Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 469, Briar wrote:Why Am I Still Awake.
because you played too much league of legends and now you can't calm down and get to sleep.

you should never play video games before bed.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Question for the thread. Should I vote myself into the keep? Like can I get a count on who is on board with that?

I think that that is the best place to put me, and Briar made a decent case for me going there as well. But now that 2 of the slots are locked in, I am worried that if I wait, I will end up somewhere else.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 475, Anastasia wrote:
because you played too much league of legends and now you can't calm down and get to sleep.

Why did you call me out like this. Get out of the Keep group right now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 472, Briar wrote:I guess my issue with it being the latter is that... isn't it just a scumclaim if she's hesitant? I don't understand the like... worry regarding Ana since we can hold her to her word knowing how many times she's said it.
The weird thing here is that I am simultaneously trying to argue that (a) Ana as town OUGHT to be hesitant and (b) Ana as scum would be hesitant.

I think the upshot is that she's probably town, for how much she has pushed back on (a).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 476, Lukewarm wrote:Question for the thread. Should I vote myself into the keep? Like can I get a count on who is on board with that?

I think that that is the best place to put me, and Briar made a decent case for me going there as well. But now that 2 of the slots are locked in, I am worried that if I wait, I will end up somewhere else.
Are you not paying attention to what's being said right now when it comes to the swap mechanic?
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 473, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 470, Anastasia wrote:only if my reads are wrong
I think it's pretty silly to have a value judgement on play that is only determined after the game is over. We want to know now what's good and what isn't; so I think that it is bad play to commit yourself to a read like that, even if the read turns out to be right in the end.
I think you are stuck in a weird place where you can't decide whether you want to shade me as bold genius scum gambitter or bad town tunnel reader and it makes you sound funny

since I think you are scummy it makes me feel I'm on the right track with this briar/absinthe plan
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 478, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 472, Briar wrote:I guess my issue with it being the latter is that... isn't it just a scumclaim if she's hesitant? I don't understand the like... worry regarding Ana since we can hold her to her word knowing how many times she's said it.
The weird thing here is that I am simultaneously trying to argue that (a) Ana as town OUGHT to be hesitant and (b) Ana as scum would be hesitant.

I think the upshot is that she's probably town, for how much she has pushed back on (a).
Okay, I /think/ I understand a bit better now, maybe.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Oh yeah, for the record-- another part of Ana's gambit could be hoping (or knowing, if absinthe is her partner) that absinthe doesn't end up picking Keep.

Also unlikely, but worth mentioning.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 477, Briar wrote:
In post 475, Anastasia wrote:

Why did you call me out like this. Get out of the Keep group right now.
Is it my fault that you took my heart with you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 pm

In post 480, Anastasia wrote:I think you are stuck in a weird place where you can't decide whether you want to shade me as bold genius scum gambitter or bad town tunnel reader and it makes you sound funny
you are stuck in a weird place where you assume that I have to be pushing something rather than just trying to solve this puzzle like the rest of us
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by Briar »

I have a weird addiction to townreading people who post a decent amount and make a bit of sense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 pm

Rest assured, if I were scum and had to make that decision, it would not be a hard one.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 484, Something_Smart wrote:you are stuck in a weird place where you assume that I have to be pushing something rather than just trying to solve this puzzle like the rest of us
I guess we're both stuck in weird places then
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:33 pm

My place doesn't feel weird to me, though. It's my default state.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:34 pm

Post by Briar »

Fuuuuuck.

I shouldn't have voted myself into the Keep this early. >_>
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:34 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 476, Lukewarm wrote:Question for the thread. Should I vote myself into the keep? Like can I get a count on who is on board with that?

I think if you were to come into the keep you would need Briar's permission at this point unless you want to commit to voting me/briar through
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 479, unwnd wrote:

Are you not paying attention to what's being said right now when it comes to the swap mechanic?
I know the swap mechanic exists, however, the majority of town players are going to end up where they vote today. Mafia can swap either 1 or 2 town players, dependent on if they manage to get an even spread today. So 66-83% of all town players are going to end up where they vote today.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 253, absinthe wrote:
In post 243, catboi wrote:absinthe - in you said you were cautiously optimistic about unwnd's alignment, but in you suggested Dunn saying he "feels" town is "a little premature". What's the difference there, exactly?
I answered this directly to Dunn.
In post 191, absinthe wrote:
In post 150, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 120, absinthe wrote:
In post 108, Dunnstral wrote:Unwnd feels town to me
Sure this isn't a little premature?
Why would it be?
That was a gentle jibe about your objections to me being townread quickly in WH13. And a note-to-self that you've put out an early townread on a skilled player.
Dunn and I went back and forth for much of the Warehouse 13 Day 1 about which early-early townreads on me he was calling weird and why, among other things. He thought the townreads on my hydra with Nacho were incautious and unwarranted.

It's basically a meme that I give out easy townreads during the first few pages of a game. It's very rare for me to get a scumread that quickly. So rare that I'm not even sure what my accuracy rate is. I have no idea who anastasia is, but she's obviously familiar enough with me to string together some exaggerations that don't look too off base to players who don't have a lot of with me.

Mostly I was heckling him, but I do wonder about the ease of that read.
I don't think it's hypocritical, all I said was they feel town, I didn't assert that they're for sure town like people were doing in W 13.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by Briar »

I think I am okay with Luke being in the group. If I get swapped out we can go from there to figure things out regarding him.

There's been like, (1) ping I've had from him (I feel I have to mention this just for due diligence) now but, currently that's not nearly enough for me to be like "no, no Luke, bad Luke."
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by Briar »

However, uh.

I do trust Ana's faith in her absinthe read, for what that's worth.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 491, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 479, unwnd wrote:

I know the swap mechanic exists, however, the majority of town players are going to end up where they vote today. Mafia can swap either 1 or 2 town players, dependent on if they manage to get an even spread today. So 66-83% of all town players are going to end up where they vote today.
I'm not sure where this ties in with why you wanted to move to the Keep
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by Briar »

Actually, it's probably better for Ana to pick who she wants in the final slot? If she's in fact wanting to vote someone other than herself it should be someone she's confident in.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 490, Anastasia wrote:

I think if you were to come into the keep you would need Briar's permission at this point unless you want to commit to voting me/briar through
Really,
you
are going to tell me to wait for other people's permission before putting myself into a zone.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:40 pm

Post by Briar »

I guess the issue there is that if she's scum she can pick someone to flip out of the thread earlier who's a threat.

Which I guess might be worth a point trade for scum? IDK, doesn't seem like it but meh.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 9:40 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 497, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 490, Anastasia wrote:

Really,
you
are going to tell me to wait for other people's permission before putting myself into a zone.
because I did it with the intent of voting other people and not myself.

Return to “Completed Open Games”