Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 am

Post by notscience »

Alright I’m done my food

I also would hope we really don’t think I would straight troll as scum but like... I get it

If y’all don’t Kill me I’ll see y’all tonight, I’m pretty sure if you purge my pool we win

Ninja-
Fried avocado, cheese, rice, chipotle ranch, pico de Gallo, lettuce and sour cream

First time trying the fried avocado in it and it was really good
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:44 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

who's scum notty?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:50 am

Post by notscience »

As I said I’d go bm>Titus>math

In likelihood of flipping red. That’s a mix of vca/weird vibes I’ve gotten from the slots
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 4661, Prism wrote:At the end of the day there's a sliding scale for all 5 main candidates, where each of us represents a hypothetical godawful scumplan.

At the bottom is Titus. Titus didn't actually do anything stupid, but her team was a bunch of morons for trying to bus her Day 1.

I would have made a really bad unvote on Titus that cost the scumteam, and let Cakez get flipped when I was the one person in a position to force through something else.

MathBlade stupidly bussed Day 3 but at least he didn't do anything turbodumb Day 1.

BM AFK bussed all game, claimed miller as soon to be last scum, and somehow expected to win.

notscience replaced in and goes "NOW ALL Y'ALL WATCH THIS" and straight up javelin throws the game
HA!

Yeah if I'm scum here, it's borderline playing against wincon :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Pooky is doing some good stuff by the looks of it. could do with everyone picking between the only 2 wagons with a potential majority.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i feel like if notscience is town, scum are quite happy to push there today and save me (a guaranteed mis-elim at some stage) for a later day. so the fact the biggest unknowns are pushing me instead, lends itself to notscience-scum.

seriously, taking a step back - with my claim being what it is, why would BM-scum even care about surviving 1 more day? wouldn't change anything if i was scum, but as town, I'd like to narrow the pool and try and contribute.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Prism »

I don't want to call it a guaranteed win, because it's not, but it just mystifies me why we can't get 6 votes on anyone and have done nothing for like 10 days in a game that is won 80% of the time by mechanics
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:35 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

why did you claim vt if you're a miller
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Prism »

It's still early in the afternoon so I'm not ~panicking~ but considering the deadline is morning tomorrow I would really like it if we could get a flip before midnight. I can go for literally anyone not Dunn/Pooky/Tammy/Spiffeh.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

Will hammer whoever.

Not sure what I can provide
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:14 am

Post by notscience »

@BM- why does that not work in the inverse? I don’t ever make it to cylo this game. I don’t think scum need to kill me today.

The unknowns aren’t exclusively pushing you either. Math voted me then Titus. Titus voted you, yes, after saying she would vote me yesterday. I’m assuming she thinks she stands a better chance against me tomorrow instead of you (assuming in this instance you are town she is scum)

Prism doesn’t really give a shit who dies so I don’t count prism here

So like... I don’t really get what the point you’re trying to make here is. Like yeah, a Miller claim dooms you as scum in a longevity sense. But as prisms already stated scum is likely just fucking trolling anyways so it becomes which is the most plausible.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4683, Prism wrote:It's still early in the afternoon so I'm not ~panicking~ but considering the deadline is morning tomorrow I would really like it if we could get a flip before midnight. I can go for literally anyone not Dunn/Pooky/Tammy/Spiffeh.
I'll vote anyone of these as well. I won't be around tmo morning.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Afternoon Vote Count 4.08

Afternoon 4 will end in (expired on 2021-04-04 13:57:47)

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to Bronze
borkjerfkin (1): Tammy
Battle Mage (2): Titus, Dunnstral
notscience (4): Battle Mage, PookyTheMagicalBear, Spiffeh, Prism
Titus (1): MathBlade

Not voting (2): borkjerfkin, notscience

Mod notes:
25/50 pages used
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Prodding Dunnstral
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Prism »

as much as i love tammy she needs to fuckin' vote someone else
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4651, Tammy wrote:VOTE:
That’s odd her Unvote didn’t take
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: notscience
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: not science

Day needs to end.

Still think it’s Prism or Titus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Final Afternoon 4 Vote Count

Afternoon 4 will end in (expired on 2021-04-04 13:57:47)

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to Bronze
borkjerfkin (1): Tammy
Battle Mage (1): Dunnstral
notscience (6--BRONZED): Battle Mage, PookyTheMagicalBear, Spiffeh, Prism, Titus, MathBlade

Not voting (2): borkjerfkin, notscience

Mod notes:
25/50 pages used

Flip incoming
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Red sky at night, Agents' delight? There isn't much delight here as the dimished group goes back and forth on who the next piece of statuary should be. Trailer circles, whining, but cannot interfere. The decision seems to come down to two distinguished older men. And then it's settled.

Daniel Dickinson is incensed. "Why am I even here? I never wanted anything to do with the Warehouses!" "You know there are multiple Warehouses?"

His look of fury changes into sly malice. "I've forgotten more about the Warehouses than you'll ever know. You think you can stop me? Better Agents than you have tried." He cackles at the threshold of the Bronzing machine. "Like this will stop me? Not for long!"

His rantings are cut off as the door closes. With the push of a button, he is rendered in Bronze, all but a single glint of silver tucked in his hand.

notscience, Paracelsus, aligned with Mafia,
Mafia Jack-Of-All-Trades
, in possession of
H.P. Lovecraft's Silver Key
, has been Bronzed!

In the shadows of dusk, the group seems to take a collective deep breath. "One more to go. Almost there."

They start to drift away from the Bronzing machine. But then, a quick scuffle of feet in the dust, and a cry of indignation. "You can't do this to me! I'm the senior Agent here! This wasn't the plan..." Myka Bering grapples with a shadowy figure, but is quickly overwhelmed by...Pete Lattimer? He shoves her into the Bronzing machine and slams the door. Before anyone can react, he pushes the button to Bronze someone who definitely isn't Myka.

As the door swings open to reveal a Bronzed man in a wheelchair, Pete just shrugs at the shocked crowd. "What? Don't tell me you never wanted to do that."

borkjerfkin, Walter Sykes, aligned with Mafia,
Mafia Multi-Artifact User
, in possession of no Artifacts, has been Bronzed due to poison from Spiffeh!

(to be clear, there was nothing in the game to keep borkjerfkin from dying at the end of Night 4, so I'm calling the game here rather than playing out Night 4; also, the Negative Effect of the Artifact Spiffeh used was to reveal him as the killer if his target was Bronzed by the poison, but his flavor wouldn't have been revealed if not for endgame taking place)

Eleven Bronze statues. Eight breathing Agents. And one dog. They wait, not sure what comes next. The invitation never specified.

And then the sky stops turning dark. It lightens, as though time itself is moving in reverse. The dusty plain fades into a sterile room with machines, medical equipment, and chairs scattered throughout. Ten Agents blink to find themselves restored to the present. Warehouse 15. Delhi, India.

"Welcome back. That's a wrap on this year's Deception Exercise." A short woman with a harried air and data pad looks up from her station. "If you hurry, those bottomless maws down in the conference room might not have finished all the refreshments yet. Unless you're feeling any ill effects from your VR time, feel free to head over there. You'll want something in your stomachs before you face the Regents' review panel." Techs around the room start powering down their stations and, moving in small groups, the newly awakened Agents leave the VR lab.

Until the next training exercise...or invitation.

The Town wins!

Game information to follow, after which the thread will unlock for post-game.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

And that's a wrap! Sooner than expected, but somehow that's rather fitting given the show's ultimate fate.

Thanks to everyone for playing, especially those who were kind enough to replace in. Thank you also to the reviewers, cephrir and Syryana. Thanks to Cabd for back-up modding. And thanks to T-Bone for his quick response to issues that cropped up.

This was definitely interesting to watch as the mod with knowledge of the whole set-up. I wouldn't have thought to make the choices some players did (oh hi Prism giving away your starting Artifact Night 0) but they made the game interesting, and part of my point in designing this game was to see what people would do with the tools provided.

Having the groups working together was a primary goal here. That was a significant motivation in having a Night 0 for the Mafia to make decisions; it was intended to give them a chance to mesh before they were put on the defensive. Much like town/the playerbase had a chance to work together in handing out a one-shot power before eliminating anyone Day 1. The page count limit was intended to make replacements easier and keep the game from becoming unreadable. I did look at other Large Themes, both recent ones and ones from a few years past, to get a sense of how many posts were needed for a typical group Day 1 and then gave that plenty of padding. YMMV, but I believe that also ended up working out in town's favor.

The one-shot power roles pretty much worked as intended. I tried to keep in mind utility and balance depending on which faction received any given Artifact, but it was swingy. Negative effects were intended to be mostly minimal enough to not discourage the use of Artifacts entirely, and some could be used as advantages as well.

I'm sure folks have thoughts here, but I personally think Day 3 was where the game swung. If SirCakez had survived to detect/steal the poison from Spiffeh, that would have put another kill in Mafia hands and kept it from being used against them. His death cracked open the weirdness of Day 1 as well. A game where a townie was Bronzed then might have gone very differently.

Thanks again to everyone who made this game happen--it was in the works since 2014, so I'm glad I was able to run it. Posts with game info to follow, then I'll unlock the thread.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Mafia Role PMs:
Spoiler: Walter Sykes (borkjerfkin)
"I hope you don't mind. I let myself in."

You are Walter Sykes, a
Mafia Multi-Artifact User
, aligned with the
Mafia

The other players aligned with the Mafia are GreyICE (Paracelsus), SirCakez (James McPherson), and mastina (Sally Stukowski) and you may communicate at any time while alive in this PT.

You know that Myka Bering, Steve Jinks, Benedict Valda, Adwin Kosan, and Daniel Dickerson are not in the game.

Multi-Artifact User:

Cache:
You may use any number of Artifacts in a phase. Artifacts will be used in the order you specify; it is your responsibility to communicate this in a way that is clear to the mod.

Every Night phase, the mod will post the flavor names of two Artifacts in your PT at the start of the phase. Your team will have the duration of the Night phase to decide which Artifact you choose to distribute to a player in the game (whether in your faction or not) and which will be made available to the main game thread during the next Day phase. This may be decided in your PT by majority consensus, but lacking that the final authority for the decision will pass from James McPherson --> Sally Stukowski --> Walter Sykes --> Paracelsus depending on who is alive in the game.

During Night 0, you may not be selected by your faction to become the Mafia Detector/Thief, nor may Paracelsus. You will participate in that decision by vote in this PT. The role specifications are as follows:

Artifact Detector and one-shot Artifact Thief:
Artifact Detector:
During the Day phase, target a player to receive a list of the Artifacts in their possession at the end of the Day (flavor names only).
Artifact Thief:
During the Night phase, once during the game, you may attempt to steal a specified Artifact from the player's inventory who you targeted the previous Day phase (useable in subsequent phases depending on its abilities). Once this attempt has been made, the Artifact detection power will not work for the remainder of the game. If the specified Artifact is not in your target's inventory, you will receive a random Artifact from their inventory if they possess any other Artifacts.

During Night 0, your faction must decide which of you will start the game with the following Artifact:

Farnsworth (Limited Reciprocal Messenger)

Power: During the Night phase, choose a target. If successful, from that night on you may exchange messages with that player in a limited fashion as long as you both remain alive; your player names will be mutually revealed. Messages are limited to 100 words (don't abuse the definition of 'word' or the action will be forfeit for the given night). On the initial Night of usage include the first message to be sent. Subsequent Nights will alternate sender and receiver (if activated Night 1, for example, the user sends a message to be delivered at the end of Night 1, the target may send back a message Night 2, the user sends another message Night 3 and so on). If a message is not sent on a given night that action is forfeit and the pattern continues.
Negative Effect: At any point the target may choose to stop the message exchange and have the full contents of the exchange published in the game thread with only the sender and receiver names redacted.

Both of these choices are made by plurality vote with the result going into effect at the end of Night 0.

Once during each Night phase from Night 1 on, the Mafia have a factional kill. You and your teammates may choose to shoot another player in the game, specifiying who among your number is doing the shooting by posting that information in bold in your factional PT. The most recent bolded action in your PT will be considered to be the team's choice at the end of the Night phase.

Your remaining power lies in your brain, your vote, and the use of any Artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Artifact Usage: If you receive an Artifact during the game, you will be told its flavor name, its Power, and its Negative Effect. You may use one Artifact per game phase as outlined in its Power description. During the Night phase, in lieu of using an Artifact in your possession, you may transfer an Artifact you hold to another player. If this action is blocked or otherwise prevented, the Artifact will remain in your possession. You will be sent an inventory listing of your Artifacts at the start of each Day phase and will receive an updated inventory if the contents change at any other point.

Mafia win condition: You win when living Mafia players comprise the majority of living players at the start of a game phase or nothing can prevent that result.

Please confirm by PM that you understand your role PM and the rules and information provided in the opening game thread posts. Include the confirmation phrase as well.

Spoiler: Paracelsus (notscience)
"I am Paracelsus, and I shall live forever."

You are Paracelsus, a
Mafia Jack-Of-All-Trades
, aligned with the
Mafia

The other players aligned with the Mafia are borkjerfkin (Walter Sykes), SirCakez (James McPherson), and mastina (Sally Stukowski) and you may communicate at any time while alive in this PT.

You know that Myka Bering, Steve Jinks, Benedict Valda, Adwin Kosan, and Daniel Dickerson are not in the game.

Jack-Of-All-Trades
:
One-shot alternate universe creator:
During the Night phase, select a target. The target may choose to ignore one Artifact's Negative Effect upon use during one of the next two game phases. This may be self-targeted. If the target is able to use multiple Artifacts in a single phase, they will be able to choose which used Artifact's Negative Effect to ignore.
One-shot time travel infliction:
During the Night phase, select a target. During the next Day phase, that player may only post votes in the game thread. They may not used Day-activated Artifacts. They will be given a PT to record their commentary in during that Day phase, and it will be made public and locked at the end of that Day phase. They will still be able to be chosen to receive the public Artifact during the Morning phase or be Bronzed during the Afternoon phase like any other player. That information will be made public in the game thread at the start of the Day phase. All actions they took the Night phase they were targeted will be resolved during the next Night phase's action resolution even if they have been Bronzed in the interim.
One-shot alchemist:
Activate during the Night phase. For that Night phase, no protective or roleblocking roles work for any living players. This will not be made public.

Every Night phase, the mod will post the flavor names of two Artifacts in your PT at the start of the phase. Your team will have the duration of the Night phase to decide which Artifact you choose to distribute to a player in the game (whether in your faction or not) and which will be made available to the main game thread during the next Day phase. This may be decided in your PT by majority consensus, but lacking that the final authority for the decision will pass from James McPherson --> Sally Stukowski --> Walter Sykes --> Paracelsus depending on who is alive in the game.

During Night 0, you may not be selected by your faction to become the Mafia Detector/Thief, nor may Walter Sykes. You will participate in that decision by vote in this PT. The role specifications are as follows:

Artifact Detector:
During the Day phase, target a player to receive a list of the Artifacts in their possession at the end of the Day (flavor names only).
Artifact Thief:
During the Night phase, once during the game, you may attempt to steal a specified Artifact from the player's inventory who you targeted the previous Day phase (useable in subsequent phases depending on its abilities). Once this attempt has been made, the Artifact detection power will not work for the remainder of the game. If the specified Artifact is not in your target's inventory, you will receive a random Artifact from their inventory if they possess any other Artifacts.

During Night 0, your faction must decide which of you will start the game with the following Artifact:

Power: During the Night phase, choose a target. If successful, from that night on you may exchange messages with that player in a limited fashion as long as you both remain alive; your player names will be mutually revealed. Messages are limited to 100 words (don't abuse the definition of 'word' or the action will be forfeit for the given night). On the initial Night of usage include the first message to be sent. Subsequent Nights will alternate sender and receiver (if activated Night 0, for example, the user sends a message to be delivered at the end of Night 0, the target may send back a message Night 1, the user sends another message Night 2 and so on). If a message is not sent on a given night that action is forfeit and the pattern continues.
Negative Effect: At any point the target may choose to stop the message exchange and have the full contents of the exchange published in the game thread with only the sender and receiver names redacted.

Both of these choices are made either by plurality vote with the result going into effect at the end of Night 0 or by majority vote with the result going into effect immediately.

Once during each Night phase from Night 1 on, the Mafia have a factional kill. You and your teammates may choose to shoot another player in the game, specifiying who among your number is doing the shooting by posting that information in bold in your factional PT. The most recent bolded action in your PT will be considered to be the team's choice at the end of the Night phase.

Your remaining power lies in your brain, your vote, and the use of any artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Artifact Usage: If you receive an Artifact during the game, you will be told its flavor name, its Power, and its Negative Effect. You may use one Artifact per game phase as outlined in its Power description. During the Night phase, in lieu of using an Artifact in your possession, you may transfer an Artifact you hold to another player. If this action is blocked or otherwise prevented, the Artifact will remain in your possession. You will be sent an inventory listing of your Artifacts at the start of each Day phase and will receive an updated inventory if the contents change at any other point.

Mafia win condition: You win when living Mafia players comprise the majority of living players at the start of a game phase.

Please confirm by PM that you understand your role PM and the rules and information provided in the opening game thread posts. Include the confirmation phrase as well.

Spoiler: James McPherson (SirCakez)
"Once I was out from under Mrs. Frederic's iron hand and your neurosis, I could see the world more clearly."

You are James McPherson, a
Mafia Goon
, aligned with the
Mafia

The other players aligned with the Mafia are borkjerfkin (Walter Sykes), GreyICE (Paracelsus), and mastina (Sally Stukowski) and you may communicate at any time while alive in this PT.

During Night 0, you may be selected by your faction to become the Mafia Detector/Thief. You will participate in that decision by vote in this PT. The role specifications are as follows:

Artifact Detector:
Artifact Thief:

Power: During the Night phase, choose a target. If successful, from that night on you may exchange messages with that player in a limited fashion as long as you both remain alive; your player names will be mutually revealed. Messages are limited to 100 words (don't abuse the definition of 'word' or the action will be forfeit for the given night). On the initial Night of usage include the first message to be sent. Subsequent Nights will alternate sender and receiver (if activated Night 0, for example, the user sends a message to be delivered at the end of Night 0, the target may send back a message Night 1, the user sends another message Night 2 and so on). If a message is not sent on a given night that action is forfeit and the pattern continues.

Both of these choices are made either by plurality vote with the result going into effect at the end of Night 0 or by majority vote with the result going into effect immediately.

Your remaining power lies in your brain, your vote, and the use of any artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Mafia win condition: You win when living Mafia players comprise the majority of living players at the start of a game phase.

Spoiler: Sally Stukowski (mastina)
"I've got a real humdinger here, and since your organization specialized in "weird" I thought I'd take a chance."

You are Sally Stukowski, a
Mafia Goon
, aligned with the
Mafia

The other players aligned with the Mafia are borkjerfkin (Walter Sykes), GreyICE (Paracelsus), and SirCakez (James McPherson) and you may communicate at any time while alive in this PT.

During Night 0, you may be selected by your faction to become the Mafia Detector/Thief. You will participate in that decision by vote in this PT. The role specifications are as follows:

Artifact Detector:
Artifact Thief:

Power: During the Night phase, choose a target. If successful, from that night on you may exchange messages with that player in a limited fashion as long as you both remain alive; your player names will be mutually revealed. Messages are limited to 100 words (don't abuse the definition of 'word' or the action will be forfeit for the given night). On the initial Night of usage include the first message to be sent. Subsequent Nights will alternate sender and receiver (if activated Night 1, for example, the user sends a message to be delivered at the end of Night 1, the target may send back a message Night 2, the user sends another message Night 3 and so on). If a message is not sent on a given night that action is forfeit and the pattern continues.

Both of these choices are made by plurality vote with the result going into effect at the end of Night 0.

Your remaining power lies in your brain, your vote, and the use of any Artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Mafia win condition: You win when living Mafia players comprise the majority of living players at the start of a game phase or nothing can prevent that result.

Town Role PMs:
Spoiler: Mrs. Frederic (Tammy)
"I am a woman of infinite surprises."

You are Mrs. Frederic, a
Town Six-Shot Artifact Usage Detector
aligned with the
Town

Six-Shot Artifact Usage Detector:
She Sees All:
This ability has six shots. Once per Day or Night phase from Day One onward, you may use a shot to target a player and learn how many Artifacts they have used in the previous [X] game phases. You have a shot to detect the previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 game phases, including the phase in which it is used. You must specify which shot you are using when submitting this action. If used during a Day Phase, the information will be provided at the end of the Afternoon phase. Night 0 counts as a game phase.

You have no other powers beyond your brain and your vote, plus the use of any artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Town win condition: You win when all players who are aligned with the Mafia are Bronzed (or Canceled).

Spoiler: Mrs. Frederic's bodyguard (DrippingGoofball)
"No, ma'am."

You are Mrs. Frederic's bodyguard, a
Town One-Shot Bulletproof Bodyguard
aligned with the
Town

Bodyguard:
Phoenix:
During the Night phase, you may select another player. If that player is targeted with a killing action that would result in them subsequently being Bronzed, you will be Bronzed in their place.
Tough:
The first time you are directly targeted during the Night phase with a Bronzing action of any type it will fail.

You have no other powers beyond your brain and your vote, plus the use of any artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Town win condition: You win when all players who are aligned with the Mafia are Bronzed (or Canceled).

Spoiler: Leena (Bell)
"I know you're not as sure of this as you're pretending."

You are Leena, a
Town Mason
aligned with the
Town

Mason:
You may post in this PT at any time during the game. You know that [player B] (Abigail Chow) is aligned with the Town.
Stockpile:
You and [player B] have access to the following ten Artifacts:

Spartan Armor
Wings of Daedalus
Grigori Rasputin's Prayer Rope
Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Fishing Net
Memory Paper from Johannes Gutenberg's Press
Cinderella's Glass Knife
Miguel de Cervantes' Windmill
P.T. Barnum's Top
Statues of Zeus and Hera

During each Morning, if you and [player B] agree on a target, you may gift an Artifact of your choosing (also to be mutually agreed upon) to that player. You may only receive an Artifact by this mechanic once during the game. You may proxy the decisions to your partner if you expect to be unavailable by posting so here or PMing the mod. If only one of you is living, that player will have sole control of the target choice. If neither of you is living, this mechanic will no longer be in play.

Spoiler: Abigail Chow (Lady Lambdadelta)
"Real, gut-wrenching grief, is not something you can power through or ignore. There's no detours, no shortcuts."

You are Abigail Chow, a
Town Mason
aligned with the
Town

Mason:
You may post in this PT at any time during the game. You know that [player B] (Leena) is aligned with the Town.
Stockpile:
You and [player B] have access to the following ten Artifacts:

Spartan Armor
Wings of Daedalus
Grigori Rasputin's Prayer Rope
Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Fishing Net
Memory Paper from Johannes Gutenberg's Press
Cinderella's Glass Knife
Miguel de Cervantes' Windmill
P.T. Barnum's Top
Statues of Zeus and Hera

During each Morning phase, if you and [player B] agree on a target, you may gift an Artifact of your choosing (also to be mutually agreed upon) to that player. You may only receive an Artifact by this mechanic once during the game. You may proxy the decisions to your partner if you expect to be unavailable by posting so here or PMing the mod. If only one of you is living, that player will have sole control of the target choice. If neither of you is living, this mechanic will no longer be in play.

Spoiler: Artie Nielsen (Battle Mage)
"This is not snag, bag, and nag! When I say go, you go!

You are Artie Nielsen, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

You begin the game in possession of the following Artifact:

Tesla (One-Shot Vig)

Power: During the Night phase, select a living player to shoot. You may not use this Artifact Night 0.
Negative Effect: If the target is Bronzed and revealed to be Town-aligned, the user will become a Miller with a Gun and return a guilty result to standard cop investigations and 'has a gun' to standard gunsmith investigations.

Spoiler: H. G. Wells (Prism)
"Yeah, I foolishly believed that if I could find a way to travel through time, then things would have improved, a utopia would have emerged, but here we are over a century later and things have actually gotten worse! "

You are H. G. Wells, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

You begin the game in possession of the following Artifact:

Minoan Trident (One Day phase PT blocker)

Power: During the Night phase, choose a target. If that player has access to any PTs, they will not be able to post in them for the next Day phase (although they may still read posts others make therein and PM the mod to indicate ability usage as necessary; an announcement to this effect will be made in any/all of their PTs). This ability is Double Novice (may not be used until Night 3).
Negative Effect: In the Night phase following this Artifact's usage, you may not post in any game PTs you normally have access to. If you need to indicate an action you may PM the mod. As above, an announcement to this effect will be made in any/all of your PTs.

Spoiler: Pete Lattimer (Spiffeh)
"Avast, me hearties. Let's go snag us some arrrrtifacts!"

You are Pete Lattimer, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

You have no powers beyond your brain and your vote, plus the use of any artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Spoiler: Claudia Donovan (PookyTheMagicalBear)
"You're wasting your time, Voldemort. I'm as much a part of this Warehouse as you are, and it won't let you kill me."
You are Claudia Donovan, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

You have no powers beyond your brain and your vote, plus the use of any artifacts you possess during the game as outlined below:

Spoiler: Hugo Miller (Titus)
"I was, uh, waylaid, by the Warehouse computer system."

You are Hugo Miller, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

Spoiler: Jane Lattimer (MathBlade)
"If I'm wrong, I could lose a lot more than the Warehouse."

You are Jane Lattimer, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

Spoiler: Dr. Vanessa Calder (Dunnstral)
"We may be facing an Artifact outbreak."

You are Dr. Vanessa Calder, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

Spoiler: Joshua Donovan (Kitty Trauma Team)
"You can't save us both. To save her, you have to kill me. Do it, before I'm pulled back here again."

You are Joshua Donovan, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

Spoiler: Amanda Lattimer (sangres)
"No, no. I'm not his cousin. And I'll be changing the name. I'm his--"

You are Amanda Lattimer, a
Vanilla Townie
aligned with the
Town

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Night Actions:

Night 0:

Prism transfers Trident Artifact to borkjerfkin (successful)

Mafia pick the Goggles Artifact to go to bork
Mafia designate SirCakez as the Mafia Artifact Detector/Thief
Mafia distribute the Farnsworth Artifact to bork

Day 1:

Masons take Grigori's Prayer Rope for LLD
Town votes Lucretia's Comb to LLD

SirCakez uses his detection on quiet. Result: quiet has no Artifacts

Night 1:

Battle Mage uses Tesla (vig shot) on Kitty Trauma Team: success, Kitty Trauma Team is Bronzed
Lady Lambdadelta uses Grigori's Prayer Rope (doc) on herself: success, but no Bronzing prevented, so negative effect doesn't happen
DrippingGoofball Bodyguards Prism: success, neither is Bronzed
Tammy uses her two-phase usage detector on Dunnstral: Dunnstral used zero Artifacts in the past 2 game phases

borkjerfkin sends message to sangres: success, but they are Bronzed
borkjerfkin kills sangres: success, sangres is Bronzed
Mafia select Neutralizer to go to borkjerfkin: success, leaves the Freezing Snowglobe to the town Morning phase

Day 2:

Masons give Spartan Armor to Bell
Town votes Freezing Snowglobe to LLD

SirCakez checks Spiffeh for Artifacts: Result: Spiffeh has no Artifacts

Night 2:

Bell uses Spartan Armor: successful use, but no protection provided; negative effect that [Any players you target via action in the next Day and Night phases will be announced in the main game thread at the end of the following Night phase as having been targeted by you] goes into effect for Day Three and Night Three, announced at the end of Night Three
Lady Lambdadelta transfers Freezing Snowglobe to Bell: success

Tammy uses three-shot detection on Battle Mage: Result: Battle Mage has used one Artifact in the previous three phases

borkjerfkin uses Goggles on Dunnstral: Dunnstral has zero Artifacts, Negative effect that [If the target is still alive the next time you receive an Artifact, they will receive the Artifact in your place.] means Dunnstral will receive the next Artifact given to borkjerfkin by any means
borkjerfkin uses Neutralizer on PookyTheMagicalBear: pooky has no Artifacts, nothing happens, no negative effect to go into play
GreyICE uses the Alchemist power: no protectives or roleblocks work tonight
borkjerfkin kills Lady Lambdadelta: success

Mafia gives the Key Artifact to GreyICE

Day 3 (check for bork receiving an Artifact that should go to Dunnstral due to NE):

Mason gives Cinderella's Glass Knife to Spiffeh
Town votes to give Prism Primo Levi's Scarf
Tammy uses four-phase detection on borkjerfkin: Result: borkjerfkin has used three Artifacts in the previous four phases
SirCakez does nothing

Night 3 (check for bork receiving an Artifact that should go to Dunnstral due to NE):

Tammy uses five-phase detection on notscience: Result: notscience used zero Artifacts in the previous five phases, but this result won't be delivered until the end of Night 4
Prism checks Spiffeh for PTs. Result: Spiffeh has zero PTs
Spiffeh uses Cinderella's Glass Knife on borkjerfkin: Result: borkjerfkin is poisoned and will die unless targeted by a doctor power before the end of Night 4.

borkjerfkin uses the Trident on Tammy. Result: Tammy may not post in any PTs Day 4
notscience uses his Time Travel power on Tammy. Result: Tammy is 'silenced' but may still vote and gets the PT (that she can't post in)
borkjerfkin kills Bell. Result: Bell is Bronzed.

Mafia gives the Jubilee Grand Poker Chip to notscience

Day 4:

Mod announces who Bell has targeted during Day 3 and Night 3 but not when (Spiffeh) and announces Tammy's restriction

Town votes to give Gold Spike from the Trans-Continental Railroad to PookyTheMagicalBear

Night 4:

Tammy gets results from Night 3
borkjerfkin dies to poison (no doctor Artifact or PR active in the game)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Last edited by penguin_alien on Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Finalized Artifacts for distribution:

Spoiler: Mason Artifacts:
Spartan Armor (activated bulletproof)

Power: During the Night phase, you may activate this Artifact to become one-shot bulletproof for the night. This works against Bronzing effects that resolve during the same Night phase they are used.
Negative Effect: Any players you target via action in the next Day and Night phases will be announced in the main game thread at the end of the following Night phase as having been targeted by you.

Wings of Daedalus (self-commute)

Power: During the Night phase, you may use this Artifact to commute for that Night phase. You will be untargetable by any abilities.
Negative Effect: You may not use any power role abilities the following Night phase.

Grigori Rasputin's Prayer Rope (doctor)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target a player. That player will be protected against all attempts to Bronze them for the night.
Negative Effect: If this Artifact prevents a Bronzing attempt, all active power roles (not Artifacts, factional powers, or passive abilities) will fail for players aligned with your faction during that Night phase.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge's Fishing Net (roleblocker)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target a player. Any actions they attempt during the Night phase will fail.
Negative Effect: During the Night phase you use this Artifact, you will be rendered ascetic.

Memory Paper from Johannes Gutenberg's Press (Artifact duplicator)

Power: During a game phase, select an Artifact revealed to be in a player's inventory at the time of their Bronzing. At the end of the phase, receive a copy of that Artifact for your use.
Negative Effect: You must wait a number of phases equal to the phase number of the the player's Bronzing before the Artifact is ready for use or transfer.

Cinderella's Glass Knife (poisoner)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target another player. If that player is not protected by a doctor power in the next three game phases (Night, Day, next Night) they will be Bronzed at the end of that next Night. They are informed that they have been poisoned and will die at the end of the next Night phase without a doctor's protection applied in the interim.
Negative Effect: If a player is Bronzed due to your use of this Artifact, it will be announced in the game thread at the start of the next Day phase that you are responsible for their Bronzing.

Miguel de Cervantes' Windmill (gladiator)

Power: During the Afternoon part of the Day phase, activate this Artifact by posting in the main game thread:
Gladiate: [player name]
. For the remainder of the Day phase, the only Bronzing votes that will count will be those cast for you or the Gladiated player.
Negative Effect: When this Artifact is used, you will become Hated for the remainder of the Day phase, requiring one fewer vote to be Bronzed.

P.T. Barnum's Top (Afternoon doublevoter)

Power: During the Afternoon of the Day phase, you may use this Artifact by PMing the mod. Once activated you will have a second vote to place via PM to the mod to use for the remainder of the Day phase. This vote will show up in the vote count anonymously.
Negative Effect: For the remainder of the Day phase immediately following activation, you will become Fragile (requiring two fewer votes than otherwise to be Bronzed, always minimum of one vote required).

Statues of Zeus and Hera (one cycle neighborizer)

Power: During a game phase, you may target another player. At the end of the phase you will receive a neighborhood with them for the next two game phases.
Negative Effect: While the neighborhood is open, you and the targeted player are Lovers.

Spoiler: Artifacts up for vote
Night 0:

Orville Wright's Aviator Goggles (Artifact counter)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target a player to learn how many Artifacts are in their possession at the end of that Night phase. This resolves after they have performed all actions for the Night.
Negative Effect: If the target is still alive the next time you receive an Artifact, they will receive the Artifact in your place.

Lucretia's Comb (Loved)

Power: During a Day phase, you may activate this Artifact by PMing the mod a target before any player has been Bronzed. The target will become Loved for the remainder of the Day phase (require one additional vote to be Bronzed) and be informed as such. This may be self-targeted. This may not be used during LyLo.
Negative Effect: Once used, you are an Actor for the remainder of the day, only able to place a hammer vote during the Afternoon. Any other votes attempted will not be recorded as valid. Any pre-existing votes you have placed that Day phase will be left as-is until a new vote is attempted.

Night 1:

Neutralizer (neutralizes one Artifact in a player's inventory)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target another player. If that player possesses an Artifact at the end of the Night, it will be removed from their inventory and from the game. If they possess multiple Artifacts, a randomly chosen Artifact will be affected.
Negative Effect: The Negative Effect of the neutralized Artifact will be applied to you.

Freezing Snowglobe (vote freezer)

Power: During the Day phase, you may PM the mod to use this Artifact to freeze a vote in place. This may be during either the Morning or Afternoon. The frozen vote must be on a player (it cannot be 'Not Voting'). This may not be used during LyLo.
Negative Effect: After using this Artifact during a Day phase, you may not perform any actions the following Night phase (including Artifact usage and transfer, non-Artifact powers, and factional actions)

Night 2:

Primo Levi's Scarf (PT cop)

Power: During the Night phase, you may use this Artifact to target a player. You will be told whether the player has had access to at least one non-notes PT during this game.
Negative Effect: You will gain a PT that only you have access to for the remainder of the game.

H.P. Lovecraft's Silver Key (Night poster)

Power: During the Day phase, you may activate this Artifact to post in the game thread during the following night. Posts will be submitted by the mod but identified as originating with you.
Negative Effect: You will only have 20 posts to use for the Night phase and the subsequent Day phase combined. Posts that only contain votes may always be made without counting against that number.

Night 3:

Gold Spike from the Trans-Continental Railroad (action duplicator)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target a primary player and a secondary player. If successful, any non-Bronzing actions the primary player takes also apply to the secondary player in addition to their own selected target.
Negative Effect: For the duration of the next Day phase only, the primary and secondary player will be given a neighborhood PT together.

Jubilee Grand Poker Chip (Artifact Power and Negative Effect revealer)

Power: If you know the flavor name of an Artifact that has yet to be distributed, you may PM the mod to use this Artifact to uncover the Power and Negative Effect of the Artifact. Anyone who has access to the flavor name of the Artifact will now have access to the uncovered information as well.
Negative Effect: Starting with the game phase this Artifact is used, you will be ineligible to receive Artifacts for two game phases. While transfers of Artifacts to you will only fail, distribution of a new Artifact to you will result in the Artifact instead being removed from the game.

Night 4:

Thomas Wedgwood's Champagne Glass (self-watcher)

Power: During the Night phase, you may use this to activate a self-watch. At the end of the Night you will be told who visited you.
Negative Effect: Players who visited you will be told they were observed but not by whom.

Babel Stones (neighborizer)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target another player. If successful, you will receive a neighborhood with that player for the remainder of the game.
Negative Effect: For the remainder of the game, if your target uses an Artifact during a given Night phase, any Artifact usage you attempt in that Night phase will fail.

Night 5:

Scott Joplin's Cigarette Case (doctor)

Power: During the Night phase, you may choose a target. That player will be protected against all killing attempts for the Night phase.
Negative Effect: If your target's inventory contains any other Artifacts on the Night when you use this, the Negative Effect of one of them at random will be applied to you. This will not consume that Artifact or negate the applied Negative Effect for the Artifact holder.

Telegraph from Telegraph Island (mailman)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target a player and compose a message that the mod will deliver. This message may be no more than 50 words and must be comprised of words quoted from unique game thread posts.
Negative Effect: The message will also be sent to one random player at the start of the next Day phase.

Night 6:

Artifact Tracker Football (tracker)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target another player. Results will be generated saying whom, if anyone, the target visited that night.
Negative Effect: The results will not be delivered to you until the end of the following Day Cycle.

Rosalind Franklin's DNA Sequencer (Artifact copier)

Power: During the Day phase you may choose a target. If that player used an Artifact the previous Night phase or during that Day phase, you will receive a copy of that Artifact to use at the end of the Day phase. If more than one Artifact was used by your target, you will receive the first one they used.
Negative Effect: If you do not use this Artifact during the next Night-Day cycle, it will remain in your inventory but only be eligible for transfer to another player

Night 7:

William Bleckwenn's Stethoscope (Town identifier)

Power: During the Day phase, you may use this Artifact by PMing the mod. Once used, you will be informed that a random player from those living (not including yourself if applicable) is aligned with the Town. This information will not be made available to the player list at large.
Negative Effect: Whichever player is confirmed as town to you will be made Macho for the rest of the game--no protective roles will work on them.
They will immediately be informed that this has happened, but not why.

Robert Louis Stevenson's Bookends (bus driver)

Power: During the Night phase, select two targets. These players will be swapped for the purposes of other night actions targeting them that night.
Negative Effect: If either player is targeted by an ability that would Bronze them that same night, you will be Bronzed in their place.

Night 8:

Vincent Van Gogh's Stormy Night (jailkeeper)

Power: During the Night phase, you may target another player. This player will be roleblocked and protected from kills for the Night.
Negative Effect: You will become a Reflexive Artifact Interceptor for the duration of the Night phase, confiscating any Artifacts that target the player you are protecting. These Artifacts will fail in their Power but still bestow the Negative Effect upon their user. You will add these Artifacts to your inventory at the end of the Night.

Frank Lloyd Wright's Pick-up Sticks (doublevoter for Morning)

Power: You may use this Artifact during the Morning by PMing the mod. Once activated, you may place a second vote for the recipient of that Morning's Artifact by PMing the mod. This vote will show up in the vote count anonymously.
Negative Effect: During the next Morning, you will not have a vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”