Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by The Bulge »

notty! these pedits are killing me lmao I have never had this many issues with shit not showing up

I'll be online one more time tonight.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 648, Venus Fly Trap wrote:real talk though, the majority of my reads are formed based on how well I can see and understand the other person's view, preferably that person's read on me, because I can pick apart what does make sense (I guess this is @ nacho too for "why is this read such a sticking point" etc etc). I don't mean to come off as like, self-centered but it's way easier to parse people's reads on me and why they are reasonable or unreasonable as town progressions. if I'm having a hard time following and understanding Nacho's reasons for his initial push of NM, his read on our slot, the kind of "agenda" that he's presenting to people for why he acts in certain ways, then I think he's way more likely to be scum based on my own experiences.
This is a great explanation, makes a lot of sense for the way that you've approached me this game.

The struggle that I'm currently having wrt your slot right now especially is that I definitely understand (and even like!) most of your pushes directed towards me whereas skitter feels more like she's trying to win an argument than divine an argument but others aren't seeing it the way that I do.

Thinking that I'm probably wrong about your slot too.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 653, The Bulge wrote:
In post 530, Infinity 324 wrote:@beeboy I know you just said you don't like readslists but scum are gonna figure out who I SR anyway, and I think this is important

{bulge, DC, NM, mom, nacho, cakez}
this is ridiculously partnery as well
What do you think of Infinity separate from their interactions with Lawful & Good?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 774, Kismet wrote:Why do you think i am incapable of coming around on you?
Not that you're incapable. Just feels like a game where I'm getting mislynched or will be fighting for my life the entire game.

Which is something I'm weirdly comfortable with, just hope you/notty will honor my reads vengeful popcorn style after you kill me.

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 778, Nachomamma8 wrote:Not that you're incapable. Just feels like a game where I'm getting mislynched or will be fighting for my life the entire game.
but that's...not what you just said

i don't know. i'm going away for a bit.

i'm still plooked and i don't know how to get unplooked.

i don't get the trying to win an argument vibe from skitter at all. she's very explanation-y and not very argue-y.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 669, Momrangal wrote:INFINITY YOU TOO!
What do you think about the game so far?

What do you make of Nacho and cake going after low ballers right off the bat
Not a fan to your entrance so far.
There's a lot more to me then "going after low ballers" - there's a lot more to my NM push then "going after low ballers" and would be surprised if you as town attacked me without context in this way.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 685, notscience wrote:When I'm talking about scum longevity I am referring to players like myself or infinity who, if scum, would fade out as the game goes on and become increasingly obvious scum. Like after you explained your approach it does make more sense, but at the end of the day NachoMamma can still be down if NachoDaughter and NachoSon have awful interactions with them.
We do have completely different approaches as scum!
Which is why I have a scum game to speak of and you... don't....

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 685, notscience wrote:Aren't you Mr. "Playing Scum is True Freedom"? I mean I do agree that how you are approaching Cakez feels like how you'd approach someone who was scum, but why not apply this in an instance to try and get someone to be more focused on winning over your favor than divining your alignment?
Again, you do something like that to someone you're planning a game around. Cakez isn't that someone.

I'm also not know for being a player who gets angry easily so if I decide to use that tactic in this game I'd want to make sure my position was sympathetic.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 685, notscience wrote:I don’t get how you got from the first to the second, wouldn’t chastising someone for not being good at tone reading imply you think they are town, yet they are in your lowest scumpool?
This is a silly point.
I'm not at a confidence level where I can't acknowledge the possibility of me being wrong on a scumread. I thought it was amusing that both Infinity and Skitter were attacking me for tone and wanted to address them together.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by notscience »

Bork, remind me, what’s the third rule of Cobra Kai Karate?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 685, notscience wrote:Wouldn't that literally be the exact reason scum would do it? That's some shit I would do as scum
Again, my point is that I wouldn't try to policy lynch NM as scum if I actually wanted him dead, not that I wouldn't try to policy lynch NM as scum.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 686, notscience wrote:Hot take: Nacho is planning on dying d1 as scum and bussed all his buddies so they could ride the towncred

I feel like it's coming off I'm tunneling but I'm really looking more for townreads and havent really found a reason to townread him
When you mislynch me, just treat my reads as vengeful popcorn style.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by notscience »

Like mine in popcorn were? >_>
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 693, Kismet wrote:Nacho also can you talk about what led you up to voting L&G? i know you remarked that they had some empty questioning early, but it looked like had a couple points where you were leaning the other way (?) and i'm not sure what happened between that and your vote.
Yeah, I'll get to this after catching up.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 787, notscience wrote:Like mine in popcorn were? >_>
You had the gun. You missed.
If I mislynched you you'd better bet I'd give you the decency of a vengeful popcorn shot.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by notscience »

Yeah I picked the one person out of my four scumreads that was actually town, and then my reads were ignored and my (correct) call that duchess was godfather was ignored

But I don’t care to split hairs about past games. You are doing this fearmongering and I’m not buying what you’re selling
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The rules of vengeful popcorn is that I give you a numbered list and you follow that list until you hit town. Is that something you're willing to do for me if I'm town and you mislynch me here?

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by notscience »

My main point was its hypocritical to ask me to do something you would not do yourself.

My bottom line is I’m going to play this game my way. So far I’ve seen you try to discredit Cakez (and yes I don’t know you well enough to know all that and I’m not pretending to). You’ve now tried to pull ATF with myself and Bork and seem more invested in fearmongering than explaining which reads I *should* sheep you on. If you want me to sheep you then give me a case, give me reasoning, don’t give me this malarkey.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I don't really deadsheep but dead townies' reads have a lot of influence on mine
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 790, notscience wrote:Yeah I picked the one person out of my four scumreads that was actually town, and then my reads were ignored and my (correct) call that duchess was godfather was ignored

But I don’t care to split hairs about past games. You are doing this fearmongering and I’m not buying what you’re selling
If you spent more time generating presence in popcorn and laying down groundwork for your reads you wouldn't have been ignored to the extent you were here.

You (and to a lesser extent Bork) will likely mislynch me even though you should know me better by now, and you will be responsible taking my voice out of the game. I'm asking for you to follow my reads after my death until they steer us wrong, which yes is absolutely something I'd do for you.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Like you dropped a read list and shot someone. You didn't say "Nacho, my reads are on point, follow them if we misshoot here because the rest are solid" - instead, your slot went "welp if I miss I'm lolling in the dead thread". This is much different.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Saying that I'm more interested in fearmongering as opposed to forming and explaining reads is also ridiculous - I have plenty of words this game and most of them are me interacting with people or figuring things out - some of them are me being angry at Cakez, which is an emotion and again is not bad or wrong or scum, and now some of them is frustration because this is a game where I've put a lot of effort in and feel like this is a game where I'm getting solid reads.

I don't feel this way in every game and so if you are the one to take me out of this game then I'm asking that you honor my legacy as a town player you respect and as someone you've seen blow up scumteams in the past. I don't think this is an unreasonable request and if you think it's a request that I wouldn't grant to you if I miynched you Day 1 then you don't know me well at all.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And going "meh Nacho just focus on reads" when you're here dropping Cobra Kai lines on me - no. If you push me then I will react to it - I'm not going to be reasonable on the way down and I'm not going to make the path to my death easy.

And especially when I've put this much effort into a town game you can bet your ass I'm going to take precautions to make sure that the only impact I have on this game isn't just giving scum one point - I will haunt the scumteam from the grave and the only way I'm doing that is through you and bork, for better or for worse.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 699, Kismet wrote:
In post 689, SirCakez wrote:I think The Bulge is town
if there's anything that bothers me about bulge is that he's very obviously been reading but he's chosen to only engage about one thing in particular and that thing is an unflipped association (infinity/l&g) which i'm worried the grounds aren't particularly solid on.

I realize he has Qs for me about infinity which i should responsibly reexamine my read while answering, but that will probably come tonight.
I agree with this concern.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by notscience »

If you are town and we are incorrectly pushing you, who is the scum capitalizing on it? You are townreading all your main pushers as far as I can tell
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”