Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 573, Infinity 324 wrote:Thanks!

Mena is always concerned with how people read him and I think it might actually be towny
/thonks
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 573, Infinity 324 wrote:Thanks!

Mena is always concerned with how people read him and I think it might actually be towny
on some level i think i need to responsibly outsource that read to you/skitter so if we get to a point where you're yelling at me that i'm wrong, i am listening.
but just so far i'm just waiting for something from mena other than mechanics talk or potshots at me based on what i think are pretty bad pretenses
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 349, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 301, The Bulge wrote:in a game with as much scum as this, I'd expect to see a whole lot of ""Agenda"" right at the forefront of discussion, which is exactly what this NM talk feels like

idrk who else I'm vaguely shading there apart from nacho, I was drunk all yesterday evening and only lazily skimmed along, but I'll catch up later and get that figured out.
You're not shading anyone else but me, which is sort of par for the course. I'm interested in hearing what agenda that you thought that I had in trying to policy lynch NM - there are a lot of people who think my actions are weird or bad but no one has really put forward a plausible scum agenda for doing so.
I'd put mena and vft under that umbrella too ftr, having read up.

I'm not so much talking about an agenda of "yeet N_M first" as I am one of steering the early discussion in an arguably futile direction, and in the process shooting down our momentum before we even take off. I like lilith's theory about scum willingly giving up their own biggest liability in return for a N1 kill, though nm's "I'll never go out first it's just the way it goes" bit rings true to me, and aside from that I've got nothing on the slot atm.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by notscience »

Who’s scum bulge
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

@bork I would probably outsource the read to skitt and not me, I have a pretty terrible track record of reading mena. Though the best way to read that slot is probably just for ydrasse to post.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 574, SirCakez wrote:Mom/Braveheart is also #badslot btw
just cuz they haven't done anything or is there something more

@kismet: ya i'm definitely not at that point yet, if i do townread him and people are scumreading him for (what i think are) bad reasons you will most certainly be hearing from me, do not fear. with all due respect to infinity i'm probably better at reading mena than she is tho. need the realtime interaction tho

@bulge: that umbrella being 'people who are proposing a whole lot of ""Agenda""?

~ skitter
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 504, Disaster Cartel wrote:treating me with bad faith
(pseudo-olive-branch-mode-on)
I want to examine this in particular - can you just briefly explain what this clause in particular means to you? It struck a bit of a different chord than the other stuff
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by The Bulge »

basically I'm reading thru a lens of "half of these people only want to post about shit that isn't going to benefit us" and being wary of the fact that a solid chunk of this game's discussion is going to be, by nature of the setup, either a heap of useless garbage, or actively harmful to the town.

pedit notty- I'm getting to that

do you want me to finish catching up and compiling all my notes into the big effort post I've been thinking about all day, or are you gonna want a couple spitballs rn? (I would prefer the former, but answer truthfully)

pedit skitter- specifically that umbrella is "people who I was vaguely shading apart from nacho"
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Kismet »

hitting the right notes w/ me
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 407, Disaster Cartel wrote:I would also love to hear thoughts on my point that I think scum are bus!disincentivised unless in a lot of trouble, and the fact that there seems to be no appetite for NM is therefore +scum

-Mena
where's this?

on the surface, I disagree. with a role distribution like this, bussing is inevitable. if the scumteam only pushes town all game, it can become a very easy game of sorting bloccs.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by notscience »

Former and don’t be a tease

I’ll be around after work
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by The Bulge »

:}
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 474, Disaster Cartel wrote:My vote is staying on leafy/glacey until I see like, anything from beeboy but I’ll bear in mind what you’re saying

-Mena
is there any depth to this besides "beeboy doing the thing he does as scum"?
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Disaster Cartel »

beeboy doing the thing he does as scum in a game w higher rates to roll it probably means the slot is just scum :>

- ydra
Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Leafeon and Glaceon »

y'all are goons. I do far less then this as scum.

~Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:20 pm

~Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:20 pm

~Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:20 pm

I have the fact I can't delete those.

~Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 pm

the head that actually posts is here

growing more confident on cakez, i hate how he's basically trying to just push past our scumread instead of like, talking against it

makes me think he just wants to get the miselim on our slot then leave the game tonight

p-edit: apparently we are both here

~leaf
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 pm

In post 54, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 15, Venus Fly Trap wrote:this is weird to me, like yes we might all decide that he's the best compromise wagon today or some day or whatever, but in general i feel like we can do better, esp. on day1, esp since he just abt never has any useful interactions to sort other people with.
if we just do this early on and he's town and we flip him we just let scum jettison their weakest player, and if he's scum and we flip him we just lose our strongest player
(and honestly in most universes depending on who the scumteam is that's like ... my slot or yours)
so like
I mean if something better comes up I'm all for it but as for right now we know that we're taking an L on Not_Mafia if town eventually (maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually) - if he's mafia then we have one shot and one shot only to kill him and that's right this second.

If he flips town it sucks, but if we flip any town day 1 it sucks same as usual so I don't necessarily understand the point you're making here.

And if I'm the strongest town player then we're already screwed sooo...
(im just gonna use w/e i quote as catchup to dump my thoughts into it so sorry if things are answered down the line but i simply dont care!!)

im not having the gutpings that i have when i play with skitter and i dont know if thats familiarity with her finally or she's being townier than usual, i think i've only caught her before as scum by the people around her/circumstances (divide and conquer especially) rather than through what she's posting/saying herself and otherwise usually think she feels scummy for reasons i usually can't say beyond gut so im ?? that theyre not here this time but happy (???)(read: i'm smiling and nodding while hoping this isn't the game i'm gonna get especially rolled by her)

and i quoted this post because... isn't it worse to flip nm based on policy as town than other town players who we would have to wagon? and i dont understand why we couldnt just kill him another day and why it has to be today

(i sympathize with mena wanting to kill him more probably because i know he was frustrated over nm not being elimmed in a previous game so this is probably hypocritical of me to judge the reasoning here and not yours nacho but yeah) i know it's long past but i don't think throwing everything down on nm early on is a good move and hes more like, "okay poe says he might be scum so now we should maybe do this" for me. i also have no clue how to read him and the only time i have played with him i was scum and tried to get him killed as an easy elim sooooo yeah
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 pm

- ydra
Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:30 pm

In post 593, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:growing more confident on cakez, i hate how he's basically trying to just push past our scumread instead of like, talking against it
i don't think i explained this well but like

his initial callout on our slot was ~fine, his follow-up was ~fine, but then he didn't acknowledge my explanation then voted us later on

and the way he's just calling our push on him bs instead of actually acknowledging it feels wolfy to me

~leaf
Leafeon and Glaceon
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Leafeon and Glaceon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:31 pm

In post 529, Infinity 324 wrote:This is interesting, it might speak to a difference between being annoyed but feeling justified in that and being annoyed (mad) but knowing you're wrong and you have to keep arguing because you're scum. I wonder if that's why I try to stick to things I believe even as scum, channeling that "mad" energy is hard for me
It's neat, people underestimate the nuances of how people like to post as each alignment.
Although who knows how good of a working method anything is when my only town reads are you and Kismet.
In post 548, Nachomamma8 wrote:Can you show me one instance of scum recently pushing a policy lynch? I haven't seen it in a while but I also haven't been active in a while so maybe my experience is a bit skewed.
I haven't played recently but this is almost always a meta thing and not an alignment thing. Unless someone specifically has a meta of being afraid or pro policy lynches as one alignment.
I don't find it's something people take advantage of so all my attempts at fact checking this end up being. "oh this person does this as both alignments."

Other notes:
I should read Cakez over tbh? I am starting to lean town on Nacho just due to the general way he is trying to inquire about certain things. Mena's approach of me is consistent to the one he had in the dance game where I was actually scum, although I efforted in that game like, not at all.... I really just wanted to pair with the IC then leave the dance so the circumstances were different but it's fine. Cakez I was avoiding to read simply because I don't like lynching him day one because it happens to him so often but I don't think that's fair to the rest of the player base since I'd just be giving him a pass because I like him and feel guilty.

~Glaceon
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:32 pm

In post 101, Venus Fly Trap wrote:tbh I'm kind of thinking scum!nacho is getting his buddy NM out of the way so that he can direct a nightkill onto a townie of his choice rather than only being able to kill a miselim-able townie during the day.

- lilith
this is a very succinct version of my thoughts on nacho so far!! i didnt like how he was trying to like... pointfarm nm and i know nacho was saying like "if nm flips scum" etc etc but it felt like so far that nacho almost... knows nm will flip scum? there's confidence in how he posts about it and like, this plan is basically to try and farm up some towncred and then reaping the rewards after knowing that it'll probably be easy to do this? i dont think nm ever obvtowns in a game so it makes this more believable/easy to execute?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

oof
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”