Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:50 am

Post by T3 »

I strongly oppose voting Norwee. I think in3 is a much better lim.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Meuh »

I don't really mind either one
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Meuh »

why is it snowing right now :cry: i thought winter was over

anyways I'm gonna

VOTE:
In3kro

to keep both options open

will switch to Norwee in a few hours if nothing changes though
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:48 am

Post by catboi »

In post 394, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don’t bother explaining all of my takes because i rely a lot on gut and don’t care about explaining myself all the time.
...in what world do i play this way as scum? I’m clearly not defending anyone or playing with an agenda. Then again, i don’t expect anyone here to be familiar enough with my meta to see beyond their tunnel vision.
"Hurr Durr he scum for not explaining his post" is the traditional take for newbs so i don’t blame anyone for voting me. I’m just dissapointed. I’ve also been working a day to day job that’s very tiring so complaining about my fading activity being somehow allignment indicative is 100% bullshit. :D
Then again, if that’s what’s going to happen then go ahead, it’s just the day 1 elimination anyway.
But remember, Pear and Catboi don’t feel that scummy to me. Of my wagon when i’ve flipped town the elimination order should be always In3kro first and MAYBE Catboi, but i don’t really scumread him. Pear feels very town.
This is a lot of words and none of it is addressing how your read on T3 makes no sense
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I just liked his reads progression because it didn’t feel to me like something a acum replacement would come out of the gates with. Seemed very real.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It makes total sense to me. And just because i didn’t share my exact thoughts doesn’t mean: "it doesn’t make sense" you just didn’t ask me and wait for the answer. Rather you prematurely assumed the read didn’t make sense even though i didn’t explain why i read it the way i did.
You’re too impulsive.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Like this is clearly just a playstyle clash. I’m obtuse and not really explaining from A to B why my reads are what they are, because that’s just how i play. Look at any of my towngames and you will find the same pattern.
Clearly you assume scum traits for me that might be valid for you, but is absolutely not so for me.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And me not explaining doesn’t mean there isn’t an logical explanation for my reads and progression, just that i’m too lazy to move into explicit detail because i’m too busy focusing on other things.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You may not like the answer but it’s the truth. I don’t have anything to hide when town and will say what’s real even if i acknowledge it would make me look bad to a playerlist that places much more importance on rigidity and coherent progression.
And if i was scum i probably wouldn’t show any individual thought at all. Merely safe stances that would hurt or impress nobody. I believe i’ve already towntold quite heavily here in this setup and anyone who is familiar with my playstyle should be able to recognize that.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:02 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Scum!me would give no fucks about derailing an potential N_M wagon unless i was exactly scum with him. And if anyone believes that i’ll listen to it with interest. But otherwise i’ve basically towntold hard in this game.

- Bunno
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Meuh »

10 hours left so

VOTE:
Norwee

I don't like how silent the game is rn but people are probably busy, I doubt scum wouldn't be saying anything just cause they like the gamestate.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm VT btw.
Pretty convinced scum are on my wagon. So make sure to eliminate from there.

- Bunno
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Meuh »

gotcha
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

That includes you.

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:35 am

Post by catboi »

In post 404, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I just liked his reads progression because it didn’t feel to me like something a acum replacement would come out of the gates with. Seemed very real.
In post 405, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It makes total sense to me. And just because i didn’t share my exact thoughts doesn’t mean: "it doesn’t make sense" you just didn’t ask me and wait for the answer. Rather you prematurely assumed the read didn’t make sense even though i didn’t explain why i read it the way i did.
You’re too impulsive.
I wanted to wait for a response from you before moving on this but time is limited, the discussion was moving around this and possibly momentum was shifting elsewhere, and so I had to make the call whether to wait for you or make a move.

Why, exactly, didn'yt it feel like something a scum replacement would come out the gates with? What did you like about it? Point me to specific things.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 am

Post by T3 »

Let it be known that I strongly object to this wagon and am only hammering because we should avoid a no elim.
VOTE: Norwee/vote]
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:57 am

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:58 am

Post by catboi »

Idk if it'll count or not because of the broken tags but screw it
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:00 am

Post by T3 »

LOL
okay
can we get in3 nowp
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:17 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 409, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Scum!me would give no fucks about derailing an potential N_M wagon unless i was exactly scum with him. And if anyone believes that i’ll listen to it with interest. But otherwise i’ve basically towntold hard in this game.
These are the sorts of comments that make me feel like you're trying to tell less experienced players how they should read your actions.

I've already outlined how an experienced scum player might want to keep N-M alive on day one if they can get a miselim elsewhere.
His style means people are really, really not going to want to have him in the final five, so scum would pick off someone else tonight and he'd make a decently attactive d2 policy elimination, or an easy hammer on someone else.
Samawoodo wrote: I think you are overthinking stuff.

If norwee word carries more weight it would be because he is playing and making reading as a genuine town (at least for me). I didn’t give a fuck about his experience or w/e.

Actually, his behavior in this game have been always following the same line. It’s not like he has suddenly changed opinions about his own readings (unlike others)

Actually, if he flips town, what are you going to do?
1. Well, I think you're underthinking stuff, and I'd rather see too much than too little :P

2. If you can truly not let the fact that Norwee is a more experienced player not taint your read on him, then I applaud you for it. The fact is that he's been giving advice and help out the entire time. Actually, I think the main reason given for the first person who townread him was
that he's being helpful.
This means that people are, at least to some degree, suspecting him less because he's giving gameplay advice and assistance. My last game a very helpful and nice player that I townread early on turned out to be scum. Perspectives get tainted by appreciating things like that.

3. What're you talking about? His behavior has been all over the place.
He started off by suggesting we eliminate N-M because he's unhelpful.
He scumread Meuh for an RVS joke.
He jumped on the Ink wagon and cleared Meuh when people started going for Ink.
He jumped on Meuh when she did something he suggested earlier, because Marci gave him a reason to (which, convienently, would mean it wasn't even his idea if it caused a miselim)
His tone was calm collected and fun at the beginning of the day, but now that he's under pressure he's falling to pieces, to the point of directly insulting his accusers (without actually explaining why, for instance, my post was the dumbest shit he's ever read). He calls people too impulsive and demands people wait when we're a matter of hours away from the day's end, knowing damn well that at this point shifting focus or waiting is going to cause a noelim.

Calling someone else's thoughts stupid isn't an argument, it's what you do when you hate their thoughts and don't have a legitimate response. Like how any discussion of politics on the internet will invariably end up toxic and personal. But that's an aside :P

This is not townie behavior. A miselim day one is better than eliminating no one. You should know that.

4. If he flips green, well... First, I'll be legitimately surprised, second I'll reread the entire thread again, this time from that perspective. Third, I'll continue to try to solve the game, whether I'm dead or not. Fourth, when the game ends (or, if we're both in the dead thread at some point) I will genuinely apologize to him for being wrong.

I'm only human, if I damage town's chances of winning this game because I got too into a theory I will genuinely feel bad for it. That being said, at this moment, everything I've seen is telling me Norwee is the right vote today.
"I imagine he/she is a sociopath with subtle degrees of manipulation who is posing as a newbie."
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:19 am

Post by lendunistus »

In post 415, T3 wrote:Let it be known that I strongly object to this wagon and am only hammering because we should avoid a no elim.
Even though the tags are broken, I'm counting this as a vote.
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:20 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 415, T3 wrote:Let it be known that I strongly object to this wagon and am only hammering because we should avoid a no elim.
Wait, was that a hammer?

I mean, broken tags or not, that was a vote at norwee, and he was at E-1.

Pedit: So thats it, then?
"I imagine he/she is a sociopath with subtle degrees of manipulation who is posing as a newbie."
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:23 am

Post by catboi »

Sigh. Really unnecessary hammer then. Don't think it's scummy from T3 necessarily, just frustrating given time left. Was clear I still had business going with norwee
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:25 am

Post by catboi »

Actually it might be scummy tbqh, nothing in his reads was all that difficult

I think scum somewhere in N_M/marci/T3, outside chance of Sama maybe
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 422, catboi wrote:Sigh. Really unnecessary hammer then. Don't think it's scummy from T3 necessarily, just frustrating given time left. Was clear I still had business going with norwee
A declaration first would've been nice, but I don't know whether or not the hammer itself was scummy.
That said, I'm kinda surprised N-M didn't just show up and kill him.

...I really hope I was right /nerves >.<
-Clidd, Newbie 2018

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”