Newbie 2062: The Hubble Telescope - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-13

Hubble's brain has been upgraded a few times since it was first placed in orbit. Originally the onboard CPU was a DF-224 (8-bit). First service mission (1993) added a 386 coprocessor. The Hubble now runs on a 80486.

orctin
(3): VFP, JacksonVirgo, Demainer
Rathe
(3): T3, Andante, Ivyeo
Andante
(2): RationalMadman, Rathe
T3
(1): orctin

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: May 8, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-05-07 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Mon May 03, 2021 4:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Demainer »

Hardleaning scum on orc now, he enjoys the chaos in the thread and is simply fueling the flames. Entire iso is just nonstop fossing everyone and constantly changing positions, the reasoning is forced and directed more by the conclusions rather than actual logic. He quite literally insinuated that one of andante/rational was scum when that was convenient, then immediately in the next post, changes tack and says both of them are town and anyone "egging them on" is scum. His latest reads change has absolutely no progression, they are all based more on the thread environment than actual thoughts, there's no real attempt to make sense of the game.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:33 am

Post by orctin »

In post 568, Demainer wrote: This reasoning is really weird, why would you base our elim today on who scum will kill tonight? Not town at all.
This was simple a stab at Rational for his playstyle - I dont approve of it just as i haven't the whole game - but as i have said - this doesn't make him scum - and if scum night killed him just to make the thread less aggressive i would have no issue with it

You want to take it wrong go ahead, but doesn't change my opinion of someone who was bullying the thread most the entire day and i dont have issue saying as much.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:34 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 559, orctin wrote:
In post 555, VFP wrote:
In post 522, orctin wrote:T3-Rathe-Jackson - so i need to look at these 3 - right now i'm betting there is a scum in here - and might be the better play - we eliminate one of them - scum can decide to eliminate Rational tonight just to make the game thread less aggressive (and we probably would all shoot him if we could, lets be honest) - and we carry on the next day
This would suggest that if scum, so is T3.
But I could be wrong here.

@orctin

Can you touch base on this more?
Let's go over why these 3 are scum?
Right now I dont think Rathe is scum - his vote after the doctor claim was too immediate and to telling now
Jackson - He started out slow but has come on lately - he's making logical post and discussions so i have no reason to question his alignment at this time
Which to me leaves T3 as very probably Scum

Far as those questioning myself - i'm town - You dont see me trying to jump on a vote right now in trying to save myself - i'm trying to let town sort our who would be the good choice today at this point

Also - Dont think we aren't looking your way as well - the player you were replacing was on the questionable list of a few people - your doing a good job swaying those thoughts at this time - we will have to see long right

Right now i think T3 is the best vote to eliminate - Andante and Rational need to get off each other and look to better choices - and i have no idea why i have pinged Jackson's radar - but town needs to come together on a vote and one we all or at least majority agree on
Did you catch up more than when you said I was in the scum-pool? Mind explaining what posts of mine is logical etc. Also is this a null or town read as you never said.
I agree that Rational/Andante need to look elsewhere as it's only putting a stump in Town's progress.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:35 am

Post by orctin »

In post 576, Demainer wrote:Hardleaning scum on orc now, he enjoys the chaos in the thread and is simply fueling the flames. Entire iso is just nonstop fossing everyone and constantly changing positions, the reasoning is forced and directed more by the conclusions rather than actual logic. He quite literally insinuated that one of andante/rational was scum when that was convenient, then immediately in the next post, changes tack and says both of them are town and anyone "egging them on" is scum. His latest reads change has absolutely no progression, they are all based more on the thread environment than actual thoughts, there's no real attempt to make sense of the game.
and obviously you haven't paid attention as i explained multiple time my whole reasoning on the early vote on Rational and why i changed it later

Who you trying to protect there?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:35 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 568, Demainer wrote:This reasoning is really weird, why would you base our elim today on who scum will kill tonight? Not town at all.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. Their "obsession" with the night kill is strange.

Orc have you played Mafia/Forum Mafia elsewhere?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 572, orctin wrote:
In post 569, Demainer wrote:
In post 539, orctin wrote:Reading back Rathe's immediate vote on Andante after her Doctor claim is concerning - i think at this point even if Rathe isn't eliminated Day 1 scum will have hard time not night killing them the coming night - it was too quick a reaction to not do so, which if true would make Andante scum. It's the only logic to Rathe's quick vote i can see.

I mean even a scum player should have a pause to the claim instead of the quick vote.
Lampshading to the max, you know you slipped in the previous post, and now you're covering it up by doubling down.
Slipped what - i'm just talking - if your taking something as "i slipped" then please allow us to know so the whole town knows there
Cause right now all i'm seeing is sometime pushing the vote to the side instead of looking at the real scum targets
I think the slip is how the night kill is on your mind more than I would assume would be on anyone else's. In other words, I think it's a slip as Town would not be this obsessed without external reasons about the NK. Could be mistaken of course but that's my general mindset

wiki // GTKAS
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:38 am

Post by orctin »

In post 578, JacksonVirgo wrote: Did you catch up more than when you said I was in the scum-pool? Mind explaining what posts of mine is logical etc. Also is this a null or town read as you never said.
I agree that Rational/Andante need to look elsewhere as it's only putting a stump in Town's progress.
I'm sorry, i said you made logical post and i didn't have a good read which way you leaned and your questioning me on it?? So if i complement you on making good conversation thats a bad thing?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 582, orctin wrote:
In post 578, JacksonVirgo wrote: Did you catch up more than when you said I was in the scum-pool? Mind explaining what posts of mine is logical etc. Also is this a null or town read as you never said.
I'm sorry, i said you made logical post and i didn't have a good read which way you leaned and your questioning me on it?? So if i complement you on making good conversation thats a bad thing?
First of all, I never said anything about this read of yours being bad. I literally just asked where the read lied and what posts you were referring to.

wiki // GTKAS
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:41 am

Post by orctin »

Any player who doesn't think about whom scum will kill at night isn't playing the whole game - that's part of the game here is not only trying to eliminate scum - but also trying to anticipate what they will do with their own actions - or should town just stick their head in the sand and go "not it" - and it would seem the way you guys play here, it's another way to read people. since this seems to be the entire obsession here - so why only play with half a deck?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:43 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 584, orctin wrote:Any player who doesn't think about whom scum will kill at night isn't playing the whole game - that's part of the game here is not only trying to eliminate scum - but also trying to anticipate what they will do with their own actions - or should town just stick their head in the sand and go "not it" - and it would seem the way you guys play here, it's another way to read people. since this seems to be the entire obsession here - so why only play with half a deck?
Have you played elsewhere before?

wiki // GTKAS
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:43 am

Post by orctin »

"Jackson - He started out slow but has come on lately - he's making logical post and discussions so i have no reason to question his alignment at this time "

I said i dont have a read on you - you dont lie anywhere for me at this point and i'm not going to jump to one way or the other as i have no clear decision on that - 'm not going to lump you one way or another just for the sake of doing so
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:46 am

Post by orctin »

I've played for 6 years on forum games elsewhere that are more what they refer to as "role madness" i think - i have rarely played a majority VT minumal game but wanted to try new things. I also run my own Discord Mafia game with 20-30 player average games which is also more "everyone has roles" and i play on a "Werewolf" discord server which is more based on Town of Salem - Coven addition - so yea - playing here is totally new to me and the whole game mechanics and how yall play i'm having to learn on the fly
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 3:47 am

Post by Demainer »

orc, what do you think of ivy, rathe, claskoslot
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 586, orctin wrote:"Jackson - He started out slow but has come on lately - he's making logical post and discussions so i have no reason to question his alignment at this time "

I said i dont have a read on you - you dont lie anywhere for me at this point and i'm not going to jump to one way or the other as i have no clear decision on that - 'm not going to lump you one way or another just for the sake of doing so
If you think you said you didn't have a read on me in that quote, you didn't.
And all I asked if I was a null-read or a town-read, not for reasons why you null-read me. But thanks for answering

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:03 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 587, orctin wrote:I've played for 6 years on forum games elsewhere that are more what they refer to as "role madness" i think - i have rarely played a majority VT minumal game but wanted to try new things. I also run my own Discord Mafia game with 20-30 player average games which is also more "everyone has roles" and i play on a "Werewolf" discord server which is more based on Town of Salem - Coven addition - so yea - playing here is totally new to me and the whole game mechanics and how yall play i'm having to learn on the fly
UNVOTE:
I no longer wish to eliminate this.

I was an owner of a Discord Mafia server but I am not anymore, still a part of it though. I'll have to ask you about that post-game :)

wiki // GTKAS
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:03 am

Post by orctin »

In post 588, Demainer wrote:orc, what do you think of ivy, rathe, claskoslot
I dont understand his vote on Andante - i noted that a little earlier - he made an almost immediate reaction vote to the Doc claim - as if he knows something but wont say what and will most likely get killed tonight to bury whatever it is - the way he voted makes me second guess Andante's alignment - To me he just needs to come out with a proper reason for that vote - explain whats' up and lets deal with it - i understand the game here everyone whats to keep hidden what they are to not allow scum to find the pr's but i think that cat's out of the bag now to be honest.

Ivy - she's cute but minimal post/play it seems to me

Clasko/VFP - VFP just joined - he's making a good catchup attempt to get into the game as he just replaced a player so i cant really fault him for anything yet - needs more time

It's to early for me to decide where to put Ivy and VFP at this time - I would lean to waiting for some deaths and starting to put the pieces together better once we actually have more information and something to look at - their play today, Votes, and who flips what will help provide that.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:04 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

General no-elim pool contains
{ Andante, Orc, Rational, Rathe }

That leaves
{ T3, Ivy, Demain, Clasko }

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:06 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also just for post-game cred and meaning nothing for the game aorn. If Andante and Rathe are both mafia, kneel before my epic tinfoils.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

VOTE: Clasko

Honestly I need to make more of an effort to read people that are in the lower section of my conscious.

wiki // GTKAS
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Andante »

VOTE: clasko

I think my case was valid....
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Wait no VFP replaced them and I like that slot. I'll give them a re-read

wiki // GTKAS
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Andante »

yall just yelled at me for quoting all lines, but at that time, those were all of his lines... you can't read those and say they're coming from town...
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:08 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 595, Andante wrote:VOTE: clasko

I think my case was valid....
What case was that again?

wiki // GTKAS
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 4:09 am

Post by Andante »

In post 127, Andante wrote:
In post 43, Clasko wrote:Hello all!

Reading, reading...
^ VERY cautious
In post 58, Clasko wrote:
In post 25, RationalMadman wrote:T3 supporting me is easily to soften me up and/or to frame me if T3 flips scum later.
In post 26, RationalMadman wrote:T3 may be town, on balance, because of how actively he defended Ivy agaibst Demainer wheb he noticed she was 2/5 and Demainer's response to T3 was worth scum reading somewhat.
Do you have a preference between labelling him town/mafia here? You seem conflicted.
In post 41, T3 wrote:Also what are everyone's thoughts on Demainer. His meta seems very different to 2060.
Nothing is pinging me to a change in meta for him. He is playing and posting as I would expect him to rn based on 2060.
In post 14, orctin wrote:Cause it's a good play for a scummie to push on anther who made a high profile post. at the very least it attracts attention where scum want it - away from them.
Eh, I'm getting "helpful for the sake of appearing helpful" vibes from this:

VOTE: orctin
^ "You seem conflicted." What kind of line is this?? I could follow what Rational was saying pretty easily, it's not rocket science to figure out what T3 is doing right now.
Then there's a comment on meta, is it stemming from having TMI? who knows, idk the person
"helpful for the sake of appearing helpful" vibes LMAOOO fam. the game JUST started.. AND orc was responding to me? so you're taking it out of context... something scum loves to do.
In post 60, Clasko wrote:
In post 6, Ivyeo wrote:VOTE: Clasko
It's impossible to be Pr twice in a row
/s
Also, I skipped over this, how dare you >:c
c;
^ "I skipped the first post of the game, oh no!" you sure you weren't distracted with a private thread? mmmm
In post 97, Clasko wrote:
In post 27, T3 wrote:Ivy is lean town for me if Demainer is scum. Other than that, I'm not sure about Ivy.
In post 93, T3 wrote:Town:RM
Lean town: Rathe, Ivy
Null: Clasko
Lean scum: orctin, Andante
Scum: Dem
Some questions for you, T3:

1. Why do you townread Ivy? You say "if Demainer is scum" but I don't see the correlation.
2. Where does JacksonVirgo place?
^ Ok, so on these questions you "seem to have" You ask about a lean town rather than the solid town he has marked? you ask about the solid SR, you feel no need to ask about Rational being solid town so soon? And we only care about Ivy in the lean towns? interesting. These feel like questions you don't care about the answers to, meaning you post, and leave, and think you're looking towny. These questions also don't even help progress the game, but this is the only "significant" thing you've done.
In post 99, Clasko wrote:
In post 95, orctin wrote:If they are masons then at this point they might as well say so cause by what being said scum already know - if not then it's a sidetrack arguement to sow doubt among town
The lesser of two evils is ensuring Mafia aren't certain where the PR's are.
^ You know they aren't both masons, one is your partner, and it feels like you said this to seem towny like, by saying this, it's your argument for your partner not having to claim they're not a mason.

This game is way too easy

VOTE: Clasko

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”