however, are SpyreX's suspicions of Knight of Cydonia?
Various Posts By Me wrote:
After KoC's amazing scummove there I may be willing to shift FL back tomorrow for KoC - I dont think FS is going to be negotiable.
Other players I'd be more than happy to give the rope to:
1.) FL - for reasons stated over and over again (and notice the absence of real talking so far today).
2.) KoC - he's been diggin' a hole and I could really see the lynch.
3.) K7 - K7, enough said. I think the time will come soon enough when he's going to have to go.
I can dig not "setting" them up but unless someone decides to really up the scum-level I will not shed a tear on FS, FL, KoC, or K7 at this point. If there's not one scum in there (much less 2) i'd be really, really surprised.
Yep, never mentioned it at all. :roll:
Firestarter wrote:So, with days left before the deadline, you went ahead and hammered someone you would not have been surprised to flip town...

Really? Again?

You're better than this - you are doing this willfully to try and build a bad case on me.
Exactly what I said before wrote: In fact, pulling that wagon away (which I thought of) ultimatley had more negatives than positives:

- There was a decent chance KoC was scum and I was wrong.
- Pulling the wagon wouldn't alleviate his scummy play and would have made him a distraction on later days (see how K7 / FL are lynch candidates each day)
- It would NOT have given the analysis on that wagon that I am very sure has scum on it.
Also, this isn't the first time this game I've said I wouldn't be surprised. (I said it BEFORE the lynch about K7 and Corin's faillynch);) Because, get this, I wasn't then, I wasn't with KoC.

Now, if you got lynched and come up town I WOULD be surprised. Or, if armlx or CFR came up scum. Those would be honestly surprising developments to me. KoC being town? Not so much.

As for the latter - with 12 of us left, double days and 3 scum we have 4 more lynches before its lylo. So, dramatizing this whole business doesn't do anyone any good. Hell, get 6 votes on K7 today and I'll hammer him in a heartbeat - losing players that have that much suspicion on them at this juncture only hurts because its a body, NOT because it has a negative impact on the towns ability to find scum.

Although, my discussion with the cases against me aside:

- Manito: you've managed to get time to long post, but haven't commented on recent events at all. Yes, FL is scummy and I agree with that but there is other people to look at.
- StrangerCoug: Did you really just, in response to TSPN, FOSOMGUS and use the justification for that as "Well, someone ELSE did the scummy thing I did too?" In addition, did you say you were looking at Firestarter and K7 today (after my hammer) then move your vote to me for the selfsame reason (also using my not having suspicion of KoC (which I did) for part of it)?
- TSPN: I honestly forgot you were in this game. Post more. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SpyreX wrote:- StrangerCoug: Did you really just, in response to TSPN, FOSOMGUS and use the justification for that as "Well, someone ELSE did the scummy thing I did too?"
I'm attacking TheSweatpantsNinja's vote reason as being weak. Seriously, do you vote people just because you want the town's attention on them? Sorry, not working. Present a decent case first.

Granted, I probably could have done a better job of justifying my vote on Knight of Cydonia than I did, but once again, it's there.
SpyreX wrote:In addition, did you say you were looking at Firestarter and K7 today (after my hammer) then move your vote to me for the selfsame reason (also using my not having suspicion of KoC (which I did) for part of it)?
Did I ever say that anybody other than Firestarter and killa seven were definitely town?

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

Did I ever say that anybody other than Firestarter and killa seven were definitely town?
No, of course not. Its just the fact that nothing had changed (in regards to me and the hammer) between when you made the statement about FS and K7 and when you voted for me (the vote leader I think?) on what appears to be a shaky bandwagon vote (my not having suspicion of KoC). It seems opportunistic.
I'm attacking TheSweatpantsNinja's vote reason as being weak. Seriously, do you vote people just because you want the town's attention on them? Sorry, not working. Present a decent case first.

Granted, I probably could have done a better job of justifying my vote on Knight of Cydonia than I did, but once again, it's there.
I agree that TSPN's case is weak. However, part of your defense was what -I- did in regards to the hammer. That was what got me: you're voting me for what TSPN is voting you for and don't apparently see the parallel.
Show

Proud member of BaM
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:13 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SpyreX wrote:

I agree that TSPN's case is weak. However, part of your defense was what -I- did in regards to the hammer. That was what got me: you're voting me for what TSPN is voting you for and don't apparently see the parallel.
You gave zero reasoning for your hammer vote while I made an attempt at a reasoning for my L-1 vote. I even warned that I put Knight of Cydonia at L-1 so the town would speak up if they weren't ready for a hammer (even though it was deadline and not much if anything could be done to save KoC).

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

I had said I found KoC scummy.

I had said I wanted a lynch - in fact I used the word turbolynch. I felt it was past time for it.

Someone I found scummy came up for lynch. I hammered him.

So no, when I hammered I didn't give any extra special reasoning, but it was there most of that day.
Show

Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:26 am

Post by armlx »

Armlx, can you list your 3 top suspects?
FS, SC, FL. Same as yesterday.

I support SpyreX's hammer 100%.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Firestarter »

SpyreX wrote:Now, if you got lynched and come up town I WOULD be surprised. Or, if armlx or CFR came up scum. Those would be honestly surprising developments to me. KoC being town? Not so much.
In retrospect, your hammer is exactly what scum would do, progress and see through the double day, take town down, Nightkill, Voila!!

Im not buying this "turbolynch" if Im honest, the hallmarks of scum are written all over it, and even more so after 2 of your posts, post-lynch, said you weren't surprised that KoC was town..

The reasoning your offering why you would hammer someone you obviously thought of as more town than scum at the time you hammered doesn't stand up with me.

And armlx.. please try harder...
armlx wrote:
FS, SC, FL. Same as yesterday.

I support SpyreX's hammer 100%.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by armlx »

And armlx.. please try harder...
I don't get it. You assume because I haven't changed my mind, I haven't looked?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Please prod killa seven.

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

sc wrote: And your case on me other than that is what again?
What I wrote yesterday (er, yesterhalfday) is just as true today. Keep trying to OMGUS your way out of it.
I wrote: Anyway, strangercoug: His first vote, he wagons killa seven. His second vote, he wagons corinthian. (His) Post 22, he says he thinks both k7 and corinthian are scum, and starts pushing the town to lynch either one. He's not exactly picking hard targets to go after, and he's pushing for a lynch. Over the course of the day, he jumps between the two once more, before settling on corinthian (town) lynch.

Day 2 starts, and behind k7, firestarter, another player already under suspicion, is his candidate. Then he has a weird exchange with llamafluff, where he votes and then unvotes him. . . sc-llamafluff buddies? Could be. After that, he's again trying to "decide" between k7 and now Knights of Cydonia, another player who others have expressed suspicion. But now that k7's wagon has died, he switches his vote for firestarter, yet another leading wagon.

To sum up, he hasn't voted for a single player that didn't already have a developed wagon, weird vote-then-unvote thing with llamafluff excepted.
Except now you can add jumping on yet
another
wagon of another townsperson, that being KoC. Plus the misrepresentation of "I voted for you because I wanted to get attention on you." I voted for you because I think you're scum; I also want the town to pay attention to you because, for some reason, they aren't.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
sc wrote: And your case on me other than that is what again?
What I wrote yesterday (er, yesterhalfday) is just as true today.
Then remind us when you place the vote, damn it!
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Plus the misrepresentation of "I voted for you because I wanted to get attention on you."
You brought up my not getting the attention you wanted before you mentioned the vote on Knight of Cydonia, which made the former look like part of your case on me. Be careful doing that please.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”