Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 272, Something_Smart wrote:Also (@Ana), that sounds like a response from someone who's played with me before (and is in all likelihood not too fond of my playstyle). Is that intuition accurate?

You're definitely missing the point if you think that all that questioning is just so I could state a conclusion at the end. If that's all I wanted to do, I could do it without the back-and-forth.
I don't want the the thread to be unreadable and I have nothing against your playstyle. Any exchange that goes over ten posts is likely to be ignored and mostly a waste of time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 273, Anastasia wrote:I liked the way he stated it because didn't have any performative nonsense added to it - I wouldn't say it's a townread.
Does it take meta into account?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 275, Anastasia wrote:Any exchange that goes over ten posts is likely to be ignored and mostly a waste of time.
I disagree. I, for one, do not ignore them, and I (relatively) often get reads from them.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 274, absinthe wrote:I do think you're trying to harm me.

How?

All I said about you was that I wouldn't trust you to be the Keep representative.

What's wrong with that even if you are town? There's five other townies who can represent the Keep.

If Bell was in this game and he had definitively town-told, would you want to be the rep instead of him?
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 270, absinthe wrote:I was resigned to being the game-losing miselim and felt terrible for my scumteam. I was indescribably relieved that the game was abandoned.

You're spending a lot of time discrediting me and building me up into a scary monster.

And not very much time trying to figure me out.

I don't think you need to figure me out.

It wasn't even about you...

I was talking to unwnd about how I don't think he should've accepted your statement about town-telling at face value since he's seen you wreck a town before as a scum.

I was trying to figure out unwnd's thought process on why he just accepted it.

I haven't even made a statement this game about you being scum as far as I remember?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 278, Anastasia wrote:
In post 274, absinthe wrote:I do think you're trying to harm me.

How?

All I said about you was that I wouldn't trust you to be the Keep representative.

What's wrong with that even if you are town? There's five other townies who can represent the Keep.

If Bell was in this game and he had definitively town-told, would you want to be the rep instead of him?
You wrote a bunch of bloviating exaggerations about my scum game. That and the tone is scaremongering. This doesn't just affect where I decide to vote myself. It impacts other players trying to read me and it's well-poisoning.

Your posts reek of manipulation.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 280, absinthe wrote:You wrote a bunch of bloviating exaggerations about my scum game. That and the tone is scaremongering. This doesn't just affect where I decide to vote myself. It impacts other players trying to read me and it's well-poisoning.

Seems a bit harsh.

I am sorry you feel that way.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 279, Anastasia wrote:
In post 270, absinthe wrote:I was resigned to being the game-losing miselim and felt terrible for my scumteam. I was indescribably relieved that the game was abandoned.

You're spending a lot of time discrediting me and building me up into a scary monster.

And not very much time trying to figure me out.

I don't think you need to figure me out.

It wasn't even about you...

I was talking to unwnd about how I don't think he should've accepted your statement about town-telling at face value since he's seen you wreck a town before as a scum.

I was trying to figure out unwnd's thought process on why he just accepted it.

I haven't even made a statement this game about you being scum as far as I remember?
Where did I say you've made a statement about me being scum in this game?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 281, Anastasia wrote:
In post 280, absinthe wrote:You wrote a bunch of bloviating exaggerations about my scum game. That and the tone is scaremongering. This doesn't just affect where I decide to vote myself. It impacts other players trying to read me and it's well-poisoning.

Seems a bit harsh.

I am sorry you feel that way.
I'm not.

I think you've revealed your alignment.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In the post that I'm responding to?

You say I am "discrediting you and building you up into a scary monster."

I didn't even call you scum so I don't know where you're getting that from.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 283, absinthe wrote:I think you've revealed your alignment.
I did reveal it in my first post.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I think you're being incredibly mean to someone who thinks the world of you for no good reason.

If you're town you should at least consider my point of view instead of lacing into me with these words because you will regret them.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I guess I do kind of think you are town now because of the incredibly cruel way you are treating me.

I'm not sure you're capable of doing this as scum.

I guess I will learn something new this game.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I think what I'm trying to say is I will be even more impressed with your scum play than I already am if you actually do flip scum here.

But I do think you're town now.

and no I never tried to make you into a monster - that was all in your head.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 178, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 173, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 163, Infinity 324 wrote:I didn't realize we all got to vote on all the minigames.
I don't think we do. At least, that wasn't the intent.
@mod - ?
TO CLARIFY
:
  • On D2, all players will post in the main game thread.
  • The minigames will NOT happen in sub-threads or PTs
  • Votes will be posted in the main thread.
  • Votes will NOT happen in sub-threads or PTs
  • Players may ONLY vote within their minigame.
  • With 3 players in each minigame, majority vote in each minigame will be 2.
  • Players MAY discuss other minigames to try to work together to win a side for their team
  • Players may NOT vote for players in minigames they are not participating in.
  • All minigames will share a deadline.
  • When a minigame is resolved, all 3 players in that minigame flip. They may no longer post in the main thread or mafia PT.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by absinthe »

If they are reading this game, there are some seriously gifted scum players wondering what the hell you've been smoking.
In post 284, Anastasia wrote:In the post that I'm responding to?

You say I am "discrediting you and building you up into a scary monster."

I didn't even call you scum so I don't know where you're getting that from.
I keep pointing out your inaccuracies about my scumgame and you keep doubling down. That is a discredit.

You don't actually have any control over whether I wind up in the keep or not. What you do have some control over is how the other town player in that scenario would read me, and what you've done here so far is indeed a discredit.

Here are a few posts where you're building me up into a scary monster.

Spoiler:
In post 185, Anastasia wrote:
In post 176, unwnd wrote:I liked Absin's mentality early and was willing to give it a pass.
She's one of the best scum players on the site. I would not trust her anywhere near the Keep.

Your reaction to her self-meta of towntelling easily gave me chills.
In post 224, Anastasia wrote:you still haven't explained why you liked Absinthe's statement that she could town-tell confidently
when you have seen her absolutely murder a town solo by herself as scum.
In post 229, Anastasia wrote:
In post 226, unwnd wrote:I liked her early impressions, wasn't specifically a statement. Hence I said 'mentality'

I wish to just let be things how they are for right now
It is rare for a scum to have the ability to be the most townread person in a game - most good scum excel at hiding or pushing through a mis-elim etc.

Absinthe is one of the few scum who are good at being townread while scum.

She is absolutely the most dangerous person to put in the Keep

I think you know this, so that's why your reaction to her statement just doesn't make sense for me.
In post 248, Anastasia wrote:
You got away with it because you were town read by enough townies that you were never really in danger at any point during the entirety of the game.

It means you can be town read as scum - hence why I don't think he should've taken your offer of town telling at face-value
In post 262, Anastasia wrote:
In post 253, absinthe wrote:It's basically a meme that I give out easy townreads during the first few pages of a game. It's very rare for me to get a scumread that quickly. So rare that I'm not even sure what my accuracy rate is. I have no idea who anastasia is, but she's obviously familiar enough with me to string together some exaggerations that don't look too off base to players who don't have a lot of with me.
You keep saying this as if I am trying to harm you in some way.

I haven't done anything of the sort - I simply do not want to bet the Keep Mini Game on your slot.

It's not even a condemnation of your play or a scum-read on you.

Some players are easier to town-read accurately than others are.

You stating that you could town-tell adequately to be the Keep Chosen should not have been accepted by unwnd at face value

because he's literally seen you dismantle an entire town solo by yourself almost.

You can't run away from who you are.
In post 264, Anastasia wrote:
In post 261, absinthe wrote:In my last scum game, which was abandoned by the mod, I was probably getting day-1 elimmed, which would have lost the game for my team.
There were enough people townreading your slot in that game that you were unlikely to be eliminated.

You are very good at getting enough people to believe the lie
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Briar »

Oh, yikes.

Okay then, let's really nail the Gate group to get the best IC and leave their group for last, I think, to vote in? Have the IC's thoughts as long as possible.

(My brain is a bit too weak currently to dig into the interactions going on.)
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I'm not opposed to you being in the Keep anymore.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 291, Briar wrote:Oh, yikes.

Okay then, let's really nail the Gate group to get the best IC and leave their group for last, I think, to vote in? Have the IC's thoughts as long as possible.

(By the last part it means that I am unsure about Ana because I liked her early-game but those feelings have uh... started fading pretty fast but I don't know if I'm being overly-paranoid because I think she /sounds/ good but the things she saying don't... feel good, in an agenda sense, and trying to make sense of that right now is a lot of work and I don't wanna comb over her posts because she's going to be the key to solving absinthe I think too, for me, through these interactions.)
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I think you've crossed out of your scum range with how you've treated me this game and I'm fine with you being in the Keep.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 290, absinthe wrote:I keep pointing out your inaccuracies about my scumgame and you keep doubling down. That is a discredit.
Calling you a good player is not discrediting you.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 286, Anastasia wrote:I think you're being incredibly mean to someone who thinks the world of you for no good reason.

If you're town you should at least consider my point of view instead of lacing into me with these words because you will regret them.
If this is how you genuinely feel, then the feeling is mutual, and you are going to have some regrets, too. Even if I come to a townread somehow down the road, given what you've already put in the thread about me there's very little chance I could give your opinions any weight.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 293, Briar wrote:
In post 291, Briar wrote:Oh, yikes.

(By the last part it means that I am unsure about Ana because I liked her early-game but those feelings have uh... started fading pretty fast but I don't know if I'm being overly-paranoid because I think she /sounds/ good but the things she saying don't... feel good, in an agenda sense, and trying to make sense of that right now is a lot of work and I don't wanna comb over her posts because she's going to be the key to solving absinthe I think too, for me, through these interactions.)
(Oh whatever, I think a big root of my worry right now is that there's uhhh, an insistence from Ana that she did not think absinthe was scum, that she was not against him being the group, she did not think XYZ, but in reality the things she was saying to absinthe through that interaction, and the way that she spoke to unwnd, felt more like the issue was that we shouldn't trust absinthe inherently and even though she was saying what her stances were some of her posting feels like she wants everyone to doubt absinthe even if she says she's not doing it?)

(p-edit: And there's a bit of me that wonders if Ana's bit off a bit much for her to chew if she is scum and is trying to placate absinthe who was not having it if that is the case?? I don't know because there were moments where her frustration (at like, S_S) sounded like a frustrated townie to me rather than scum. That and the Dunnstral thing which like, weak logically, made sense to me in full. If that makes sense, lmao.)
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 296, absinthe wrote:If this is how you genuinely feel, then the feeling is mutual, and you are going to have some regrets, too. Even if I come to a townread somehow down the road, given what you've already put in the thread about me there's very little chance I could give your opinions any weight.
I have no regrets because I don't think I've said anything about you that is untrue.

Maybe you don't think you are that good of a scum player, but I think you are.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 1.02

Preparation
Gate
(0): Nobody
Wall
(1): unwnd
Keep
(1): Briar

Unassigned
(7): Dunnstral, Infinity 324, catboi, absinthe, Lukewarm, Anastasia, Something_Smart

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-05-18 18:31:49).

Mod notes:
Only votes for Gate, Wall, or Keep will be counted.
Last edited by Marashu on Sat May 08, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Open Games”