Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 874, Disaster Cartel wrote:youre forgetting someone in your townreads aha...

- ydra
kismet is also town
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Kismet »

ffery can be town too for those rockin' pagetops.

except that one above. that's mine.
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Disaster Cartel »

):<

- ydra
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by notscience »

Bork I’m very glad we are finally both town together.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm glad that we're all town together too.
I'm sad that y'all won't see it until you kill me.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 878, notscience wrote:Bork I’m very glad we are finally both town together.
tenet didn't quite scratch that itch did it :(
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 879, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm glad that we're all town together too.
don't know what to say man
as usual if i'm wrong you have the requisite mea culpa, and i'll own the bad read.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 871, Nachomamma8 wrote:holding vft to the same level as notsci and infinity is also silly - yes vft is town but those two left their scumranges a long long time ago and skitter hasn't done anything that absurdly town
this post just seems designed to manipulate me. it serves no purpose other than to screw with me. you're basically saying "you're right, but you could be _super_ right and i'm gonna take this piss out of you for it"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 881, Kismet wrote:
In post 879, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm glad that we're all town together too.
don't know what to say man
as usual if i'm wrong you have the requisite mea culpa, and i'll own the bad read.
It's okay!
I'm still having fun, it's kind of fun getting mislynched over people like L&G. And Bulge. And Mom.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by notscience »

No because that game tilted me and I’m feeling it this game.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 882, Kismet wrote:
In post 871, Nachomamma8 wrote:holding vft to the same level as notsci and infinity is also silly - yes vft is town but those two left their scumranges a long long time ago and skitter hasn't done anything that absurdly town
this post just seems designed to manipulate me. it serves no purpose other than to screw with me. you're basically saying "you're right, but you could be _super_ right and i'm gonna take this piss out of you for it"
the main purpose it's serving is that if this game is harder then it looks and you're reanalyzing infinity before vft you're doing something wrong.

every post i make after accepting a day 1 mislynch will also be tinged with a small undertone of spite but i don't feel that's unreasonable for someone in my unique position

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 885, Nachomamma8 wrote:every post i make after accepting a day 1 mislynch will also be tinged with a small undertone of spite but i don't feel that's unreasonable for someone in my unique position
that is your prerogative if town, agreed.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Speaking of which...

POSSIBILITIES FOR SCUM PLAYERS WHO WILL BE SAFEHOUSED AFTER I AM MISLYNCHED, PART 1:

Leaf & Glaceon

In post 40, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:nacho, can you talk me through your thought process on wanting to policy n_m?

~leaf
In post 109, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:hey vft

if you had to vote someone right now and that would decide the elim for today, who would you vote?

~leaf
If I was creating a collage for questions that looked like they were being asked just for the sake of doing
something
, these two would be the centerpiece that I would build it around. While I was taking a sticking my neck out to generate information with the NM policy lynch, Leaf was sitting on the sides and asking questions that had no emotions behind them and whose answers would not help her figure out the game at all.

The question directed towards VFT is especially egregious since Lillith and Skitter both separately expressed scumreads on me and were voting me. Leaf tried to defend this as "hunting for associatives to see which one of NM/Nacho they wanted to kill first" but that still doesn't make sense to me and it shouldn't make sense to you either.
In post 253, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:VOTE: sircakez

i didn't like the catchup

i don't think his reasoning is very thorough and seems to be fairly tailored towards not sticking out in thread state,
plus some of his reactions (specifically @ DC) felt kinda overblown

~leaf
The bolded is the piece that bothers me the most here. Mistyx is one of the most concise and not thorough players I ever met in my life so I can't really see a world where she as town cares that Cakez isn't being thorough enough. The "tailored towards not sticking out in thread state" piece just feels wrong as well, like those kids in college classes who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about but still want to hear their own voices and so they try to dress their points up with ten cent words.

Her explanation on this is like, the epitome of slime:
In post 265, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:all of the reads you mentioned were slots that weren't likely to have a lot of discussion around them - you made reads on every slot except the two top wagons and the 0 poster
Leaf's argument is that Cakez didn't want people challenging his reads so he didn't give reads on the top two wagon, but the top two wagons were me and Not_Mafia and a zero poster. He gave a read on me that Leaf glazed over. No one expects anyone to give a read on Not_Mafia.

This is an example of Leaf fitting reasons to reads that she gives first, which is incidentally exactly what she did when we were partners together in Hedge Fund Mafia.
In post 278, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:
In post 242, Salsabil Faria wrote:
V/LA till 16th April due to health issue.
I'd be voting for this slot if it wasn't for this post ngl.
I find everything they are doing is just them existing and vibing rather than actually playing the game.

Which just reads like scum going through the motions waiting for something easy to grab onto.
I can elaborate in 4 days I guess.
Mom harasses me about going after low-hanging fruit, but this right here is the definition.

And we know beeboy is uncomfortable as scum. So, as a blast from the past, let's look at some examples of IIoA where beeboy talks fun mafia theory instead of scumhunting?

Spoiler: spoiled cuz there's a lot
In post 280, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:if a head forgets to sign assume its me (bee/glaceon) because I am usually really bad at that.

re:Not Mafia talk from early pages. The only benefit to him as an early compromise option is as we get the flip for info and if he is scum he is almost always the first boot in terms of someone the scum team would want to get rid of. But if we simply vote out the scum players they can't free him from the prison known as a mafia game.

And to a super small degree, he is ever so slightly more likely to be town (6-5) so if he is town it would be kinda funny to see if he just gets cleared because scum never removes him from the game. So I guess it boils down to if we have more scum or town reads at the moment in time we want to end the day but letting him live is objectively the funnier approach.

- Glaceon
In post 522, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:I think due to the nature of this setup read lists are bad for town.
Mainly because scum want to eliminate themselves and you'd basically be directing them who to get rid of.

Mind games ect ect.
Town motivation ect ect.
Are both valid arguments against this though as I've had this discussion a few times, I haven't spoke to Mist about this at all.

~Glaceon
In post 526, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:(me expanding on my last post)

This more comes down to my general mafia theory that people who are annoyed are > rand town while people who get mad are > rand scum. This is generally not always true so I never really explain this to people since there is 101 examples of mad town but honestly I find annoyed town is something that is relatively hard to find, and even then it sits on the line of someone who is mad. Which could come down to how I think people tend to react while trying to brainstorm vs trying to fool people. Idk, nor do I care about other peoples opinions on this because wording how I feel about the nuance of peoples emotions is incredibly hard.

~Glaceon
In post 597, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:
In post 529, Infinity 324 wrote:This is interesting, it might speak to a difference between being annoyed but feeling justified in that and being annoyed (mad) but knowing you're wrong and you have to keep arguing because you're scum. I wonder if that's why I try to stick to things I believe even as scum, channeling that "mad" energy is hard for me
It's neat, people underestimate the nuances of how people like to post as each alignment.
Although who knows how good of a working method anything is when my only town reads are you and Kismet.
In post 548, Nachomamma8 wrote:Can you show me one instance of scum recently pushing a policy lynch? I haven't seen it in a while but I also haven't been active in a while so maybe my experience is a bit skewed.
I haven't played recently but this is almost always a meta thing and not an alignment thing. Unless someone specifically has a meta of being afraid or pro policy lynches as one alignment.
I don't find it's something people take advantage of so all my attempts at fact checking this end up being. "oh this person does this as both alignments."

Which, coincidentally, is pretty much all that he's contributed this game! Bonus points for the last quote where beeboy interrupts a conversation that skitter and I were having in order to offer his opinion on policy lynches being personality things as opposed to alignment things, because THAT was useful.
In post 593, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:rowing more confident on cakez, i hate how he's basically trying to just push past our scumread instead of like, talking against it
And I accused skitter of having static reads (he does, but it's okay because so does everyone else), but note how leaf is just continuing to push cakez for nebulous reasons while the thread as a whole is focused on other things. It's harder for scum to take positions and then abandon them for new ones (more stuff to fake, incidentally a reason why I'm incredulous I'm still getting mislynched after pushing half of the game), but I truly believe that Leaf as town (especially a leaf who is townreading me) would make more of an effort to get involved or understand what's actually happening as opposed to being happy hanging out on the edges of the thread.
In post 662, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:
In post 639, Venus Fly Trap wrote:okay nvm I started reading and my brain can't stop

I still think infinity/leafeon interactions feel weirdly weak. infinity's line of questioning on "do you post like this as scum" etc doesn't seem like it's really meant to go anywhere meaningful and ends with her soft-townreading leafeon. I don't see how misty's responses were particularly towny.

- lilith
In post 640, The Bulge wrote:hey wow I was just reading that part and thinking exactly the same thing
what do you two think about kismet's part in the interaction then?

~leaf
I know that I already commented on Leaf's weird questions, but like... what?
If town is being tied to someone who they are also townreading, do you really think that their response is "oh yeah but what about kismet"?

No.

But because I had emotions that people didn't understand I go out to pasture while this goes to safehouse.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

POSSIBILITIES FOR SCUM PLAYERS WHO WILL BE SAFEHOUSED AFTER I AM MISLYNCHED, PART 1:

Momrangal

Was looking forward to playing with Town Momrangal after all this time. Today is not the day.

This is her replacing in as town, which shows her getting engaged with the game almost immediately via reading and offering takes and feeling free and easy versus here where that just flat out didn't happen.

Contrast with Mom scum where she just doesn't post - her entrance to that game included her yelling at the people pushing her and not much else.

As far as her actual in game ISO, there's not a whole lot but I can guarantee that she would have sank her teeth into the game a bit more than asking three times for recaps.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And I thought that I could move on but I can't. This is her ISO.
In post 543, Momrangal wrote:Ego, nice to see you too nacho. Not sure what the lion did but I would love a recap of what's happened!
In post 638, Momrangal wrote:
In post 544, notscience wrote:He claimed Miller can you confirm that please?
Wtf? No, I'm not a Miller I'm a PGO

Long time no see
In post 574, SirCakez wrote:Mom/Braveheart is also #badslot btw
Great way to shit push this slot before I have the chance to do anything. Why are you resorting to this over actually engaging me on what's happened so far? I'm fresh eyes and ears, presumably you would want that
knowing
I can nab scum with notable accuracy.

Unless you have other motives to pushing me off to the side before I can make an impact on the game
In post 643, Momrangal wrote:You guys are all gonna make me read I guess, hmm?
In post 667, Momrangal wrote:
In post 644, notscience wrote:that is typically what you do when you replace into a game, yes :P
But I'm here and I can talk!

Besides you all post fast af. Tell me what do you think about what's happened so far
In post 669, Momrangal wrote:INFINITY YOU TOO!
What do you think about the game so far?

What do you make of Nacho and cake going after low ballers right off the bat
In post 673, Momrangal wrote:
In post 670, The Bulge wrote:hi mom. are you looking for a voice to genuinely catch you up and brainstorm with, or are you doing something else?
Por que no los dos?

Pedit: first NM and now me over the more active voices? It's kinda weird
Have I really played so badly this game where I deserve to go before this...?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

POSSIBILITIES FOR SCUM PLAYERS WHO PROBABLY WILL BE AROUND AFTER I GET MISLYNCHED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ARE LOVING THIS DAY 1, PART 1:

The Bulge

In post 577, The Bulge wrote:I'm not so much talking about an agenda of "yeet N_M first" as I am one of steering the early discussion in an arguably futile direction, and in the process shooting down our momentum before we even take off. I like lilith's theory about scum willingly giving up their own biggest liability in return for a N1 kill, though nm's "I'll never go out first it's just the way it goes" bit rings true to me, and aside from that I've got nothing on the slot atm.
This is a weak point and I know that it's a weak point, but I don't see how VFT makes sense at all in the grouping (me, VFT, mena) that Bulge said was driving conversation in a futile direction, and I think that saying that me or Mena "killed thread momentum" can be argued but requires the darkest of filters. VFT was scumreading me for pushing the NM policy lynch because they thought I was trying to ram through a lynch early so I don't get where they fit into all of this.
In post 582, The Bulge wrote:a solid chunk of this game's discussion is going to be, by nature of the setup, either a heap of useless garbage, or actively harmful to the town.
And again also not a strong point but I don't understand why this game's setup means that everything either hurts town or is useless. I see where it lends to the story of "scum will be pushing an obvious agenda early" but I don't see why town!Bulge ended up here.
In post 642, The Bulge wrote:that whole exchange feels like a good example of the "pointless garbage" point i mentioned before. I have a hard time believing town in infinity's shoes would care at all about that line of questioning, and then to have that exchange flip her read from scum to town is wild to me
In post 653, The Bulge wrote:
In post 530, Infinity 324 wrote:@beeboy I know you just said you don't like readslists but scum are gonna figure out who I SR anyway, and I think this is important

{bulge, DC, NM, mom, nacho, cakez}
this is ridiculously partnery as well
In post 655, The Bulge wrote:it reads to me like you wanted to post a readslist, but didn't want to risk shaking the house of cards you and the two of them had just built.
I don't believe Bulge's Infinity scumread. Pointing out that his line of questioning of Leaf and Glaceon was pointless and awkward is fine (even correct!) but spinning that to a Infinity scumread requires ignoring the rest of her body of work which I don't think happens if Bulge is town. Calling an Infinity-Leaf scumteam based on #530 for the reasons he states is ridiculous and I can more readily believe that he's trying to tie a scumbuddy to a townie than I can believe that this is an actual thought that went through his head.

Overall, Bulge experiences the same problems that L&G does - Bulge doesn't care about the pulse of this game. His observations seem more like college kids talking about Nietzsche while blazed out of their minds than it does about someone who cares about solving the game.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i'm probably too drunk to make another composed post at this point but

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 528, Disaster Cartel wrote:My not thinking it makes sense that I should be townread in general =/= I don’t think nacho shouldn’t be townreading me more and find it kinda weird he isn’t given that I’ve been on a similar trajectory to him but also, importantly, have gotten there on some things before him (like voting leafy). Given that I can’t just be sheeping him bc of that, I find it weird that someone who’s coming to the game from a v similar viewpoint in many ways, he doesn’t see as town
i don't like this from disaster cartel. i find it a frustrating experience as scum when i defend lynchbait (or don't push a townie who everyone is railing against) and they don't townread me back. this looks like this - i don't buy thst mena thinks we're gonna townread each other because we have similar reads

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i also kinda like not mafia's snark directed towards me
and i don't yet think i was incorrect about salsa pre-V/LA.

which means that maybe something's wrong here in paradis island but i won't know whether to panic or not until salsa starts posting again

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i also have used my amazing detective skills to gleam that ydrasse is someone who is super town when they're town

and they are not that here

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

also will be delivering notsci some homework

viewtopic.php?t=85985&f=3&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

this was me in my most recent scumgame. not a great example of what i'm capable of because life ended up kicking me in the teeth fairly early, but you can see how much fun i'm having in that game vs this one. you'll also notice that nacho as scum always makes sure that he's making friends even if he's attacking people whereas as town i'm just trying to figure shit out and that results me in divebombing a lot of people that end up hating me as a result hence this weird town where nacho!town is scumread early but townread late game vs nacho!scum who is townread early but scumread when POE actually closes in

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and i've gone back and forth several times between being okay with dying and being frustrated by being killed because i look town as shit. and i know i've gone over the line a couple of times in my frustration because i'm just being spiteful at this point and it doesn't help my case but this is one of those games where it doesn't make sense to scumread me if you know me. this isn't my scum game.

Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Momrangal »

I forgot the biggest reason for My hatred of hawaii's time zone

WHOS HERE
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

and
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

moof
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”