Newbie 2061 | Views of Tallinn | Town wins

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 249, marcistar wrote:
In post 248, Meuh wrote:The easy way to play this for scum Meuh here would be to vote Ink and defend Catboi, unless you think me and Ink are the team.
Hmm, not sure exactly what I think.. I just thought to mention that you followed so quick after catboi without a doubt.. you said you liked his recent posts, but you have
that
much trust in him..? That stood out when I read it.

are you suggesting you x in3kor is the team :P
Spoiler:
(damn i wish i had my discord emojis on here ;-; but i guess this one will have to do)
I mean this is also an excuse not to play with N_M anymore, which does sound pretty nice.

Yes, me and Ink are the team :cool: :cool:

I have no real issue following Catboi's lead here, I think he looks pretty townlike, and it's not like Pear or Norwee (my other 2 biggest townreads) are making any significant pushes right now.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 249, marcistar wrote:
In post 248, Meuh wrote:The easy way to play this for scum Meuh here would be to vote Ink and defend Catboi, unless you think me and Ink are the team.
Hmm, not sure exactly what I think.. I just thought to mention that you followed so quick after catboi without a doubt.. you said you liked his recent posts, but you have
that
much trust in him..? That stood out when I read it.

are you suggesting you x in3kor is the team :P
Spoiler:
(damn i wish i had my discord emojis on here ;-; but i guess this one will have to do)
I mean this is also an excuse not to play with N_M anymore, which does sound pretty nice.

Yes, me and Ink are the team :cool: :cool:

I have no real issue following Catboi's lead here, I think he looks pretty townlike, and it's not like Pear or Norwee (my other 2 biggest townreads) are making any significant pushes right now.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 250, Meuh wrote:I mean this is also an excuse not to play with N_M anymore, which does sound pretty nice.
poor not_mafia always getting dragged :cry:
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by lendunistus »

Newbie 2061 - Votecount 1.9

Votecount
catboi (2):
iN3krO, Pearofclubs
iN3krO (2):
NorwegianBoyEE, Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia (2):
catboi, Meuh
Toriiiiiiiiiiii (1):
Samawoodo
Not Voting (2):
Toriiiiiiiiiiii and marcistar

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate a player.

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-04-17 15:00:00)

Vote historyMeuh votes Pearofclubs: Post #9
NorwegianBoyEE votes Not_Mafia: Post #10
Samawoodo votes Toriiiiiiiiiiii: Post #15
catboi votes Pearofclubs: Post #45
Not_Mafia votes themselves: Post #46
NorwegianBoyEE votes Meuh: Post #60
iN3krO votes catboi: Post #96
Pearofclubs votes iN3krO: Post #97
Meuh votes catboi: Post #100
NorwegianBoyEE votes iN3krO: Post #125
Pearofclubs votes catboi: Post #134
catboi votes iN3krO: Post #174
Meuh votes Toriiiiiiiiiiii: Post #210
Not_Mafia votes iN3krO: Post #230
catboi votes Not_Mafia: Post #240
Meuh votes Not_Mafia: Post #242

this is the first votecount i’ve done on mobile and it took me about 3 times as much time and effort

i hate it
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by iN3krO »

In post 238, catboi wrote:iN3krO, quick question: you mentioned something about the phases being long, I assume you have experience playing elsewhere?
Yes, I've been playing for the past year. But we usually have 48 hours days.
In post 242, Meuh wrote:1. I like the way Catboi's been playing lately
2. I don't trust myself to make decisions rn, my thoughts are all over the place
3. I'd rather play without N_M over anyone else :lol:

VOTE:
Not_Mafia

Also purely off activity, Ink and Catboi gone, at this game pace and at their activity would just not be great.
Tori was kinda just my natural conclusion of where to vote at first, not very active + I don't feel too strongly on them + there's already a vote there so forming a counter-wagon from Catboi and Ink sounds best on them :cool:
You are townreading all my options, I'm not seeing how could we follow-up on day 2 or what would NM's flip tell us (thought that's what he wants with his gameplan, I think).
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:00 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 254, iN3krO wrote:
In post 238, catboi wrote:iN3krO, quick question: you mentioned something about the phases being long, I assume you have experience playing elsewhere?
In post 242, Meuh wrote:1. I like the way Catboi's been playing lately
2. I don't trust myself to make decisions rn, my thoughts are all over the place
3. I'd rather play without N_M over anyone else :lol:

VOTE:
Not_Mafia

Also purely off activity, Ink and Catboi gone, at this game pace and at their activity would just not be great.
Tori was kinda just my natural conclusion of where to vote at first, not very active + I don't feel too strongly on them + there's already a vote there so forming a counter-wagon from Catboi and Ink sounds best on them :cool:
You are townreading all my options, I'm not seeing how could we follow-up on day 2 or what would NM's flip tell us (thought that's what he wants with his gameplan, I think).
Thing is, you have to weigh the options. N_M flip isn't the most valuable info, but if we don't elim him now, he's just gonna be dragging us down. I can't see the mafia bothering to kill him, even if he is town, and once we reach a point with more info, someone as weird to scumread as him is gonna be rough. Plus with his hammering habits, if we get to a 3v2 and he's town, we can probably say goodbye to the win. :cry:

I don't feel confident we're gonna be hitting scum today, so I'd rather improve the gamestate so we can pick it back up tomorrow, and N_M gone is the best way to do that, essentially. :cool:

As you said, being hard to read by acting constantly jestery is his game style, and I don't see it improving anytime soon, so why not make sure we have a stronger town for tomorrow? Plus I could see him flipping scum. I'm not confident he will, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not really scumreading anyone harshly enough to warrant going for them over N_M here.
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:28 am

Post by Samawoodo »

I have to say, N_M started very townie for me, I don’t understand his lack of posts.

I don’t know him from other games though so I don’t know.

Actually, I’d like to “update” my list of impressions. Catboi more townie for example.

@meuh, I can’t understand why you prefer to lynch N_M over toriii for example (if we just talk about activity).

In fact, your last interactions with Marci makes me wonder about your possible flip (Marci o you I mean), then I remember you mentioned you know each other irl and it calms me a little xD
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 228, marcistar wrote:Samawoodoo you placed a vote on tori in 15, but haven't changed votes at all since then. Is there a reason for this..? Does the vote still hold true to your thoughts on this game as of currently..?
At first it was kinda random as you can guess, he hadn’t posted yet, so it was to force him to speak.

But then, he had weird posts, pointing norwee because his posts were kinda scummy (we asked for them and he didn’t reply), then he said norwee was more townie (norwee has been playing since the beginning townie as fuck)

And then his activity is not the best (trying to be low profile?)

Idk, I don’t have a better option right now for D1
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:34 am

Post by Samawoodo »

Right now I’m ending my break, I’d like to join later and keep posting stuff I saw (and updating my players list)
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:50 am

Post by lendunistus »

Toriiiiiiiiiiii has been prodded.
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

Sorry!
I'm sorry. Had a busy couple of days and the game slipped my mind every time I could actually play.
I'll get caught up and put in some work today :p
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:12 am

Post by catboi »

In post 254, iN3krO wrote:
All right, was trying to get a sense for your familiarity with the game. Do you normally find it difficult to form reads on day 1?
In post 256, Samawoodo wrote:I have to say, N_M started very townie for me, I don’t understand his lack of posts.
This is pretty much his playstyle and you just have to deal with it. That being said, I think based on slight indicators from what he's chosen to say + other people seeming townie, there's a decent chance he could flip mafia.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:14 am

Post by catboi »

marcistar:
I notice you haven't made a vote yet. You should make one soon. We need to get wagons going.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:42 am

Post by catboi »

In post 254, iN3krO wrote:You are townreading all my options, I'm not seeing how could we follow-up on day 2 or what would NM's flip tell us (thought that's what he wants with his gameplan, I think).
I think the way people position themselves around the NM vote will provide information should we choose to flip him. I don't mind you scumreading me, but do you believe you'd somehow gain more information by flipping me, for instance?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:46 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 254, iN3krO wrote:I'm not seeing how could we follow-up on day 2 or what would NM's flip tell us (thought that's what he wants with his gameplan, I think).
I agree with what in3kros saying here, the not_mafia wagon just seems icky to me tbh...
meuh & catboi, is ur plans to base the next day off the nk..? I don't think a not_mafia flip would give much.. no matter what he flips, I don't see a useful piece of info from him.

Meuh's - I feel like not_mafia gets more serious as the game needs it... unless if im remembering wrong..?
:shifty: this just seems like too easy of an elim to be going for.
In post 262, catboi wrote:
marcistar:
I notice you haven't made a vote yet. You should make one soon. We need to get wagons going.
Well this is facts :dead:
I didn't really feel hella confident in anyone being scum earlier (like i had scum reads, but i wasn't confident in them...), Idk where to go :cry: I wanna make a vote that I think is scum instead of just going onto a wagon for the sake of an elim.. but with votes this spread out, i don't really see reactions to being voted..
I think despite what I want to do, that I should just stick within the already being voted because thats what'll be best for town.

Do you have suggestions..? I wanna hear whats the ideas of other people first... but I have a rough idea of what vote I would make.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I kinda wonder if my townreads are shit cus this gamestate is really bad.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:59 am

Post by catboi »

In post 264, marcistar wrote:I agree with what in3kros saying here, the not_mafia wagon just seems icky to me tbh...
meuh & catboi, is ur plans to base the next day off the nk..? I don't think a not_mafia flip would give much.. no matter what he flips, I don't see a useful piece of info from him.
Again, same question to you: Do you believe there's someone else who flipping is supposed to provide more information?

I also must stress again I think there's a legitimate chance he is scum here, or I wouldn't be pushing this. I think there's subtle differences in the way he plays. I accept that I'll be suspect if I'm wrong on this.
In post 264, marcistar wrote:Well this is facts :dead:
I didn't really feel hella confident in anyone being scum earlier (like i had scum reads, but i wasn't confident in them...), Idk where to go :cry: I wanna make a vote that I think is scum instead of just going onto a wagon for the sake of an elim.. but with votes this spread out, i don't really see reactions to being voted..
I think despite what I want to do, that I should just stick within the already being voted because thats what'll be best for town.

Do you have suggestions..? I wanna hear whats the ideas of other people first... but I have a rough idea of what vote I would make.
This is understandable, but we're running out of time and a decision has to be made because eliminating someone is better than eliminating no one. You're not always going to have anyone that stands out as obviously scummy, sometimes you have to take a guess and hope for the best.

(I'm someone who likes to always have a vote down if I can and be pushing someone, but I know people who prefer to hold their vote and are able to make it work. Looking at your other games you don't vote that often so it's not suspicious, at least).

Additionally, if you're struggling to find scumreads, wouldn't it make sense that the likely explanation is that scum are in the people who haven't talked as much and provided things to read them by?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Meuh
I scumread you initially.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Just vote the people that say an N_M wagon is good, and you'll flip scum.
Works everytime.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And i think this "scum just don't talk at all and are inactive lol" read is pretty lazy and could just be scum saying it cus a lot of town are afk.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 255, Meuh wrote:As you said, being hard to read by acting constantly jestery is his game style, and I don't see it improving anytime soon, so why not make sure we have a stronger town for tomorrow? Plus I could see him flipping scum. I'm not confident he will, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not really scumreading anyone harshly enough to warrant going for them over N_M here.
Like this is just so bleeeeh. Feels like scum!Meuh sweet talking us into that juicy mislim.

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:10 am

Post by catboi »

In post 268, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Just vote the people that say an N_M wagon is good, and you'll flip scum.
Works everytime.
In post 269, NorwegianboyEE wrote:And i think this "scum just don't talk at all and are inactive lol" read is pretty lazy and could just be scum saying it cus a lot of town are afk.
Shrug, I will keep repeating until I'm blue in the face that I think there's an actual chance he's mafia here. I don't think it's a lazy read when I've tried to look at other players and have townreads elsewhere. I do have Meuh as a suspect as well so it's not like I'd oppose a vote there, though. What do you think of in3 right now?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

But it is a fact that when N_M is town mafia that are unfamiliar with his playstyle are extremely likely to want to try to make us flip him. N_M is super flipbait if town here. And sure, that's annoying. But i feel like Meuh isn't really being genuine with their N_M push.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why do you think there's an actual chance he's mafia here as oppposed to just usual flipbait N_M?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 271, catboi wrote:What do you think of in3 right now?
Tbh, town. And that's partly the reason why i'm trying to make the game go in another direction.

- Bunno

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”