Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why those 2?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:26 am

Post by T3 »

In post 542, Pearofclubs wrote:
In post 533, VFP wrote: Marci scum makes NM town
What makes you say that? Curious, since I've had it the opposite for quite a while.
I feel like the unprovoked defense of N-M coupled with a case for pushing anyone who attacks him would make zero sense from scum!marci unless N-M was her partner.
Where did marci defennd nm?
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 550, Not_Mafia wrote:Why those 2?
I don't like t3 trying to out jailkeep when it could easily be multiple things + their vote yesterday was stinky :dead: :dead:
I don't like vfps push on pearofclubs, it just seems like something hes doing to not get any blood on his hands, y'know?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 552, marcistar wrote:I don't like vfps push on pearofclubs, it just seems like something hes doing to not get any blood on his hands, y'know?
I agree on this one, VFP what's with the Pear push?
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Meuh »

Looking at N_M's recent posting, there's a clear intent to associate with Marci, which I have no idea why town!N_M would do
I think Marci will flip town and N_M is scum and he's creating this link between them in order to gain towncred for tomorrow
I'd rather see N_M elimed today
N_M's been repeating Marci's ideas and agreeing with her, it feels like scum accepting a townie's defense of them in order to create a pair, which they will benefit from, since Marci would flip town, giving towncred, and since Marci initiated the pair, N_M doesn't look scummy from its existence
Sticking to the same set of scumreads Marci was pushing yesterday and passively siding with her without directly interacting is very scummy
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 549, marcistar wrote:
In post 543, Pearofclubs wrote:What're your reads as of right now? It'll be good to have the information around, should you end up flipping green today- and even if you don't get elimmed, it'll be good to have your thoughts on the books before the days end.
How many votes am I at..? I'll claim if I need to, but i'm not sure if I need to now.. or if i should wait a bit longer..?

I think that t3 and vfp are scum.
I am still working my way through Day 1, so I would say maybe hold off a bit.

Speaking of, I don't know if my predecessor has a vote out, so UNVOTE: .

I'll touch base once I am through all of Day 1
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

marci is a strong player and something definitely seems off with her, but I don't know if it's because she's scum
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 551, T3 wrote: Where did marci defennd nm?
Linked below. Norwee had proposed the notion that getting rid of N-M wouldn't be a bad idea since he's hard to read and tends to troll more than actually play (That being said, he's actually been contributing quite a bit...).

Is he getting meta with his trolling? When people start believing that he's just going to troll all game he starts contributing?
That'd be masterful :P
In post 30, marcistar wrote:
In post 27, NorwegianboyEE wrote:He is a troll. Confusing. Hammers wagons on E-1. Doesn’t explain his positions.
Lynchbait as town, obvscum as mafia. Destructive force of villainy.
Etc.
ahhh, so you hate him?

i kinda find his playstyle funny (tho its hard for me to make a decision on him, and others who play similar like that, i think.) I think if people who play in jestery playstyles like his get vote killed it's more likely to be a scum motivated wagon, tho idk how i would think about wagons on these types of players if they were scum. :dead:
so i find players like him useful if theyre townies :lol:

does it make sense..?
"I imagine he/she is a sociopath with subtle degrees of manipulation who is posing as a newbie."
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I promise I will get caught up today, but I am in another game that is 1.5 hours away from their deadline. I will be able to focus more on this one after that passes haha
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:40 am

Post by VFP »

In post 553, Not_Mafia wrote:VFP what's with the Pear push?
Deep wolf.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

And you think day 2 when we stopped the kill n1 is time for a deep wolf push
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:58 am

Post by VFP »

In post 560, Not_Mafia wrote:And you think day 2 when we stopped the kill n1 is time for a deep wolf push
Of course. Pear is getting off lightly for ticking the scum boxes.
The fact they still haven't gone over iN3krO after 2 requests makes me think they just can't generate another fake read. also shows that they are not reading the game as I already stated why you and Marci aren't scum together.

I'll vote betwen Pear, Marci, and Catboi at this point.

Marci is currently E1 (I think?) and I'll hammer if it comes to it but I want some input first since little has been said since I joined in.
At no point have I said I am limited to Pear only.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 561, VFP wrote:
In post 560, Not_Mafia wrote:And you think day 2 when we stopped the kill n1 is time for a deep wolf push
Of course. Pear is getting off lightly for ticking the scum boxes.
The fact they still haven't gone over iN3krO after 2 requests makes me think they just can't generate another fake read.
also shows that they are not reading the game as I already stated why you and Marci aren't scum together.

I'll vote betwen Pear, Marci, and Catboi at this point.

Marci is currently E1 (I think?) and I'll hammer if it comes to it but I want some input first since little has been said since I joined in.
At no point have I said I am limited to Pear only.
So what VFP is referring to is:
In post 533, VFP wrote:Meuh is always town here for me.
Marci lim works for me and I think we just win with Meuh, T3, and iN3krO as town here.
Marci scum makes NM town and iN3krO is plausibly the partner for

Marci town just means 2 scum in Pear, Catboi, and NM
A singular line linking to a singular post with no further explanation is honestly not something I think you should expect people to remember really? Tbh I forgot you even made that explanation in the first place, I think it's a stretch to imply Pear "isn't reading the game" for this.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: marci
Not sure when deadline is. VFP looking very towny.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by VFP »

In post 562, Meuh wrote:A singular line linking to a singular post with no further explanation is honestly not something I think you should expect people to remember really? Tbh I forgot you even made that explanation in the first place, I think it's a stretch to imply Pear "isn't reading the game" for this.
Well, this makes it seems that you didn't read my posts either.
is where I'm talking about.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by VFP »

In post 501, VFP wrote:NorwegianboyEE's wagon is never an all town wagon here.
So at least that rules out NM / marcistar.
For clarification.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 564, VFP wrote:
In post 562, Meuh wrote:A singular line linking to a singular post with no further explanation is honestly not something I think you should expect people to remember really? Tbh I forgot you even made that explanation in the first place, I think it's a stretch to imply Pear "isn't reading the game" for this.
oops :lol: i need to spend more time rereading posts cause sometimes i really just don't absorb the information
it's like when you read a page of a book and afterwards you're like "what did i even just read?" and can barely explain it :cry:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 506, VFP wrote:Let me confirm, Pear is only ever over explaining posts when there's pressure to be judged on the side. And if you read their scum game there's a lot of simular posting from there to here.
Why do you see this game as similar to pear's scum game but not their town game? I looked at the two and I can't see any obvious differences at a glance. Obviously pear's reads haven't been great in my view but I don't know that it's scum making bad cases rather than wrong town who's just inexperienced
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 563, T3 wrote:VOTE: marci
Deadline is just under 18 hours
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by catboi »

We are at 3 votes on marci still and 1 on everyone else. I guess I'd swap to n_m as a secondary choice and third would be basically anyone else to achieve an elim.

I'm sorry for being inactive, I legit forgot how short newbie game deadlines are now compared to everything Else. A lot of the arguments being made now just don't do a whole lot for me. I do think VFP is probably townie.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 568, catboi wrote:
In post 563, T3 wrote:VOTE: marci
Deadline is just under 18 hours
With the extra 12 hours from the replacement, I think we're at ~30 hours
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Pearofclubs »

Meuh wrote:
In post 564, VFP wrote:
oops :lol: i need to spend more time rereading posts cause sometimes i really just don't absorb the information
it's like when you read a page of a book and afterwards you're like "what did i even just read?" and can barely explain it :cry:
To be fair, he wasn't exactly pointing you towards a lot of information. He was referring to this two line statement on the bottom of his read on me:
In post 501, VFP wrote: NorwegianboyEE's wagon is never an all town wagon here.
So at least that rules out NM / marcistar.
To be fair, I actually completely spaced out on that argument. It's an interesting theory, but it's not bulletproof.
Here comes some data! :P

The deadline for Day One Elim was 04/18 at 6:00 AM.
I posted that theory and my vote on Norwee at 04/15 at 4:16 PM.
That's two days, 13 hours, 44 minutes.
In that time, we have 6 posts from Marci, the last one being on 04/16 at 5:42 PM.
And 3 from N-M, between 3:52 - 54 PM on 04/16.
When both of them posted last, Norwee had two votes. It was before the wagon actually gained traction, and then they disappeared from the thread until day 2, brought on by T3's early hammer.

Not-Mafia was in fact active in other threads, though. viewtopic.php?p=12711307#p12711307 shows him posting on the 17th at 12:53 PM, an hour prior to the hammer. You're not telling me he didn't poke his head into a thread that's so close to the end of a day. (and I'm reading N-M like he's a normal player, because
he's been participating.
)

So, to recap real quick-
They both vanished from the thread before the wagon got any steam going. Maybe they just weren't around, maybe they were lurking. It's certainly possible they saw the wagon building and decided to let it happen. We didn't have anything better day one, so it might have passed from that heady combination of "it's our best shot" and "we don't want a noelim". There's no guarantee that it wasn't all town.

I wouldn't rule out that scumteam.
"I imagine he/she is a sociopath with subtle degrees of manipulation who is posing as a newbie."
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay, I have just reached the end of Day 1, and also saw that there was no kill during the night (!!) I plan on making a couple posts, first my general notes that I made just as I read through. Leaving all of them there, even if they chaged throughout my read of the day, just to share my general progression of thoughts.

Then I am going to highlight something that I think was actually a scumslip

Then I will share my over all read list of every player as of, the end of Day 1.

I would like to preface this, that these are all my gut reactions to my first read through, and my opinions are likely to update some as I go back and look at some ISOs

Anyways, my read through notes:

Spoiler: post 0-100
  • Post , Meuh asking for off site experience, this is a good look imo
  • Post , Town points for Norwegian - scum players don't normally like to alienate other players this much, ditto for 27 and 31.
  • The Not_Mafia entrance: I hate it. Like it is not a way of playing this game that I enjoy, but I also know from experience that he enters every game this way, so it is NAI
  • Post , Norwee's absolute turn around on Not Mafia is a bit baffling to me haha. Not sure what it indicates, but it definitely stood out.
  • General Comment: Not getting great vibes from Sama, but not for anything I can pin down
  • Post , Marcistar also asking for prior mafia experience
  • Post , love this post from Meuh. Lots of detail, also helping Tori not get defensive over a RVS. Really seems like she wants people on track to actually scum hunt. Scum would normally let something like Tori's uncertainty of why she was voted just sit. Very pro-town post
  • Post Bad vibes from Tori. List of 3 scum reads with no reasoning, and 0 town reads. Seems like a new!scum type of post
  • Post , Pear. Making zero content posts is a pretty standard scum tell, but announcing that you are making a zero content post... not sure how to take that one lol
  • Post Tori did come back with an explanation from post 87, but I dont really care for their logic tbh

Spoiler: Posts 100-200
  • Post Meuh again with the town plays, Pressuring the quietest player to try and get content from them
  • Post Even after being called out for lack of posts, he is still offering very little content. "holding back for now as most of my reads are fairly weak" comes across to me like, "I am scum and unsure of what reads to make to seem most town". On Day 1, town is mostly playing blind, trying to voice a lot of thoughts trying to get responses, build content. Scum is trying to cherry pick Day 1 posts so that they can come across as town / distance from their partner, but not actually incriminate them / pocket other players. So town players are generally more open with thier reads on Day 1, while scum want to make sure they are making the right reads before they post.
  • Post + 104, Meuh read my mind
  • Post I am really not liking Tori's reasonings here. They don't like meuh's early town reads because there wasn't a good backing for them, but on the flip side they put out their 3 scum reads without good backing.
  • Post , Bad vibes, cant articulate why, but I feel them
  • Post , Norweigianboy reads my mind on Tori
  • Post Meuh trying their damnedest to keep the thread alive and full of content. They are a pretty strong town read for me atm
  • General Comment: No good vibes coming from Sama
  • Post , Catboi repeatedly bringing up Ink's first post, feels very disengenuous to me. His first post of the game, means we were in the RVS stage at that point, and he did not even vote on it. His first vote was on Catboi, and then catboi tried to push back based on Ink's first post of the game. Seems defensive
  • Post , Tori is once again posting only a read list with no logic. Not super helpful for town
  • Post , getting a real bad feeling from the way Catboi has been interacting with the thread so far, he just does not feel like he wants to help in the scum hunting.

Spoiler: Post 200 to end of Day 1
  • General Comment: Just hit post
    224 231 234
    259, and that is a lot of people being prodded day 1 :o
  • Post Catboi with some reads, definitely helping my read on him, I am coming around to the idea of Catboi possibly being town now
  • Post , Hm. Early Day 1 "Not Mafia being a troll is better then any thing else I have to go on" is a reasonable RVS, but 250+ posts in, it seems a bit weak of an argument. Like you should have something to go on, which is better then "but not mafia is a troll," which is better then another blind vote. Negative town points for Meuh.
  • Post This is why Meuh lost town points for the NM vote, but catboi didn't. he is at least making the case that NM might legitimately be scum this game.
  • General Comment: Norwee has put a lot of work into defending NM, like a lot. Which is strange considering their opening. If NM ever flips red, I will become suspicious of Norwegianboy
  • Post Catboi makes a good point. There were only 2 votes on NM, that makes norwee's strong defense even more odd
  • Post Nice post by Pear. Gaining some town points imo
  • General Comment: Overall vibe from Norwee has been steadily dropping.
  • General Comment: General vibe from Catboi also dropping, but they cannot be partners. Currently have them as an either/or scum read
  • Post , Pear has lost their town points. Not liking the mental gymnastics he jumped through in this post to shade Norwee
  • Post , Meuh losing more town points. "I think he is scum, because he is scum reading me" is a really weak stance to take, especially given the fact that she clearly has some mafia experience
  • Post , Incredibly, Meuh is losing even more town points. They started Day 1 building incredible amounts of town cred imo, but by this point, they really are giving off the vibe "almost any vote out is fine by me"
  • Post Major alarm bells going off! This one deserves its own post to talk about.
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Pearofclubs »

This is an interesting statement. "We stopped the kill N1. "
Is that actually what happened?
Might've been a No-Kill Gambit.
Don't kill anyone, see if power roles out themselves, fakeclaim if you need to on the defense.
Then we come across this-
In post 549, marcistar wrote: How many votes am I at..? I'll claim if I need to, but i'm not sure if I need to now.. or if i should wait a bit longer..?
So clearly if marci's scum, claiming is on her mind, but
In post 452, marcistar wrote:
In post 439, T3 wrote:If we do have the jailkeeper we have a mafia.
I remember last game I played, jailkeep was used as a healer instead of trying to rb scum? So jailkeep wouldn't be sure about their info..?

anyways im not jailkeep :P
This kinda limits her ability to claim, unless she's planning on saying she said this to divert attention.
pedit: I haven't read your post yet, Lukewarm. I'll get on that right now :P
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I think I may have just caught a scum making a slip during my read through!

I would like everyone to compare PearfoClubs posts and post . I think you might find some harsh inconsistencies.
In post 124, Pearofclubs wrote:I actually was explicitly suspicious of someone in my last game because they were super helpful. I thought it was them trying to steer suspicions away from themselves and appear nice and helpful. Turns out it was just a helpful person.
Shame we lost because of that suspicion, but live and learn, right?
Basically, he claims, that in his last game, he scum read someone for being helpful, but they were actually
town
, and therefore lost the game.

In post 419, Pearofclubs wrote:This means that people are, at least to some degree, suspecting him less because he's giving gameplay advice and assistance. My last game a very helpful and nice player that I townread early on turned out to be scum. Perspectives get tainted by appreciating things like that
Basically, he claims, that in his last game, he townread someone for being helpful, but they were actually
scum
, and therefore lost the game.

Hopefully, everyone sees the discrepancy here. So it seems to me, like he was making up a story to try and get people to agree with his push at the time, and did not realize that he had already made up the exact opposite story. This reeks of scum trying to manipulate town.

I would very much like to go ahead and drop a vote here on Pear, but I am going to get fully caught up before I cast any votes. I am going to step a way for a bit to take a break, but I will be caught up before I go to bed tonight!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”