Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Briar »

Okay.

(If you did I'm too lazy to go check for myself. :>)
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:52 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 642, unwnd wrote:I've held my tongue a bit when it comes to coordination around who chooses what. I briefly touched upon my own ideals and why I chose my decision, but there a few things that ping me when it comes to everyone's assumptions.

For one, S_S earlier said something along the lines of 'giving reads are bad/help scum' and I never got the chance to understand why he felt that way. I think mechanical talk turns more into an obligation instead of something we can potentially use, so I'm not really getting a good read on the people who are focusing their attention on it (S_S/Lukewarm)
Just in case you missed it S_S
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 649, absinthe wrote:
In post 624, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 614, absinthe wrote:
In post 612, Lukewarm wrote:Wall: Me, Unwnd, Absinthe (aye, a repeat of our last game together )
We're not doing this if I have anything to say about it.
I am curious why you would be adamantly against it.

Like the one game the 3 of us played together in, was also my first game with you or unwnd (and my first game on this site period). If we were doing a repeat grouping, I would be a bit more equipped to handle it I think. I would be going in with two players that I have experience with personally, and 2 players I have seen interact together as well. Which is better then me going to the gate (and being IC'ed) with two people I have never played with imo
I really don't need the trauma. Given the reads on the table in that game, I recognise it probably wasn't town-winnable, but it was the first game in over 5 years that I was miselimed in elo, and I'd have to go back nearly another 5 years for another game where I was the game-losing miselim.

You're not townreading me here, so why should I expect a better outcome?

I like this game design because 1) I can't be N1K'd and 2) there are two minigames that don't involve the standard ELO.
But I was townreading you here :sob:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Right.

What I actually said was, to the best of my memory, hiding reads
as much as possible
is beneficial to us. Obviously you need to talk about reads to some extent or you can never play the game, but we can e.g. bucket people into town/null/scum without going into detail on how confident those reads are.

The reason is-- and I did say this before-- scum will have either 6 or 15 legal swap actions. Combining that with the Gate reveal, they will have either 12 or 30 different options for what to do at night. They're obviously going to choose the one that they think gives them the best chance to win, and I would assume that they would have a plan for which minigames they wanted to win and how. All of that stuff is predicated on correctly predicting how people are going to act; so, the more unpredictable the townies can be going into D2, the more likely it is that scum will miss a potentially winning swap and execute a losing one instead.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 8:58 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 652, Lukewarm wrote:But I was townreading you here :sob:
then I don't understand why you were against briar/anastasia/me in the keep. Can you clarify that?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:00 am

Post by unwnd »

I like your heady analysis in trying to make the setup more approachable for town, but I do have questions myself. Don't you think that giving scum a blueprint of our plans is a bit unwise? I think you agree with that in some regard, just differently. You think giving them information in terms of reads will make it so they can manipulate the mini-games more favorly, and see it as 1's and 0's.
In post 653, Something_Smart wrote: the more unpredictable the townies can be going into D2, the more likely it is that scum will miss a potentially winning swap and execute a losing one instead.
This is where our ideals are parallel but not touching.
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:02 am

In post 655, unwnd wrote:Don't you think that giving scum a blueprint of our plans is a bit unwise?
Well the alternative is not having a plan, so no.

The only concrete plans we've been talking about are ones involving the Keep; these may have been mistakes to bring up, but it's too late to do anything about it at this point.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:03 am

Well actually, I guess it depends what you meant. If you meant like saying exactly who we would be voting out in different scenarios, then yeah that's unwise. But if you're just talking about general things like "we want 2 townreads at the Keep" and "we don't want any obvtown at the Gate" I think they're definitely an overall plus.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:04 am

Post by unwnd »

I also felt a bit of frustration from you? I don't really take you as someone who gets that way, but something didn't compute with how Ana is approaching the setup. You tried to rebuke her and present your own technicalities and she mostly seemed to ignore them. I'm not going to treat you as if you're just some programming robot without your own emotions, but why was it so important to you to continue to argue with her despite claiming a townread?
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Anastasia »

In post 646, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 644, Anastasia wrote:we dont really lose much this way
I've spent, like, my last three posts disputing this and you're just glossing over them
I didn't find your reasons compelling sorry.

The thing where you said it's better to put all our scum reads at the Gate instead is just irrelevant since unwnd is already at the wall so my team guess if accepted would have to be in the Wall not the gate.

I'd think at least one of Infinity/SS if they are town and are being incorrectly scumread would be happy to prove me wrong by committing to go to the wall.

Infinity has more or less non-engaged with the topic while SS's excuses for why he does not want this feel quite weak.

I know this is gonna sound conf-biasy as fk but I think maybe I did get the team guess right
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 657, Something_Smart wrote:Well actually, I guess it depends what you meant. If you meant like saying exactly who we would be voting out in different scenarios, then yeah that's unwise. But if you're just talking about general things like "we want 2 townreads at the Keep" and "we don't want any obvtown at the Gate" I think they're definitely an overall plus.
Yeah I think quoted opinions are very universal, but to get there we would probably have to discuss who is obvtown and who isn't
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Anastasia »

I guess what I'm saying is I was trying to reaction test you/infinity to see if either of you would actually be willing to go to the wall just to prove me wrong but neither of you volunteered to do that so now I feel more convinced I am actually right.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 654, absinthe wrote:
then I don't understand why you were against briar/anastasia/me in the keep. Can you clarify that?
I was against it, because I had a scum lean on Ana before she locked herself in, and as a knee jerk reaction, I thought "I should not let her single handedly decide the make up of the Keep" and almost locked myself in for the sole reason of denying her the set up she wanted. But when I stopped and examined how her suggestion would play out (Post ), I concluded that even though I did not like the play she made, it was probably coming from town.

Basically, I was thinking about the suggestion in terms of Ana being the person making it, and not in terms of you being in her suggestion.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am

In post 658, unwnd wrote:why was it so important to you to continue to argue with her despite claiming a townread?
well if she's an influential player and likely town, then it matters more that she not be wrong, no?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'd prefer to go to the gate to maximize our chances of getting 2 scum at the wall, but if my townreads agree I should go to the wall I'll go to the wall.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:09 am

In post 659, Anastasia wrote:The thing where you said it's better to put all our scum reads at the Gate instead is just irrelevant since unwnd is already at the wall so my team guess if accepted would have to be in the Wall not the gate.
I changed my mind on that. I want to have all consensus townreads except for two at the Wall, and the remaining Wall players to be consensus scumreads. If that's me, then I am perfectly fine to go there; I already said that I will defer to the louder people on where everyone should go.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 661, Anastasia wrote:I guess what I'm saying is I was trying to reaction test you/infinity to see if either of you would actually be willing to go to the wall just to prove me wrong but neither of you volunteered to do that so now I feel more convinced I am actually right.
Tbh I haven't really thought about specifically who I want to go where (including myself) because I want to wait until I have better reads/we're ready for the day to end.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:10 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 663, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 658, unwnd wrote:why was it so important to you to continue to argue with her despite claiming a townread?
well if she's an influential player and likely town, then it matters more that she not be wrong, no?
I get this and tried to be a bit subtle about it earlier. I don't wanna dicuss anything further until a later point in time if that's alright with you
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:10 am

In post 661, Anastasia wrote:I guess what I'm saying is I was trying to reaction test you/infinity to see if either of you would actually be willing to go to the wall just to prove me wrong but neither of you volunteered to do that so now I feel more convinced I am actually right.
Volunteered as in actually signed up? Or just said "I'd be willing to go to the Wall"?
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Anastasia »

In post 640, Briar wrote:Hmm. True.

There's just a small part of me that doesn't trust her despite everything because as a player I feel this is the sort of thing she would do as scum so holding her accountable to her willingness to vote someone who's not herself makes me more comfortable with her. Like, I'm pre-emptively neutering her as scum.

But I guess that her willingness to do that only extended to me/absinthe I think?

Like, hm.
I love that you understand me so well <3
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Anastasia »

In post 668, Something_Smart wrote:
Volunteered as in actually signed up? Or just said "I'd be willing to go to the Wall"?
yea if your initial reaction to me declaring that I wanted you/infinity at the wall with unwnd was

something along the lines of "sure i'll go to the wall just to prove you wrong"

I would've thought my guess is likely wrong.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Anastasia »

I do understand the odds of me being exactly right on the composition of three scum is extremely unlikely.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:19 am

In post 670, Anastasia wrote:yea if your initial reaction to me declaring that I wanted you/infinity at the wall with unwnd was

something along the lines of "sure i'll go to the wall just to prove you wrong"

I would've thought my guess is likely wrong.
Yeah, that's totally fair.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:20 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 662, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 654, absinthe wrote:
I was against it, because I had a scum lean on Ana before she locked herself in, and as a knee jerk reaction, I thought "I should not let her single handedly decide the make up of the Keep" and almost locked myself in for the sole reason of denying her the set up she wanted. But when I stopped and examined how her suggestion would play out (Post ), I concluded that even though I did not like the play she made, it was probably coming from town.

Basically, I was thinking about the suggestion in terms of Ana being the person making it, and not in terms of you being in her suggestion.
Why are you townreading me in this game?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 235, catboi wrote: really I just don't want to be in the same location as you, no hard feelings I swear~ (jkjk)
In post 614, absinthe wrote:
In post 612, Lukewarm wrote:Wall: Me, Unwnd, Absinthe (aye, a repeat of our last game together )
We're not doing this if I have anything to say about it.

I am become pariah

Return to “Completed Open Games”