Koto
Goon
Koto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Koto »

In post 1507, The Church of Skitter wrote:
In post 1488, gorilla wrote:I don't scumread joqizahim but mognet picking at someone for hedging is a perfectly fine method of reading and his overall play is very town motivated
This take is extremely surface level dude.
First off its not a fine method of reading it straight up isn't something that scum actually does and the logic behind it is ass. His play is town motivated if you aren't reading the game closely and you just see his posts on a glance and go "oh ya this is town ig" but to me it reads like he's doing everything to look town. I think his stance on total war comes from scum who wants to stand out in a playerlist where everyone just wants to get to the nukes. I think he's being anti-total war because if ur scum in this pl and you try to hard to actually want to play mafia, you're probably going to get townread by a bunch of people who just want to get to the nukes as quickly as possible. This also allows him to establish a platform or a "bloc" that he can invade to make sure he doesn't get nuked later. It's like the entire theme of his play.

Oh and also joq is probably town which means its more likely for the dude to be scum.
If I read his playstyle correctly, Mognet as scum will slip.
That playstyle is almost unsustainable for scum.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Mognet »

In post 1597, The Church of Skitter wrote:yeah, will do

Ali!head specifically asked me to try to figure out if you're actually scum or if e's just annoyed with you, but I think that prism's defence of mastina says strongly not aligned given the gamestate when it happened so I think I'd rather just sort you by proxy
However you want to sort me go for it.

Although I may have to poof for long stretches. Some Alexandrian missives take a while.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Mognet »

In post 1600, Koto wrote:
In post 1488, gorilla wrote:I don't scumread joqizahim but mognet picking at someone for hedging is a perfectly fine method of reading and his overall play is very town motivated
First off its not a fine method of reading it straight up isn't something that scum actually does and the logic behind it is ass. His play is town motivated if you aren't reading the game closely and you just see his posts on a glance and go "oh ya this is town ig" but to me it reads like he's doing everything to look town. I think his stance on total war comes from scum who wants to stand out in a playerlist where everyone just wants to get to the nukes. I think he's being anti-total war because if ur scum in this pl and you try to hard to actually want to play mafia, you're probably going to get townread by a bunch of people who just want to get to the nukes as quickly as possible. This also allows him to establish a platform or a "bloc" that he can invade to make sure he doesn't get nuked later. It's like the entire theme of his play.

Oh and also joq is probably town which means its more likely for the dude to be scum.
To be fair, the playstyle I use as scum is hard to maintain unless experienced. I am a feared scum player though. I am not scum but I wouldn’t treat someone you don’t know as incapable of doing things.

That being said I think Kupo town told.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:15 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1483, Et Al wrote:
In post 1415, The Entity wrote:we're.......mean
yup

you bullied one (possibly two) slots out of the game

-S
I mean to be frank if you consider telling someone to stop spamposting "bullying" then perhaps I'm not the one that needs a reality adjustment
It was one post. One time. Like ten words. To insinuate that one post had such power to get not one but two people to leave the game? Wow incredible, I truly am powerful I guess
In post 1502, Mognet wrote:
In post 1471, The Church of Skitter wrote:I'm starting to scumread Mognet, I actually have a really hard time believing that his contributions are coming from town because ever since he replaced in it feels like he has just stayed in the thread ever since and when I actually read his posts I feel like a lot of his contributions are being overplayed and faked. It really looks like he wants to look like town rather than just be town. I also feel like he's using this replace in to try to leave a good impression on people.

also kind of doesn't fly w/ me?
In post 1452, Mognet wrote:We can use this to validate if you are scum fear pushing Mastina or trying to replicate a “I always push Mastina” habit or an intentional bus or just you hate playing with Mastina enough it clouded your judgment.
Why would LLD fear mastina? I find it hard to believe that LLD as scum would fear anyone.
Why would she try to replicate a "I always push mastina" habit when she could be doing quite possibly anything else? An elim is an elim sure but I'm sure LLD has better options that she look for or create.
Also the "you just hate playing w/ mastina enough it clouded your judgment" seems really silly to me tbh.
Kupo what the fuck is this?
I replace in, poke people and get people to play mafia so I am scum?
Like getting reads or anything was pulling teeth.
And I can’t very well be leaving a good impression if I am not leaving a good impression like that entire paragraph is unintelligible word vomit Church Kupo.

If LLD is scum, then she would have reason to fear Mastina if LLD wants a game where no one is thinking. You’re picking at minutia to avoid the trees. The idea with that list was not to be an exclusive one but to say if/when LLD answers we can use it to sort her.
This is the first post that Mognet has made that has pinged town, but I feel like I may have a weakness for being sympathetic to people who seem like they're under attack for just, ykno, playing mafia

@SKITTERCHURCH:
If you said it somewhere I missed it, what're your reasons for thinking joz is probtown?
I'm really liking the energy that the Church hydra is bringing to the game, but I can't figure out if it's misplaced towards Mognet and is a case of seeing red due to playstyle and not because of actual scum motivations? A lot of Church's attacks on Mognet seem to be able to be boiled down to YOU'RE WRONG THEREFORE YOU'RE SCUM. Town are wrong too. Where's the scum *motivation* behind being wrong?
In post 1549, The Church of Skitter wrote:
NUKE: POOKYBEAR
I don't think you're allowed to fake nukes in this game.
In post 1550, Vaxkiller wrote:I don't like the progression of church on mognet culminating into them saying the will nuke them. I'm not sure if it's AI at the moment tho. It doesn't feel right tho. Need to think on this.
Vaxkiller is town. Progression feels town. Mindmelding with my thoughts on reading Church v Mognet. Don't think scum posts this and fence sits and openly says "I don't know". Feels genuine.
In post 1574, gorilla wrote:
In post 1570, The Church of Skitter wrote:also entity may just be scum lol
Now this is interesting
What I find interesting is how Equinox reads you as town when you post shit like *this*.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:19 am

Post by The Entity »

Also my last post on the BAWWWWWW ENTITY IS MEAN topic and then I'm not gonna address it anymore, and it's a quote from Equinox:
what i fucking hate about the current meta is how people think it's okay to make shit completely unreadable "because it's fun"

And then when people get upset that the hyperposting has made the game nigh unreadable and a CHORE to get thru, everyone's like "don't be mean they're just having fun"
Only one type of fun allowed 'round these parts and that's the one where shit is unreadable and anybody who can't live on the internet 24 hours a day doesn't get to fucking participate
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Mognet »

In post 1604, The Entity wrote:Also my last post on the BAWWWWWW ENTITY IS MEAN topic and then I'm not gonna address it anymore, and it's a quote from Equinox:
what i fucking hate about the current meta is how people think it's okay to make shit completely unreadable "because it's fun"

And then when people get upset that the hyperposting has made the game nigh unreadable and a CHORE to get thru, everyone's like "don't be mean they're just having fun"
Only one type of fun allowed 'round these parts and that's the one where shit is unreadable and anybody who can't live on the internet 24 hours a day doesn't get to fucking participate
Town. If anyone says Entity isn’t town Fite me.

Your gorilla read sucks though. Gorilla imho is obvTown.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:21 am

Post by The Entity »

Well, you'll be happy to know that the other half of this hydra agrees with you because gorilla has been mindmelding with Equinox more often whereas I don't see it but Equinox has already stated that this is a "good enough for Day 1" type read and not a "I will die for this person" type read.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:22 am

Post by The Church of Skitter »

okay but we're still nuking u tho @entity

also "unreadable" is like a strong word, I've had about an hour for this game today after not checking it for like 3 days and am nearly caught up so failing to see how hyper posting is/was a problem here at all
Alisae + Menalque
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:22 am

but we can discuss that later, I'm bouncing to go sun by the river for a bit before it gets dark
Alisae + Menalque
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:23 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 1603, The Entity wrote:What I find interesting is how Equinox reads you as town when you post shit like *this*.
I was hoping Church would further explain their read of you because it seemed spicy in my view
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Mognet »

In post 1607, The Church of Skitter wrote:okay but we're still nuking u tho @entity

also "unreadable" is like a strong word, I've had about an hour for this game today after not checking it for like 3 days and am nearly caught up so failing to see how hyper posting is/was a problem here at all
Nearly caught up? Doesn’t realize I am Prism slot. Like what?

I don’t think I trust you with nukes. You keep picking townreads. Titus would be a much better nuke but alas I am a pacifist.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1573, Mognet wrote:
In post 1567, Titus wrote:
In post 1551, Mognet wrote:
In post 1544, Titus wrote:Mognet, I am depressed. Me not liking something =/= scum necessarily. It's me seeking feedback.

I don't even read on subbing in. I don't expect you to have read the entire thread but I am annoyed when I have to use what mental energy I do have to do more than you with the data you ask for and I rarely review past games.

Also, by focusing on LLD's perceived bias you are defending mastina because you are attempting to cut down LLD's argument.
Examining an argument critically is not the same as “attempting to cut it down”. Applying what you do to others is a bad standard Kupo,

Sorry you’re depressed but I think with a qualifier like necessarily you’re scum. You’re wanting people to post about me negatively.
So the fact I seek feedback on something I don't like necessarily makes me scum?

People could post that I was wrong to dislike your response to me, which is why I posted it like I did. So why would you suppose people would post negatively to my statement?

You can critically examine a statement, but that necessarily defends a slot. It's not an outright defense saying mastina is town but it necessarily implies mastina could be town.

If you think I am scum, you're welcome to nuke me.
Moogles are pacifist by nature Kupo. It’s not the fact you’re seeing feedback it’s now. It’s poisoning the well.

Instead of “I don’t like “blah”, a neutral ask is “What do you think about blah?” Scum will inherently cling onto negativity that suits their purpose and it’s an insidious way to sneak negativity in about a slot.

And no, that’s not how that works. At all. Asking questions is not defense. If I went “Mastina is town” that’s defense. Reasoning can be incorrect but the end result is still right.

Eg if I said 2+2 = 5 and therefore SirCakez is the mod, it’s still correct Sircakez is the mod but analyzing 2+2 is 5 is not a defense of SirCakez.

The Mastina scum argument boils down to LLD says so so I need to analyze her and see if it’s a bias and if it’s justified to form my Mastina read.
I'm not neutral though. Pretending to be is hiding my own bias. Seeking feedback while hiding my bias is wrong.

If you felt LLD was right, you'd say so. You could easily state LLD is right, but she's biased. That would be the equivalent of saying 2+2 =5 therefore SirCakez is the mod. Here, you're saying 2+2=/=5 therefore mastina might not be scum. That's a defense. Also, you've seen evidence, provided by me, that LLD can be this vocal, correct and town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:25 am

Post by gorilla »

I remember liking Equinox. Not this game, just in general
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:25 am

In post 1610, Mognet wrote:Nearly caught up? Doesn’t realize I am Prism slot. Like what?
I got to that right before I stopped lol, u only repped in like 14 pages ago
Alisae + Menalque
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:25 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1612, gorilla wrote:I remember liking Equinox. Not this game, just in general
Unfortunately, he's thrown his lot in with me this game. I warned him this would ruin his reputation.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:26 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1607, The Church of Skitter wrote:okay but we're still nuking u tho @entity
Can you let someone with good reads hold the nuclear football, please? Bring Alisae back.
Unless you both want to nuke town in which case, have at us. We'll launch a counter nuke back at you on the way out the door, because fuck scumhunting, am I right?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:29 am

Post by The Entity »

Here's where we're at, you know, as a unit rn. If you're unsorted it means in the 10 mins Equi/I spent giving quickfire gut reads on people we couldn't actually recall anything you've said or done

TOWN
Lady Lambdadelta
Vaxkiller
Nexus
gorilla
Koto
samantha97

EHHHH TOWN IG??
Cephrir
Bell
joqiza
DeathNote

NULL
Mognet
PookyTheMagicalBear
The Church of Skitter (Alisae/Menalque)

SCUM
VFP
Mastina
marry
T3

UNSORTED
Save the Dragons
Et Al (Skitter30/Something_Smart)
Toogeloo
Robert M Hunter
DeasVail
Titus
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:30 am

In post 1615, The Entity wrote:Can you let someone with good reads hold the nuclear football, please? Bring Alisae back.
Jury Duty part 3 cuz I didn’t get interviewed yesterday. Ur stuck w/ Mena for a bit. Sorry!
Alisae + Menalque
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Mognet »

In post 1611, Titus wrote:
In post 1573, Mognet wrote:
In post 1567, Titus wrote:
In post 1551, Mognet wrote:
In post 1544, Titus wrote:Mognet, I am depressed. Me not liking something =/= scum necessarily. It's me seeking feedback.

I don't even read on subbing in. I don't expect you to have read the entire thread but I am annoyed when I have to use what mental energy I do have to do more than you with the data you ask for and I rarely review past games.

Also, by focusing on LLD's perceived bias you are defending mastina because you are attempting to cut down LLD's argument.
Examining an argument critically is not the same as “attempting to cut it down”. Applying what you do to others is a bad standard Kupo,

Sorry you’re depressed but I think with a qualifier like necessarily you’re scum. You’re wanting people to post about me negatively.
So the fact I seek feedback on something I don't like necessarily makes me scum?

People could post that I was wrong to dislike your response to me, which is why I posted it like I did. So why would you suppose people would post negatively to my statement?

You can critically examine a statement, but that necessarily defends a slot. It's not an outright defense saying mastina is town but it necessarily implies mastina could be town.

If you think I am scum, you're welcome to nuke me.
Moogles are pacifist by nature Kupo. It’s not the fact you’re seeing feedback it’s now. It’s poisoning the well.

Instead of “I don’t like “blah”, a neutral ask is “What do you think about blah?” Scum will inherently cling onto negativity that suits their purpose and it’s an insidious way to sneak negativity in about a slot.

And no, that’s not how that works. At all. Asking questions is not defense. If I went “Mastina is town” that’s defense. Reasoning can be incorrect but the end result is still right.

Eg if I said 2+2 = 5 and therefore SirCakez is the mod, it’s still correct Sircakez is the mod but analyzing 2+2 is 5 is not a defense of SirCakez.

The Mastina scum argument boils down to LLD says so so I need to analyze her and see if it’s a bias and if it’s justified to form my Mastina read.
I'm not neutral though. Pretending to be is hiding my own bias. Seeking feedback while hiding my bias is wrong.

If you felt LLD was right, you'd say so. You could easily state LLD is right, but she's biased. That would be the equivalent of saying 2+2 =5 therefore SirCakez is the mod. Here, you're saying 2+2=/=5 therefore mastina might not be scum. That's a defense. Also, you've seen evidence, provided by me, that LLD can be this vocal, correct and town.
Yes. Hiding one’s bias helps to get honest answers when sorting. Seeking feedback is best done hiding one’s bias then once you got the response explain thoughts. Otherwise it’s poisoning the well.

If LLD was right then she’d be able to explain it. Being unable to explain a scumread means she likely is biased. If I can’t take bias into account then there is no case on Mastina. It means she’s neutral. That’s not a defense that’s sorting. If LLD is correct she can explain it. It is not a defense of Mastina it is analyzing what I am given. If she posts scummy then she’s scummy. Her reads seem solid and it’s a dogpile on Mastina because LLD says so. The game was toxic. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mastina flips town and people voted her because toxicity.

Yes she can be vocal and correct and town. She can also be vocal correct and scum. She can be vocal incorrect as either alignment too. She seems to have more in common with vocal and incorrect.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Mognet »

People have a tendency to want to end toxicity ASAP.

It’s the reason I overdid the Kupos at the start. If people laugh and have fun you can get genuine reads.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:34 am

Post by gorilla »

Since I seem to have not been clear enough: Church, why do you think The Entity may be scum?
Koto
Koto
Goon
Koto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Koto »

In post 1602, Mognet wrote:

To be fair, the playstyle I use as scum is hard to maintain unless experienced. I am a feared scum player though. I am not scum but I wouldn’t treat someone you don’t know as incapable of doing things.

Please, tell me that you are not Farkran.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Mognet »

In post 1621, Koto wrote:
In post 1602, Mognet wrote:

Please, tell me that you are not Farkran.
As I said earlier I will not say who I am Kupo. This also means I will not say who I am not either.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:40 am

Post by T3 »

I tred Prism and Mog hasn't done anything to make me rethink it.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:41 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1616, The Entity wrote:Here's where we're at, you know, as a unit rn. If you're unsorted it means in the 10 mins Equi/I spent giving quickfire gut reads on people we couldn't actually recall anything you've said or done

TOWN
Lady Lambdadelta
Vaxkiller
Nexus
gorilla
Koto
samantha97

EHHHH TOWN IG??
Cephrir
Bell
joqiza
DeathNote

NULL
Mognet
PookyTheMagicalBear
The Church of Skitter (Alisae/Menalque)

SCUM
VFP
Mastina
marry
T3

UNSORTED
Save the Dragons
Et Al (Skitter30/Something_Smart)
Toogeloo
Robert M Hunter
DeasVail
Titus
Can you explain the Lady Lambadelta one?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”