Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 pm

Post by Anastasia »

ok using dislike in the mafia sense, I have never disliked Absinthe.

Not once this game have I ever had her at anything lower than null.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by Briar »

Did something change your read on me unwnd?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by unwnd »

Yes please assume all confrontation is strictly in the mafia sense unless stated otherwise when it comes from me
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 400, Anastasia wrote:I've decided

Don't break my heart.

VOTE: Keep

Why would you do this. Like you presented a plan, and all of 1 other player agreed with you, and you locked in your vote. Which by the way, I do not like your plan.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 426, Briar wrote:Did something change your read on me unwnd?
It's just how the game has developed. I think the 3 of you are in a position where you can't really say no to what's going on anymore. I still think out of the 3 I would place you as least likely, but I've made poor early judgments before
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by Anastasia »

the heart wants what the heart wants.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:11 pm

Post by Briar »

Hmm.

Why does there have to be 1 scum in that trio? I'm leaning towards it being a bit more unlikely right now, like I know there's 3 scum to find and the possibility of being blindsided is there, but, is there anything tangible or is it just that it's a gamestate reason?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Ugh. Seeing that made me want to immediately vote keep, just to make sure you didn't get to brute force your own plan into place. But I am going to actually wait for the group to decide before I just place myself...
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Briar »

I'm trying to take this game at face value in the sense that I'm not playing with (much) paranoia, and I feel as a whole that both absinthe and Anastasia are towny -- at least, I can believe the reasons presented, though IDK if this distinction makes sense.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Anastasia »

my plan is to let briar win the keep, if thats what you want too I don't see why you would stop me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 411, Briar wrote:You think so?
To an extent. Scum will have either 6 or 15 options for who to swap; either way, which swap is optimal will depend almost entirely on how people are being read. The less they know about that, the more likely they are to make a suboptimal swap-- and the swap matters a huge deal.
How do you feel about what Ana did just now?
Probably moderately +scum because giving up control is pretty much always +town here, but not very much so. (Incidentally: this means Lukewarm's reaction is towny.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I guess the only thing you would say that makes my plan bad is if you think Absinthe is scum?

cuz I really don't care who between Briar/Absinthe win the keep, they are both very townie for me.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 432, Lukewarm wrote:Ugh. Seeing that made me want to immediately vote keep, just to make sure you didn't get to brute force your own plan into place. But I am going to actually wait for the group to decide before I just place myself...
Oh Luke don't do this to me.

So, question though: why do you have to wait for the group's approval in this instance?

Arguably the Keep is the most important group, and if you see 1, maybe 2, people doing something that you don't like, and you see it as bruce forcing something -- what do you think the intentions are for it right now, and why not like... I dunno, hm. I think I'm basically leading up to "why not heroshoot and throw yourself in" if you're town, since you know that at least you're town and you have a shot of disarming me/Ana if one of us is scum?
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 435, Something_Smart wrote:Probably moderately +scum because giving up control is pretty much always +town here, but not very much so. (Incidentally: this means Lukewarm's reaction is towny.)
See this is just wrong.

there's no incentive for scum!Ana to go to keep and promise to vote through Briar/Absinthe because that's a point for the town.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Post by unwnd »

It's just my gut when it comes to the situation. We could be playing a game where something like S_S/Infinity/Dunn could simply be overwhelmed by townies but I don't see the evidence in that world. I think the most likely answer is that scum is fully committed in you 3. Do you disagree?
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:16 pm

In post 438, Anastasia wrote:there's no incentive for scum!Ana to go to keep and promise to vote through Briar/Absinthe because that's a point for the town.
Only if you actually follow through with it...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 435, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 411, Briar wrote:You think so?
To an extent. Scum will have either 6 or 15 options for who to swap; either way, which swap is optimal will depend almost entirely on how people are being read. The less they know about that, the more likely they are to make a suboptimal swap-- and the swap matters a huge deal.
How do you feel about what Ana did just now?
Probably moderately +scum because giving up control is pretty much always +town here, but not very much so. (Incidentally: this means Lukewarm's reaction is towny.)
Ugh, I don't want to think about the swap. >_> I've been handwaving it as an Event to deal with later and I don't wanna think about the consequences /now./

Do you think that Ana's giving up control though when she's outright stated she won't vote herself? Like, she cannot exist in a world where she's voting her partner, right? And at this point her voting herself would be a scumclaim, so what control does she realistically have other than taking up a slot in the group?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Post by Briar »

Like, if Ana doesn't follow through, we all see it. We're sitting there very aware that she's stalling, and there's two town in the group to figure each other out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Also, Keep is the easiest for town to win, so it's the ideal target for a bold gambit like that.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:17 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 440, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 438, Anastasia wrote:there's no incentive for scum!Ana to go to keep and promise to vote through Briar/Absinthe because that's a point for the town.
Only if you actually follow through with it...
I've already committed to voting for whichever of Briar/Absinthe remain in the group.

I have no reason to change on this.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by Briar »

Incidentally I have considered that Ana was leading up to a big WIFOM play where she's somehow the vote because everyone looks at her and goes "wow, look at Ana, being so selfless voting others, we can really trust /her/ since she has no personal agenda" but I think that's also a really really dumb plan to bank on in the Keep group.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 361, Anastasia wrote:Briar who do you want to put in the Keep with you as a backup?
In post 370, Briar wrote:Lukewarm's my backup, yes.

I have no reason right now to think he isn't town. And if he isn't town, I think that when we get down to the nitty-gritty he'd probably slip and show his hand (especially if we sorted in the Wall group first where he'd be forced to take stances).
In post 400, Anastasia wrote:I've decided

Don't break my heart.

VOTE: Keep
Like, you acted started the conversation like you cared who other people thought should be in the keep, but even though the person you asked said something different, you decided to lock yourself in regardless.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:18 pm

In post 441, Briar wrote:Ugh, I don't want to think about the swap. >_> I've been handwaving it as an Event to deal with later and I don't wanna think about the consequences /now./
I mean yes, and in a sense you're right that we shouldn't be talking about it much because we don't want to give scum ideas. But... it is an important part of the setup, so you can't just ignore it.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 443, Something_Smart wrote:Also, Keep is the easiest for town to win, so it's the ideal target for a bold gambit like that.
I mean you'll know as soon as I vote for them that it's not a gambit right?
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm

Post by Briar »

Oh, you already mentioned gambiting right before me, lmao.

Maybe it is bold to do, but I think there's too much room for error for it to be /realistic/ for her to try and do. Will she go for it? Maybe, but like. In that case the two other people in the group, assuming Ana stays in there, can just vow never to vote her on the threat of scumclaiming to the town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”