Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

welcome back yall!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by notscience »

Be town or die :(
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Iverson »

I don't want to have an ideological debate midgame. You can take it up with me in postgame if you find my play on this account unsatisfactory in its drive to win, Kismet.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by The Bulge »

atp I should be prioritizing trying to bleed town a little over getting my own bearings sorted, that's fair
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1927, Iverson wrote:I don't want to have an ideological debate midgame. You can take it up with me in postgame if you find my play on this account unsatisfactory in its drive to win, Kismet.
i had a smiley face and everything though
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Iverson »

While I understand the concern, I am extremely riled up by the comment and its implication to the point of anger and did not find either it or the followup in good fun.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Kismet »

aight, mea culpa. didn't mean anything by it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1923, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i think not_mafia actually posting real thoughts is scum-indicative for him ... like he posts more 'real' / less inane stuff when he's scum i'm p sure
the fact that the wagon is actually happening now but didn't really happen yesterday makes me think that if he's scum they're cool with bussing him now
mind meld
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1926, notscience wrote:Be town or die :(
LMAO
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

sorry i had to go deal with something
In post 1926, notscience wrote:Be town or die :(
where are you holding with the bulge .... do u think that e1 vote can come from town?

~ skitter
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

i'm not really liking iverson thus far

~ skitter
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1844, Kismet wrote:i guess my big point here is that people who think mara is scum should either be

1) pushing mara, "hot amazeballs scum counterwagon to flipped town"
2) finding who in the fuck was scum pushing nacho, which mara built up as a counterwagon to

going on nm to me, as someone who thinks mara is scum out of the gate is ?????????
(mara is mom, right)
i don't really like mara independantly but my issue with calling her scum is sort of this first point here: why the fuck did her counterwagon even happen
nacho's wagon obviously predated hers so his wasn't, like, a *response* to scum-her's, so that narrative for scum-her just doesn't even make sense

and for the second point, well, that's kinda the conceit of the game, figuring out who was scum pushing nacho there and, more interestingly, why it stalled so many times given that he flipped town. that's kinda the question that i'm mulling over rn

~ skitter
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1847, Not_Mafia wrote:I think you're town and Salsa is pretty transparent, cakez whole trajectory is pretty disgusting,
he makes posts with a lot of words and looks like he's solving but his conclusions are always so surface level and obvious
no
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1852, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1839, Kismet wrote:even considering that potential point, i'm still keeping cakez at arm's length right now.
In post 1307, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1304, Momrangal wrote:VOTE: Not Mafia
also
what the hell is this?
In post 1309, SirCakez wrote:if Nacho flips scum then we have a great scum pool of (Mom, Peta, DC,
NM
) to work with
is somewhat problematic cogdis for me and doesn't allow for mara being town who didn't want to vote nacho

it's even worse considering this is essentially the scum pool cakez has anyway (or at least cakez is still scumreading all of these slots)

trajectory on mara in particular is very sloppy to me.
I don't understand what you mean.
to be more clear then:

if nm is scum to you why are you so affronted by her voting him?

what does nacho flipping town mean for your pool? it seemed like you were predicating a lot of your mom scumread on nacho also being scum (, ) and more in general that pool being scum around nacho being scum, but he flipped town and your reads are exactly the same and therefore i'm having a harder time seeing that thought process as legitimate
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1791, Not_Mafia wrote:Scum are going all out to get 2-0 and put us on the back foot for the rest of the game, there’s at least 1, probably 2 scum already on me here, if I were scum I would 100% have been the sacrifice
why didn't they try to flip you yesterday, and why would you have 100% been the sacrifice

(why i'm asking questions that i'm probably not going to get an answer to is beyond me, but eh)

~ skitter
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by notscience »

I would like bulge to interact with me some. Him writing me off as easy as he has (while yes what I want to hear) is weird in retrospect. As the pool keeps narrowing he hasn't shown me enough to escape it and I don't think I'm dying any time soon and I hate being in fucking mylo with him

I hate mylo in general

Re: Iverson (now that I am actually home) I think us butting heads is kinda par for the course. If notmaf is town I'd be more concerned there, which reminds me- viewtopic.php?t=83299&f=2&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

I suppose the similarities aren't fully the same and are more OMGUSy in nature. But given how the wagon has gone with little fight back (just like yesterdays) there is some skepticism here.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1936, Venus Fly Trap wrote:nacho's wagon obviously predated hers so his wasn't, like, a *response* to scum-her's, so that narrative for scum-her just doesn't even make sense
i mean peta came in angling to defend nacho, something that i think we can both agree is oblique to his wincon given they've both flipped.

When looked at in that light, he may have just wanted to pocket nacho thinking nacho would wiggle out of the elim inevitably, or really just decided nacho was town before receiving his scum pm and decided just to roll with it and see where it look him.

Everything downstream of that likely wasn't particularly planned, which means mara could be whatever, although i feel like trying to counterwagon another townie there has very little risk compared to the amount of reward it potentially incurs, but we get into WIFOM there and meh.

more salient is that i think mara's own reaction to the nacho wagon just seemed really town to me and i'm having a hard time letting go of that.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Kismet »

if there's one player i absolutely do not fucking trust myself to meta correctly, ever, it's not_mafia.

low average content means less data and having it easy to tailor your playstyle to whatever people are expecting from you at the time
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1935, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i'm not really liking iverson thus far

~ skitter
what's wrong w/ iverson thus far?
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Iverson »

I got the criticism Kismet but anything about my integrity is just...touchy in ways that should be obvious given how much heart and soul I put into the game. This account does not exist to troll or half-ass.
In post 1935, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i'm not really liking iverson thus far

~ skitter
Be specific.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by notscience »

I mean Im not I was just explaining my off the cuff read from work with the benchmark I used

It actually wasnt why I townread him in popcorn either

But anyways, I wonder if nacho was the competing wagon with L/G? If so theres most likely scum in our townblock. I mean I kinda think so already. But I'm paranoid. And fearmongering.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

it's kinda unfortunate that we're playing a game literally called perpetual mylo then >.>

the bulge i was kinda hoping i could outsource that read to you but:
- you still don't have a really solid read on him
- i feel like i need to firm up my read on *you* rn

so i'm not sure how viable of a plan that still is. i'm kinda thinking he's scum tbh, esp. that e1

r.e. iverson i disliked his push on you and his one on cakez. idk who he is but if the two of you usually clash that is something i will bear in mind. i still don't like the cakez push tho

for notmafia - i don't think i actually have ever seen a towngame of his where he posted that much (and that much content), so given that i retract the point that actually posting content is inherently +scum for him
but i agree that the quickwagon there with little resistance is quite bizarre, esp in comparison with yesterday. like it basically feels to me that yesterday scum *didn't* want him flipped, but today they do (or at the very least don't care). which doesn't like absolve him of being scum but if he is scum i think he's getting bussed
and people who were very pro nm yesterday (ahem dc) are +town imo

(aside i really wish all mods fully updated the op upon completing a game)

~ skitter

pedit oh more posts, one sec
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1944, Iverson wrote:I got the criticism Kismet but anything about my integrity is just...touchy in ways that should be obvious given how much heart and soul I put into the game. This account does not exist to troll or half-ass.
i really was just poking fun at the way you phrased it. i did not mean to imply that anything you'd done was looked like it was low-effort and i apologize for the bad communication, truly.
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Iverson »

Yeah, I get that the phrasing on my end was not great even if literally true
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Iverson »

In post 1946, Venus Fly Trap wrote:r.e. iverson i disliked his push on you and his one on cakez. idk who he is but if the two of you usually clash that is something i will bear in mind. i still don't like the cakez push tho
So break it down. This is still vague.

Cakez push was more trying to get him to be more thoughtful and read a reaction than anything I found scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”