Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5750 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I like Gyp right now because he's the only one besides me who has been popping in semi-frequently and not just "blahhing"
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5751 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Gypyx »

hey Zaiden, right now i think you're focused on the wrong thing, so why are *you* town, not why gamma is scum, not why S_S is town, we're talking about you right now
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5752 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 5749, SirCakez wrote:I know Gamma pretty well and I don't think he'd use false-flaking as a tactic...
Wasn't he missing sitewide too?
he was missing site-wide yes

also for the record, when *i* forgot to vend peach, UT didn't even bother warning me and remind me of night actions, so really Zaiden that doesn't mean much, i actually think that UT reminding you of night actions kinda points towards you being scum, as the mod is generally gonna pay more attention to scum actions
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5753 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

I would definitely like to hear more from SS
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5754 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Too bad, I have nothing to say :X
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:53 am

Post by SirCakez »

:dead: :dead: :dead:
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:05 am

Post by Gypyx »

welp

we'll have to hammer at some point i guess...

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

today is my last busy day PLEASE
I can get in here tomorrow
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5758 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Gypyx »

deadline is also tommorow though

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5759 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

fuck
i'll try to get here tonight
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5760 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Zaiden »

You're telling me that's a good indication that I'm scum?!? Like I know why he'd specifically choose to remind me on nights, and not bother with other people. An explanation I can think of is that I'm not a veteran player or familiar with the site interfance, which we've made clear to him in our Team Mafia discord channel, so he's been kind enough to help me out along the way. I've also just been really busy sorting out starting my new job soon, so to be honest, I've had other priorities beyond a mafiascum game that hasn't been very active.

Honestly for me at this point, scum has to be between Gypyx after the shade he's thrown to try and commit a miseject on me although my gut still feels that GammaEmerald is an entity who cannot be trusted. If one of these two make final three, I'm pretty sure the one that's alive is absolutely scum. Also I didn't quite catch it but Hopkirk pointed out to me Gypyx claimed that I was town in the one other game I played on this site. That is not true. I was actually scum in that game. I forfeited on D2 right after my scum buddy was ejected D1. Gypyx is just trying to lie to everybody by saying I was town in that game and what I've shown in this game does not reflect my town meta. But I was scum in that game so how does that work?!?!

I've said what I can to be honest. I feel emotionally drained, like I have no more energy left. Not just because of this game where I completely fucked up thinking MariaR was scum, which just weighed on me heavily. I'm just relieved to have a proper job lined up after searching for months after months. If Gypyx is scum, I'm absolutely sure he's sensed out my emotional tiredness and is looking to exploit me till the very end for his own gains. He's outright lied about me too to try and secure a miseject onto me. If Gamma is scum, he's satisfied with the game state and is happy for town to miseject. So those two are plausible. If I'm totally wrong, which wouldn't be a first since I got MariaR totally wrong, well fucking played to Cakez. And S_S is actually a scum god if it's them.

Vote: Gypyx
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5761 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Gypyx »

i'm sure you're the first one to have said that this was a towngame but okay
also, lying on that is probably the most pointless shit but okay lol

and anyways, for the record, i would NOT use someone's mental tiredness to get an easy push on them as scum

not sure what's even to answer there :shrug:

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5762 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:48 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5760, Zaiden wrote:You're telling me that's a good indication that I'm scum?!? Like I know why he'd specifically choose to remind me on nights, and not bother with other people. An explanation I can think of is that I'm not a veteran player or familiar with the site interfance, which we've made clear to him in our Team Mafia discord channel, so he's been kind enough to help me out along the way. I've also just been really busy sorting out starting my new job soon, so to be honest, I've had other priorities beyond a mafiascum game that hasn't been very active.

Honestly for me at this point, scum has to be between Gypyx after the shade he's thrown to try and commit a miseject on me although my gut still feels that GammaEmerald is an entity who cannot be trusted. If one of these two make final three, I'm pretty sure the one that's alive is absolutely scum. Also I didn't quite catch it but Hopkirk pointed out to me Gypyx claimed that I was town in the one other game I played on this site. That is not true. I was actually scum in that game. I forfeited on D2 right after my scum buddy was ejected D1. Gypyx is just trying to lie to everybody by saying I was town in that game and what I've shown in this game does not reflect my town meta. But I was scum in that game so how does that work?!?!

I've said what I can to be honest. I feel emotionally drained, like I have no more energy left. Not just because of this game where I completely fucked up thinking MariaR was scum, which just weighed on me heavily. I'm just relieved to have a proper job lined up after searching for months after months. If Gypyx is scum, I'm absolutely sure he's sensed out my emotional tiredness and is looking to exploit me till the very end for his own gains. He's outright lied about me too to try and secure a miseject onto me. If Gamma is scum, he's satisfied with the game state and is happy for town to miseject. So those two are plausible. If I'm totally wrong, which wouldn't be a first since I got MariaR totally wrong, well fucking played to Cakez. And S_S is actually a scum god if it's them.

Vote: Gypyx
I agree Gypyx push on you is a little sketch. But for me his activity and motivation outweighs that. He's actually trying.
Why do you have SS cleared here?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5763 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by Gypyx »

boop

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5764 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

Fuck
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5765 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

We have a few hours
I think we have to do Zaiden :/
I don't feel great about it but not horrible either
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5766 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 am

Post by Gypyx »

well idk, with that activity, i'd even be surprised if we could do anyone else, not like i'd want to

i think we're breaking records for how long a player goes without posting also

thanks for talking in the game still cakez

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5767 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

i mean this is for all the marbles people should be here
I'm not feeling good about this one at all because the other three players are just so absent
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5768 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 798, Zaiden wrote:How the f*ck am I supposed to read people's body language, and suspicious behaviour, across the internet? Guess I'll have to break out some highschool English literature skills to analyse the heck out of people's posts.

I'm pretty sure there are mafia pushing me because I'm the new person. I'm an easy target for these scummy ass lying bitches. My teammates think I'm being trapped, that people accuse me of coaching knowing that I might not understand what it means in a forum mafia context. I didn't realise it had a special connotation. I'm paranoid/scared because to me that's exactly what happened. From my perspective, coaching meant asking about how to format posts and posting etiquette, etc. Or telling me I shouldn't post messages about rubbing Sunscreen Protection Factor (SPF) over my peaches to protect them from sunburn to avoid getting modkilled because it could be interpreted the wrong way. Not that they told me how to write my posts word by word. Because frankly that's just not true. Literally, Hopkirk and Hectic just told me 'Do your regular thing you do in real life and other people should townread you pretty quickly' and vanished to focus on their respective games.

I don't know if they set me up to get screwed over as a joke. Because I went and did that but people seem to think otherwise. Other than some cursory points at the beginning of the game, with Hectic telling me they felt Hopkirk telling me he was getting strong town vibes from SFP and trying to incorporate that into my game, since I strongly agreed with those particular takes from him (in addition to liking Gypx and PinkBall myself), that spectacularly backfired and they're just chortling at my struggles. I'm literally just here to fill the numbers and play my style my way because their first choice player in Elements got banned last year. I know, I'm not a good player like Elements that can help them win. But I wanted to at least try and not let them down. But it's so hard to keep going when people seem to have these bullshit wacky reads that make no fucking sense from my point of view. Worse still, I go off to do real life shit (Grinding ranked in League of Legends after missing Gold IV by 2 LP after finishing my placements, blogging anime, participating in Clash, etc) only come back and there's like 10 extra pages. It's like never-ending homework keeps piling up and I'm being told 'Zaiden you have this deadline, please do it or we'll scumread you/kill you' and I'm just drowning in it. There's just too much to read. This isn't what I signed up for. I thought this would be more like the Mario Maker newbie game which was way less intense.

Supposedly my reasoning is empty, but people choose to focus on a trivial matter, like how my writing seems coached. My way of playing the game is to write out my thoughts in an essay style analytical form. This to me also indicates cheetory is trying to bait a reaction to implicate me, which I don't really appreciate. And even if Cheetory isn't scum, there is guaranteed scum on this wagon and I can see how it's going to go. I give a genuine reaction on my thoughts, but people easily decide 'it's not good enough let's go ahead with killing Zaiden' even when there's clearly no issue with my line of reasoning. This might sound bad, but I just don't have time to separately engage and thoroughly research every single person in this game. At least within the space of 1-2 days. I find myself deeply in a lose lose situation. Respond to Cheetory and whoever else is accusing me, and they will literally pick out everything wrong I do, even if it's a townie error rather than a mafia error. If I choose not to respond, they will continue to say I am mafia precisely because I'm not responding. I'm being told something along the lines of "your logic is weak, your arguments make no sense", instead of having people try to consider things from my perspective. If you are town you should be open-minded to a lot of possibilities. It is not possible to have a rational argument in this game, only educated guesses, unless you're scum who clearly knows what is up. As far as I'm concerned, flirting around drives me nuts but it isn't necessarily alignment indicative and I was seeking to provoke discussion about Pooky who I don't know about and SpringBreeze who I don't know about. But no one tried to engage with me. And no one tried to answer anything I tried asking. What's wrong with that? I don't know if there's an ulterior motive, like if Team Hectic/Flopz/Hopkirk feels threatening to other people so you eject their fourth member to make them lose points. Because that's another possibility I'm considering for why there's traction against me.

From my perspective I think JakeTheWolf might have been faking conflict with Gamma too because they probably know early wagons will fizzle out. I think that's calculated because their reactions are way too opportunistic for me to otherwise explain. Gamma just rehashed Cheetory's general opinion to further lend into this general confirmation bias. The fact Cheetory is subconsciously manipulating Gamma or they're putting on a show to confuse people in absolutely not considering any other possibility screams mafia to me. Also Cheetory was voting Jake then hopped onto Gamma and the explanation they gave felt forced/fake to me. On the other hand SpringBreeze literally just opportunistically hopped onto this counter wagon against me for no real good reason either. Take that as you will. That's just opportunistic as heck. Also, the fact Cheetory is treating what he says himself, and what anti-Zaiden people say, as proof of evidence and fact, is dangerous. Deeper meanings that are non-existent are a massive overanalysis into nothing. Read into actions, rather than the words. However, I'm hardly in any position to provide proof. I can't make others see the bigger picture, because they've already chosen to actively ignore my attempts at advocating logic whilst dismissing anything I do as coached or mafia play. It's really lazy. Everything I do now can only be coached mafia in people's eyes, until further light can be shed on the matter. In short, I'm already trying to show people the bigger picture of how I play as a person, but they're refuse to see it and blame it on my inability to convince, instead choosing to believe the fake picture they have been presented with. Don't listen to what people say about coaching or weak arguments, because I really believe you are all being thoroughly misled by a narrative. The Emperor told his subjects he had new clothes, and even though in actuality he had none, they all pretended he was wearing them anyway because they believed only stupid people couldn't see the clothes. And it feels like that's a lot of players on here right now. I think my arguments are legitimate and I don't understand why they aren't.

Naturally, my arguments cannot have the capacity to be convincing, if peoples' opinion and views are essentially predetermined before they even get along to reading my arguments. As far as I can see, my inability to convince is more or less symptomatic of multiple mafia manipulating the course of this forum discussion that way. Driving a narrative that everyone's subscribed into. From my perspective, what is going on at the moment is complete insanity. Of course, that does not assuage any concerns regarding whether I actually am mafia or not. We should have like 1-2 more weeks to discuss, where I can hopefully convince people that we need to change our current approach to the game to hopefully be more accommodating.

I understand that lazy or noob town might be worth less, but what have I done to indicate that I am more deserving of a lynch, than others who are slinking back or the people who are clearly misdirecting a lynch onto me? Either ways, I am against the idea of voting for ejecting me today because reasons. Also, a townie has no reason to be as callous and denigrating as Cheetory in his interrogation of me - oh Zaiden would be useless anyway as the game goes on so it's a win win. Okay, I might be useless at this forum style. But you didn't have to say it like that. I don't really like you, you're a huge asshole and I'll be glad that I probably don't have to play with someone like you ever again once this game is over and done with. And my language would have been a lot more colourful if I wasn't at risk of getting modkilled for being rude. Don't think you and your scum buddies can get away with being so underhanded.
I don't know man I just keep coming back to this post
It seems way outside of scumrange
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5769 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think it might be SS
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5770 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

Even ignoring the flaking defense, Gamma did not seem to be playing to scum meta early on
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5771 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

god Gypyx are you fucking snowing me here
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5772 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

fuck this game
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5773 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:25 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2856, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Votecount 1.13Cheetory6
Gamma Emerald - 1 (Jake)
Gypyx
Jake The Wolfie
Jingle - 1 (noraa)
MURDERSUNNY
MariaR
midwaybear
Morning Tweet
noraa - 1 (PrivateI)
Pink Ball - 1 (Spring Breeze)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PrivateI
SirCakez - 2 (Pooky, Gypyx)
Something_Smart
Spring Breeze - 10 (Pink Ball, staypositivefriend, Something_Smart, SirCakez, Zaiden, Gamma Emerald, Cheetory6, midwaybear, Jingle, MariaR)

staypositivefriend
Zaiden

Not Voting - 2 (Morning Tweet, MURDERSUNNY)

Day 1 ends on January 29th at 8PM EST. With 18 alive, it takes 10 to ask someone politely to leave.
important VC
who was bussing Spring Breeze? NONE of the flipped scum were on there.
SS is in the traditional bussing spot...
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5774 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5357, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Gypyx probably kills Gamma last night right?
hmmmmmmm
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”