Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 290, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm also done talking about the NM play. It's patently obvious to me that I won't be convincing a majority to go along with it, and I don't think that me getting more and more pissed as I attempt to explain myself on the same points over the next 20 pages is the best thing for thread health.
ok cool

can you explain how you got from "liking my reaction" to us being in your scumpool?

- lilith
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by The Bulge »

in a game with as much scum as this, I'd expect to see a whole lot of ""Agenda"" right at the forefront of discussion, which is exactly what this NM talk feels like

idrk who else I'm vaguely shading there apart from nacho, I was drunk all yesterday evening and only lazily skimmed along, but I'll catch up later and get that figured out.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 297, SirCakez wrote:Popcorn yeah. Nacho reached out too; it wasn't just Tammy. Very similar situation where I opened SRing the slot.
also thinking about this more:
popcorn is a game where you literally can't vote people
it just would not have occurred to me to even try to use that as a basis for a comparison, much less come to the conclusion you came to pretty much on the fly
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 198, Disaster Cartel wrote:bc I have no baseline or any idea of who it is and that inherently makes me slightly +sus unless it’s hectic (which it apparently isn’t)
i mean are you saying you're just like vaguely sus because he's an alt and you don't know who he is or ...

~
In post 199, notscience wrote:Also i like notsci so far!

why?
tbf my sample size is not, like, super big but you're more free-flowing / stream-of-conscious-y than you were in that half scumgame you played with me, and it's reminiscent of tenet + the normal.
you were like, kinda, able to produce shallow thoughts/questioning on the fly in jk++ but there's a depth to nuance here that wasnt' present there
maybe that was a product of not having as much time to play and in a scumgame where you were less busy irl you would be able to do so but like off of the experience that i've had thus far i'm liking what you're saying

~
In post 210, Nachomamma8 wrote:My experience is that Not Mafia tends to lurk a lot, doesn't tend to scumhunt nor contribute in a significant way to the point where he basically doesn't play the game. In a game like this with an absolutely massive scumteam I'm pretty confident that someone like him is going to end up as lynchbait. Do you disagree? What are your previous experiences with him?

I don't know where you're getting the impression that I'm trying to rush the day. Unless someone does something significant to change my mind, Not Mafia is my death candidate. I think that it's extremely unlikely town!Not-Mafia survives the game and I think it's extremely likely scum!Not_Mafia gets sacrificed, hence he's a priority to figure out. He can have all the time in the world for someone else to fuck up or for him to step it up in any way whatsoever, but see my experience above. I don't think it's going to happen.

Salsa accused Kismet of lying about not playing in a Perpetual MyLo setup before because Kismet was playing on an alt. That's a convoluted line of thought that I don't think that she comes up with if scum there - it tends to be quite hard for baddies to fake paranoia when they have all of the answers in front of them, and it would be extraordinarily impressive if she came up with the idea to fake paranoia there.
if he's town, he's probably going to be flipbait, sure
but that also means that 'in a game with an absolutely massive scumteam' and he's town there's goign to be a lot of scum trying to drive us towards him, no? like why are you not just scum trying to get that easy flip ...
also in this setup it's not a sure thing that he needs to get flipped anyways as either alignmenet so i'm not sure why you're presenting this as inevitable. also i don't think he always gets misflipped as town

also i don't believe i ever said you were trying to rush the day
more like you were trying to present this as 'ugh might as well just do this now'

i kinda like the salsa reasoning tho
In post 211, Nachomamma8 wrote:Do you really think that I'm angling to sacrifice myself in exchange for Not_Mafia's life...? Really?
eh not so much that you were gonna escape per se so much as the hard-tunneling part
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

oh skitter whoops ^ forgot to sign
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 236, Kismet wrote:i think at least where you're losing me is that you seem to be saying that scum getting the opportunity to safehouse (i'm going to use this term to refer to a scum reverse nk) n_m is like a huge value play for them, to the point that we need to scorched earth the shit out of that slot to ensure that they don't have the opportunity to do this, even if he is town.
ya this ^
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 239, notscience wrote:If I was scum I’d leave up my buddy who can plausibly quick hammer from either alignment for the record
lol good point honestly

~ skitter
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 241, SirCakez wrote:and skitter has been having a tough run lately
>.>
In post 246, SirCakez wrote:Done reading. Disaster Cartel is AWFUL and I do not want to move my vote. Nacho is also just ??????? leaning towards scum. All of the hydras are not good actually.
In post 245, SirCakez wrote:Not crazy about notsci, L+G, or Venus Fly Trap. I can have lots of scumreads in this game
don't most of these people not like nacho?
In post 248, SirCakez wrote:I don't like your approach to this game. It feels too passive.
also, uh, passive is not a word i use to describe notscience here, this kinda feels like buzzword-y handwave-y sort of shade

~
In post 249, Disaster Cartel wrote:only that’s not what happened? I wanted to know why skitt was TRing you bc you’re evidently experienced but I have no idea what your scumgame is like from a range of like FL to kerset
he's just like really townie ... do you really not see it?

~ skitter
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 303, Venus Fly Trap wrote:and it's reminiscent of tenet + the normal.
+1 to this for me so far, although i do think you have it in you to beastmode as scum and as such am not all the way there yet, but your engagement after nacho went after you early seemed forceful and legitimate and such are the things day 2 passes are made from
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

sorry are you talking abt me or notsci there, i'm a little confused how you worded that

(also i forgot to say but i'm trying super hard to strictly post outside of workig hours so i'm mainly a nighttime phenomenon now)

my current best guess is, like, unwnd
(possibly cabd but i don't think he types the way you do)

~ skitter
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by Kismet »

was to noddy, yeah realized after the fact that would be confusing
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

yeah ok that makes more sense
(also all my guesses for who you are i don't think would describe me as 'beastmode as scum')

~ skitter
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 301, The Bulge wrote:in a game with as much scum as this, I'd expect to see a whole lot of ""Agenda"" right at the forefront of discussion, which is exactly what this NM talk feels like

idrk who else I'm vaguely shading there apart from nacho, I was drunk all yesterday evening and only lazily skimmed along, but I'll catch up later and get that figured out.
You better not be a tease. Did we actually draw town together? I expect elaboration because I've had my own mockup I've been watching play out pretty much as expected for it.

@skitter- That works! Like I said, it was just weird.

Ninja-
Meh skitter re:Cakez calling me passive I'd disagree I just played scum with him. In his experienced games with me- Xeno when I got running D2 and tore through scum. Tenet where I was aggressive and controversial and reckless. Legends where I kinda sat back bc everyone else wanted to lead until it was clear I had to tryhard to win the game for us.

Then there's Warehouse and I would define my play there as passive, and here is more like D1 xeno when I sat back or early on in legends. But, I still think hes scum this is a roundabout way of me saying I don't think that is *why* he's scum

ninja-
There's a 0% chance that's cabd lmao. unwnd has crossed my mind as well though that wasn't my two I mentioned earlier.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by notscience »

In case that wasn't clear the first three were town and warehouse was scum
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 258, SirCakez wrote:this post just doesn't make any sense as town. why is he so opposed to this conversation? it's not like the thread was getting blown up
the "put my face through desk" comment seems like a huge exaggeration
how much of your jk++ did you, like, read?
iirc a fair amt, no? like i remember you talking in the dead pt abt how likely it was that scum would carry out a win
in the context of how that game played out and how much mena wanted to flip nm i think his frustration makes sense ...

not really liking sircakez thus far

pedit yeah i don't actually think it's cabd. i think like unwnd > prism > maybe peta but he's on hiatus but the overlap of like tent + normal isn't that big i don't think
also legends you were scum in? i guess that context makes a bit more sense but you're not, like, being passive tho
pedit2 oh nm. idk i still don't like it. either way i don't think he's being much townie here tho

~ skitter
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 312, notscience wrote:wasn't my two I mentioned earlier.
ok i have to ask who was the other guess
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 275, Disaster Cartel wrote:(1) Did u read any of JK9++ while modding it? Or like, my hydra pt with skitts?
oh yeah see ^
cakez i feel like you're kinda igoring relevant context to have this read on mena

~ skitter
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 314, Venus Fly Trap wrote:cabd. i think like unwnd > prism > maybe peta
i'm actually pretty flattered being compared w/ any of these really
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by notscience »

muffin

I don't think it's Prism I still think it's Bell lmao
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 318, notscience wrote:muffin
this is inside joke hilarious actually
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by notscience »

After that scumbutt voting me actually does things I'll share what I think scum's plan is!
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 278, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:
In post 242, Salsabil Faria wrote:
V/LA till 16th April due to health issue.
I'd be voting for this slot if it wasn't for this post ngl.
I find everything they are doing is just them existing and vibing rather than actually playing the game.

Which just reads like scum going through the motions waiting for something easy to grab onto.
I can elaborate in 4 days I guess.
uh no.
a) she's kinda new
b) i was in a newbie with her kinda recently and this is kinda just how she plays. she's p guileless and just kinda says exactly what she's thinking and i feel like there's evidence of her trying to understand what's going on and how people are trying to read other people. i wouldn't really describe her as 'just them existing and vibing rather than actually playing the game'

~ skitter

pedit who are you >.>
pedit2 i don't think that sounds like bell? but i don't know bell as well what do i know lol
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 282, notscience wrote:As a side note I’m a bit confused why those pro-notmaf haven’t brought up that them killing him d1 (assuming he’s scum) would be super low info. It’s always about “CANT LET HIM ESCAPE”

Like I don’t get why the focus is on removing “weak links” rather than limiting how much information actually goes out?
i mean i brought this up way back when but tbh at this point by virtue of the fact that this has become such a divisive issue there would be information on his flip now so :shrug:

~ skitter
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Kismet »

i think in Theory i could be muffin but in Praxis we don't sound anything alike
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 289, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: SirCakez

I don't believe his scumread on his disaster and I don't believe his scumread on me. I'll get into it later when I have more time.
uh so these nacho and sircakez interactions are certainly A Thing

~ skitter

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”