osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by osuka »

NONSENSE! IT'S DADDY

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 797, Save The Dragons wrote:andante how do you handle pressure in chat mafia (you're the one who said you played that, right?)

haha that's easier cause I now the game is like 20 minutes long, and after that I can just stop playing... this?? it's like IRL days/weeks of pressure lol I hate pressure, I break under it too, take it more as a joke as scum
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Andante »

tbh if osuka and pooky were scum partners, I feel like they'd be having the time of their lives based on their personalities lol
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I always have the time of my life

VOTE: Lemons

we kill Gandalf today

join me forces of evil
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 801, Andante wrote:I hate pressure, I break under it too, take it more as a joke as scum
can you expand on this? how do you think your reaction to pressure differs as scum?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 803, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I always have the time of my life

we kill Gandalf today

join me forces of evil
yeah i don't think this is happening
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 804, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 801, Andante wrote:I hate pressure, I break under it too, take it more as a joke as scum
can you expand on this? how do you think your reaction to pressure differs as scum?

uhhh not really, too hard to explain, I'm gonna go play in the snow (we have a snow storm right now) and when I'm back I'm ISOing Haschel, and if he's been here for 5 days with no content, I'm voting him, would rather keep people who try.
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

VOTE: Pooky
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:26 pm

In post 806, Andante wrote:
In post 804, InsidiousLemons wrote:

uhhh not really, too hard to explain, I'm gonna go play in the snow (we have a snow storm right now) and when I'm back I'm ISOing Haschel, and if he's been here for 5 days with no content, I'm voting him, would rather keep people who try.
In post 803, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I always have the time of my life

we kill Gandalf today

join me forces of evil
In post 775, InsidiousLemons wrote:@mod why are there so many jesters in this setup
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:27 pm

In post 807, Robert M Hunter wrote:VOTE: Pooky
Shocking
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:27 pm

In post 807, Robert M Hunter wrote:VOTE: Pooky
will you explain this vote for me?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:27 pm

the vote reeks of fear and desperation
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 704, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Green Crayons, will you be the first of my Nazgûl ? To ride forth and terrorize the land in my name?
do you pay union rates?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 715, Save The Dragons wrote:i kind of want to get annihilated by pooky
sir this is a family game
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 718, InsidiousLemons wrote:if you were joking the whole time then why separate the post into two parts? why say "but for real?"
pretty sure if this is noobscum the "but for real" clause is also supposed to be joking
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 718, InsidiousLemons wrote:also strange to me that you only back up your null reads and don't mention your, you know, actual reads
agree with this point.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 721, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:one of my rules is no posts over 10 lines.
all hail Pooky, our new supreme overlord
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 763, Robert M Hunter wrote:I changed my mind, Andante is town. Deal with it.
what's the post that did it for you?
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

In post 817, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 763, Robert M Hunter wrote:I changed my mind, Andante is town. Deal with it.
what's the post that did it for you?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:02 pm

you may have gotten sucked in by an AtE

why pooky?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 819, Save The Dragons wrote:you may have gotten sucked in by an AtE
agree. neither of those two were the post that gave me pause.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Andante »

Dragons is scum. I'm pretty certain there
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:25 pm

but who are you voting for
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:33 pm

In post 647, Andante wrote:so I have determined. there's not a scum read I'm super confident in at this point in time.

[...]

I think it was crayons or dragon I was feeling was weird, idk. I don't even remember what I told yall last night, should probably start there :)
this andante is very unsure of any reads at all.
In post 649, Andante wrote: Save The Dragons - Sus
then they "collect their thoughts" and decide dragons is sus, without providing any reasoning. when prompted, they have this to say:
In post 664, Andante wrote:@Dragon, I'll elaborate on you,
It's lines like these, they have no content to them... your cat thing feels so weird, and like "you're putting more effort crucifying robert than pushing your vote" for context this came immediately after you voted me. None of your lines feel like you're trying to find scum.
In post 540, Save The Dragons wrote:do you just hate cats?
In post 542, Save The Dragons wrote:you're putting more effort crucifying robert than pushing your vote

so i'm wondering if you're just allergic to cats or something i dunno
These VFP lines, you're implying VFP is your TR, and you don't understand why someone SRs them. Why not give why you think VFP is town? engage in a conversation about it, give the side you see, compare notes, etc. Like, reading your ISO, most lines are just responding to osuka, or lines like this, that seem to be going in no direction. You throw out questions like this, never return to them to follow up!!! It literally feels like maf to me, reading more into you here, I'd move you from sus to scum tbh. Town that's trying to find scum would ask relevant questions, then return to them, if you out a tr/sr, doesn't it make sense to talk to someone who's outing an opposite read from you?? idk, it feels like you're trying to go no where with all your posts.

In post 543, Save The Dragons wrote:why exactly did you think VFP was scummy again?
In post 546, Save The Dragons wrote:do you have anything else on VFP?
to be fair, pawns wasn't giving dragons much to go off of. the conversation, of which here you provide only one side, feels more to me like save the dragons attempting to have the type of conversation you're talking about and getting very little in return. don't get me wrong, certainly not the most insightful posts in std's iso, but i don't find anything here that really merits a scumread on its own.

they continue:
In post 664, Andante wrote: looking at (idk if this link works.... testing..)
looking at #354, osuka is like "what's your thought on this" and you pretty much go "idk, I tr you" like, changing the topic, your lines feel really weird to me, and I'm not entirely sure why you feel so off...
this is the post in question:
In post 354, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 325, osuka wrote:what's your take on vfp's push?
I honestly haven't given it too much thought because i'm reading you as town.

I don't quite buy that being toxic makes you scum, but i have seen scum use toxicity to their ends, so i'm not sure if i agree but i don't mind the headspace they're in. is a little weird because all they seem to do is say you post NAI and positive things in their PBPA. I feel like scum in that situation finds something to pin on you instead of just kind of throwing their hands up. I mean they repeat the point about toxicity being scummy but...eh?

plus i use my gut a lot and it's pinging for some people and not really for VFP at the moment.
there are 2 parts to this post -- "here's why i haven't given it much thought yet" and "here's the take itself". andante mischaracterizes this post as consisting solely of the answer to the first question ("because i'm reading osuke as town"), and ignores the meat of std's response. this post isn't changing the topic, it's responding directly to the question. of all the posts you could have quoted, why choose one where std actually brings up some pretty okay points? did you even read the whole post?

sidenote: funny enough, andante actually linked to the 354th post in the site's history, not the 354th post in this thread. i'm not sure, but i think the # is what broke it. to actually link a post from this thread by number, do this:

Code: Select all

[post]354[/post]

anyway.

taken all together, this sequence of andante's read developing on dragons looks more like them fixating on the idea of dragons being scum and cherry-picking posts that they feel support that idea (though again, the examples cited don't even really feel to me like they do that) rather than a genuine attempt to determine alignment.

what gives me pause, though, is the fact that despite all this tunneling, andante
has never even voted for save the dragons
. why do all that work if they aren't even going to push? it makes me feel like all this really could just be sloppy play blinded by emotions and genuine logical fallacy. this is what's driving me so insane. a townie who can't help but play like this is almost as useless as actual scum, but there's a small part of me that can't help feeling like there could be a player with pro-town motivations and the ability to work towards that objective lurking underneath all this (sorry) lazy and terrible play. andante,
this is why i keep pressuring you
. and if you keep avoiding it, you're only going to make me doubt that small part of me even more than i already do.

my question, then, is this: is there
anything
in the ~150 posts between and that has made you genuinely suspicious of dragons?
what is it that makes you "pretty certain" dragons is scum?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:35 pm

In post 749, Andante wrote:haha I won't actually claim!!! dw. I'll get voted out before I do claim
one last point, reading back -- is this a scum slip? "i'll get voted out before i claim" implies andante wouldn't claim until they are actually eliminated. is there ever town motivation for withholding a claim until the hammer is dropped? on second reading this could almost feel like reassurance to a scumpartner, but i don't feel comfortable calling anya scum yet. still, this association is definitely worth revisiting if one of them flips.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”