Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 1946, Venus Fly Trap wrote:r.e. iverson i disliked his push on you and his one on cakez. idk who he is but if the two of you usually clash that is something i will bear in mind. i still don't like the cakez push tho
rereading this push from iverson -> noddy today i'm not sure how i feel yet

on one hand, i do kinda think noddy's jump from nm to someone else was poorly explained at the time, and if you scumread nm independently of that, then i can kinda see this take
on the other, i do feel like a lot of the push is getting stuck on noddy being vague or opaque or even lazy in the moment a la , which i don't think is a very good reason to scumread someone.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

indeed
and like i kinda said this last night ... but the conviction of iversen's read on notsci, especially in conjunction with what notsci had actually done today (i.e. while iversen was in the game/reading along), doesn't really match up to me

especially since he's dinging notsci for not trying to sort nm of all people

i owe a few people some responses, getting to that
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

iversen i guess like .... idk who you are but do you have an opinion on how easy it is, in general, to form a read on not mafia?
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1962, notscience wrote:Threw shade

Criticized

discredit

tomato tomato
notsci that being said i really, really, really dislike your cakez take/push today
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1963, Iverson wrote:
In post 1957, Venus Fly Trap wrote:for notsci i'm kinda disliking that you're expecting him to have some sort of substantial engagement with nm and are dinging him for not when ... it's nm. this is kinda irkign me.
Early in the game he promoted NM as readable given time. He opened with a vote on NM and gave the spiel about being wrong and listening to Mena.

NM shows up and gives content. Notscience's response was not to ask questions while he has the chance, not to comment on the content given, but to unvote and randomly flop onto Cakez without any explanation at all until I hounded him and he gave some bizarre bit about expecting Cakez town to push him (notsci). When hounded he also gave NM being town because ~some~ (trivially easy to fake) content

This does not look like trying to sort NM to me and only some of it can be explained by his identity.
notsci you are the person who claimed they can read nm, right? i feel like you said that in ... jk++ maybe but as i remembered that i remembered you were also scum with him so that, uh, may not be a good source to cite

the thing with nm showing up and giving content is that a) by itself that's a rariety b) it's an utter crapshoot whether or not he'll respond with anything meaningful if you try to engage with him
so i don't particularly have an issue with the fact that notsci didn't engage said content given who's posting it

i'm also p sure that the unvote came just after mena voted and proclaimed e1, no? like i understand the unvote there too
the vote on cakez is lazy, sure.

but i'm not sure i find the interactions with nm scummy here

~ skitter
whoops above is me ^
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1966, Kismet wrote:
In post 1965, Venus Fly Trap wrote:ok i'm not really sure i see it being particularly townsided
i think the point i was trying to make is it was a vehicle to take the game back to square one w/o an elim and get more time w/o removing someone she thought was town, when the only other option would've likely been her

i don't know why she used that exact phrase either.
thanks i appreciate you explaining it cuz i didn't really get where you were coming from off of that read

but i'm gonna be honest at the time the mara wagon was a thing it reached max three votes and the nacho wagon was p inevitable ... i'm not so sure that scum-her in that position even *would* be that worried about getting flipped there *despite* being wagoned
especially since the biggest proponent of her wagon is peta
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1967, Iverson wrote:I would be very curious to hear more specifically why people think notscience is town.

NM cited tone, his tone was fine in Warehouse so I don't buy it.
the townread isn't as strong for me as it was yesterday
but it isn't really based on tone

it's more that he's interacting quite a lot in real time and like i can kinda see literally in front of me how his thoughts are evolving as more thigns are posted and as he gains more information
not sure he's that nuanced/quick to respond as scum if that makes sense
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by notscience »

Give me a few days please. Thursday is my day off and I just have some homework to catch up on. Even tomorrow is a long one for me too.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

and isn't as like ~sloppy~ and kinda like ~uncaring how other people perceive him~

pedit no worries, i had (am having?) some days like that too :)
Iverson
Iverson
Goon
Iverson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Iverson »

Kismet, I suspect temerity might sufficiently answer my problems with notscience. It does not help that the courage and bravado is a house of cards prone to falling apart. I want to revisit it later, but something I wanted to ask your opinion on was whether he was legitimately trying to sort me yesterday. I don't think he was: in the lack of questions, bite back, and in using my open invitation for questions to immediately front run the concern by trying to explain his read on me instead. Yesterday I thought it was +scum. Now I'm less convinced.

Skitter, I asked how you specifically read my pushes on Cakez/notsci
in tandem
, and whether the read took anything from the sequence, shift over time, etc. or as individualized instances.

I am very aware of Not_Mafia being "virtually impossible" to read in the site consciousness. I am not sure if I agree, but this is personal. The issue is that notscience's description of the Cakez vote makes it seem like the switch was not motivated by a scumread or by trying to sort
either of NM or Cakez
. This is even discarding the idea that you should try anyway, that NM was giving content at the time, and that notsci specifically was interested in trying.

My question for you is: Can you, in your paraphrasing, describe why the vote on NM followed by the vote on Cakez made sense to notscience?

p-edit: Lot of posts, if you feel something is already answered feel free to skip but am too busy to read more rn
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 2030, Venus Fly Trap wrote:especially since the biggest proponent of her wagon is peta
i'll admit i've been thinking about why peta got flipped of all people but i have no insight into the level of planning that went into that decision
for all i know peta just yoloed the hammer and they decided because of that to get him out of the game
but yes, there's possibility for just massive WIFOM here i agree. still mostly echoes my thoughts on that

i still feel like mara could've taken a different angle easily as scum, but your point that nacho was much more likely than her to be the flip is something i acknowledge
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1977, notscience wrote:Re:Not Maf- I'm not standing in the way anymore actively but I do hold my skepticisms primarily for how easy this wagon seems today.
it's super weird in comparison to yesterday, for sure
as there was just no interest yesterday

i think scum are cool with it today
i'm not sure that inherently is +town tho

and i kinda want to take my time after yesterday and don't want the day to end too fast
and i'm p sure if he's scum here he self-hammers
so i do sort of want to put on the brakes there for a bit
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by notscience »

Peta was scum for the hammer plus his predecessor has meta history of lurking out as scum

If he hadn’t flipped I would have pushed it to hell and back today
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1978, Iverson wrote:skitter, did your read on me have anything to do with the Cakez/notscience pushes
in tandem
with how I shifted, or was it strictly individualized reactions?

I'm explicitly wondering how you put the pieces together.
very next post ^
they were mostly individualized instances

i saw the cakez thing and thought you were pushing him for bad reasons (and didn't ralize it wasn't actually a push)
i also saw your notsci read and didn't like it either.
i'm not sure the two really had much to do with each other really

and this might not be helpful but is sort of how i read (esp. when i'm skimming a lot all at once or catching up)
i kinda like a get ~vibe~ for what my reads are, but if i read a lot all at once i can't necessarily articulate what prompted it or where exactly it came from
and my vibe on you wasn't great, but it wasn't something that i was necessarily able to articulate in the spot of the moment and i had to go back and find exactly what i didn't like
so like i guess now that i write this out sort of both
like i didn't per se think the two thoughts were linked to each in that one shaped the other but i was sorting out how i was feeling about you and those were the two things that stuck out if that makes sense
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I do think peta would've been my top scumspect today too
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2034, Iverson wrote:My question for you is: Can you, in your paraphrasing, describe why the vote on NM followed by the vote on Cakez made sense to notscience?
he said he ws going to sheep mena today on nm if nacho was town
nacho was town
he entered voting nm
nm wagon shot up and he unvoted upon it being declared e1 (not that it was, but it may have looked like it in the moment)
i don't know if i understand the motivation for the cakez vote per se so much as notsci was just looking for somewhere to place his vote
but i don't really have an issue with this sequence of events
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

heya infinity
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 2035, Kismet wrote:
In post 2030, Venus Fly Trap wrote:especially since the biggest proponent of her wagon is peta
i'll admit i've been thinking about why peta got flipped of all people but i have no insight into the level of planning that went into that decision
for all i know peta just yoloed the hammer and they decided because of that to get him out of the game
but yes, there's possibility for just massive WIFOM here i agree. still mostly echoes my thoughts on that

i still feel like mara could've taken a different angle easily as scum, but your point that nacho was much more likely than her to be the flip is something i acknowledge
ig
idk. i just don't view it as townie as you.
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 2034, Iverson wrote:something I wanted to ask your opinion on was whether he was legitimately trying to sort me yesterday. I don't think he was: in the lack of questions, bite back, and in using my open invitation for questions to immediately front run the concern by trying to explain his read on me instead. Yesterday I thought it was +scum. Now I'm less convinced.
I don't believe that his objective at the time you were grilling him was sorting you, no.
but he didn't like come back w/ any kind of fabricated read that the end of the transaction, either
I don't really see an issue w/ though, considering it was in response to you and kind of at the buzzer before he had to bail
Kismet
Kismet
Goon
Kismet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Kismet »

In post 2042, Venus Fly Trap wrote:ig
idk. i just don't view it as townie as you.
that's fine. it's based on a gut assumption on my part that i can't really dig any deeper into. if shit gets weird i'll revisit.
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

i think peta probably doesn't live through today with that hammer and that's presumably why he got flipped
i am kinda wondering tho if nm is scum why they didn't just let him take the hammer
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Disaster Cartel »

Who cares, does it matter
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:40 pm

The important thing is we’re flipping him today
Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Venus Fly Trap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Venus Fly Trap »

In post 1983, notscience wrote:I’ll try to be here tomorrow morning or Wednesday morning but I have the CEO of my company here over the next few days so I’ll be busy.
oh also! i hope this goes well!

pedit i mean yes?
Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Feels a lot like it doesn’t

Or like there’s no conclusive answer that’s not WIFOM