InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:18 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 848, Save The Dragons wrote:Andante, i'm curious how makes you feel
seconded. to my knowledge they still haven't responded to this post. their repeated refusal to read and confidence that they won't be voted out for it does feel more like town to me though, based on gut. not sure how common this type of play is from either alignment, but it's ballsy
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:20 am

In post 872, osuka wrote:holy shit i got some crab dip and fries and this is reALLY good
In post 31, osuka wrote:this does not come from scum
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:28 am

In post 898, Andante wrote:ehhh yolo I'm kinda claiming, and it's as much of a claim as people are going to get from me, I have votes on me, and it looks like no one actually thinks I'm town.

I. Am. Not. A. Vanilla. Townie.

That's all I'll give, but based on how in and out I am, I'll just leave it at this. As I said before, it doesn't matter what I claim, or if I claim. if after that giant speech I gave, Dragon, you fail to even consider for a second I'm town putting forth that much effort... I can't help yall. Dragon literally has to be scum, I feel like town would have considered an Andante town world, ESPECIALLY when your entire argument rides on the fact I'm a "noob"
scummy post. trying to milk "that giant speech" for town points, misrepping dragons' thought process as "must be a noob" when he's clearly stated he's giving you credit for chat experience, etc. once again you are either misrepresenting other people's arguments or just straight up not reading the thread. this sucks
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 964, Anya wrote:can someone explain to me in excruciating detail why asteria is wolf so i can feel good about voting her
Profile pic
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:36 am

is decent analysis that feels like it could come from a town mindset. that being said--
In post 898, Andante wrote:if after that giant speech I gave, Dragon, you fail to even consider for a second I'm town putting forth that much effort...
In post 910, Andante wrote:long posts do not automatically make someone town.
you can do better than this.
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 965, Green Crayons wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
In post 945, VFP wrote:
In post 944, Green Crayons wrote:I asked for you to point out who is hiding behind humor, which was your theory about scum using humor here, not “who is posting humor” which is a dumb thing to ask bc as we all know nobody is funny on ms
Well if I knew as simple as who I would just be saying X and or Y are scum for hiding behind humour.
The fact so many players are going this route, it just means scum are getting away with it.

To clarify, I think scum are getting away with avoiding answering questions or giving realistic reads / reasons. I'm not set on who but Robert's original read list and some responses I have seen from them are a good start.
And there's more than 3 people playing like this, so it means that town are doing the same thing.
so i guess to get to the heart of this

you think that bc some not insignificant amount of the player base is trying to be funny

scum must be using humor as a weapon of blending in

but you don't have specific posts that are pinging you as scum potentially using humor as camo (well except robert but BUT things have changed maybe there)

this is just a theory about maybe what scum might want to do

i think this is a bad theory but maybe town indicative
I don't think it's even that bad of a point. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1 scum is hiding behind humour. It's not really super helpful info, but still not bad
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 969, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 959, Asteria wrote:
In post 948, Robert M Hunter wrote:I crumbed my role in my first post.
Crumbing isn't really viable in my opinion if you claim it the same day you crumbed. Crumbing is for the long term. Anyone can crumb something in their first post and then use that the second there's a decent wagon on them
i dont understand this
I have crumbed my planned fakeclaim as scum in my first post before and that fakeclaim was really only useful the first dayphase. After that it was already countered and the scumplan changed. So what I'm saying is that it's very easy for anybody to crumb a role whether they have it or not, then claim it later on the same day they crumbed it.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:43 am

In post 924, VFP wrote:
In post 882, Green Crayons wrote:Why do you have this feeling

Who is hiding behind humor

Why is humor AI here
Because everyone in the game seems to be allowing it to happen.
If you set a line where jokes or sarcasm can easy be used as a deflection then it will be abused.

Normally having a player or 2 with this attitude doesn't mean much but considering how half the players are reacting to making reads / confirming reads / or generally posting, I think that scum will be taking advantage of this.

This isn't how games are normally and says a lot since I'm not overly a serious player standardly.

I'm surprised you are asking who is posting 'humour in this game. Are you just looking for particular comments to try and pull up rather than reading the game?
i don't mind this post. good response and good counter-pressure, plus good followups to what feel like disappointing and deflective responses from green crayons in ,
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:48 am

In post 1102, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 898, Andante wrote:ehhh yolo I'm kinda claiming, and it's as much of a claim as people are going to get from me, I have votes on me, and it looks like no one actually thinks I'm town.

That's all I'll give, but based on how in and out I am, I'll just leave it at this. As I said before, it doesn't matter what I claim, or if I claim. if after that giant speech I gave, Dragon, you fail to even consider for a second I'm town putting forth that much effort... I can't help yall. Dragon literally has to be scum, I feel like town would have considered an Andante town world, ESPECIALLY when your entire argument rides on the fact I'm a "noob"
scummy post. trying to milk "that giant speech" for town points, misrepping dragons' thought process as "must be a noob" when he's clearly stated he's giving you credit for chat experience, etc. once again you are either misrepresenting other people's arguments or just straight up not reading the thread. this sucks
forgot to mention the most important part of this post which was the claim

i agree with whoever said this doesn't really feel like a good strategy from scum, but not sure andante really would have interfaced with partners before doing it considering how emotionally-driven many of their decisions have been up to this point. is clear AtE, and the soft-unclaim makes a lot less sense after stating outright that you have information. if you do have info from N0, you must have submitted your night action real quick to get it in before most players confirmed. isn't it usual for games with N0 roles to have... a N0?
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 1012, Save The Dragons wrote:it's not that i believe it, it's that the slot will sort itself out later in the game. if he's a pro town tracker, he's probably going to get killed later and we'll find out. or if he's scum and is still alive later, we can sort it out then. i think there's a better D1 play here.
Agreed, I'm a little iffy on Robert, but now that he's claimed we'll find out soon enough if it's a lie without having to potentially eliminate a power role of ours
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1108, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 1102, InsidiousLemons wrote:

forgot to mention the most important part of this post which was the claim

i agree with whoever said this doesn't really feel like a good strategy from scum, but not sure andante really would have interfaced with partners before doing it considering how emotionally-driven many of their decisions have been up to this point. is clear AtE, and the soft-unclaim makes a lot less sense after stating outright that you have information. if you do have info from N0, you must have submitted your night action real quick to get it in before most players confirmed. isn't it usual for games with N0 roles to have... a N0?

I didn't have a N0 meeting, I have other info, and that other info has me thinking Robert is almost surely fake, but I won't say more. I just don't think he's a town tracker
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Asteria »

Can somebody quickly explain the case on dragons? Or link me to an explanation if you already had one
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Andante »

Dragons and Pooky are town, they're literally a town v town case
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1112, Andante wrote:Dragons and Pooky are town, they're literally a town v town case
not sure why I am the only one who sees it as town tunneling town.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:55 am

Crumbing isn't really viable in my opinion if you claim it the same day you crumbed. Crumbing is for the long term. Anyone can crumb something in their first post and then use that the second there's a decent wagon on them
agree with this point
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1114, InsidiousLemons wrote:
agree with this point
I feel like this also supports him being a mafia tracker, cause lets face it, if he's with town, we're in trouble, lots of trouble. But I read through his posts and I really do not feel like he's towny
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Asteria »

I just don't think it's smart to eliminate a claimed tracker D1. And I also think his scum partners would've 1) helped with a better crumb, and 2) told him not to claim at E-2 or whatever it was
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Andante »

Wait, quick question, do we for sure know 3 maf? or is it 2? unknown? what? this will mess with what I know (I'm not trying to dumbtell, serious question!!) I read and read, but yeah I'm assuming 3 cause 13
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:59 am

In post 965, Green Crayons wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
In post 945, VFP wrote:
In post 944, Green Crayons wrote:I asked for you to point out who is hiding behind humor, which was your theory about scum using humor here, not “who is posting humor” which is a dumb thing to ask bc as we all know nobody is funny on ms
Well if I knew as simple as who I would just be saying X and or Y are scum for hiding behind humour.
The fact so many players are going this route, it just means scum are getting away with it.

To clarify, I think scum are getting away with avoiding answering questions or giving realistic reads / reasons. I'm not set on who but Robert's original read list and some responses I have seen from them are a good start.
And there's more than 3 people playing like this, so it means that town are doing the same thing.
so i guess to get to the heart of this

you think that bc some not insignificant amount of the player base is trying to be funny

scum must be using humor as a weapon of blending in

but you don't have specific posts that are pinging you as scum potentially using humor as camo (well except robert but BUT things have changed maybe there)

this is just a theory about maybe what scum might want to do

i think this is a bad theory but maybe town indicative
this feels more like the response i expected initially. i don't think scum!crayons gives vfp this much credit at the end, i think they stay on the attack
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1116, Asteria wrote:I just don't think it's smart to eliminate a claimed tracker D1. And I also think his scum partners would've 1) helped with a better crumb, and 2) told him not to claim at E-2 or whatever it was

I am telling you right now, if there is 3 maf, he is not a town tracker
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am

In post 1115, Andante wrote:
In post 1114, InsidiousLemons wrote:
agree with this point
I feel like this also supports him being a mafia tracker, cause lets face it, if he's with town, we're in trouble, lots of trouble. But I read through his posts and I really do not feel like he's towny
i kind of doubt there are 2 maf PRs, and i don't really follow the reasoning that crumbing the town version of your real PR gives any more credibility to the claim than just crumbing any ol' town PR
In post 1117, Andante wrote:Wait, quick question, do we for sure know 3 maf? or is it 2? unknown? what? this will mess with what I know (I'm not trying to dumbtell, serious question!!) I read and read, but yeah I'm assuming 3 cause 13
unknown but yes 3 is the most common for a 13 player game by a fair margin
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:02 am

In post 1119, Andante wrote:
In post 1116, Asteria wrote:I just don't think it's smart to eliminate a claimed tracker D1. And I also think his scum partners would've 1) helped with a better crumb, and 2) told him not to claim at E-2 or whatever it was

what's the logic here?
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 1119, Andante wrote:

We can't really know that sadly
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Andante »

I'm thinking about just claiming with everything I know at this point, cause I think my role is super obvious to those of you who are good at this, and yall might also be able to help a bit...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Andante »

is 2 maf and a traitor a possibility?