Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Iverson »

Notscience push is legitimate and I gave very specific points of disbelief for you to evaluate, though I'm on my phone and can't link them.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1941, Kismet wrote:
In post 1936, Venus Fly Trap wrote:nacho's wagon obviously predated hers so his wasn't, like, a *response* to scum-her's, so that narrative for scum-her just doesn't even make sense
i mean peta came in angling to defend nacho, something that i think we can both agree is oblique to his wincon given they've both flipped.

When looked at in that light, he may have just wanted to pocket nacho thinking nacho would wiggle out of the elim inevitably, or really just decided nacho was town before receiving his scum pm and decided just to roll with it and see where it look him.

Everything downstream of that likely wasn't particularly planned, which means mara could be whatever, although i feel like trying to counterwagon another townie there has very little risk compared to the amount of reward it potentially incurs, but we get into WIFOM there and meh.

more salient is that i think mara's own reaction to the nacho wagon just seemed really town to me and i'm having a hard time letting go of that.
yeah i'm not sure how much we can ascribe motivation to waht peta was doing given how he repped in and the choices/pushes he made; i feel like if we want to try to gain useful info from that slot looking at l/g's iteration of it is probably going to carry more weight for me

but i was noting that mara really doesn't make sense as a 'scum cw to townnacho' basically

i'm gonna be honest i'm not fully sure i get your townread of mara

~ skitter
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by notscience »

That's fine skitter. I think if he's scum he's probably avoiding me to continue to rack up the pressure. I'm going to interact with him when I Get the chance, but I think for the time being I wouldn't trust my reads. If I feel solid footing I'll say something.

Cakez is just discrediting me because its really hard to get to a scumread on me and not just get jumped on, maybe if you kill like bork? Maybe?

Regarding mena- I'm not really sure how scum-mena stances around townie wagons he's not already on? Does he cheerlead or whiteknight typically?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Iverson »

notscience I instantly read you correctly in [X] games we played together despite my disdain for much of your play, with a questionable choice buying you time as scum once.

Meanwhile here I am powershoving you.

Why does this have anything to do with a history of butting heads?
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Iverson »

That doesn't preclude my being wrong but this is not at all typical.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1951, Venus Fly Trap wrote:i'm gonna be honest i'm not fully sure i get your townread of mara
just would be flabbergasted if scum ever thought to make
and just the general consistent, unflappable sentiment around that

it's not a flashy read, but it's not really a weak one either. mara easily could've been the n1 scum flip here if scum.

it's exactly why i was checking to see if she was around EoD yesterday - i wanted to see what she'd do.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by notscience »

Meh I viewed it as such.

I get if you think I'm scum. I'm not really going to argue it anymore, I'm trying to look at other stuff. If you want to kill me today feel free.

ninja-
Thats actually a really good point.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1830, Iverson wrote:Cakez, there are two implications here. Both are bad.

One is that they're just fake reads from scum, split up to give the appearance of cognition.

The other is that you're not putting any thought into them at all.
i understood this as the first point (i.e. a scumread) and that you were calling him scum for making up reads in the moment
but rereading it's actually the latter; that's my bad for reading too fast, apologies

~

for notsci i'm kinda disliking that you're expecting him to have some sort of substantial engagement with nm and are dinging him for not when ... it's nm. this is kinda irkign me.
In post 1873, Iverson wrote:I will say I am very willing to flip both of these slots right now. (NM/NS).

NM's reads here are intentionally curbed to be reactionary and neutral on flup. NS claims to want to live up to his promise with Mena, votes NM, then shows a complete lack of interest in substantively engaging with the slot. He noticeably has not chewed on or thought about the game overnight.
like i don't think he's done anything anything, like, strong enough for you to have this strong of a read on him yet, if that makes sense
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1938, Kismet wrote:
In post 1852, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1839, Kismet wrote:even considering that potential point, i'm still keeping cakez at arm's length right now.
In post 1307, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1304, Momrangal wrote:VOTE: Not Mafia
also
what the hell is this?
In post 1309, SirCakez wrote:if Nacho flips scum then we have a great scum pool of (Mom, Peta, DC,
NM
) to work with
is somewhat problematic cogdis for me and doesn't allow for mara being town who didn't want to vote nacho

it's even worse considering this is essentially the scum pool cakez has anyway (or at least cakez is still scumreading all of these slots)

trajectory on mara in particular is very sloppy to me.
I don't understand what you mean.
to be more clear then:

if nm is scum to you why are you so affronted by her voting him?

what does nacho flipping town mean for your pool? it seemed like you were predicating a lot of your mom scumread on nacho also being scum (, ) and more in general that pool being scum around nacho being scum, but he flipped town and your reads are exactly the same and therefore i'm having a harder time seeing that thought process as legitimate
I SRed Mom independently of Nacho, Nacho being scum would have just been gravy
Peta flipping scum means that pool I had is not totally dead.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1725, Momrangal wrote:Also, I think the first no elimination is town sided, so I'm not particularly assed to jump on an elimination that I think could be a mistake
i'm gonna be honest i dont' 100% understand why the first no-elim is town-sided
i'm actually not sure that no-elims are even possible? or what would happen in that universe
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Kismet »

it's in the rules, it's basically a deadline extension
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1952, notscience wrote:Cakez is just discrediting me because its really hard to get to a scumread on me and not just get jumped on, maybe if you kill like bork? Maybe?
Lol what? The only thing I've criticized you for is your SR on me for obvious reasons.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by notscience »

Threw shade

Criticized

discredit

tomato tomato
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Iverson »

In post 1957, Venus Fly Trap wrote:for notsci i'm kinda disliking that you're expecting him to have some sort of substantial engagement with nm and are dinging him for not when ... it's nm. this is kinda irkign me.
Early in the game he promoted NM as readable given time. He opened with a vote on NM and gave the spiel about being wrong and listening to Mena.

NM shows up and gives content. Notscience's response was not to ask questions while he has the chance, not to comment on the content given, but to unvote and randomly flop onto Cakez without any explanation at all until I hounded him and he gave some bizarre bit about expecting Cakez town to push him (notsci). When hounded he also gave NM being town because ~some~ (trivially easy to fake) content

This does not look like trying to sort NM to me and only some of it can be explained by his identity.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1952, notscience wrote:Cakez is just discrediting me because its really hard to get to a scumread on me and not just get jumped on, maybe if you kill like bork? Maybe?
i mean i'm not sure his reaction was so outta line given your vote on him ...

pedit yeah that
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1960, Kismet wrote:it's in the rules, it's basically a deadline extension
i read the op like three tiems and managed to miss the bolded bit explainign that >.>
ok i'm not really sure i see it being particularly townsided
idk
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1965, Venus Fly Trap wrote:ok i'm not really sure i see it being particularly townsided
i think the point i was trying to make is it was a vehicle to take the game back to square one w/o an elim and get more time w/o removing someone she thought was town, when the only other option would've likely been her

i don't know why she used that exact phrase either.
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Iverson »

I would be very curious to hear more specifically why people think notscience is town.

NM cited tone, his tone was fine in Warehouse so I don't buy it.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 700, Kismet wrote:re: notscience. i think everything scum-ns does is typically just lacking a layer of temerity, even if it's sometimes analytic in nature, it doesn't break the barriers of someone being legitimately confident in engaging with the thread or its occupants.

i think solidly clears that bar for me. NS might be the only player on site i'd be so confident in here, but i just continue not to worry about him, even if he's not been omnipresent.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Iverson »

I'm inclined to believe Kismet's point on Mara, which leaves me at basically

Town: Kismet, Mara, Infinity
No opinion: Cakez, VFT, DC, Bulge
Scum: NM, NS
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Iverson »

Oh boy 685 is going to be a fun time for me to untangle
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Iverson »

In post 685, notscience wrote:But I think Cakez is town at this point so this is all moot anyways
Don't mind me just cherry picking, what?
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Kismet »

re: noddy read:

more presence/confidence than just tone to me

he doesn't go toe to toe w/ nacho the whole game and break out the whole cobra kai schtick as scum.

i think posts like are things that legitimately affect his psyche as town that i don't think he's quite got the handle on to fake as scum

he maybe gloms onto me like he has this game as scum but i feel like he's always a little bit afraid that i'm going to catch on.

THAT SAID:
i don't mind your push as i think it is more likely to make his true alignment known over time.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 1971, Iverson wrote:
In post 685, notscience wrote:But I think Cakez is town at this point so this is all moot anyways
Don't mind me just cherry picking, what?
When I gave my warehouse reads they were my actual reads like if I read the game as town. I felt like he didnt seem like scum here. He was more in line with what I saw from him in legends of the hidden temple.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Iverson »

That quote is because today you claimed there was no reason to townread him other than sheeping you.

Reads are malleable and positions change but what were those things no longer apply

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”