Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Et Al »

In post 874, Cephrir wrote:i don't think pooky has posted anything alignment indicative
THAT certainly is a hot take.

-S
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:32 am

Post by joqiza »

I went and looked at Pooky/Kanna in TM and I guess I can... sort of see what people are saying. Kind of. I think I'll amend my read to say that the way marry approached Pooky isn't the way I'd expect her to work a pocket as scum, but I guess more exotic shenanigans are possible. The prior for any two players being scum together is pretty low so I'm not super worried atm. I'll keep it in mind.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:33 am

Post by VFP »

Et and Joqiza, who's scum?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

did kanna and pooky know each other before hand

did marry and pooky know each other before hand
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:36 am

Post by VFP »

You too Dragon. Who's scum?
Merlot
Merlot
Townie
Merlot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Merlot »

the real question is who do you t hi nk is scum vfp!!!!
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Et Al »

In post 878, Save The Dragons wrote:did kanna and pooky know each other before hand

did marry and pooky know each other before hand
I mean marry's clearly the type to warm up to someone quickly. If someone is willing to come into a game where they know nobody and start roleplaying so hard it bleeds into their game content, they're probably willing to pull a hard-buddying tactic with a partner.

-S
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:39 am

Post by VFP »

I dont know. I haven't read anything yet and want some where to start.
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Et Al »

In post 877, VFP wrote:Et and Joqiza, who's scum?
Skitter thinks Pooky, mastina, and Church are scummy.

As previously mentioned I don't really agree with her about mastina. Pooky is obviously a point of contention, we'll keep people updated wrt that read since it's likely to be volatile. Church scumread I think I can vibe with; they haven't been overtly scummy but their posting has felt pretty off compared to what we would expect from them.

-S
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

slight ping on mastina and gorilla for going after dcl but not really enough to be confident. no one is standing out for me yet.

i have people i feel are town like DV (like actively trying), cephrir (though saying pooky hasn't done anything alignment indicative is a hmm), deathnote (just wants to get to the nukes like me), joqiza (just some of his posts have been good/helpful) and several gut reads as town (nexus, marry, samantha, vaxkiller)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Prism »

Merlot has an icon that is the manifestation of what I have been actively searching for since I first made this account and I am upset

I'm assuming this slot is town for the amount/depth of content at my own peril
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:45 am

Post by marry »

In post 717, marry wrote:
In post 716, Et Al wrote:
In post 713, marry wrote:how hes literally protecting the homeland
he's not reading me, but rather electing to read ss, which in the context of the many, many, many games i've played with him, is very strange in that he *usually* tries to read me and work with me p fast, but isn't trying to work with me at all here, and i've tried to get him to a couple of times now
he's decidedly ignoring me and what i'm saying, and instead is just calling ss scum, and is now pre-emptively using that as justification for lolnuking us later on

if pooky is scum i'm p sure this is how scum is neutralizing our slot: ignoring my head, repeatedly calling ss scum for very meh reasons, and using that to nuke us later

~ skitter
ill come back to this cuz imma take a nap and im mobile. this is my pin @marry does tagging work oh well we about to find out
as promised came back to it!!
this is kind of nerve-wracking for me because i don't know you guys, but here's how i've approached pooky, and how i'm reading them/understanding the game so far:
pooky, regardless of alignment, probably is making willy-nilly reads right now? if they're calling you scum right now, and you are in fact... not scum, i wouldn't worry about it? or at least, i wouldn't harp or focus on the fact that pooky's said they SR you. other than being abrasive (for lack of better word) about it, i wouldn't shut the conversation down and assume he wouldn't change his mind. again i don't know pooky, or like, any of you. i also didn't take any of the nuking conversation to be serious, more of a like "imma nuke YOU". i can't imagine anyone actually being serious about that kind of stuff so early, because that's a great way to telegraph sh*t for the mafia
idk tldr; i think it's too early and you shouldn't take this as a lock read, and i disagree with you that it's scum neutralizing your slot. unless that's meta here but that's too blatant is what i mean
or pooky is scum and i am soft-defending a roleplaying bear. til death do us part i guess
is there a way to ping someone
AHHHH PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT ME I SEE IT HAPPENING
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Prism »

The fact that Et Al has Church of Skitter as scummy puts them immediately on my shit list. I didn't share the same concerns as everyone on S_S but I think the Church slot's reads are very natural and the questioning organic
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:49 am

Post by marry »

In post 730, The Church of Skitter wrote:Marry what do you see in Pooky that makes you want to trust them? It seems like you trust them a lot.
i like the roleplay aspect because i feel it is harder to be towny when youre roleplaying, not easier. people are going to fos you for it, and this might sound stupid but like... the roleplaying is towny to me...? and they were the first person i felt like i could communicate with on the same level and they wouldn't shun/other me for being new (not that you guys would!! i was just so nervous), and i've latched on. i'll keep my ears open through the game, but for now i'm vibing
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Et Al »

Prism, how can you tell how natural their reads are? They've hardly explained any of them.

-S
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 am

Post by marry »

In post 747, The Church of Skitter wrote:
In post 745, joqiza wrote:i once correctly read her as 3P in a game--ask her about that some time.
@Marry
talk about this
it was embarrassing and i dont want to talk about it... i posted a video of myself eating a hamburger in that game and got limmed 120 seconds later, that's literally all you need to know
btw i was townsiding ):<!!!
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Et Al »

(Also, why is disagreeing with you on a single read reason to suspect someone? Town get reads wrong all the time, and it's not like Church is particularly LHF or a safe push.)

-S
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Prism »

It is bad because it is specifically Mena/Skitter whose dynamic I saw in 2181
In post 651, The Church of Skitter wrote:Ya I'm honestly not sure if there is anything else that's even worth having my vote on tbh.
Cephir is probably fine
Bell is probably fine but I need to keep an open mind
Prism is probably fine but I should probably be keeping an open mind
Pooky is showing us that he is proud to be an American
gorilla seems probably fine
Equi + Reck seems fine so far but I need to keep an open mind
Sam is probably fine
These are all natural even if underexplained. I disagree with gorilla town but understand why people townread him, for example. Equi+Reck was another one that stuck out to me the same way, as is Sam. IIRC Mena had a weird theory about reading me from 2181 but that is the only moderately red flag to me here.
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Et Al »

Skitter's read is mostly on Ali, I think. And what you don't think skitter would be incorrectly scumreading Mena, even at this early point?

-S
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Prism »

I don't specifically know that that post was Mena, which gives ambiguity for the Skitter scumread, but I feel good about the slot regardless of who posted that

P-Edit: Yeah, I 100% am going to tunnel your slot permanently, this isn't an early game dart throw to be marginally improved upon at all.
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:59 am

Post by marry »

In post 759, joqiza wrote:
In post 752, The Church of Skitter wrote: Why do you think Marry approaches Pooky the way they did as town and what do you think she would do if she was scum?
Marry's read on Pooky seems unreasonably strong to me and tbh, that could be concerning? Like they were like "What no way Pooky is literally defending the motherland" or something I don't remember exactly but I personally want to poke at this more.
i feel like i didn't answer this directly so i guess i'll try to clarify that i don't think she would approach pooky that way at all if she were scum... i think if she were scum her "buddying" would be more subtle.

i also think her read on pooky isn't really as strong as you seem to be saying here, it feels more like an early vibe thing to me

regardless i think marry is entirely capable of defending / explaining for herself so i don't think i need to be stepping in here and saying these things for her. i encourage you and anyone to apply pressure if that's what you feel.
i read all of your posts about me joqiza so this isnt me responding to just this one BUT i felt like i should say something instead of just lurking and pretending i didnt read it or something like a weirdo, i get teary eyed and hype as hell when u TR me correctly and i know thats not whats exactly happening but it feels really good regardless? i *rapid nodding* thank you yes yes. thank u for sticking your neck out for me basically
i'll try to figure out your alignment in the same manner and i'mma enjoy doing it (:<
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:00 am

Post by marry »

In post 763, joqiza wrote:
In post 760, The Church of Skitter wrote:
In post 759, joqiza wrote:i feel like i didn't answer this directly so i guess i'll try to clarify that i don't think she would approach pooky that way at all if she were scum... i think if she were scum her "buddying" would be more subtle.
The 2 personalities seem to match. I know you know marry more than I do but I'm not sure I agree with it. I think because its Pooky its possible.
In post 759, joqiza wrote:i also think her read on pooky isn't really as strong as you seem to be saying here, it feels more like an early vibe thing to me
Ya I'm also asking because it wouldn't be impossible for me to misunderstand it
I'll just reiterate what I said at the end of . I don't think I can do as good a job of answering your questions as she can herself and I have no issue with people pressuring her at this stage of the game. So I encourage you and everyone else to engage her directly when you have the chance.

Welcome Merlot. :)
MERLOTS HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE? @MERLOTTTTTTTTTTT
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Et Al »

You don't have to be sarcastic, I was just asking for a bit of elaboration on what the skitter/Menalque dynamic was. Because I have played with both a lot, and they don't always have correct reads on each other.

-S
Et Al
Et Al
Goon
Et Al
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Et Al »

And skitter just confirmed that the read is based on Ali's content, not Mena's, anyway.

-S
marry
marry
Goon
marry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 am

Post by marry »

is skitter a hydra or is church of skitter the hydra and what's that about

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”