Andresvmb
[2] - Etine, Dunnstral
DrippingGoofball
[1] - WindowsXP
NDMath
[1] - Anastasia

Not voting
- Cabd, samantha97, DeathNote

With 21 players alive, it will take 11 votes to achieve an elimination.

The deadline for Day 1 is Thursday, May 6 at 3:00 am EDT/7 GMT. You have (expired on 2021-05-06 03:00:00).

Mod Note
Etine v/la
Last edited by The Bulge on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1423, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1267, Anastasia wrote:I think Kitty/T3 are both good police officers who want to keep our beautiful town safe.

I would trust both of them.
does this mean you're TRing both cop claims

Yes, when I skimmed their ISOs I found them both to be fairly townie, I think it is safe to let them live and have the mafia worry about dealing with them.
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Etine »

I never got a chance to talk about
DeathNote
but I've been bothered by him for a while now. As an aside: I felt really bothered by being the center of attention. When I said "I love the attention" that was a lie too, I don't like attention and I'm a very introverted guy. Tonally I just think he's all wrong. I wasn't mentally there to comment on it but looking back on posts like , or . Not very telling posts? But his joking nature feels a bit too on the nose. The posts that follow really say nothing. The only really BIG thing he cared to comment about was my own slot and what happened. I hate having to make reads and assumptions based on how people treated me earlier but you do what you gotta do. I felt very lectured and not in a good conscience way from DeathNote, and to be honest it was very performative. His other posts that I didn't link all read mini-performative, and his tonal indifference/joking doesn't really make sense to me. I think DeathNote just doesn't know what to post about, or what to do because he's
Scummy
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1422, Save The Dragons wrote:i'm not sure that everyone commented on etine's alignment, are you scumreading other people for this?

I usually go one at a time when I review a game replacing in. Who else do you suspect for doing this? I'd be happy to look at them.

I don't particularly like Vasex because I think he moves from vote to vote without conviction - it feels like he is hunting for who is easy to push out - he has a loud voice.

So I looked at the activity list to see who was inactive/not posting and I saw NDMath. Then I looked at his ISO and found things that I thought were scum-indicative.

When I asked Vasex about this, Vasex's comments about NDMath made me believe they are aligned Mafia together.

Sometimes in games you look for what should be happening but is not happening. Why is NDMath skating by without any attention paid to him? Why is his post count under 10 without reason? Why are his comments about Etine so bland and vague?

I believe the explanation where he is scum would help fit all of this together.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

okay what do you think about samantha and dunnstral?
In post 688, Andresvmb wrote:I did end up reading Etine’s emotional reaction to being wagoned (not the Claim actually, just the reaction) as I was randomly scrolling through some of the pages, and it’s fairly obvious they’re Town.
what do you think of the quote above?
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 1215, Marky Mark wrote:It was the BP claim that made me initially think traitor/3rd party might be in the mix, but now that this turned out to be a fakeclaim, there are a bunch more potential motives open

consider this:
Etine claims under low pressure and gets towncred
T3 claims under low pressure and just happens to claim a role that's hard for town to verify without attempting to vig them
When pushed on their claim logic T3 then claims a completely different role, including the specific modifier
At a similar time a counterwagon springs up out of nowhere on Arte when T3 was in real danger of getting limmed

T3's logic is that their BP claim was gambit to ensure Kitty gets elimed without revealing their actual role, but general consensus was to lim Kitty D2 barring a major change of gamestate anyway regardless

I was thinking T3/Kitty S/S but just maaaybe T3/Vasex are actually S/S given the speed the Arte counterwagon gained pace
I was fine (not agree with but understand) with your logic but the last sentence feels like a huge jump to me. You're going from "T3 might be scum trying to get Kitty elim'd today" to "T3 and Kitty seem S/S or maybe Vasex"
In post 1216, Marky Mark wrote:The TLDR is why would a townie pull a fakeclaim gambit to lim a slot that was very likely going to be limmed D2 anyway
Why would a scum {copy-paste the rest}?
A townie could be over-excited at knowing a very likely scum from their pov, scum wouldn't have this motivation.

Spoiler: Anya Posts
In post 1231, Anya wrote:
In post 1172, Enchant wrote:
In post 1148, KittyTacky wrote:Yea I took the time to re-read much of this thread and Enchant is indeed... slipping.

VOTE: Enchant
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DUDE.

You just admitted you are in team with me with believing in slip. Do you even read game?
how can you think they're both wolf after this t4

kitty literally voted enchant for a "slip" that relies on both of them being partners

kitty's just using it as an excuse to vote enchant bc he's clearly wolf
In post 1232, Anya wrote:VOTE: Kitty

can't we just get the wolf and not have to spend a day swimming in ponds

You are missing a 'not' or something in the first of these two posts. What should it say?
In post 1276, KittyTacky wrote:I will admit my pointing-out of a "scumslip" was to justify Enchant just generally looking scummy to me and I needed a justification besides "he looks sus lol".
It sure would help if your reasons for reads were somewhat genuine.

In post 1288, Anastasia wrote:If you look at ND's posting iso, there is little substance and few posts.

Most importantly he does not seem to engage with the action that's happened already today in the major wagons.

He barely says anything about Etine's alignment - this type of hands off approach is often used by scum who do not want their fingerprints on an early town-wagon.

His read on kitty switched from town to scum fairly quickly and I don't really see the justification for the progression.
Etine - Was hands off since it wasn't my focus and I didn't have a read there.
Kitty - The roleclaim was poor and the posts immediately after & since worse.
In post 1299, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1011, T3 wrote:ugh you know what
vote kitty
if kitty isn't scum vote me tomorrow i'm just a 1 shot bulletproof and after everyone RANDOLY scumreading it's not like mafia will ever try to kill me
Roles do exist that can pierce through vests you know that right?
There's one (strongman). And it's rare at that.
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Etine »

I think
Rathe
is still weird to me too. His posts are all blahblahblahblah almost non-sequitur. If it needs a reference I do think the town is leading the discussion, but it seems Rathe only pitches in. And that pitching in by the way is very formless. His posts are non-discreet and reactionary, even if he isn't always responding to someone. It seems like he just skims the thread and then just types one sentence for every thought he's thinking of, but the relation of his own thoughts is messed up.
In post 646, Rathe wrote:
In post 628, Save The Dragons wrote:i feel scum!kitty says this in their scum PT only.
k this was my thought exactly
In post 648, Rathe wrote:if mafia is nervous they have a private thread to talk in
In post 649, Rathe wrote:i went to look back at y people thought kitty was mafia
In post 654, Rathe wrote:vasex with this is mine y do u still think kitty is mafia
In post 656, Rathe wrote:u believe if mafia was actually nervous they would say it in the big thread
In post 657, Rathe wrote:vasex initial scumread on kitty was fair i guess, but i think T3 jumping on was not good

I'm gonna direct quote Rathe here. Look at these chain of posts. The following 3 after the first one are very unnecessary. It just has very little coherence. Why did he need to mention he went to look at why people thought kitty was mafia? Why not complete the thought on kitty instead of segmenting them like this. I think for him maybe he believes if he posts more people will think it's townie? That's the only explanation I could find.
Scummy
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1337, Vasex wrote:Kitty, are you ready to vote Andre?
Yeah on a re-reading he is up there with Enchant, Cabd, et cetera.

VOTE: Andres

DGB vs Vasex reads strongly as TVT.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Etine »

Ana I think your post on NDMath is good and you've said it more elegantly than my dumb self could but would you be willing to talk about my own reads thus far?
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Etine »

I know T3 claimed cop but I think his play is still scummy. Not going to dissect it further. I never got why Kitty was a wagon or suspected honestly either.
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Etine »

In post 1428, Anastasia wrote:When I asked Vasex about this, Vasex's comments about NDMath made me believe they are aligned Mafia together.
I just think Vasex is really full of himself but not in a scummy way. Something tells me if he had a bunch of lowposting lackies as well he would air his frustrations more in his Scum PT than with blunt force like he is right now. The crux of my own read on Vasex is that I skim a ton of his posts because they are just so frequent at this rate. Is there anything that Vasex has done particularily that makes you think he's scum? Or is it just a package deal with NDMath because of his defense? If NDmath is scum (which I am reading them independently for), I'd have a hard time picking out partners.
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Etine »

Oh wait um I can read and see your point but just disagree on a personal level and how I feel about the game itself.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1429, Save The Dragons wrote:okay what do you think about samantha and dunnstral?
In post 688, Andresvmb wrote:I did end up reading Etine’s emotional reaction to being wagoned (not the Claim actually, just the reaction) as I was randomly scrolling through some of the pages, and it’s fairly obvious they’re Town.
what do you think of the quote above?
I think Andres is right that Etine is fairly obviously town.

I will read Samantha/Dunnstral's ISOs and get back to you
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1435, Etine wrote:I just think Vasex is really full of himself but not in a scummy way. Something tells me if he had a bunch of lowposting lackies as well he would air his frustrations more in his Scum PT than with blunt force like he is right now. The crux of my own read on Vasex is that I skim a ton of his posts because they are just so frequent at this rate. Is there anything that Vasex has done particularily that makes you think he's scum? Or is it just a package deal with NDMath because of his defense? If NDmath is scum (which I am reading them independently for), I'd have a hard time picking out partners.

Well there is also the way Vasex approached my slot. It feels like he is really reaching for an excuse to vote me out rather than this being a genuine belief that he has inside that I am scum. When he talks to me I think he is unsure whether he wants to scumread me, eliminate me, get me to vote with him, or flirt with me. When I press him to commit, he decides he wants to commit to the elimination but I ask him a question of why and he spends quite a bit of time to come up with reasons that are not very good, esp for someone who wants my elimination above all others in the game.

Some people like to take control of threads when they are scum, it's not really about airing out frustrations as it is throwing things everywhere and seeing what will stick. Overwhelming a thread with volume is a legitimate scum tactic if there is a power vacuum that you can fill.
deep-city-lights
deep-city-lights
Goon
deep-city-lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by deep-city-lights »

I'm back and super tired, I'll try to make time for this tomorrow night.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Anastasia »

Samantha's ISO feels very much like surface level vibing. She's comfortable interacting in real time but doesn't really commit to things in a way that is readable. She is comfortable engaging with multiple people and I don't see anything that I would say skews her towards town for me - alot of her posts are unmemorable filler and she doesn't really try to make an impact on anything. I would slot her around null-scum.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I like Dunnstral; his takes during the day such as Cabd not doing anything, questioning STD, shading NDMath feel like pro-active town play on his part.

He feels unafraid of conflict and he's got an attractive aggressiveness that makes me want to believe he is town here.
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Etine »

In post 1438, Anastasia wrote:
In post 1435, Etine wrote:I just think Vasex is really full of himself but not in a scummy way. Something tells me if he had a bunch of lowposting lackies as well he would air his frustrations more in his Scum PT than with blunt force like he is right now. The crux of my own read on Vasex is that I skim a ton of his posts because they are just so frequent at this rate. Is there anything that Vasex has done particularily that makes you think he's scum? Or is it just a package deal with NDMath because of his defense? If NDmath is scum (which I am reading them independently for), I'd have a hard time picking out partners.

Well there is also the way Vasex approached my slot. It feels like he is really reaching for an excuse to vote me out rather than this being a genuine belief that he has inside that I am scum. When he talks to me I think he is unsure whether he wants to scumread me, eliminate me, get me to vote with him, or flirt with me. When I press him to commit, he decides he wants to commit to the elimination but I ask him a question of why and he spends quite a bit of time to come up with reasons that are not very good, esp for someone who wants my elimination above all others in the game.

Some people like to take control of threads when they are scum, it's not really about airing out frustrations as it is throwing things everywhere and seeing what will stick. Overwhelming a thread with volume is a legitimate scum tactic if there is a power vacuum that you can fill.
I was worried the person you were describing was Nero Cain! I didn't bother to make a paragraph or two about him because it felt no longer relevant. Unrelated, I had pieced together Cabd/Nero Cain and now Cabd is a leading wagon. My thought on Nero Cain was the discretion he took towards certain players, and then his lack of regard for others. For some reason people thought a good leader and I have to ask myself for what? For asking questions? For seeming interested? I think that's much different from well, actually being. I just never got the sense he was.

A-anyways, I'll agree with you on the premise that Vasex really doesn't care. The way he doesn't is quite pompous though! I also agree that his pushes are not very coherent. Especially that a lottt of the way he treats other players seems only to fill his personal goals. It seems that the reason you scumread him is because you think those goals seems no purpose other than to ordain himself as a leader. To be honest, I don't feel he's reached that goal. I think he plays more like a detractor as you said "a lot of noise" but if that's his purpose for his team then like um. Who's letting him? NDMath would again just be a lackey in my eyes, which is less compelling. I've been worried about Marky a bit even if I put him in the blue=fine category because the way they synched just bothered me. It's hard to entirely put into words.
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Etine »

In post 1440, Anastasia wrote:Samantha's ISO feels very much like surface level vibing. She's comfortable interacting in real time but doesn't really commit to things in a way that is readable. She is comfortable engaging with multiple people and I don't see anything that I would say skews her towards town for me - alot of her posts are unmemorable filler and she doesn't really try to make an impact on anything. I would slot her around null-scum.
Ehh honestly you're right I just didn't feel good about having a bunch of nulls it's a bit irksome to be honest..
Etine
Etine
Goon
Etine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Etine »

If anyone has questions for me or comments I'd love to answer them. Thanks for giving me time to just back away from the thread.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Anastasia are you a robot
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I can assure you that I'm quite human ;)
Vasex
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Vasex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Vasex »

WindowsXP
WindowsXP
Goon
WindowsXP