Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 122, Infinity 324 wrote:I feel like I've probably played with a bunch of people here but I don't know who they are

Agree that unwnd feels town, briar's "I'm gonna obvtown" comes from town more often than not I think and I'm getting some townvibes from ana as well

ffery could be scum, mostly because she hasn't townpinged me yet
you should tune up that pingdar, then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

okay the anime avis are starting to get to me ngl
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm not changing my avi for you this time, S_S.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I think that I personally would prefer the Gate. But there appears to be a discussion on the best way to assign people to groups, so I can wait for that conversation to happen before I lock in my choice
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by unwnd »

I caution that you don't instantly lock, I'm starting regret that choice a bit in hindsight
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 128, Lukewarm wrote:I think that I personally would prefer the Gate. But there appears to be a discussion on the best way to assign people to groups, so I can wait for that conversation to happen before I lock in my choice
What drives that preference?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Briar »

So, the thing is with my response to Anastasia is that there's basically a certain ~type~ of personality that I tend to mesh easily and well with whether or not I know them, and I trust that to a degree they're fine with me displaying a sort of friendly warmth/playfulness and will reciprocate in kind or at the very least not find it weird, and given that Ana did more than that I was fine going along with it. It's harder to have that sort of connection with like, absinthe/unwnd this game (even if I know the latter) just because of who they are as people. Which isn't a bad thing by any means because I like both of them! But it's just easier for me to get comfortable with someone like Ana at least more openly.

As for my actual read on her, it's townread right now. It's not so much for content but like... in my head, there's two paths, and the one where she's town currently involves her like... being able to read these things from me as a person and then take the /further/ step from that where she assume that "If I buddy up to Briar, she will be less willing to kill me, because Briar doesn't like killing her friends" (which is an unfortunate flaw of my game), and then goes to hype me up/etc. Which is a really big fucking stretch (UNLESS she is an alt, who has played with me and then read me as my main which is another big stretch I have to make to get to her being scum IMO) compared to her just being town and she's vibing with me right now, so that's that.

Maybe I'm being too kind because I do like her posts from a strictly non-game perspective and don't want her to be scum but regardless of that I see town. Even her opening posts (which I think absinthe/unwnd?) said pinged them read as... awkward more than scummy. SO, yeah.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 130, absinthe wrote:
In post 128, Lukewarm wrote:I think that I personally would prefer the Gate. But there appears to be a discussion on the best way to assign people to groups, so I can wait for that conversation to happen before I lock in my choice
Because so far, I do not think that I have had a single correct scum read in any completed game I have played in, and at the gate there is a 66% chance that I will automatically know the alignment of every player in my group :lol:

Spoiler:
I believe unwnd, catboi, and you can all attest to the level at which my scum reading ability is lacking
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 132, Lukewarm wrote:
Because so far, I do not think that I have had a single correct scum read in any completed game I have played in, and at the gate there is a 66% chance that I will automatically know the alignment of every player in my group :lol:

Spoiler:
I believe unwnd, catboi, and you can all attest to the level at which my scum reading ability is lacking
Wait. It would only be 50% ...
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

Spoiler:
You shouldn't think harshly of yourself, my post-game thoughts were genuine

Moreover, I don't want to feel like you'd just be making excuses for a bad read due to incompetence
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 133, Lukewarm wrote:

Spoiler:
Wait. It would only be 50% ...

On second thought, It would probably be bad for the team for me to be in Gate. Because if I end up the innocent child, then my reads will matter for every minigame.

I need to rethink my preference :dead:
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 125, absinthe wrote:you should tune up that pingdar, then.
You think I should have townpings from you at this point?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 131, Briar wrote:So, the thing is with my response to Anastasia is that there's basically a certain ~type~ of personality that I tend to mesh easily and well with whether or not I know them, and I trust that to a degree they're fine with me displaying a sort of friendly warmth/playfulness and will reciprocate in kind or at the very least not find it weird, and given that Ana did more than that I was fine going along with it.
It's harder to have that sort of connection with like, absinthe/unwnd this game (even if I know the latter) just because of who they are as people. Which isn't a bad thing by any means because I like both of them! But it's just easier for me to get comfortable with someone like Ana at least more openly.

As for my actual read on her, it's townread right now. It's not so much for content but like... in my head, there's two paths, and the one where she's town currently involves her like... being able to read these things from me as a person and then take the /further/ step from that where she assume that "If I buddy up to Briar, she will be less willing to kill me, because Briar doesn't like killing her friends" (which is an unfortunate flaw of my game), and then goes to hype me up/etc. Which is a really big fucking stretch (UNLESS she is an alt, who has played with me and then read me as my main which is another big stretch I have to make to get to her being scum IMO) compared to her just being town and she's vibing with me right now, so that's that.

Maybe I'm being too kind because I do like her posts from a strictly non-game perspective and don't want her to be scum but regardless of that I see town. Even her opening posts (which I think absinthe/unwnd?) said pinged them read as... awkward more than scummy. SO, yeah.

If what you're implying in the bold is true then why was your first gut reaction to kiss up to me? Was your intent to get a reaction out of me and turn it into a read, or was it similar to Ana in some regard where you saw someone familiar and felt like starting there?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Briar »

Hey Luke, what's your experience with mafia?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 137, unwnd wrote:
In post 131, Briar wrote:So, the thing is with my response to Anastasia is that there's basically a certain ~type~ of personality that I tend to mesh easily and well with whether or not I know them, and I trust that to a degree they're fine with me displaying a sort of friendly warmth/playfulness and will reciprocate in kind or at the very least not find it weird, and given that Ana did more than that I was fine going along with it.
It's harder to have that sort of connection with like, absinthe/unwnd this game (even if I know the latter) just because of who they are as people. Which isn't a bad thing by any means because I like both of them! But it's just easier for me to get comfortable with someone like Ana at least more openly.

If what you're implying in the bold is true then why was your first gut reaction to kiss up to me? Was your intent to get a reaction out of me and turn it into a read, or was it similar to Ana in some regard where you saw someone familiar and felt like starting there?
The latter really, I just like you as a player and we've only ever had positive/fun times together that I can recall, so it was fun to post those sort of things jokingly at you. But you're not like, as much to reciprocate that same energy in general.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 127, absinthe wrote:I'm not changing my avi for you this time, S_S.
lmao

your old one on this account was so nice tho :3
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by unwnd »

Unfortunately your response tells me this game is going to be more difficult than I want it to be, but I acknowledge the response regardless
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 139, Briar wrote:

The latter really, I just like you as a player and we've only ever had positive/fun times together that I can recall, so it was fun to post those sort of things jokingly at you. But you're not like, as much to reciprocate that same energy in general.
I should explain more: I've seen you rather recently not like the like, extent a social aspect has taken root of a game, so I came into it knowing that you wouldn't most likely post back in the same vein as I was but it wasn't a big deal to me that you wouldn't, if that makes sense?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 138, Briar wrote:Hey Luke, what's your experience with mafia?
I have completed 2 games on this site (and I am in another).

Before that, I played several games in this mafia discord group that was full of people I knew IRL

And before that, I played a lot of One Night Ultimate Werewolf. Like I would guess at least 100 games, if not more.

But that means most of my experience is with playing with people that I know IRL, and people that I know well. So I felt like I was really good at reading people in those games, but so far on here... :dead: :dead: :dead:
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 121, unwnd wrote:I think what's going on right now (despite being apart of it) is that you have different players who appreciate different things. When it came to absin, I gave her a loaded question because I wanted to engage an unknown. To my surprise, absin was actually quite known and perked me up a bit. My question to you Ana is why the means of which me/absin had conversation vastly telling to how you/Briar did?

Your question confuses me.

You do understand I know I'm town right?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Briar »

And I know I said I would try to tone it down some but this is sort of just my personality and the lens I view this game through, I guess you could say character but that's not quite right, and trying not to be this sort of person just ends up hamstringing my ability to play. Which uh, sucks if people think it's detrimental but meh, what can I do.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 124, absinthe wrote:think about it.
I enjoy finding town-reads by vibing with people.

It is fun for me.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 142, Briar wrote:
In post 139, Briar wrote:

I should explain more: I've seen you rather recently not like the like, extent a social aspect has taken root of a game, so I came into it knowing that you wouldn't most likely post back in the same vein as I was but it wasn't a big deal to me that you wouldn't, if that makes sense?
Some recent games I have indeed been a bit of a prick. It wasn't intentional on my part but I get really tilted by some things. One of them is how I want the game to played, which usually contrasts with how it's played. My understanding of You/Ana right now is that you're social players and feed off the energy of the room, while not getting caught up in details. I think that behavior is the most easily faked and something that is harder to read because of it.
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 145, Briar wrote:And I know I said I would try to tone it down some but this is sort of just my personality and the lens I view this game through, I guess you could say character but that's not quite right, and trying not to be this sort of person just ends up hamstringing my ability to play. Which uh, sucks if people think it's detrimental but meh, what can I do.
I think the way you play is perfectly fine and if anyone thinks its inappropriate or rises to the level of cheating they can make their complaints privately to the moderation staff.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 144, Anastasia wrote:
In post 121, unwnd wrote:I think what's going on right now (despite being apart of it) is that you have different players who appreciate different things. When it came to absin, I gave her a loaded question because I wanted to engage an unknown. To my surprise, absin was actually quite known and perked me up a bit. My question to you Ana is why the means of which me/absin had conversation vastly telling to how you/Briar did?

Your question confuses me.

You do understand I know I'm town right?
And you understand I am as well? My point was that we see the game differently and want different things out of it. If I'm being blunt I'm not further to determining your alignment after what happened with you/Briar.
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”