Micro 1008: Burdened by Secrecy 2 (Paragon + Town Win)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lila Pitts
Lila Pitts
Goon
Lila Pitts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Lila Pitts »

Ok give me until tmr ill address things
"Is it okay that I don't hate you like I hate most people?" - Lila Pitts
Vanya Hargreeves
Vanya Hargreeves
Goon
Vanya Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Vanya Hargreeves »

In post 498, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 375, Klaus Hargreeves wrote:
In post 356, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:What do you mean by this? What was your thought process when you sent this, i suppose more specifically
Allison made like no attempt to hide their tone and pretty much outed. Which resulted in us rushing a shitty elim.

It's Lila, she suggested this weird baton strategy because her partner was inactive, then kept pressuring us to vote. Vanya is town from jump-starting this game into actual scum hunting.

I don't see Lila/Vanya though, that'd be one hell of a scum theatre.
Klaus has to be town here, since I just don’t see this kind of post ever coming from scum.
Something i thought kinda interesting about that is Klaus SR Alli for speeding the game up with revealing their identity, but at the same time seemed to be... confused why we were forcing an elim thru later? Idk what to make of it
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 497, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:Idk abt the Oka energy stuff cause like Oka definitely matched my amount of energy i thought

Bugspray may or may not be burnt out at scum that's just random conjecture my mind generated im starting to believe. Can't really get clarity on that tho when they aren't here.

It is worth noting that bugs revealing their identity caused Klaus to SR there, I SR there for fictional reasons, the momentum was certainly heading there to be honest but the game we played unfortunately shot it in another direction which was highly unlucky or perhaps intentional

IDK i just really dont think Klaus would bus bugs after that like it seems like too much and unlikely for him to do as well
You, me and Klaus are all on the exact same page. Help me to convince the other paragons because I feel very strongly that it’s Lila/Allison.

Bugspray fake townslipped because they didn’t want to show their hand. Oka is tonally off.

I bet money I’m right.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 501, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:
In post 498, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 375, Klaus Hargreeves wrote:
In post 356, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:What do you mean by this? What was your thought process when you sent this, i suppose more specifically
Allison made like no attempt to hide their tone and pretty much outed. Which resulted in us rushing a shitty elim.

It's Lila, she suggested this weird baton strategy because her partner was inactive, then kept pressuring us to vote. Vanya is town from jump-starting this game into actual scum hunting.

I don't see Lila/Vanya though, that'd be one hell of a scum theatre.
Klaus has to be town here, since I just don’t see this kind of post ever coming from scum.
Something i thought kinda interesting about that is Klaus SR Alli for speeding the game up with revealing their identity, but at the same time seemed to be... confused why we were forcing an elim thru later? Idk what to make of it
Scum can be confused. Scum!Bulge didn’t understand the setup in a game I played with him. I’ve been hopelessly lost as either alignment.

I’ve literally been scum in this setup and lost because it’s extremely tricky play as scum, which is why I think Koba is wrong to tr bugspray for it.

Pretending to be clueless is a great way to not out your buddy. It’s not like your typical scumgame. It’s extremely difficult to pull off.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Vanya Hargreeves
Vanya Hargreeves
Goon
Vanya Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 pm

I'm saying Klaus was confused why we were rushing the game so hard but he also had earlier SR bugspray for causing us to have to speed up the game. He should have known why we were ending the day and yet seemed reluctant about it anyway
Vanya Hargreeves
Vanya Hargreeves
Goon
Vanya Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Ye i think bugs could have faked that beginning of the game though yeah especially considering there was no follow up or anything that ever happened after that point
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 504, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:I'm saying Klaus was confused why we were rushing the game so hard but he also had earlier SR bugspray for causing us to have to speed up the game. He should have known why we were ending the day and yet seemed reluctant about it anyway
But it’s anti-player wincon irrespective of his alignment and far > town since Five flipped town. Why would scum!Klaus be reluctant to kill town!Five?

So confusion is nia. Bugspray didn’t do anything which reads like scum not wanting to tip their hand. GB was confused about the alt thing which is totally nia but considering town!Five was the elim, I lean town on that because what possible advantage is it for scum!GB to do that?

Now had Five actually flipped scum, that would be totally different but scum!GB has absolutely no incentive to save town!Five.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 505, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:Ye i think bugs could have faked that beginning of the game though yeah especially considering there was no follow up or anything that ever happened after that point
And trying to save Allison > Five, which is Lila’s argument, I’m just not buying. In this setup, you can’t bus, so you have to save your teammate.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

This setup is extremely difficult to win as scum. I lost because town correctly figured out who my slot (me +Ank hydra) were trying to save and who we were trying to push.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 8:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=79526&user_select%5B%5D=32417

So, I understand the mindset of being scum in this particular game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Lila Pitts
Lila Pitts
Goon
Lila Pitts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by Lila Pitts »

Okay I'm going to explain this once, kinda just choked an 8 round lead in valorant lmfao

If I understand correctly, the core reasons for suspecting me are I chose five over allison when allison was scummier, I blitzed out the lim, and I sound tonally different.

I picked five over allison because at the time, I was decently confident in the idea of it had to be either five + allison or vanya + klaus, I don't entirely agree with that reasoning anymore but its why I did it at the time. I reasoned if I was going to pick five vs allison, then I would theoretically want to pick the person who was both better at scum and better at carrying town as an IC and I got second opinions so I decided to go for five. I didn't want it so that if allison flips town, people were going to argue that five was a deepwolf and try and throw it off that way and I basically wanted the ic do replicate what I did in the last BoS game which was drive the lines of questioning basically and allison apparently was less likely to do that. That's why five over allison felt right.

Why I blitzed out the lim.

I thought that the alt identities were quite obvious for 3 of the 5 slots of the time. Bugspray pretty much outted themselves upon creating the pfp, setting the pronoun field, and making their first post. So that's one. I was very confident in vanya being flea because well, they seemed to have knowledge of last game, posted in the style as well. And I felt like I was pretty obvious with how post heavy I was getting and I felt like my aims at coordinating activity was bleeding my own identity because I like to coordinate things and play like a sweatlord. Also I didn't know hectic didn't realize I wasn't allison last game, and like if you compare this game to last game's allison, as time progresses the style just converged. I felt that as soon as I started to
obviously
coordinate things and design plans etc. it would be me, because I recall hectic commenting about me being a tryhard and I was like yeah, I can only lolcat for so long before my true intentions show themselves, and with what I was basically doing, my true intentions showed themselves and designing/coordinating things are not easy things to replicate imo. So basically I was incredibly confident that hectic would know 3/5 slots. (of course, tweet being vanya is a plot twist but I was sure of it). Then both tweet and george were in the remaining two, I didn't really know them that well, to me it was a 50/50 and hectic can do better since he knows them well. Of course I first intended to coordinate a fake blitz hammer to try and edge the paragons into blowing their load, but also I kinda felt like vanya outted my strategy before it had time for them to submit a guess and well, I felt like the lim had to happen no matter what because a small % is better than 0%.

Tonally different, idk, sorry. I don't really pay attention to how I post tonally. I will say though, if you are drawing on doubles and dark waltz, I don't know if those are exactly the best games to pull from because of all my games I've ever played, those two games were probably the most frustrating games I've ever played as town. Like I've never replaced out ever, but those two games and maybe baton pass were the only games I've ever considered replacing out in my 7 years on this site because of conflicts (and baton pass was because enter decided to use some very choice words). For doubles I had the benefit of being in a hydra so I kinda just mentally checked out and dark waltz I got myself killed. Of course, I'm not going to match those two tones in this game because simply put, I don't have a quarrel with anyone here. Like nobody is saying "you are the worst player of all time for scumreading me" (doubles) or "you will be the sole reason town loses because you scumread me" (dark waltz), comments like those tilt me to another dimension and when they keep hammering me I just can't really ignore it. But like nobody is saying that this game, and that's a good thing. But it's why you won't see a doubles/dark waltz game from me this game. Also a third thing is doubles and dark waltz were also very mechanical games, not in the sense of pr coordinating, but there were mechanical ways of optimizing DAYPLAY (WHICH IS OH MY GOD THE BESTEST MECHANICS). Doubles had the wincon of only needing to win one game, and that was a game with RadiantCowbells and NSG, of course I'm going to try and direct people to play correctly. Dark Waltz had me going on for multiple days trying to crusade everyone to play correctly and use the first lim as a death pool rather than a normal dance game. Of course if I see such a simple optimization, I'm going to want to direct people to play correctly. This game, the only optimization I can really push is forcing us to play it assassins in the palace or coordinating a fast hammer, I did the latter this game. I cannot really push the first style because it outs me since I tried it last time and if I argue with people to play it AITP I'm going to out myself again and by virtue of arguing over playing it AITP it's not AITP anymore.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by Five Hargreeves »

In post 388, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:I'm saying it's too creative for someone to impersonate easily. i think you're hard to imitate
We're taking this as a compliment, M is a lil offended but that's just him this week apparently :P
"I don't think I'm better than you; I know I'm better than you." - Five
Lila Pitts
Lila Pitts
Goon
Lila Pitts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Post by Lila Pitts »

those r my 2 cents id feel bad if we lost this because i was guessed as scum but effort wise that's probably the most ur going to get from me in a single sitting since i mean i don't really make the decision here
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 pm

oh nuts I was the lim wasnt I?!
Amazing.

Klaus and Vanya are scum again :P
Lila Pitts
Lila Pitts
Goon
Lila Pitts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by Lila Pitts »

flea what was ur reaction to being impersonated
Lila Pitts
Lila Pitts
Goon
Lila Pitts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by Lila Pitts »

im not going to lie i was like jesus flea why are you being so obvious sigh this game is doomed bugspray and flea outted themselves in 2 pages
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:44 pm

ok I caugh up from when I was last here.

honestly, I ain't the read the day phase xD - though now I know I been impersonated I might have to go back :P

My thinking was if I go for a gimmick this time people would click its me quickly, if I just play as me then someone might think I'm being impersonate; I am unfortunately really distinct in my play styles. My other alt hasn't been found yet at least :P
Lila Pitts
Lila Pitts
Goon
Lila Pitts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm

Post by Lila Pitts »

In post 23, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:
In post 22, Five Hargreeves wrote:
In post 16, Vanya Hargreeves wrote:holy crap this setup is so bad why did maruchan decide to mod it agaign and why did we join?
you were scum last time... are you the scums again?
Lemme think about it.........

NOPE!
I am chaos! Doing the same thing twice would be boorrrrinnggg!

HOW ABOUT YOU? ARE YOU THE SCUMS AGAIN?
read this post and remember that the avatar was the elliot page avatar at this point

i was like

sigh
Allison Hargreeves
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Allison Hargreeves »

In post 515, Lila Pitts wrote:im not going to lie i was like jesus flea why are you being so obvious sigh this game is doomed bugspray and flea outted themselves in 2 pages
unfortunately this setup is fucked and i have no idea whats going on. the only point of this post is to prodge and then im gonna log out again because i have no clue what my goal is
“I think maybe you're the only person who really knows who I am and still likes me anyway.” - Allison
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 5:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 518, Allison Hargreeves wrote:
In post 515, Lila Pitts wrote:im not going to lie i was like jesus flea why are you being so obvious sigh this game is doomed bugspray and flea outted themselves in 2 pages
unfortunately this setup is fucked and i have no idea whats going on. the only point of this post is to prodge and then im gonna log out again because i have no clue what my goal is
let me explain: if you don't help us solve and you are town and we mark you as scum because of it, town loses. paragons have to mark both scum correctly.

so it is still important to scumhunt here and help solve the game for paragons.

this kind of post string is not towny tho, its just "aloof" and instead of trying to understand you just log in and post nothing instead of reading whats going on?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Allison Hargreeves
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 6:12 am

In post 519, DkKoba wrote:
In post 518, Allison Hargreeves wrote:
let me explain: if you don't help us solve and you are town and we mark you as scum because of it, town loses. paragons have to mark both scum correctly.

so it is still important to scumhunt here and help solve the game for paragons.

this kind of post string is not towny tho, its just "aloof" and instead of trying to understand you just log in and post nothing instead of reading whats going on?
but if paragons know who everyone is then town loses anyway and it seems like that's the case. why would i contribute to a game if my wincon is impossible
“I think maybe you're the only person who really knows who I am and still likes me anyway.” - Allison
Allison Hargreeves
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 6:18 am

if you can't play to win then there's no reason to play, kingmaker isn't an interesting position to be in when it's against the rules to bring outside influence to the game
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Lololol, doubling/tripling down on my solve. Allison is blatantly obvious scum here.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Lila Pitts
Lila Pitts
Goon
Lila Pitts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Lila Pitts »

i make big post to be ignored sadge
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Hectic »

How are you reading Vanya now, Lila? is cool but a lot of that thoughtspew like the stuff on being fearful on identities and being tilted in other games are NAI things that I think can come from either alignment

@Allison/bugspray
, paragons can no longer win by guessing identities. The only way paragons and town win now is by guessing the two remaining scum players. If you're town, you need to show us that and help us figure out who scum is

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”