Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I want to go to the wall since that's the only place my scumreads will matter unless I obvtown, which I probably won't cause I don't have super high motivation for mafia atm. Otherwise, I'd rather go to the wall (again, cause I probably won't obvtown)

Having a UTR decide who goes where should increase our odds of winning (of forcing someone to scumclaim by not following the plan) right?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 0, Marashu wrote:On Day 1, there is no elimination. Instead, at any time a player may sign up to guard the Gate, the Wall, or the Keep. You may sign up for a location by voting for it (ie VOTE: Gate). Each player may only sign up to guard one location, and players may not change their chosen location. The locations are first come, first served. At most three players can be signed up at any one location. Day 1 ends when all players except one have signed up for a location. The last player will be forced to the last location without three people at it. Then, if all three mafia members are at the same location, the town wins immediately.
Yeah I've been reading some tidbits myself, do we want to have the last person chosen the person we scumread the most?
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 25, Infinity 324 wrote:Having a UTR decide who goes where should increase our odds of winning (of forcing someone to scumclaim by not following the plan) right?
Yes, I believe so.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'm feeling super refreshed and ready to play hard so pardon the glowiness from my posts
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 23, Something_Smart wrote:I can provide my thoughts on the setup if people want, though I was thinking it might be better to let some other people weigh in first, because I suspect that people will probably be taking my opinions pretty seriously :P

Also I'm ngl I was a bit excited to play with absinthe because she was someone I remember being around way back in the day (though I don't think I ever played any games with her).
Only a handful of games from back then, and I don't think anyone in this player list was in one of them.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 25, Infinity 324 wrote:I want to go to the wall since that's the only place my scumreads will matter unless I obvtown, which I probably won't cause I don't have super high motivation for mafia atm. Otherwise, I'd rather go to the wall (again, cause I probably won't obvtown)

Having a UTR decide who goes where should increase our odds of winning (of forcing someone to scumclaim by not following the plan) right?
I'm a bit confused on your preference here, I think obvtowning is way more important in the Wall than the others
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I am very happy I opened my role PM and it is wonderfully green!
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 26, unwnd wrote:
In post 0, Marashu wrote:On Day 1, there is no elimination. Instead, at any time a player may sign up to guard the Gate, the Wall, or the Keep. You may sign up for a location by voting for it (ie VOTE: Gate). Each player may only sign up to guard one location, and players may not change their chosen location. The locations are first come, first served. At most three players can be signed up at any one location. Day 1 ends when all players except one have signed up for a location. The last player will be forced to the last location without three people at it. Then, if all three mafia members are at the same location, the town wins immediately.
Yeah I've been reading some tidbits myself, do we want to have the last person chosen the person we scumread the most?
How to enforce choice order? Stating the obvious, but today we're dealing with a higher than usual mafia numbers influence, though it's somewhat negated by individual townie choices.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I read the setup briefly and it seems if we get all of the bad people to sign up for the same location we shall win immediately.

Seeing as they are probably not so stupid as to do that, perhaps we should try quickly putting all the good people into two locations and then the bad people will be stuck going to the last location?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 31, Anastasia wrote:I am very happy I opened my role PM and it is wonderfully green!
I scumread this post. :/
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'm probably not setting a great example by impulse because I think votes are locked. We could just hash things out and play D1 traditional if someone wants to keep track of votes (e.g not me)
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 34, absinthe wrote:
In post 31, Anastasia wrote:I am very happy I opened my role PM and it is wonderfully green!
I scumread this post. :/
I am sad that you are either wrong or scum and I shall endeavor to figure out which.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by absinthe »

Two scummy posts in a row. I'm not really anxious to wind up in a day 1 tunnel, but I suppose it could be worse.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 27, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 25, Infinity 324 wrote:Having a UTR decide who goes where should increase our odds of winning (of forcing someone to scumclaim by not following the plan) right?
Yes, I believe so.
The issue with this plan is that by removing agency from players you make it easier for the bad ones to hide.

I do think there should be some accountability - however lol-locating might actually be good if our initial instincts are correct.

I think of this somewhat like a dance game where you are dancing with three instead of two.

With that said, I am looking for two wonderfully townie players to share a lovely evening under the stars with me.

I would like them to be so obviously town that I have no doubt in my heart that I can trust them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:25 pm

In post 33, Anastasia wrote:Seeing as they are probably not so stupid as to do that, perhaps we should try quickly putting all the good people into two locations and then the bad people will be stuck going to the last location?
Using the the locations as a one-shot scumteam guess is... a thing we could do, but probably not the most efficient use of it given that the odds of actually getting it right are so low.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 37, absinthe wrote:Two scummy posts in a row. I'm not really anxious to wind up in a day 1 tunnel, but I suppose it could be worse.
I think your mindset might be wrong for how you are approaching this game.

Rather than finding those who you can trust, you are trying to spread suspicion.

I'm unsure if this is scum motivated for now.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 39, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 33, Anastasia wrote:Seeing as they are probably not so stupid as to do that, perhaps we should try quickly putting all the good people into two locations and then the bad people will be stuck going to the last location?
Using the the locations as a one-shot scumteam guess is... a thing we could do, but probably not the most efficient use of it given that the odds of actually getting it right are so low.

You misunderstand me,

I think the best way is to have groups of three who mutually townread each other.

For example if I trust you and unwnd, and you and unwnd also trust me and each other, we could all go to the Wall together. If all three of us are town and the other group of three townies also find each other successfully, it would be a win.

I know the odds are not great but it is a dream for me.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by unwnd »

After some careful thought I think using Gate is the best null/trashpile, mostly because if we're wrong on a base assumption we can clear a wrong read or confirm an unknown
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by unwnd »

It especially puts the onus on scum because they're the ones who have to decide as well

Look at me using mechanics, dread the thought
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 40, Anastasia wrote:
In post 37, absinthe wrote:Two scummy posts in a row. I'm not really anxious to wind up in a day 1 tunnel, but I suppose it could be worse.
I think your mindset might be wrong for how you are approaching this game.

Rather than finding those who you can trust, you are trying to spread suspicion.

I'm unsure if this is scum motivated for now.
I call them like I see them.

Usually my page 1/2 reads are townreads, though.

It could be a playstyle clash that's clanging so hard. It's not just your entrance post declaring your green role pm. The way you phrase things also clangs.

You've earned a skeptical eye, but not a blind one.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by absinthe »

the slightest shades of Tenet.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 45, absinthe wrote:
the slightest shades of Tenet.
That plan was poor because it became the focus in a game that had a proper votecount, and also it was co-opted by scum lol
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by absinthe »

a proper votecount and an improper one. The co-opting was the deadly issue, though.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

I think your activity is decently pure absin but I'm well aware of your capability as scum, so I'd like to extend a mutual agreement and assume you're not holding a knife behind your back
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 pm

In post 41, Anastasia wrote:You misunderstand me
I don't think so? You're saying that we can try to force all three scum to be at the same location. We can try, but we'll almost certainly fail.

Return to “Completed Open Games”