endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:13 am

Post by endlessdark »

In post 163, Saudade wrote:Wheme and Luke are townleans for me lets go we might get a win here yet
I can't find rationale for townreading Wheme in any of your posts, did I miss it?
endlessdark
endlessdark
Goon
endlessdark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:15 am

Post by endlessdark »

Also, Wheme is still not playing rationally. Primarily after his vote on Lukewarm.
VOTE: WhemeStar
To be fair, I don't know WhemeStar's meta. I could be wrong and perhaps he's just playing chaotically.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 174, endlessdark wrote:How is it an issue that Lukewarm outed 3 scumreads? Of course Lukewarm is aware they're two mafs, clearly they have to narrow down the suspects from the playerpool and come to an elimination consensus with others. If you push a single scumread alone, as opposed to a pool of three, there's less chance others think it's that particular person too.
Fair point, but it's also that Luke wasn't seeming to show any specific preference among the three, which seemed unnatural.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Demainer »

I don't find it problematic that Lukewarm posted 3 scumreads instead of 2. If he's on the scum team, then of course he'll know there are two scum in the game, so why deliberately draw attention to himself by ignoring that? Unless he wanted to make a point that he did feel that 3 players were scum, which is NAI.

And no specific preference between 3 scumreads is still a lot better than no reads at all.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Demainer »

In post 174, endlessdark wrote:
In post 139, Demainer wrote:I don't understand why we need role claims so early in the game, it's only going to hurt town? Unless there are special mechanics in this setup I'm not aware of.

Not getting town vibes from that recent post.
What are you guys talking about? Lukewarm's post is sensible. The person we're eliminating obviously has to claim and it's useful information for the town. There's no getting around this and it's not a scummy thing to push the town into action a bit.
What would be the point of forcing claims right now?

Everyone is going to claim vanilla except for the two power roles. How does that help town at all?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 179, Demainer wrote:
In post 174, endlessdark wrote:
In post 139, Demainer wrote:I don't understand why we need role claims so early in the game, it's only going to hurt town? Unless there are special mechanics in this setup I'm not aware of.

Not getting town vibes from that recent post.
What are you guys talking about? Lukewarm's post is sensible. The person we're eliminating obviously has to claim and it's useful information for the town. There's no getting around this and it's not a scummy thing to push the town into action a bit.
What would be the point of forcing claims right now?

Everyone is going to claim vanilla except for the two power roles. How does that help town at all?

Town is more likely to win if we lynch someone day 1 compared to a no-lynch, even if its a mislynch. So I am speaking with the mindset that
someone
is getting lynched today. If that is happening, we should give that person a chance to claim, no?

I am unsure what you are trying to say. Do you think that nolynch is a reasonable choice? Do think that we should not give someone a chance to claim before we hammer? I am just confused how you imagine the day playing out, without 1 person claiming their role.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Demainer »

In post 180, Lukewarm wrote:Town is more likely to win if we lynch someone day 1 compared to a no-lynch, even if its a mislynch. So I am speaking with the mindset that
someone
is getting lynched today. If that is happening, we should give that person a chance to claim, no?

I am unsure what you are trying to say. Do you think that nolynch is a reasonable choice? Do think that we should not give someone a chance to claim before we hammer? I am just confused how you imagine the day playing out, without 1 person claiming their role.

That is not what you said. For reference (bolded and underlined for emphasis):
In post 137, Lukewarm wrote:Yes its page 5 (well 6 now), but we are also on the 6th irl day for our in game Day 1. Maybe I am just not accustomed to the pacing of games on this site, but it feels like we are approaching the point where we just have to pick someone. Like there is only so much info we can really gain in day 1 until we force someone to claim, no?

I am getting pretty antsy for us to l-1 someone just so we can gain new info. Force someone to claim their role, then decide if we want to actually hammer the person based on what they claim. I mean if we wait to much longer, then if we L-1 someone, and decide we shouldn't hammer them, we won't even have long to form a new wagon.

I am not necessarily saying that I think it needs to be you, I would be happy for us to L-1 anyone on my scumread list tbh, so for now, I am gonna be on the biggest wagon between Whemestar, Ivyeo and Clasko.

VOTE: Ivyeo because I have sat on the Whemestar wagon for a while, and the Ivyeo wagon is the same size, so might as well mix it up lol
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Demainer »

This sounds like you were advocating for pushing other players to E-1 and forcing them to claim, rather than simply giving a chance to the then E-1 target to claim.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Demainer »

Ivyeo and Ahri both give me bad vibes. They're posting very cautiously in the thread, Ahri hasn't said anything material at all, and Ivyeo seems to be creating an "I told you so" position to defend herself before WhemeStar's flip.

It does make me a bit less certain that Wheme is scum, because based on that, Ivyeo and Wheme can't be on the same team. But I'm sticking with my vote because I trust my gut feeling.

I feel that something is off about Clasko as well, but they've been active in the game posting reads and sharing their thoughts, so no strong thoughts on this one way or the other.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

VOTE: Ahri

Idk anymore
Im a dog that quacks
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by schadd_ »

prodding ahri
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 182, Demainer wrote:This sounds like you were advocating for pushing other players to E-1 and forcing them to claim, rather than simply giving a chance to the then E-1 target to claim.
Now you are just putting words in my mouth, I never said we should just push multiple people to L-1 to get claims.

Even in the quote you bolded and underlined, I outlined a course of action where we get exactly one person to L-1, they claim, and then we discuss whether or not to hammer. So most likely one person claims today, and at max 2 if we decide not to hammer the first person. I feel that I have been pretty clear on that tbh.
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Saudade »

In post 176, endlessdark wrote:Also, Wheme is still not playing rationally. Primarily after his vote on Lukewarm.
VOTE: WhemeStar
To be fair, I don't know WhemeStar's meta. I could be wrong and perhaps he's just playing chaotically.
Playing irrationally ia not a scum indicative trait
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Saudade »

In post 48, Saudade wrote:I think star is town for not feeling the need to explain his unvote until i asked
@dark
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Saudade »

Dem didnt react to my vote at all ):
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Saudade »

Does no one else share my feelings of icky against Dem??
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 190, Saudade wrote:Does no one else share my feelings of icky against Dem??
i said i did
Im a dog that quacks
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Saudade »

Where is your vote though
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 190, Saudade wrote:Does no one else share my feelings of icky against Dem??

I've been back and forth on him to be honest. Something about his posts have been pinging me as
off
, but I have been back and forth between it being scuminess or him being new.

Right now, I think that I am most leaning towards it being Clasko, and that earlier in the conversation when he was trying to clear Whemestar and Deaminer (because he did not think they were W v W) he was trying to steer the conversation away from his partner. I am not sure which one that is, but I had been leaning more towards Whemestar.
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:49 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 90, Lukewarm wrote:And I don't understand the logic. Why would deducing that they are not BOTH scum automatically mean that neither one is?
In post 193, Lukewarm wrote:Right now, I think that I am most leaning towards it being Clasko, and that earlier in the conversation when he was trying to clear Whemestar and Deaminer (because he did not think they were W v W) he was trying to steer the conversation away from his partner. I am not sure which one that is, but I had been leaning more towards Whemestar.
I acknowledge your opinions, but I have just a couple of things to say:

In my W v. W argument, there is a scenario that both are town (T v. T). Me town-leaning both Demainer and WhemeStar isn't outside the realms of possibility - I liked what Demainer was saying, and I also liked WhemeStar's responses.
In post 193, Lukewarm wrote:he was trying to steer the conversation away from his partner.
The simple truth is that Egix96 asked me what I thought, and I responded to him. They weren't the most evident-rich leans, and even though I had very little information on hand, I didn't have any problems in expressing what I felt of the game so far in regards to the three I mentioned.
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 167, Egix96 wrote:I'm finding it hard to see how what you've written about me resolves to a scum lean overall, especially since you seemingly liked my enough to warrant unvoting me.
To clarify, my vote on you that day was still RVS in an attempt to get you to respond and share your thoughts in that moment in time. When I heard from you, I was happy, and unvoted, and did the same for Ivyeo earlier in Day 1.

It's more a gut feel than anything. I looked at your ISO, and I don't see much wrong. I think your 73 was solid and you ask sensible questions. I then ask if Mafia would do the same, and I can't say no. *shrug* I'm not aware of your playstyle or your previous experience so you probably shouldn't pay too much attention to this, but this is currently how I feel.

I did mean it, though, when I said your posts are pro-town: I found 169 and 170 very informative and helpful.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Ivyeo »

Was the site down last night or my internet being a bitch?
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 192, Saudade wrote:Where is your vote though
VOTE: demainer
Im a dog that quacks
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 196, Ivyeo wrote:Was the site down last night or my internet being a bitch?
Neither. I think it's just a case of activity generally being less on weekends.
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 198, Egix96 wrote:
In post 196, Ivyeo wrote:Was the site down last night or my internet being a bitch?
Neither. I think it's just a case of activity generally being less on weekends.
The website was returning a "Problem returning page" all of yesterday and some of today...

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”