Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 716, T3 wrote:Lukewarm, catboi. If you are town then you should not have trouble with voting VFP.
If me voicing my reads and concerns gets me vote out, it gets me voted out, but I am going to hold out hope my read can pass the vote for as long as possible.

I'm gonna leave my vote on Catboi until ~1 hour before the deadline, but will hammer either the VFP wagon or my own to avoid a no elim if needed.

If I die before then, let me just say for posterity, I'm pretty sure Catboi is scum.
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 721, marcistar wrote:i wanna do that, but if i do that before posting my big post ive been writing will it all go to waste?
I'd like to hear what Marci wants to say, first.
"I imagine he/she is a sociopath with subtle degrees of manipulation who is posing as a newbie."
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:42 am

Post by T3 »

VFP pushed Pear because he knew he would either get a future confirmed townie voted out or force the doc to claim.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:46 am

Post by T3 »

In post 725, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 716, T3 wrote:Lukewarm, catboi. If you are town then you should not have trouble with voting VFP.
If me voicing my reads and concerns gets me vote out, it gets me voted out, but I am going to hold out hope my read can pass the vote for as long as possible.

I'm gonna leave my vote on Catboi until ~1 hour before the deadline, but will hammer either the VFP wagon or my own to avoid a no elim if needed.

If I die before then, let me just say for posterity, I'm pretty sure Catboi is scum.
We hear your reads. But if you vote VFP the town automatically wins.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:47 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 607, Not_Mafia wrote:marci vote VFP
Ah sorry I had to dip for class, I do agree he's scummy. Imma read up the rest of the thread before placing my vote there tho in case anythings changed.
In post 608, catboi wrote:I thought she had been softing that but honestly I wanted the claim to be out in the open. This doesn't fully clear Meuh since mafia can multitask but it makes her more likely town than not
Whyd u want my claim in the open..? just because i was close to being elimed?

(praying its the right post) seems like VFPS just latching onto the bandwagon lukewarm has been trying to get going... in efforts to save himself maybe? Pretty scummy imo.

And then,
In post 616, Lukewarm wrote:I don't have a scum read on VFP atm. I currently have them as a null read. I would need some good arguments built around him being scum before I would be willing to vote for him.
seems like partners protecting eachother till death do them apart <3 (but not in a way to make it obvious)
In post 622, Lukewarm wrote:Everyone probably knows this, but it is a newbie game, so might as well make sure; you can counter claim this even if you are not the tracker. A tracker and a cop cannot be in the same game, so a cop in addition to a tracker, can counter claim this
It kinda seems like ur fishing for a counter here. Don't believe me?
In post 624, Meuh wrote:
Doc
protection :shifty: what's up with that?
I originally didn't think of the catboi quote you quoted for this, but when u made it bright big text it spoke to me on a spiritual level.
Tbh, I don't know quite if catboi completely meant it has to be a doc, i know sometimes in general I just refer to anything that can stop a nk as a doc.. I know theres some of those in the setups, maybe he could think like this too?
In post 626, Meuh wrote:Catboi has me a bit uneasy
What makes you uneasy about him..? I remembered u townreading him last day.
In post 627, Lukewarm wrote:I cannot for the life of me, understand why everyone is so resistant to a pear vote. Like no one has made a town case for him that I have seen, and he just feels so scummy to me (even ignoring the anecdote thing)
I hate the idea of a pearofclubs vote so much because d1 it felt like they were genuinely doing things without an ulterior motive, does that make sense?
In post 629, catboi wrote:If T3 or marci express a willingness to vote me I'll claim.

I think Lukewarm is playing like obvscum, beyond that I don't have strong reads to leave
Do you have something to claim..? It quite seems like it here. How does lukewarm seem like an obvscum to you?

its obvious t3 misread or something here, but the chunk of posts, looking at it with that logic, I like. Though this doesn't weigh too heavily on my reads.
^
Vfps response after that chunk, I don't know if it seems genuine.
In post 641, VFP wrote:Why would you think that Catboi CC Marci here and still want to vote NM?
It just assumes he read it as a CC, I think he just completely skimmed over, or misread the names. I think its an attempt to place sus, while knowing its true, to make himself look better.

I didn't really think about that wth, that does make it seem a bit more damning.

At this point hes pushing
only
pear. Seems weird. :?
In post 649, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm the doc, I was on Pear, now vote VFP or catboi
So pears town okai. At this point its looking more like a VFP X Lukewarm.
In post 651, Meuh wrote:Would scum push for a Pear elim considering what N_M just revealed?
I think in certain situations it would make sense. Like, scum could possibly do that just to gain more info for themselves based on reactions.
In post 659, Meuh wrote:I mean I don't think they'd just hop off the wagon immediately after Marci's claim, that'd look worse than just pushing on Pear
I'm confused at this post, can you explain pretty please?
In post 665, Meuh wrote:Marci and Pear haven't
Considering they're both being cleared as town their input would be nice
You know the one nikki minaj song people put over something when someones rushing to do something? Thats me rn trying to do this post before going off to do my hw due today. :cool:
In post 670, catboi wrote:I think scum intentionally tried to push pear to see who would defend them so they could narrow down the doctor. In that light VFP and Lukewarm both look terrible. I think T3 is the town out of that group, but I'm not sure of it.
So like thinking about it, I don't understand both scum pushing on pear as much. I feel like that would be too damning to both scum if they did that..?
But thats just a bit of theory, I still scumread them both based on interactions they've had with eachother.
I feel so bad for them :-( maybe it just slipped their minds how obvious it would be.

I don't really agree with and it just confuses me even more, is more of a clear reason to me.
In post 682, Meuh wrote:I have a hard time imagining Catboi being scummates with anyone tbh
In post 683, Meuh wrote:Like his behaviour in isolation I can see from scum but looking at the broader scope of the game, I can't really picture Catboi as part of the mafia
That could always be his goal, to make it so hard to tell who his teammate is so that we run around like headless chickens. Though that seems a bit unlikely, I wanna keep that in mind.

Is this about VFP? its so hard for me to tell, im sorry im dumb but alot of names confuses me too much.

you repeated yourself a bit :P

AHHH OMG idk if this is everything I wanted to say, I forgot what I wasnted to say to a few posts ;-; but is this good? I hope none of these are incomplete thoughts but I kinda rushed it..
How many votes is VFP on? I'll vote him, but I don't remember the rules of hammering.. is it gonna be a hammer?
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:48 am

Post by marcistar »

that looks so big, but i wrote it as I was reading i'm sorry if its too much :cry:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 am

Post by catboi »

In post 729, marcistar wrote:Whyd u want my claim in the open..? just because i was close to being elimed?
Because I figured there was probably a doctor and I wanted to be sure you'd be protected. I know that's dumb but w/e.

I have no idea what the current vote count is. I'd switch back to VFP.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

You're not confirmed to anyone but yourself T3
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:58 am

Post by marcistar »

VOTE: VFP I tried looking at votes, I don't think this would be hammer, but i'm unsure. If It is i'm sorry for not announcing intention. I think this would be the best flip for today.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:03 am

Post by marcistar »

whos left in the pool of scum?

t3, catboi and lukewarm?
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:04 am

Post by VFP »

Catboi is still the better vote in terms of giving an extra clear with a scum down, but I think it's still a win regardless.
T3 is going to be town here and Catboi / Lukewarm are going to be the scum team.

Just go with that and don't let anyone de rail tomorrow.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:04 am

Post by VFP »

In post 734, marcistar wrote:whos left in the pool of scum?

t3, catboi and lukewarm?
Catboi and Lukewarm.
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

I agree, marci. I doubt that both scum would've been involved in pushing me D2.
If one did, they could figure out who the PR is, and it's less likely for them both to get caught.
And it's not unreasonable for a new swap in to suspect me, but if that was the game plan for D2, then it's more likely Catboi/VFP.

VFP swapped in over Sama, who didn't post anything D2.
Luke swapped in over Ink3ro, who DID post D2, was generally townread, and DIDN'T understand the push on me:
In post 512, iN3krO wrote:I'll try to read marcistar and pears isos by tonight so I can try and understand the push on them.

It kinda surprises me that VFP has T3 as a strong town read, I'm mostly aprehensive by T3 playstyle. The way he hastly wrote VFP off as an unreadable player rubbed me the wrong way.
So if that was the plan for D2, I have to look at VFP who pushed me from the get-go day 2. Ink3ro flat out didn't understand the scumread on me.
It's VFP/Catboi, methinks.
"I imagine he/she is a sociopath with subtle degrees of manipulation who is posing as a newbie."
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

Also worth noting, at this point scum might elect to not kill tonight, in order to throw off our attempts to use marci to pseudo-rolecop.
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Meuh »

[quote="In post 729, marcistar"
In post 659, Meuh wrote:I mean I don't think they'd just hop off the wagon immediately after Marci's claim, that'd look worse than just pushing on Pear
I'm confused at this post, can you explain pretty please? [/quote]
My point was that your claim put this game in the B2 slot. If the mafia was pushing on Pear because they believed the kill was prevented by a jailkeeper (which would mean the jailkeeper wouldn't know Pear is town), then knowing it's in B2 would shift their perspective on if they should push on Pear or not. However, the people pushing on Pear wouldn't completely stop pushing him because of this, since it'd look scummy to hop off the wagon suddenly.
This isn't a very important post to understand though honestly so dw
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:08 am

Post by VFP »

In post 738, Pearofclubs wrote:Also worth noting, at this point scum might elect to not kill tonight, in order to throw off our attempts to use marci to pseudo-rolecop.
Should have kept this for tomorrow.
But no, NM is always killed tonight.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:08 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 737, Pearofclubs wrote:So if that was the plan for D2, I have to look at VFP who pushed me from the get-go day 2. Ink3ro flat out didn't understand the scumread on me.
Theres no importance over which one to get right..? Since its just a rolecop game?

I'm not sure who would be VFP's teammate but he sure is the scummyest.
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:09 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 739, Meuh wrote:[quote="In post 729, marcistar"
I'm confused at this post, can you explain pretty please?
My point was that your claim put this game in the B2 slot. If the mafia was pushing on Pear because they believed the kill was prevented by a jailkeeper (which would mean the jailkeeper wouldn't know Pear is town), then knowing it's in B2 would shift their perspective on if they should push on Pear or not. However, the people pushing on Pear wouldn't completely stop pushing him because of this, since it'd look scummy to hop off the wagon suddenly.
This isn't a very important post to understand though honestly so dw[/quote]
AHHH okay thanks I understand now
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 738, Pearofclubs wrote:Also worth noting, at this point scum might elect to not kill tonight, in order to throw off our attempts to use marci to pseudo-rolecop.
Nah if they do that they're just gonna lose the game, with 3 confirmed, me kinda cleared and 3 people left otherwise the team would just get POEd
Only scumteams that could consider that as a viable option are Meuhx? teams but that's not what we're dealing with
Plus no point in pondering this, we'll see tomorrow, if there isn't a kill N_M can out that info and we'll go on from there
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 741, marcistar wrote:
In post 737, Pearofclubs wrote:So if that was the plan for D2, I have to look at VFP who pushed me from the get-go day 2. Ink3ro flat out didn't understand the scumread on me.
Theres no importance over which one to get right..? Since its just a rolecop game?

I'm not sure who would be VFP's teammate but he sure is the scummyest.
Yeah with outed PRs, either scumteam member can be elimed and it doesn't matter
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 740, VFP wrote:
Should have kept this for tomorrow.
But no, NM is always killed tonight.
Maybe I should've waited until tomorrow.
But your advice isn't exactly the most trustworthy in this situation, and I'd prefer everyone know all the options ahead of time. Gives us more time to think on every angle tonight.
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 743, Meuh wrote: Only scumteams that could consider that as a viable option are Meuhx? teams but that's not what we're dealing with
You would say that :P

But I think you're being honest.
-Clidd, Newbie 2018
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 746, Pearofclubs wrote:
In post 743, Meuh wrote: Only scumteams that could consider that as a viable option are Meuhx? teams but that's not what we're dealing with
You would say that :P

But I think you're being honest.
:P ofc ofc
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Meuh »

Yeah I'm on board with a VFP elim, will vote sometime later tonight, but no reason for us not to vibe for a bit longer :cool:
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

For now, a votecount would be good.
I'm convinced enough, I'll hammer VFP if need be, but no reason not to let the clock wind down a bit more first.
-Clidd, Newbie 2018

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”