joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by joqiza »

there is a post by LLD yesterday where she appeared to believe marry's claim of eavesdropper. if you read it as genuine, i think it implies town!LLD--she wouldn't believe marry was eavesdropper while bussing her own eavesdropper, mastina.

that said, it's fakeable and i think LLD herself might be offended if i accused her of slipping, whether it's town-slipping or otherwise. i will just point it out and leave it there.

i have sam in my unsorted pile @mognet. sorry but i will have to give you a rain check on this one. i will say though at it pertains to this argument, scum opening up the day by pushing on town!LLD seems very ballsy.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Mognet »

They just lost one of their own against a hyper player list assuming that a majority of the active players are American.

Scum would probably need to be aggressive Kupo.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1867, Mognet wrote:
In post 1866, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1846, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1842, joqiza wrote:her main utility to scum was served by confirming to them that there was no town eavesdropper.
Let's just say I am the town mirror version of this kind of thinking.
you just claimed. great job.
No he didn’t smiley face Kupo (A)

You gained amnesia

Wanna share reads?
eh. i have a few reads, but most of the game is still in my unknown pile.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by samantha97 »

I cannot believe you really think mafia were trying to save mastina and failed to a strong list of town players lol
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by gorilla »

In post 1846, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1842, joqiza wrote:her main utility to scum was served by confirming to them that there was no town eavesdropper.
Let's just say I am the town mirror version of this kind of thinking.
Robert is very likely town.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1878, samantha97 wrote:I cannot believe you really think mafia were trying to save mastina and failed to a strong list of town players lol
I did not say that.

I am saying if scum bussed there would still be town players on the wagon that were not interested in hunting elsewhere.

This lack of interest mean scum would have to come out swinging to regain the gamestate.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by gorilla »

So I have a little spiel: I went and looked at the previous DEFCON games, and in 3.0 and 4.0, the only ones to use this alignment distribution, there were actually very few group scum who tried to draft troops - in both games only 1 got a PR, and the rest were silos, although one in 4.0 tried to draft eavesdropper and missed out on it. The simple fact of the matter is that most of the PRs are simply not that useful to mafia compared to a silo. Take something like counterintelligence - while theoretically a framer/lawyer is beneficial to mafia, the likelihood of it ever coming into play is very very low - there's simply too many night action targets. A silo by comparison is much more practical. Especially given mastina's flip, I would bank on scum only having 1 more PR - the only ones with real appeal are espionage, battleship, and maybe fighter. Keep this in mind for when people start claiming.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1881, gorilla wrote:So I have a little spiel: I went and looked at the previous DEFCON games, and in 3.0 and 4.0, the only ones to use this alignment distribution, there were actually very few group scum who tried to draft troops - in both games only 1 got a PR, and the rest were silos, although one in 4.0 tried to draft eavesdropper and missed out on it. The simple fact of the matter is that most of the PRs are simply not that useful to mafia compared to a silo. Take something like counterintelligence - while theoretically a framer/lawyer is beneficial to mafia, the likelihood of it ever coming into play is very very low - there's simply too many night action targets. A silo by comparison is much more practical. Especially given mastina's flip, I would bank on scum only having 1 more PR - the only ones with real appeal are espionage, battleship, and maybe fighter. Keep this in mind for when people start claiming.
I agree gorilla Kupo.

Hence my statement at the open.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Bell »

Hiya
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by The Church of Skitter »

the only thing I got from these pages is that if marry is town VFP is scum
Alisae + Menalque
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Bell »

What, historically, do 3p tend to use in terms of silos/troop movements?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Bell »

Also, I'm not sure that if a team with Mastina in it would be silo happy or not.

Also, good job on eliminating scum mastina. I'm afraid I missed her.
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:54 pm

I wouldn't know but I would probably want a fallout shelter if I was a 3rd party.
Alisae + Menalque
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by gorilla »

Reading page 75, I still think samantha is town. I don't think mafia raises the possibility of a bus after their teammate got hardshoved, far more likely to hang back and stay out of the way. No utility to asking that question as scum. (I think LLD will sort herself at this point, though)

Anyway, I think the mastina wagon is probably filthy with scum - she was getting hardpushed and her role had absolutely no value. I think examining the votes there is likely to prove fruitful.
In post 136, mastina wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear
gorilla
Prism
Cephrir (fastest backtrack in the west: I thought his opener was scum but his posts since then make me think town)
samantha97
If there's a single scum at the top of her list it's the Prism slot, otherwise I think this list is likely town as I suspect mastona's a player who tries to be honest as mafia and only townread town.

I also think mastina's vaxkiller scumread was mafia fosing a town, I don't think that was distancing.

Add Bell and joqiza as townreads and I think that's solid.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1868, samantha97 wrote:99% chance mafia wanted to cut their losses and ram through doomed mastina, get some town points, and end the day fast

and who pushed it harder than lady lambdadelta

plus my tinfoil that entire time was that the reason ldd was being so harsh was because they already planned it with mastina beforehand
In post 1450, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Why do I need another read? Mastina is scum, she'll flip, and then I'll have reads from that.

You said you would vote Mastina right? What's the holdup then?
being antsy about the day not being rushed was a red flag for me too
They're always harsh though. I agree there were almost certainly bus votes On mastina, but I also think it wasn't LLD. But the people who voted her with low content allowing themselves to move off if the opportunity presented itself.

But eh. I think it would be extremely poor play to eliminate LLD right now.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by gorilla »

Third parties went silo/aircraft carrier and air base/submarine in previous games (taking the submarine as the free pick seems optimal imho). I don't think you can clear someone with troops of being SK.
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1888, gorilla wrote:Reading page 75, I still think samantha is town. I don't think mafia raises the possibility of a bus after their teammate got hardshoved, far more likely to hang back and stay out of the way. No utility to asking that question as scum. (I think LLD will sort herself at this point, though)

Anyway, I think the mastina wagon is probably filthy with scum - she was getting hardpushed and her role had absolutely no value. I think examining the votes there is likely to prove fruitful.
In post 136, mastina wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear
gorilla
Prism
Cephrir (fastest backtrack in the west: I thought his opener was scum but his posts since then make me think town)
samantha97
If there's a single scum at the top of her list it's the Prism slot, otherwise I think this list is likely town as I suspect mastona's a player who tries to be honest as mafia and only townread town.

I also think mastina's vaxkiller scumread was mafia fosing a town, I don't think that was distancing.

Add Bell and joqiza as townreads and I think that's solid.
You realize gorilla Kupo that I received Prism’s missive right?

Therefore your argument does not make sense unless you are arguing I was bussing Mastina?

That does not follow.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by gorilla »

In post 1081, T3 wrote:There :dead: is :dead: only :dead: death!
VOTE: DeasVail

I don't particularly like mastina right now but I think this might be the better lim.
In post 1085, T3 wrote:
In post 1080, Robert M Hunter wrote:VOTE: Vaxkiller
Silent vote from a player who hasn't done anything all game on to a townread of mine.
Hmm...
In post 1258, T3 wrote:VOTE: mastina
I'm good with this, but would prefer something else.
To the end of looking for scum in mastina voters: I think this is a good place to start.

VOTE: T3
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1887, The Church of Skitter wrote:I wouldn't know but I would probably want a fallout shelter if I was a 3rd party.
Ngl, I feel like me asking this question, i would have voted myself for 3p hunting as scum. Tee hee, I'm still town tho.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by gorilla »

In post 1891, Mognet wrote:You realize gorilla Kupo that I received Prism’s missive right?

Therefore your argument does not make sense unless you are arguing I was bussing Mastina?

That does not follow.
I'm never going to townread someone who was making a defense of mafia on a day 1elim. It takes a gutsy sort of player to do that, but for all I know you could be some kind of don corleone playing on a secret alt.

But I'm not interested in voting you right now either. I just don't super townread you.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hello beautiful people! I will have more for you all soon
Mognet
Mognet
Goon
Mognet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Mognet »

In post 1894, gorilla wrote:
In post 1891, Mognet wrote:You realize gorilla Kupo that I received Prism’s missive right?

That does not follow.
I'm never going to townread someone who was making a defense of mafia on a day 1elim. It takes a gutsy sort of player to do that, but for all I know you could be some kind of don corleone playing on a secret alt.

But I'm not interested in voting you right now either. I just don't super townread you.
That’s fair. Not asking you to think I am an American.

Just if Gorilla Kupo thinks I am scum, then he needs a hypothesis to match the idea that I am scum.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1892, gorilla wrote:
In post 1081, T3 wrote:There :dead: is :dead: only :dead: death!
VOTE: DeasVail

I don't particularly like mastina right now but I think this might be the better lim.
In post 1085, T3 wrote:
In post 1080, Robert M Hunter wrote:VOTE: Vaxkiller
Silent vote from a player who hasn't done anything all game on to a townread of mine.
Hmm...
In post 1258, T3 wrote:VOTE: mastina
I'm good with this, but would prefer something else.
To the end of looking for scum in mastina voters: I think this is a good place to start.

oh yeah i forgot about this scumbucket

"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
The Church of Skitter
The Church of Skitter
Goon
The Church of Skitter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:04 pm

tbh i'm waiting for LLD's next action
Alisae + Menalque
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Bell »

It is, in fact the rare scum that defends mafia day 1, as mafia themselves.
I thought they might have been scum arguing against a town miselimination. But that proved wrong. It is, at the very least, unique, though not unprecedented.

I'm just looking at Prism with the closest magnifying glass I have and waiting tbh (this is not a crumb).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”