Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Briar »

I am excited but also mildly horrified and hoping absinthe doesn't hop in here because if that group ends up being the same /after/ the mafia change people around I am going to cry.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 403, Briar wrote:I am excited but also mildly horrified and hoping absinthe doesn't hop in here because if that group ends up being the same /after/ the mafia change people around I am going to cry.
I'm not going to lie if that's the final keep group after shuffle I'm going to find a window and jump out.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by unwnd »

I think it's fine if you scumread me, but regardless of that feeling you'd be doing me a service by considering my perspectives.

I'm gonna try and condense my thoughts onto you because I was the one who initiated. I want to preface this that I'm not really fond of (in particular) being held to some kind of standard because that makes me boxed in. A lot of my past games were actually a cause of that effect, feeling like I had something I needed to live up to. When it came to how I interpreted Absin, I very much her enjoy her no-nonsense and getting right down to business. That's the type of mentality I can work with as I want all the pieces in front of me. I'm very obsessive in that manner and a lot of what you're seeing right now is me not being afraid of divulging on my methods. Being more open because it's something I haven't done in a good while.

I was dreading coming to my read on you however because I think your behavior is dictated to how people represent you in the thread. You came to me and said 'unwnd I really hope you're town' and I took that as a slight gesture. Then that gesture turned into..3 or 4 pages of back and forth. You didn't like my methods when it came to how I concluded on Absin and that's fine. Disagreements aren't something I'm gonna scumread someone for. Let me also further state that my read on you is not related to what I think of you. I think the way you talk about players is very dignified and I don't get the impression you enjoy slapfighting. You just go off what you believe in and then figure it out afterwards. This makes sense to me when it comes to your initial scumread on Absin, but I can't shake the feeling that you relented only because of your stated fear. It seemed like a moment where you realized your read on Absin wasn't very planned. I feel like you still hold me at this strange standard where you scumread me but still want to send me hearts and say you're upset that I liked Briar's content or whatever. How am I supposed to feel about that in terms of the game?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Briar »

My groupsolve will rest in peace now, goodbye my sweet dream world.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 404, Anastasia wrote:
In post 403, Briar wrote:I am excited but also mildly horrified and hoping absinthe doesn't hop in here because if that group ends up being the same /after/ the mafia change people around I am going to cry.
I'm not going to lie if that's the final keep group after shuffle I'm going to find a window and jump out.
Make sure you grab my hand and take me with you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 385, Anastasia wrote:SS feels like he's going through the motions a bit - I don't think he really believes where he is driving to.
this seems to be under the misapprehension that I'm going somewhere

I'm just enjoying the drive
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 387, Briar wrote:I would've liked more of a follow-up from S_S regarding if he thought you were genuine or not
Bear in mind that it is extremely to our advantage to hide our reads as much as possible.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I don't think I've ever scumread Absinthe.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 409, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 387, Briar wrote:I would've liked more of a follow-up from S_S regarding if he thought you were genuine or not
Bear in mind that it is extremely to our advantage to hide our reads as much as possible.
You think so?

I'm in the opposite, I know that there's a slightly larger-than-normal influence from mafia, but in a game like this I thought it would be best if we all collaborated together to figure out like ~optimal~ groups if they existed.

How do you feel about what Ana did just now?
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 407, Briar wrote:
We will snack on delicious popcorn and laugh at the others as they try to solve the game <3
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Briar »

(unwnd I know that post wasn't for me but I read it and I am mulling over it right now.)
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 412, Anastasia wrote:
In post 407, Briar wrote:
We will snack on delicious popcorn and laugh at the others as they try to solve the game <3
HELL YEAH.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by Briar »

Man, I'm having so much fun this game, it's nice to have the energy to actually post again.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:55 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 405, unwnd wrote:This makes sense to me when it comes to your initial scumread on Absin, but I can't shake the feeling that you relented only because of your stated fear. It seemed like a moment where you realized your read on Absin wasn't very planned. I feel like you still hold me at this strange standard where you scumread me but still want to send me hearts and say you're upset that I liked Briar's content or whatever. How am I supposed to feel about that in terms of the game?
I have never scumread Absinthe in this game.

If I want to kill someone, I will just kill them. I don't really fake nuance, I take it as a challenge when I meet resistance.

My roleplay flirting with you is different from my read of your alignment - you could say I just like bad boys?

I'm not going to tell you what your feelings are, I have trouble with my own feelings and I'm also not a psychic.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by absinthe »

right now I think a briar/anastasia/me group would get broken up during the night phase.

I'll probably have to unpack that change of heart, but I'd like to wait until morning.

Anastasia, I'm unsure about Dunn being town. I want to townread catboi but I don't think he's done anything unequivocally town. The body of work, feels town, though.

I need to think about unwnd and sift through his iso a few times.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 410, Anastasia wrote:I don't think I've ever scumread Absinthe.
Maybe not overtly? But I've held a different interpretation. From what I gather you don't seem like a player who can't comprehend that you can dislike someone and still not claim a scumread. I got that impression from your posts, where you exercised caution. Then that turned into where we are now. I think I've right about said all I wanted to but I am generally confused by the variation between how you treated Absin and how you treated me
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 405, unwnd wrote:I'm gonna try and condense my thoughts onto you because I was the one who initiated. I want to preface this that I'm not really fond of (in particular) being held to some kind of standard because that makes me boxed in. A lot of my past games were actually a cause of that effect, feeling like I had something I needed to live up to. When it came to how I interpreted Absin, I very much her enjoy her no-nonsense and getting right down to business. That's the type of mentality I can work with as I want all the pieces in front of me. I'm very obsessive in that manner and a lot of what you're seeing right now is me not being afraid of divulging on my methods. Being more open because it's something I haven't done in a good while.
That's fair and I shouldn't hold you to some arbitrary past standard of your play, however I am only human and I have the itching feeling that you are not town here as a result.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 417, absinthe wrote:right now I think a briar/anastasia/me group would get broken up during the night phase.

I'll probably have to unpack that change of heart, but I'd like to wait until morning.

Anastasia, I'm unsure about Dunn being town. I want to townread catboi but I don't think he's done anything unequivocally town. The body of work, feels town, though.

I need to think about unwnd and sift through his iso a few times.
I think it's fine if we get broken up, one of briar/absinthe will remain in the keep and that will flip town and give us a point and a scum flip to work with.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 418, unwnd wrote:
In post 410, Anastasia wrote:I don't think I've ever scumread Absinthe.
Maybe not overtly? But I've held a different interpretation. From what I gather you don't seem like a player who can't comprehend that you can dislike someone and still not claim a scumread. I got that impression from your posts, where you exercised caution. Then that turned into where we are now. I think I've right about said all I wanted to but I am generally confused by the variation between how you treated Absin and how you treated me
I haven't even disliked Absinthe.

I adore Absinthe actually.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by unwnd »

When I talk about dislike I mean it strictly in a mafia sense?

It's alright if you adore absin, but absin can still be scum. I feel like the way you reached conclusions on her alignment simply for baring fangs is a bit unfair, and your logic that 'she wouldn't get that mad' is foolhardy. There's no doubt in my mind that absin wouldn't claw and take every advantage possible she could in order to win the game. Mind you there is nothing I would take from her as truly mean-spirited but her intentions will always remain in the game. Your read and conclusion on her did not follow, personally
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by Anastasia »

If she can fake that level of vitriol as scum pushing a townie then she is even better of a scum player than I thought.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:06 pm

Post by unwnd »

I have a lot of frustratingly null players I want to figure out however. I think the pairing of (You/Absin/Briar) definitely has one scum but that being said one of you has partners. I'd like to see what catboi has to say to my retort and go from there
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”