Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-15

Nachomamma8
(3): Venus Fly Trap, Infinity 324, Kismet
Leafeon and Glaceon
(2): Disaster Cartel, Nachomamma8
Momrangal
(2): notscience, SirCakez
SirCakez
(1): Leafeon and Glaceon
notscience
(1): The Bulge
Not_Mafia
(1): Not_Mafia
Disaster Cartel
(1): Salsabil Faria

Not Voting
(1): Momrangal

Deadline: April 26, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-04-25 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Salsabil Farai is v/la until April 16
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 948, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 946, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly I'm not too interested in sorting L&G at this point
Trust me, I can tell.

This is what tunneling looks like. You're not giving my posts or my points a fair shake because you think that I am scum. You are ignoring what I am doing because you think that I am scum.
Not ignoring your posts, they keep pinging me
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I could get into my "how do I know how confident to be" thing but basically, it's more common that I have a correct early scumread but drop the read than I have a wrong SR and don't re-evaluate.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 15, Venus Fly Trap wrote:if we just do this early on and he's town and we flip him we just let scum jettison their weakest player, and if he's scum and we flip him we just lose our strongest player
(and honestly in most universes depending on who the scumteam is that's like ... my slot or yours)
so like
In post 17, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i mean true, but nacho's post had this 'ugh might as well just do it and get it over with' vibe which i think would just exacerbate/compound that problem, esp. given we're talking abt not mafia

actually i'm gonna vote VOTE: nacho

kismet have i played with u before?

~ skitter
I like Skitter's opening vote on me. I think I'd be an odd target for her to go after initially (and as scum I think she might be hesitant in pushing against the clique early), and not voting me immediately looks like a genuine thought process unfolding as in she pointed out something she disliked then decided to ramp it up to a vote after processing it.
In post 101, Venus Fly Trap wrote:tbh I'm kind of thinking scum!nacho is getting his buddy NM out of the way so that he can direct a nightkill onto a townie of his choice rather than only being able to kill a miselim-able townie during the day.

- lilith
Lilith's perspective here seemed like a genuine one. For me, this adds a bit of depth to skitter's initial push on me.
In post 127, Venus Fly Trap wrote:I actually think notsci has a halfway decent scumgame. At leasy the last one i played with him i was townreading him for a fair amt of it

Kismet i have two more guesses for you

Also nacho's last post was, uh, not very good

I agree with the infinity townreads too btw

Pedit interesting
~ skit
This post was in reaction to my initial notscience push.

I don't like that it was presented as vague dislike and that skitter didn't explain what she disliked about it - this was an opportunity for skitter to develop the push beyond "I don't like the NM push" and it was an example of me doing something outside of the NM push but she just didn't do it.
In post 192, Venus Fly Trap wrote:Its probably like infinity > kismet > mena > notci if i had to rank it
Skitter, is there a reason you were townreading mena other than him getting frustrated at NM policy lynch not falling through?
I also don't understand why his frustration makes him more likely to be town - I think that while as scum he wouldn't have the same sense of urgency to drive through the NM policy lynch (since he views it as a protown move) he would still be frustrated by people saying that policy lynching NM was dumb because they are attacking genuine thoughts that Mena has regardless of alignment.

I didn't really love lilith taking the conversation back to the NM policy lynch in 284 when we'd moved past it by then, especially when I don't think anyone had the thought process of "let's kill NM over someone we actually scumread" at that point. I'm less bothered by the "Nacho said he liked something about us but we're still in his scumpool" point then I was before (part because of lilith clarification post and part because Mena did the same thing), but it's still an odd perspective to take - don't think it's unreasonable at all for me to like one thing about a slot and then not end up with a townread on them.
In post 284, Venus Fly Trap wrote:re: opinion on Nacho, like I said I don’t understand how someone comes to the conclusion that NM is the most valuable elim we can make D1. I don’t buy that this is a genuine town thought process from nacho. I think it’s more likely that nacho is trying to sacrifice a buddy to an elim so that he gets to direct an NK than scum!nacho trying to miselim the LHF town!NM so that he can sacrifice someone on his team who is presumably more valuable to his team than NM is to town. why ever go after such LHF like that when you have to sacrifice a partner for it? ergo, scumbuddies.
And I don't like this in particular when it should have been clear that I wasn't only interested in lynching NM.
In post 285, Venus Fly Trap wrote:The infinity / leafeon interaction on like page 6 also felt really floppy

this is likely the extent of my contribution to the thread for the day.

@salsa hope you feel better

- lilith
I'd like to hear more about this. Why did it feel floppy? What are your reads on both? How does this affect your reads on them?
In post 298, Venus Fly Trap wrote:you're literally ignoring me, so you can stop pretending that you're trying to read me whatsoever. "waiting on Lilith to give town pings" okay well how exactly are you doing that if you're not even reading my posts, and in particular the parts of those posts that are addressed to you?
Liked the tone here.

314 which has skitter talking to Cakez seems like her genuinely trying to reach out to Cakez to me.
In post 333, Venus Fly Trap wrote:huh she actually has a wider range than i would have guessed, with decent tone + activity
but she's kinda trending towards short declaritive statements/questions and not as much like 'in the moment trying to sort out what she's thinking' if that makes sense. she's almost more definitive/assertive in this scumgame than in the towngame i saw her in.
i was kinda liking her before and still think beeboy's take is kinda bad and like the opposite from how she ought to be read but i'm not as confident as i was before

~ skitter
I liked this approach to salsa. Salsa is one of those who if town scum will almost certainly need to mislynch to win the game so I like making that path harder here.
In post 479, Venus Fly Trap wrote:Also what i saw of nacho's response to cakez felt bad. Nacho your tone is like just super super super off and that whole convo with cakez felt really weird on both ends, but you especially felt stilted/unnatural. There's something fucky going on in that pair. I'd bet good money on at least one scum, if not both. If i had to pick just one i'd say nacho tho cuz sircakez did have a few ok posts last night
Don't love this. I understand skitter's reasons for disliking us individually but there's no good reason there has to be one scum between in that if Cakez is getting suspicion when I flip town then I'll be more frustrated than I am now which is hard to imagine.
In post 545, Venus Fly Trap wrote:well, i mean, maybe don't have bad tone? i'm not really sure the problem is with me when two different people said the same thing now
I understand why you would be bothered by me in the way that you are. I kind of expected that we'd clash when playing together as town, so it's no surprise that we're clashing here. The tone piece is something that is unusual for me full stop, and I do believe that it is a mistake to go "your emotions are weird and I don't understand them, you are scum" basically 100% of the time which is what I feel is happening wrt people having problems with the way that I approached Cakez this game.
In post 559, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i wish me and mena were posting at the same time so that i can sort him

~ skitter
I like Skitter's general play around trying to sort mena and multiple attempts to pull mena into the thread.
In post 648, Venus Fly Trap wrote:
In post 642, The Bulge wrote:that whole exchange feels like a good example of the "pointless garbage" point i mentioned before. I have a hard time believing town in infinity's shoes would care at all about that line of questioning, and then to have that exchange flip her read from scum to town is wild to me
yeah I think I agree

sorry I didn't mean to spout pointless garbage ._. I was just feeling FOMO for the exciting conversation about NM and wanted to give my two cents but it was like a million pages too late

real talk though, the majority of my reads are formed based on how well I can see and understand the other person's view, preferably that person's read on me, because I can pick apart what does make sense (I guess this is @ nacho too for "why is this read such a sticking point" etc etc). I don't mean to come off as like, self-centered but it's way easier to parse people's reads on me and why they are reasonable or unreasonable as town progressions. if I'm having a hard time following and understanding Nacho's reasons for his initial push of NM, his read on our slot, the kind of "agenda" that he's presenting to people for why he acts in certain ways, then I think he's way more likely to be scum based on my own experiences.
Liked this post a lot as I said before.

Skitter frustration in 814 is very good if faked as scum. As I've said a number of times before and will say a number of times in the future so that hopefully it sticks when I flip town, but it's really stupid to look at someone's emotion,
especially
when you don't know them, and say that because you don't understand the emotion it is scummy. Cakez didn't just tunnel me one time in Popcorn Mafia, he tunneled me in family and rogue one and others that I'm too lazy to dredge up now. My experience in Popcorn Mafia wrt Cakez was miserable because not only did I have to deal with him not reading up and basically making up reasons to scumread us, but I was also dealing with Tammy's frustration and anger while trying to bottle up my own. I have no grudge against Cakez, hence why I'm comfortable playing with him again, but because of Popcorn Mafia, whenever he tries to push me he's going to get a very aggressive response. This wouldn't be the case if I didn't have respect for him - doesn't bother me if someone's pushing me for dumb reasons and I don't give a shit about them but Cakez and I have played together often enough and Cakez is a good enough player where pushing me every. single. game. is something that I'm not putting up before.

And I understand when people who are unfamiliar with me push against me for using emotions in a manipulative way because I am not at all shy about expressing them in thread and I'm not shy doing things like asking people to give me time or telling people that they're making me frustrated or whatever. I understand why you think I shouldn't care about it because it's months in the past and no it's not something that I think about on a frequent basis and it's not something that bothers me on a macro level but Cakez should know by now that he tends to scumread me so everytime he comes charging in at me he will get horns. If bork or notsci end up pushing me in the next game we end up playing together with the same level of confidence their doing here they will get an amount of venom - doesn't mean I have anything against them and doesn't mean they won't have the right to push me, just means that I'm making sure that they learned something about me from mislynching me.
In post 814, Venus Fly Trap wrote:b) like i have a general vibe of what your towngame is supposed to be and true it's not firsthand but how you're interacting with sircakez here is not really fitting that paradigm.
This is just silly though and while it might have worked with Murdercat in the past this is something that will frequently let you down.
In post 822, Venus Fly Trap wrote:following the general popular ones and everyone bad and below are gonna be easier pushes than the people at the top
This is... unfair. The only reasons that your reads or bork's reads or notsci's reads don't look incredibly opportunistic is because they include me at the top. I do think that town has done a good job of finding each other this game and I think that scum has done a poor job worming their way in. This would make sense if you thought one of my townreads was wrong, but as far as I'm aware, you do not.
In post 848, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i'm gonna be honest i don't *think* nacho is trying to tilt you via ate but i think he may be trying to capitalize on your friendship (which i'm assuming you have to some extent from how you're talking? idk maybe i misread that bit) or at the very least on how you view his towngame and past shared games to get you to back off him via the whole 'let's do what we should have done in popcorn mafia and will you commit to sheeping my reads after i flip' thing
(and i already mentioned why i think that's bad in that he doesn't really have any reads strong enuf that would be worth sheeping like that just now anyways)

pedit yeah i already called out this his reads suddenly look like everyone else's >.>

~ skitter
I'm trying to capitalize on our friendship to get him to listen to me after I die.
If I was trying to get him to back off then I would have asked him to back off.

The vengeful plan in particular is one that I followed from a Team Mafia game a while back:
In post 2117, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 2096, Nachomamma8 wrote:My personal death list is:

Sotty ---> Kagami ---> GreyICE ---> Zar.

Are you going to follow those names when I flip town, Grey?
These are my four names. If your post doesn't say "yes, I will follow those in order until one flips town", you shouldn't be posting. Give teammates time to catch up, you've chosen your lynch for the day.
This game I don't feel it's necessary, but I was feeling nice and melodramatic when I posted it, so...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I do think that VFT is likely town here; if they're scum, they're playing a fantastic game here. The only reason I think they need to be held outside of NS/Bork/Infinity/Cakez is because Skitter's scumgame from what I've heard is absolutely fantastic. Unlikely she's putting in a scummy-level performance here but being burnt out as scum recently doesn't mean that she's incapable of breaking out here - I've been pretty burnt out on town recently but here for whatever reason I feel engaged.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 814, Venus Fly Trap wrote:ok soooo you're basically telling me that you're so pissed off at sircakez for something that happened two months ago that you insta-scumread him and are aggressive abt it in a way that doesn't match anything he actually did here, in this game. and that that's a more likely explanation than you just deciding he was an easy place to push here and thus doing so - at a time in the game where iirc several other people were suspicious of him as well
And I am surprised you don't understand where I'm coming from here, at all.

Like if the game started and bork and notsci and I are instantly townread each other and scumread you and started pushing you, you're telling me it wouldn't piss you off just a bit?

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 953, Nachomamma8 wrote:I like Skitter's opening vote on me
i feel like you said the opposite in
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Kismet »

also i basically don't know what you're even doing right now
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 952, Infinity 324 wrote:I could get into my "how do I know how confident to be" thing but basically, it's more common that I have a correct early scumread but drop the read than I have a wrong SR and don't re-evaluate.
Letting scum that you caught early and having a wrong sr and failing to re-evaluate are both different sides of the same coin - just means that you are prioritizing the wrong information.

In this circumstance I know that I'm not blameless - I played up my desire for the NM lynch early more than I should because I thought it would generate discussion and I should have realized that my approach to Cakez would ping notsci and bork.

But I have put in the work to talk about what I think and why I think it. I think that my game play doesn't make sense as a whole for scum, especially since the prevailing idea seems to be that I'm just bussing the hell out of my team because it makes sense for me to post basically 200 times in a day and not advance my scum agenda at all. I think that notsci and bork should both know me well enough to know that this is not how my approach to the game looks at all if I'm scum here.

I don't deserve what I'm getting here.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 956, Kismet wrote:
In post 953, Nachomamma8 wrote:I like Skitter's opening vote on me
i feel like you said the opposite in
I did not.

That's all you got out of that wall?

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 959, Nachomamma8 wrote:That's all you got out of that wall?
did i say that? it stuck out at me as inconsistent w/ your previous positions
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 960, Kismet wrote:
In post 959, Nachomamma8 wrote:That's all you got out of that wall?
did i say that? it stuck out at me as inconsistent w/ your previous positions
you didn't say it, but i don't think it's an unfair assumption to make whenever i post a wall and someone reacts to exactly one thing.

i don't know why you'd care if it was consistent or not. the power of rereading is sometimes you see things in a different light than you do when you're just snap reacting to something.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 957, Kismet wrote:also i basically don't know what you're even doing right now
i'm rereading vft and disaster.

what do you think that i should be doing right now?

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nacho I'm not sure what to tell you, I'm not even just continuing to SR you for the same reasons from early on because you continue to post things that look scummy to me. It's just not worth it to go into that because you're not going to change my mind. I'm not exactly sure what scum!you is supposed to do if me/bork/notsci/VFT are all town, you tried to push VFT and it didn't take. And for everyone else, I don't know who you're bussing and not (though I have some ideas) and I'll figure it out when you flip scum. If you're town, I'm sorry and I'll re-evaluate my view of the game and heavily weight your reads because I know you're a good player and you'll be confirmed town to me then. I just don't see that happening atm.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Kismet »

just wondering what that vft wall was apropos of.

It almost seems to me like you think if you just over-effort you'll clear some kind of "ok he's town" bar.

I'd rather some others get in here and the high volumes can interact w the low volumes when they do.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Kismet »

maybe that's unfair of me.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 961, Nachomamma8 wrote:you didn't say it, but i don't think it's an unfair assumption to make whenever i post a wall and someone reacts to exactly one thing.
i already agree that vft is town.

but again you lambasted me for having them in the top tier of reads along ns last night and then you come out with this basically glowing endorsement and i just don't know what to think other than this is just the WIFOM olympics at this point for later
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Kismet »

In post 966, Kismet wrote:but again you lambasted me for having them in the top tier of reads along ns last night and then you come out with this basically glowing endorsement and i just don't know what to think other than this is just the WIFOM olympics at this point for later
eh i retract this. there's some mixed stuff in there.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Kismet »

ok i went into that wall with the idea that you were going to talk them up for purposes of trying to confuse me later. rereading while on a call i missed the mark on the intent and i apologize. I don't mind what you're doing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 963, Infinity 324 wrote:you tried to push VFT and it didn't take.
You're not the first person to say this but it's not correct.

If I was scum here I would be pushing townies to die. People can disagree with me and I'd still push for townies to die because playing scum is all about cracking trust and breaking down townblocks. Like in Order of the Stick when I got edged out pretty harshly by a solid townblock I kept pushing at people like Wisdom even though it wasn't popular because you need to push mislynches to win as scum. Here ESPECIALLY I would only need to kill one townie in order to safehouse myself so I can guarantee that I would get that one townie lynched.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think L&G are town so yeah

Also was I in order of the stick?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 161, Disaster Cartel wrote:Probably bc I slept like an hour and a half from 11 until after midnight and have spent most of the night losing in teamfight tactics

Also because I literally, like actually literally had to have this argument in JK9++, let it go, we got shitwagoned for the trouble and then NM was scum all along

Do u see why this is frustrating to have to run through again? Im not getting why the setup is so different that it’s not worth it

-Mena
I think that Mena's early policy push on NM is as alignment-neutral as it gets. If he tried hard to do it in a recent game and someone else tries to do it here he's basically obligated to do it again. His frustration seems genuine, but I think that frustration would exist regardless of his alignment here as a sort of emotional residue from last game.
In post 198, Disaster Cartel wrote:I wasn’t pissed at you I was just a bit frustrated that EVERYONE was shooting it down

bc I have no baseline or any idea of who it is and that inherently makes me slightly +sus unless it’s hectic (which it apparently isn’t)

I’m not SRing them, I just feel uneasy with the slot

-Mena
Seems like a strange callout from the perspective of "I want to work with skitter and skitter seems to be clearing someone too early for me". Mena later argues that this is a setup where scum are encouraged to townread each other but Mena wasn't scumreading skitter at this point and didn't really have a read or any input whatsoever on Kismet so doesn't really make sense from a town perspective.
In post 401, Disaster Cartel wrote:VOTE: leafy and glacey

-Mena
Mena, why did you vote L&G here?
I do like the vote but am bothered by the vote immediately followed by talking about how scum won't want to bus this game. >.>
In post 447, Disaster Cartel wrote:Seems hella convenient that you’re sussing me when I’m like the only one who hasn’t been happy to rubberstamp you as town, kismet!

-Mena
Don't love this post. Progression of this was "I don't really have a townread on Kismet but I'm not townreading him either" to pushing him and kicking him to lean scum here.
In post 467, Disaster Cartel wrote:Skitt herself is like... I normally townbin her D1 but I’m not doing so here because of the weird ratio. I feel like she’s not particularly playing to an agenda, although her defending NM has been twigging me slightly as has her lack of paranoia on me and early town
Why were you leaning town on her in your readslist then?
In post 528, Disaster Cartel wrote:My not thinking it makes sense that I should be townread in general =/= I don’t think nacho shouldn’t be townreading me more and find it kinda weird he isn’t given that I’ve been on a similar trajectory to him but also, importantly, have gotten there on some things before him (like voting leafy). Given that I can’t just be sheeping him bc of that, I find it weird that someone who’s coming to the game from a v similar viewpoint in many ways, he doesn’t see as town
Before #508 when Disaster asked why he was so low in my reads, the main thing he engaged with is the NM policy lynch, the L&G read, Kismet scumread, Notsci townread. I also engaged with NM policy lynch, the L&G read, the notsci townread, but I was townreading Kismet, I was pushing Cakez and VFT whereas Mena didn't have a lot to say about them. So yes we were on similar trajectories but I don't understand why Mena thought I should've been townreading him here as town but as scum can definitely see him trying to get a possible mislynch to townread him.
In post 598, Disaster Cartel wrote:
In post 101, Venus Fly Trap wrote:tbh I'm kind of thinking scum!nacho is getting his buddy NM out of the way so that he can direct a nightkill onto a townie of his choice rather than only being able to kill a miselim-able townie during the day.

- lilith
this is a very succinct version of my thoughts on nacho so far!! i didnt like how he was trying to like... pointfarm nm and i know nacho was saying like "if nm flips scum" etc etc but it felt like so far that nacho almost... knows nm will flip scum? there's confidence in how he posts about it and like, this plan is basically to try and farm up some towncred and then reaping the rewards after knowing that it'll probably be easy to do this? i dont think nm ever obvtowns in a game so it makes this more believable/easy to execute?
One thing that makes me doubt DC scum is the fact that they started out with the NM push then moved to L&G and then sort of drifts back to NM scum... If they are scum then there are posts like ^this^ which lends me to think that they are taking a pretty bus heavy approach.
In post 683, Disaster Cartel wrote:i should be asleep but i skimmed, and i actually like 523/524, i feel like... that sort of read on infinity’s psyche is ablot harder to fake as scum than it is to talk about the contents of the reads themselves. at least i don’t think i would go down that path?

to be honest i wanted to be lazy and read beeboy off of activity because i was in that dance game he mentioned too and saw his inaction in action :>

- ydra
I agree that beeboy's take there is good but I don't think calling someone town for being annoyed is something that's particularly difficult to do as scum.
In post 827, Disaster Cartel wrote:i have some thoughts about nacho mainly moreso than lg because lg gave me like... one good thing from them but i am also in a tft game right now so they'll come after
I don't really understand why you're scumreading me here. I first of all don't understand why you think that I was confident that Not_Mafia would flip scum (I don't think I gave that impression like at all?), and I understand disliking the policy push for NM thing but that's already been hashed out in thread multiple times. Do you not have an opinion on the rest of my play?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 970, Infinity 324 wrote:I think L&G are town so yeah

Also was I in order of the stick?
You were.

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ok I'm just not gonna look at the last few pages or any new posts this time

these are partially based on random notes I took mainly of the first 10 pages, sorry for any disproportionate amounts of Old Shit but I mean the game's only been on 3 days and 35 pages is really not that much

VFT
has mainly been catching my attention in their relationship with nacho. my earliest impression of this was with , where I felt skitter was extrapolating a lot of discussion points out of nacho from one very brief post. this is arguably the post that really kicks the not_mafia discussion off in the direction it persisted (nacho's and kismet's earlier comments lack the same depth) so it's stuck with me in all my reading, especially with my theory in mind of scum taking advantage of their unique opportunity in this setup to take a near-majority control of the discussion. I had a gut feeling at first that this could be partner-indicative, but lilith taking a completely different approach in her assessment of the slot in makes me think otherwise. Nacho had a good point in , the idea that he'd dedicate the entirety of his scumgame to yeeting not_mafia and then dip is ridiculous, and the response bottom of doesn't make sense to me? Kismet's post was specifically about scum winning an all-in 1v1 and then self-yeeting to avoid any fallout. Why reach out (in ) over such a superficial connection if skitter's only concern was about tunneling? nothing else stands out to me on its own, save a couple posts where I thought "huh weird", but nothing I think is ultimately alignment indicative, and overall their play isn't overtly townie but I think I feel alright about this slot.

Salsabil
is obviously a tricky slot to sort, since all that's really there is the weird leap in logic wrt kismet having played the setup before. I can't put a finger on whether this is a case of massively overblown paranoia or of grasping at straws (probably both if town tbh), but I think it would be extra weird for scum.

Kismet
has been notably opposed to the "nm agenda" since the start, and has been otherwise concerned with the overall health of the game on several occassions. his thoughts on the game flow freely and naturally and do not sound the least bit contrived, and he presents them in an organized but casual manner.

Infinity
seems to be universally townread and I don't recall a reason given aside from meta, which I don't recall even being elaborated upon. nothing she's done has impressed me so if anyone is townreading her off the strength of her content in this game I would like to see some specific quotes and explanations pls, I feel like people are acting like it should just be obvious. One problem I have with infinity is how she assigns her reads. a lot of them read to me like she's already decided where on her list a slot would be best placed, and is justifying that after the fact. for example she calls nacho scummy in , but says she's a sucker for how he asked her directly about her read. shortly after, she says "someone scumpost", implying no scumreads. this example is early enough that on its own strength, I'd probably ignore it. but compare to posts like , , , . it's subtle, but I think can help illustrate what Im saying even though I don't think it's necessarily a good example. it's like, how are you deciding the difference between what's Scum acting Townie, and what's Town being Scummy. obviously this is just a part of scumhunting, but it feels to me like infinity's process misses a step. most of the reasons she gives are "town/scum often do this" or "this person does this as town/scum", but it feels like she gets to decide when her own theory/meta statements actually apply. There's nothing tying the conclusions to the concessions madein those posts I linked, or explaining why those reasons didn't ultimately factor into the final read. she's given a couple excuses, mostly early on, as to why her reads might be off this game, and on top of all that, a few odd posts stand out to me on their own. is weird because if she agrees with what kismet is saying, how is the comment about site meta at all relevant? is also pointless, not to mention categorically false ("idk how scum think" is such a bizarre thing to say!!!). is insane and has to be fake, what do you mean you don't believe skitter's mood would have changed since "just a few days ago"????? looks like TMI on vft, how can you say "it doesn't look like that was correct"? yea not the scummiest slot in the whole world but it's super weird everyone is townbinning her, and she has been one of the slots giving me the most consistent pings.

Large / Grand
The presentation of is awkward; the wording is contrived as hell, and that it's not addressed to any specific head feels intentionally vague. at its core it feels like a question purely for scum info, like preparation for some kind of posturing. Mistyx's willingness to draw attention to beeboy's absence early on is easily WIFOM. she slips up in pretty hard though, why would beeboy specify to his hydra partner that he'd actually play this game except after receiving a red PM? the slot's first move doesn't really come til , which is weak and feels opportunistic. and anything in between shows no evolution of the cakez read at all, only arbitrarily stating it's growing stronger, but there is no effort to figure out the slot or engage meaningfully, they're just saying words. The associatives I'm seeing between this slot and infinity are strengthened by beeboy's , which talks about those 2 Infinity posts as if they directly pertain to the game rather than the general theory posts they are. beeboy's content is obviously all filler, blatantly avoiding any meaningful contact with the game, and mistyx's attitude towards him doesn't feel like town frustration at all.

notscience
hasn't made a huge splash in the game so far, but I would probably be suspicious if he was putting himself front and centre trying to keep a hold on the reins of the game. most of what he's done so far is reach out to familiar players, and present theories and takes as non-sequiturs, all par for the course. I'm not a big fan of his nacho case. I think town notty would be more likely to want to assume a more assertive role in the town, but that could be affected by playerlist. I think with fewer players who know him, notty would feel more comfortable and free to break from his usual posting style. most of what he's done so far is give reads and push suspicions. I don't like the way he throws his vote around. I would expect town notty to be a little more meek in a way. he hasn't done much apart from replying to direct questions, and asking his own, but he only follows up in the moment and rarely comes back to past conversations. however, I do appreciate the consistency with which he maintains his lines of questioning ever after a lilt in discussion. The wall on nacho is pretty convincing. notty hasn't done anything this game except throw down votes and vibe with his friends. If he were scum I think he'd see an opportunity in this setup to take more control of the game's trajectory. I don't think we need to worry about this slot, but I have my eye on him.

Disaster Cartel
is a huge concern for me because mena's early posts are riddled with weakass logic and fake emotion, and then he just dipped from the game. acts like it's relevant to this game, when that entire huff about NM is, imo, nothing but mena taking advantage of recency bias to try to push an NM elim thru. He's managed to drag past AtE from completed games into this one to justify this early push (this becomes especially apparent by , though the whole push is dripping with this weird misplaced aggressive energy), and somehow you lot are letting it slide? is a mind-bogglingly atrocious strategy, and absolute shit logic in a 5v7. I'm sure Mena is a better player than that. I think it was a perspective slip. overall, mena's posting feels slimey (for example, check the weakass shade thrown at kismet in ), and ydra feels like she's had her hand held (probably by both town and scum tbh) up to the point of comfort she's at now. Need more from mena but I don't like basically anything this slot has proposed.

Nacho
doesn't get a blurb here just yet, because I need to just get this fucking wall out, and nacho has a big intimidating iso and I feel like his more recent content of the last few pages deserves some attention. I also think nacho's role in this game is central enough that anyone making a serious solve attempt rn needs to look at
why
OR
why not
he is a part of that solve. obviously this is more fruitful with more flips. for now I'll say I'm feeling extremely wary of nacho. strong lean scum.

Momrangal
reads to me like she is just utterly and completely lost and has been since her subbing in. I don't think the idea that a scumteam wouldn't let one of their own be so openly useless holds water in this setup. normally a partner might swoop in for some help in a situation like this, but I think if mom is scum then her partners don't want to touch the slot with a ten foot pole. needs more content.

SirCakez
has given me good vibes this game, which like never happens. is the only post I have in my notes for him, and only because I felt it had a certain townie energy/eagerness to it. I'm gonna be careful with this slot but for now I'm willing to let him slide.

Not_Mafia
I mean, at this point I at least hope nobody still thinks this is even close to a viable option today. If Menalque reappears I'd like his thoughts, actually.

TO DO:
-read nacho v vft
-prompt for more hand-holding re:infinity UTR
-look closer at cakez's body of work, maybe compare to past games where I misread him

remind me to stop promising effort like that lol
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by The Bulge »

//current solve that I'll have in mind next time I do a read-thru:
LG, DC, Infinity, Nacho, Mom roughly in order

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”