Newbie 2062: The Hubble Telescope - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:45 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-6

Despite its many unique features, the Hubble is a pretty typical reflector telescope...but built on a very large scale.

orctin
(2): Clasko, JacksonVirgo
Clasko
(2): Ivyeo, Andante
RationalMadman
(2): Rathe, orctin
Andante
(1): RationalMadman
Demainer
(1): T3
Ivyeo
(1): Demainer

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: May 8, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-05-07 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Demainer »

ivy's noncommittal posting so far almost exactly mirrors her deliberate attempt not to say anything in the last game, knowing that everyone will tr her anyway. ivy's scum
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:48 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 72, RationalMadman wrote:New townreads are: Rathe and Clasko.

New scumread is Orctin.

Read on Andante remains scumsided.

Read on JV still strong town.

Read on Ivyeo still soft town.

Read on all other players null.
Update: townread on Ivyeo rendered nullified by total lack oof worthwhile contribution since.

Nullread on Demainer pushed towards towny because of how Demainer is getting more agitated as the day is getting more chaotic (chaos pleases scum).

Scumread on Andante still there but I'm aware that Andante is trying, regardless of alignment and it appears based on comments here that Andante consistently doesn't project towny early on in games. So, Andante still scum but weaker scumread overall from me. The questions being asked by Andante could be what scum asks to feign content however it also could be genuine. For instance, the issues Andante has with Cleo could be real as town, though it was simply quoting and attacking.

Cleo... Somewhat unreadable because all that is coming out is "I kinda read" type posts. That said, town easily has no strong reads this soon if they are people who prefer concrete basis of reads.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:49 am

Post by RationalMadman »

I said Cleo I meant Clasko, brain fart sorry

Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 127, Andante wrote:^ Ok, so on these questions you "seem to have" You ask about a lean town rather than the solid town he has marked? you ask about the solid SR, you feel no need to ask about Rational being solid town so soon? And we only care about Ivy in the lean towns? interesting. These feel like questions you don't care about the answers to, meaning you post, and leave, and think you're looking towny. These questions also don't even help progress the game, but this is the only "significant" thing you've done.
I asked that to T3 because, well, to go from being unsure about Ivy to then townread them later without her posting inbetween I found odd.

And missing JV from the list I found odd as well.
And the fact they haven't addressed either of these isn't great.

You saying I don't care about these answers is just not true.
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Rathe »

In post 147, Andante wrote:you don't feel clasko should have a single line of substance thus far?
i didnt say that i said clasko didnt post anything to make me see him either way
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Rathe »

i have to have a reason to vote not cuz someone thinks i should
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 132, Demainer wrote:What do you think of jack and t3?
I'm naturally aware of SE's, but I think JV's posting thoughts that aren't just 'gut', and he could have let RM's town read on him slide, but he instead challenged it which looks good in my eyes. I feel scum are more likely to accept the read. Town lean.

T3, I was initially happy with - I got good feels from him going through the 2060 to get a feel for how you post, but he isn't responding well to pressure rn. I'm in a similar boat to RM in that I would like him to explain his reads.
For the record I don't mind he hard-reads someone this early. His reasoning was a bit iffy but at least he commited to it and I know where he stands, on the face of it. Null.
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Rathe »

In post 148, Demainer wrote:My only reference point is the last game where I played with clasko and ivy (2060), if you go through both their isos in that game, then you'll know just as much about them as I do now.
sorry i dont read other games i focus on the game im in
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:02 am

Post by T3 »

In post 131, Demainer wrote:
In post 93, T3 wrote:Town:RM
Lean town: Rathe, Ivy
Null: Clasko
Lean scum: orctin, Andante
Scum: Dem
Are you going to explain your sr on me, or are you just going to vomit reads without doing anything?
The pot calling the kettle black.
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Rathe »

what do u have to say about it clasko
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Andante »

In post 154, Clasko wrote:
In post 127, Andante wrote:^ Ok, so on these questions you "seem to have" You ask about a lean town rather than the solid town he has marked? you ask about the solid SR, you feel no need to ask about Rational being solid town so soon? And we only care about Ivy in the lean towns? interesting. These feel like questions you don't care about the answers to, meaning you post, and leave, and think you're looking towny. These questions also don't even help progress the game, but this is the only "significant" thing you've done.
I asked that to T3 because, well, to go from being unsure about Ivy to then townread them later without her posting inbetween I found odd.

And missing JV from the list I found odd as well.
And the fact they haven't addressed either of these isn't great.

You saying I don't care about these answers is just not true.
You do realize it was RVS, you can say whatever you want, put your vote wherever, it's all to get reactions.
I'm saying it feels like you don't care cause your posts were all nothing posts, like, there was no substance to any, no "X feels like scum cause Y" nothing.
How you've been feels like cautious scum to me, and now you're slightly panicking cause you were "so cautious" yet somehow I caught you, and I'm telling you, there's about 0 chance I back off. In my mind I have you down as hard scum. Unless you decide to start playing for the offence, then maybe you have a chance. but if you just sit back and react, you're toast
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:08 am

Post by T3 »

Demainer is a strong meta scumread. Rational coming in with reads and contributing feels like town, I would see early scum as more cautious plus the reaction to the mason thing.
Rathe feels like town thought streaming. Ivy is mainly a lean town because of the Demainer interaction.
orctin almost feels like he is posting just for the sake of posting. Andante has had a terrible reaction to the pressure put on her.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Andante »

In post 157, Clasko wrote:
In post 132, Demainer wrote:What do you think of jack and t3?
I'm naturally aware of SE's, but I think JV's posting thoughts that aren't just 'gut', and he could have let RM's town read on him slide, but he instead challenged it which looks good in my eyes. I feel scum are more likely to accept the read. Town lean.

T3, I was initially happy with - I got good feels from him going through the 2060 to get a feel for how you post, but he isn't responding well to pressure rn. I'm in a similar boat to RM in that I would like him to explain his reads.
For the record I don't mind he hard-reads someone this early. His reasoning was a bit iffy but at least he commited to it and I know where he stands, on the face of it. Null.

I don't think SE/Newbie really matters too much tbh, but yeah JV likely town lol I like his start, and I know what's to come in this game, so scum should be scared... unless he decideds to tunnel another town again lmao

tbh T3 is going to be the hardest read for me, our playstyles clash. I can't stand when people put in minimal effort and barely explain reads :/
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Andante »

In post 162, T3 wrote:Demainer is a strong meta scumread. Rational coming in with reads and contributing feels like town, I would see early scum as more cautious plus the reaction to the mason thing.
Rathe feels like town thought streaming. Ivy is mainly a lean town because of the Demainer interaction.
orctin almost feels like he is posting just for the sake of posting. Andante has had a terrible reaction to the pressure put on her.
You go off of meta now? interesting. and you do realize not everyone is cautious and scared as scum? if scum asserts dominance early, they pretty much can lead the town.

My terrible reaction? lmao I think you're just scared of what I'm capable of
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 am

Post by Andante »

no joke. I'm about to just vote T3 out today if he keeps this up, and I'm not even gonna care what he flips
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:15 am

Post by T3 »

In post 164, Andante wrote:
In post 162, T3 wrote:Demainer is a strong meta scumread. Rational coming in with reads and contributing feels like town, I would see early scum as more cautious plus the reaction to the mason thing.
You go off of meta now? interesting. and you do realize not everyone is cautious and scared as scum? if scum asserts dominance early, they pretty much can lead the town.

My terrible reaction? lmao I think you're just scared of what I'm capable of
Okay, this is scum. VOTE: Andante
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Andante »

VOTE: T3

lmao yeah no. bye you are not town, and literally all meta I have would make this your scum game, cause this is SO not your town game
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 am

Post by T3 »

Andante seems to be using classic scum Appeal to Winrate. Basically saying : I'm too valuable ton to lim.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:24 am

Post by Andante »

appeal to winrate? the fuck is that? You are 100% flipping scum here, I have no doubt, I'd literally put my life on the line for it
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:04 am

Post by RationalMadman »

I will not unvote Andante at this point. There is high effort put in but there is something really 'appeal to emotion' as opposed to 'appeal to logic' about andante's approach. So, I will not unvote, I'm willing to push through to force a claim. I'm aware I said 2/5 is worrying before but the reaction of Andante here feels like scum trying to strongly imply 'don't you dare vote me'. This also strikes me as odd as in an earlier post, Andante specifically reolied to me saying that as town, she doesn't give a damn whwn being BW'd on but basically says 'fuck you' to those voting her. I am very inclined to scumread Andante at this point, there is a very high stress level to being voted that simply doesn't make sense to me.

The push on T3 could definitely be what Town Andante would do. I even buy the reasoning, however I don't quite grasp why Andante's hostility to people seems solely based on how likely they are to vote her.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:07 am

Post by RationalMadman »

I do jot townread Orctin at all, to be clear.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:08 am

Post by RationalMadman »

I would even prefer an Orctin elimination by far. Nit because he is voting me byt because of how ridiculous and shallwo the reasoning why has been for any of his reads and actions (including the vote on me).

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:09 am

Post by RationalMadman »

So unless Orctin is a viable vote, I will stick to Andante if today is Andante vs T3. T3's claim of reaction testing me seems genuine, more genuine than id he'd justified the hard TR on me without saying it was a bait for me.

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Andante »

All Rational has done, has been tunnel me since day start, like wtf?? it's honestly making this game not fun, so whatever

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”