samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 822, Titus wrote:Anyone not seeing that this is staged Bell then Noraa flips is out of their minds imo.
I don't know if I would go that far but their posts keeping the window open for illogical behavior tomorrow was a huge red flag for me too

UNVOTE:
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:53 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 822, Titus wrote:Anyone not seeing that this is staged Bell then Noraa flips is out of their minds imo.
Wait what do you mean by this?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 826, Raya36 wrote:
Flip Bell.
Bell flips town.
Flip Noraa.
Noraa flips wrong town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:11 am

Post by willow1 »

i would dayvig titus if i could, not even remotely trying to use the wagons or vote patterns a divining tool other than this awkward defense of bell (bell should be null at best, but pooky/retti are right on meta. i thought he siteflaked but he's still in for defcon)

ik people had questions for me, will circle back in a sec
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 827, Titus wrote:
In post 826, Raya36 wrote:
Flip Bell.
Bell flips town.
Flip Noraa.
Noraa flips wrong town.
Ok I see. You're probably right too. Bears is way too confident for pushing a miselim
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:24 am

Post by willow1 »

bear is almost certainly town and bell flipping town would not move that read in the slightest

too little pooky posting, doesn't really try and buddy bell (which is necessary if belltown/pookyscum), and noraa's posts are very town, don't have as much of an opinion on nancy's but this slot should never be voted in a million years
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:30 am

Post by willow1 »

In post 715, Titus wrote:
In post 697, willow1 wrote:
In post 694, Titus wrote:I wish I could join a popular wagon but I am just not feeling them, particularly these two.
can you elaborate on those feelings? really curious why you're hesitant. trying to figure out how you're approaching this game because this doesn't seem to line up w/ other games i have spectated
There's too much omgus. Anyone who FoSes anyone else gets an automatic scumread back. Nothing feels like it's honest sorting. (Note: Honest means intellectually honest, not town/scum indicative).

I'm looking for someone with a deep, nuanced, possibly accurate read of the game to be my anchor. I haven't found it yet so I'm going through the game again.

I really like a Dunn scumread based on the vote history but I don't feel strong enough to case him.
this first line is gross. first off, there's an initial scumread before an omgus reaction, but you're treating them equally. second how on earth have you not been able to find a case of honest sorting this game lmfao

second line you are not looking hard enough because there have been many nuanced/deep reads this game: myself, retti, essooa, raya, bear hydra...most of which you've lumped in with the omgus reactions.

finally if you don't have an anchor testing reads/wagons is the way to get one and you're not doing that, not buying this
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:33 am

Post by willow1 »

In post 734, Titus wrote:
In post 725, Bamboozle wrote:I don't think so. Scum!Bell could just feel bad doing that to his teammates knowing everyone will read a silent replace out as extremely scum-indicative for him. I think the final post is pretty NAI.
Anything is possible.
It's more likely scum!Bell would leave nothing.
It's worth noting no one interacted with what he did leave.
this is fundamentally untrue of anyone even remotely familiar with bell's play. he actively feels bad for his scumteam as he struggles with motivation and it is 100% up his alley to give one last attempt to cleanse his conscience
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:34 am

Post by willow1 »

In post 702, Retti wrote:
In post 692, willow1 wrote:VOTE: sam
explain?
vfp wagon was dead, moved to second choice. didn't like the random townblock, never explained iirc, early answer to raya still rough
In post 768, Esooa wrote:
In post 766, willow1 wrote:gonna be real i'm playing video games tonight instead of reading lol, sorry
what games
bejeweled 2 deluxe lmao

i think those were the only questions but if i missed one just lmk
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:40 am

Post by willow1 »

also retti lmao @ u almost gladiating a town over that u big baby

proud of u 4 holding off
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:47 am

Post by willow1 »

iirc someone also interpreted my "same shit on EM" comment on essooa as like, discrediting shade or to shut her down

it's definitely a bit denigrating but contextually if you go back and look i was trying to explain specifically to retti why i thought she was town, not trying to shout down her read to the game (which was on retti) or townread on vfp
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Retti »

In post 828, willow1 wrote:i would dayvig titus if i could, not even remotely trying to use the wagons or vote patterns a divining tool other than this awkward defense of bell (bell should be null at best, but pooky/retti are right on meta. i thought he siteflaked but he's still in for defcon)

Really? I wouldn't expect her to go against the grain this much as scum, regardless of Bell's alignment, really
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:05 am

Post by MariaR »

VC 1.5Bell (5): Esooa, Enchant, PenguinPower, Bear HUGS, Raya36
Raya36 (4): jjh927, Titus, Retti, Bamboozle
samantha97 (3): VFP, Romance, willow1
Romance (2): Bell, WhemeStar
Retti (1): Flea The Magician,
Titus (1): T3
Enchant (1): Dunnstral

Not Voting (1): samantha97

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-04-27 00:50:57)

With 18 players alive, it takes 10 to fade away
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:11 am

Post by willow1 »

In post 836, Retti wrote:
In post 828, willow1 wrote:i would dayvig titus if i could, not even remotely trying to use the wagons or vote patterns a divining tool other than this awkward defense of bell (bell should be null at best, but pooky/retti are right on meta. i thought he siteflaked but he's still in for defcon)

Really? I wouldn't expect her to go against the grain this much as scum, regardless of Bell's alignment, really
why would you expect this lol, whiteknighting hoping they get flipped anyway is scum 101 and titus has watched day 1 scumflips sink scumteams completely

i'm not saying there isn't town incentive to defend slots, to be clear, but confused as to why you expect the opposite. titus going with the flow in absence of a strong read or lack of appetite for her read is common. she has given some explanation on the bell read/pointing to lack of anchor that i don't really buy
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
Townie
Bamboozle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Bamboozle »

Titus
, can you explain who you think is setting up to push
Bugs
tomorrow if
Bell
flips town?

-Bam
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
Townie
Bamboozle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Bamboozle »

In post 766, willow1 wrote:gonna be real i'm playing video games tonight instead of reading lol, sorry
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Retti »

In post 838, willow1 wrote:
In post 836, Retti wrote:

why would you expect this lol, whiteknighting hoping they get flipped anyway is scum 101 and titus has watched day 1 scumflips sink scumteams completely

i'm not saying there isn't town incentive to defend slots, to be clear, but confused as to why you expect the opposite. titus going with the flow in absence of a strong read or lack of appetite for her read is common. she has given some explanation on the bell read/pointing to lack of anchor that i don't really buy
I get that but doing it here feels like trying to fight the tide, like just an impossible level of momentum where saying anything is pointless. I guess that's dumb of me. I think seeing the way the votes went on Bell and panicking is understandable from a town POV who doesn't know what's what but of course the wagonomics or whatever don't really mean anything for Bell's alignment. Some of the reasoning she's had is just bad but that's not always scum indicative, really. I liked her points on Raya. I guess really I'm just townreading the conviction. I probably need to think it over.
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
Townie
Bamboozle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Bamboozle »

In post 803, Retti wrote:Hold up, no one hammer yet. I had hinted at this earlier but now is a good time to out this:

I am a gladiator and there is a benefit to me using my ability.

There are two caveats to this: I have to use it twice, and it has to be before 7 days have passed in each day phase that I use it. If I meet those conditions, something good happens but I am going to be as vague as possible otherwise to avoid giving away too much information. I very nearly rage-dueled Esooa in the midst of our argument but I'm glad I calmed down and decided against it. This is why I asked if people were okay with voting out Bell, because if so I can just safely piledrive him with no worries. This wouldn't change anything about the day but I really want to use my ability here.
Just use it on
Bell

-Bam
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:30 am

Post by willow1 »

it's tough to capture in quotes, where sometimes those votes/wagons happen to wind up on scumreads anyway, but take a look at games like flavor leaf vs. hectic, where she happily joins a wagon suggested by FL, and warehouse-13. idk maybe someone in those games can give context b/c i don't really want to quote from games i was actually in

actually after reading this post i would 100% vig her lol
In post 585, Titus wrote:
In post 581, MathBlade wrote:
In post 580, Titus wrote:
In post 578, MathBlade wrote:I agree Titus is probably town which means she’s gonna say I suck at working together no matter what despite me in prior games actually being good town and she was in scums pocket so hard I deviated at the very end.
What caused your read change on me?
I’ve had a town read on you.

Your townread is conditional on Dunn because you want me to stop pushing my top scumreads of Cakez and Pooky and consolidate super early.
I am going to be blunt with you.
I am using the Dunn wagon to get reads. Such static reads aren't good. Use the wagon as a way to check your reads rather than supposing you're right. Let yourself and others solve the game over time.

How to host a murder isn't solved round 1.
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:31 am

Post by willow1 »

In post 841, Retti wrote:I get that but doing it here feels like trying to fight the tide, like just an impossible level of momentum where saying anything is pointless. I guess that's dumb of me. I think seeing the way the votes went on Bell and panicking is understandable from a town POV who doesn't know what's what but of course the wagonomics or whatever don't really mean anything for Bell's alignment. Some of the reasoning she's had is just bad but that's not always scum indicative, really. I liked her points on Raya. I guess really I'm just townreading the conviction. I probably need to think it over.
why on earth would anyone have this conviction for bell town after even a single game of playing w/ bell lmfao
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Retti »

In post 842, Bamboozle wrote:
In post 803, Retti wrote:Hold up, no one hammer yet. I had hinted at this earlier but now is a good time to out this:

I am a gladiator and there is a benefit to me using my ability.

There are two caveats to this: I have to use it twice, and it has to be before 7 days have passed in each day phase that I use it. If I meet those conditions, something good happens but I am going to be as vague as possible otherwise to avoid giving away too much information. I very nearly rage-dueled Esooa in the midst of our argument but I'm glad I calmed down and decided against it. This is why I asked if people were okay with voting out Bell, because if so I can just safely piledrive him with no worries. This wouldn't change anything about the day but I really want to use my ability here.
Just use it on
Bell

-Bam
Yeah I was kind of getting cold feet thinkking "eh what if it's a pure coincidence and he's an AFK town PR" but I think I'm gonna yolo
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
Townie
Bamboozle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Bamboozle »

In post 776, Raya36 wrote:I'm back to do the things I promised I'd do.

Bell meta:
Looking at town bell, post count is massive and they start off strong as a heavy poster. Scum bell the posting is generally a bit lower and they still post decently heavy at the beginning but it seems to be less full of content.

This bell:
Very low post count and hasn't really done much content wise. The reason I'm still hesitant to say this is scum bell is because in their scum meta they still post a lot as scum early, it's just lacking content. I want to say bell was just honestly too busy and that's what prevented them from being able to post much. It is possible though that they were struggling to get into the game though as their scum meta shows, especially since I'm even struggling a lot to get into this game and that's not usual for me.
While he was actually posting, he fit that scum mould of posting but no content though. I think he's probably busy irl either way and not lying about that, but I think as town he'd be much more likely to power through it because he a genuine interest for the game.

-Bam
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
Townie
Bamboozle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Bamboozle »

*he has a genuine

Believe in the
HEART OF THE CARDS
, Retti

-Bam
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am

Post by willow1 »

it being scum given his hectic irl, which i am pretty sure is legitimate b/c siteflake, is very tenuous but i'm okay w/ it getting flipped. bell not engaging is a death sentence to a slot unless a seriously town wizard reps in.
Bamboozle
Bamboozle
Townie
Bamboozle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Bamboozle »

It gives me flashbacks to so many similar scum rep outs that I'd never have my view of the slot be unclouded honestly

Noraa hydra in booneytunz, redtea/Hopkirk in Undertale... etc

I don't want some god tier scum player like Jake the Wolfie saving the slot

-Bam

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”