Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 673, absinthe wrote:
In post 662, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 654, absinthe wrote:
In post 652, Lukewarm wrote:But I was townreading you here :sob:
then I don't understand why you were against briar/anastasia/me in the keep. Can you clarify that?
I was against it, because I had a scum lean on Ana before she locked herself in, and as a knee jerk reaction, I thought "I should not let her single handedly decide the make up of the Keep" and almost locked myself in for the sole reason of denying her the set up she wanted. But when I stopped and examined how her suggestion would play out (Post ), I concluded that even though I did not like the play she made, it was probably coming from town.

Basically, I was thinking about the suggestion in terms of Ana being the person making it, and not in terms of you being in her suggestion.
Why are you townreading me in this game?
To be fully honest, I had you as a town lean, not a hard read, but it was primarily your earlier interactions with Ana. Which is also when I put Ana as a scum lean. This quote from Briar felt like she was reading my mind on the exchange tbh
In post 297, Briar wrote:there's a bit of me that wonders if Ana's bit off a bit much for her to chew if she is scum and is trying to placate absinthe who was not having it if that is the case
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 674, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 235, catboi wrote: really I just don't want to be in the same location as you, no hard feelings I swear~ (jkjk)
In post 614, absinthe wrote:
In post 612, Lukewarm wrote:Wall: Me, Unwnd, Absinthe (aye, a repeat of our last game together )
We're not doing this if I have anything to say about it.

I am become pariah
regardless of the actual composition, this is the minigame I least want to play. But working under the assumption that you aren't townreading me played heavily into my allergic reaction to the suggestion.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 637, Infinity 324 wrote:@ffery I don't really agree that your analysis is miles beyond the penultimate game accounting for the activity of the thread. I don't see a reason to expect you to be incapable of faking this level of analysis as scum, because you seem like an analytical player in general. But that's not to say I didn't take into account the penultimate game--that's part of where my expectation of warmth came from, along with the interactions I've had with you out-of-game. You played well in that game and I was townreading you there by the end, and that game just doesn't really give me much useful data (especially without a town baseline really). I don't expect your scumgame to be blazing obvtown but besides that yeah.
If you want to continue this interaction ffery, I actually thought it was useful.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 9:50 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 675, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 673, absinthe wrote:
In post 662, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 654, absinthe wrote:
In post 652, Lukewarm wrote:But I was townreading you here :sob:
then I don't understand why you were against briar/anastasia/me in the keep. Can you clarify that?
I was against it, because I had a scum lean on Ana before she locked herself in, and as a knee jerk reaction, I thought "I should not let her single handedly decide the make up of the Keep" and almost locked myself in for the sole reason of denying her the set up she wanted. But when I stopped and examined how her suggestion would play out (Post ), I concluded that even though I did not like the play she made, it was probably coming from town.

Basically, I was thinking about the suggestion in terms of Ana being the person making it, and not in terms of you being in her suggestion.
Why are you townreading me in this game?
To be fully honest, I had you as a town lean, not a hard read, but it was primarily your earlier interactions with Ana. Which is also when I put Ana as a scum lean. This quote from Briar felt like she was reading my mind on the exchange tbh
In post 297, Briar wrote:there's a bit of me that wonders if Ana's bit off a bit much for her to chew if she is scum and is trying to placate absinthe who was not having it if that is the case
That post resonated to me, too, before I realized who Anastasia probably is. And it's a testament to how dense I can be that I didn't figure it out much, much sooner.

The interaction makes a whole lot of sense coming from town-Anastasia's-main. I can see the scum equity in sowing paranoia about me while ostensibly pursuing someone else as a scumread, but it was an extremely ungraceful disengage and came after the bridge was already engulfed in flames. And I wouldn't characterize their scumgame as ungraceful. AT ALL.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 677, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 637, Infinity 324 wrote:@ffery I don't really agree that your analysis is miles beyond the penultimate game accounting for the activity of the thread. I don't see a reason to expect you to be incapable of faking this level of analysis as scum, because you seem like an analytical player in general. But that's not to say I didn't take into account the penultimate game--that's part of where my expectation of warmth came from, along with the interactions I've had with you out-of-game. You played well in that game and I was townreading you there by the end, and that game just doesn't really give me much useful data (especially without a town baseline really). I don't expect your scumgame to be blazing obvtown but besides that yeah.
If you want to continue this interaction ffery, I actually thought it was useful.
I started to reply to it, but felt like from my end, the interaction isn't useful at all. I feel like continuing to pursue you about this is just going to cement the read I've already half-formed when I want to stay open to the possibility I'm wrong to scumread you for not seeing the blindingly obvious differences between my play here and my play in that game.

Even though I'm not trying to play inside (what I remember about) the absinthe persona. since I alt slipped (for the first time since...2016?) in my 2nd post of this game, I am kind of channeling those aspects of my mafia persona more strongly than usual. absinthe was meant to be a throwback to brash, arrogant 2013 me, prior to the usual level of play at MS taking my confidence down several notches.

S_S doesn't like the anime avatar, but that image looking back at me in every post encourages a little brashness.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I do feel you're different, and you do feel towny here, but I'd expect scum!you to be different here because the game is more active and you'd feel the need to try to keep up. Actually, one of the biggest reasons I feel you're town here is that you're not trying to look town.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 am

Post by unwnd »

From observation absin is very sweet but just wants to win, which doesn't interfere with how she treats people outside of the game. I think as time goes on that attitude has become more detrimental because people expect you to have an emotional response at the ready. I have to admit that way of playing in my opinion isn't very thrilling. I'm not going to say something so stark like 'I don't play this game to make friends' because that's probably impossible. There are a lot of people I end up liking both for game and personal reasons, but the personal reasons feel much more trivial. This plays in part in how I've been handling some other issues. In laymen's terms, I expect something out of my teammates and I don't want friendship to come before the objectives. I've genuinely refused to do that for a long time.
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 680, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I do feel you're different, and you do feel towny here, but I'd expect scum!you to be different here because the game is more active and you'd feel the need to try to keep up. Actually, one of the biggest reasons I feel you're town here is that you're not trying to look town.
One thing I never struggle with as scum qua scum is keeping up. There are alignment differences in
what
I post, but not at all in
how much
I post. If I'm not keeping up, it's real life getting in the way of my hobby, not my alignment.

I can manage pretty well in a page-restricted game, but it's not my playstyle to sit back and watch.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I meant keeping up in terms of looking town.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:21 am

Post by unwnd »

I realize I wasn't invited to your conversation and that I'm holding a raincheck but

What's your read on me right now absin? You mentioned that you're not sure if this is the game where we mindmeld, but I can't see that being totally untrue
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:26 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 681, unwnd wrote:From observation absin is very sweet but just wants to win, which doesn't interfere with how she treats people outside of the game. I think as time goes on that attitude has become more detrimental because people expect you to have an emotional response at the ready. I have to admit that way of playing in my opinion isn't very thrilling. I'm not going to say something so stark like 'I don't play this game to make friends' because that's probably impossible. There are a lot of people I end up liking both for game and personal reasons, but the personal reasons feel much more trivial. This plays in part in how I've been handling some other issues. In laymen's terms, I expect something out of my teammates and I don't want friendship to come before the objectives. I've genuinely refused to do that for a long time.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say about my playstyle in this post. Felt the same way about a previous post, too. I feel like it's some kind of compare and contrast with your own style, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take from it or what other players are meant to take from it.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:30 am

Post by unwnd »

It was purely for monologue sake, likely from a cause of really poor sleep. That's an unfortunate trait I've taken on this game where I'm running on 3 hours with a head full of thoughts

I wasn't trying to compare/contrast though, rather I impulsively just started to dump my thoughts. It's a behavior I wanted to correct earlier but instead am just falling deeper into it, and I apologize
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:33 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 684, unwnd wrote:I realize I wasn't invited to your conversation and that I'm holding a raincheck but

What's your read on me right now absin? You mentioned that you're not sure if this is the game where we mindmeld, but I can't see that being totally untrue
You seem opaque here. It's like you're trying to explain stuff about your playstyle, but it seems tangential to the game and I have very little window into what you're thinking about other players and the minigame distributions.

I liked your initial reachouts to me, but I don't know what to make of anything since your interactions with Anastasia. That initial disconnect was probably my fault for getting so tangled up in what Anastasia was posting about me to you.

I almost feel like you're trying to run interference for me, or you're using my play as a compare and contrast for some reason, like I mentioned in my last post.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:35 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 686, unwnd wrote:That's an unfortunate trait I've taken on this game where I'm running on 3 hours with a head full of thoughts
Welcome to my world. Last night was my worst night's sleep by far since that newbie game.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:35 am

Post by unwnd »

I find that response funny given that in my mind I've been too fucking open lol

I stand firm however that my intent was to never compare/contrast as alluded to in my previous post
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:39 am

Post by absinthe »

What's your read of me? Or is that covered by the raincheck?

How do you feel about Luke's idea of a rematch at the Wall?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:43 am

Post by unwnd »

That's rainchecked for now

It felt a bit (without offending) like an excited child. I don't think he really thought through what it would mean to either of us and just sort of threw it out there. Do you think that lack of consideration is more telling of him as scum?
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 691, unwnd wrote:That's rainchecked for now

It felt a bit (without offending) like an excited child. I don't think he really thought through what it would mean to either of us and just sort of threw it out there. Do you think that lack of consideration is more telling of him as scum?
I mean, I am slightly offended by that tbh. I did think about it, like I considered my how I would feel if neither of you were swapped out, and I also thought about what it would mean for me if one of you were - I just did not voice those thoughts because I was told that having that information out in the thread would be detrimental to town.

Regardless, I am reconsidering my suggestion.
In post 640, Briar wrote:Hmm. True.

There's just a small part of me that doesn't trust her despite everything because as a player I feel this is the sort of thing she would do as scum so holding her accountable to her willingness to vote someone who's not herself makes me more comfortable with her. Like, I'm pre-emptively neutering her as scum.

But I guess that her willingness to do that only extended to me/absinthe I think?

Like, hm.
Specifically, if Briar is unsure about having her+ana be the vote block in the keep, think I might be the best person to go there??
I may be wrong, but I think I have been townread by over half the lobby, so maybe I would make sense to be that person.

Unless people object to that / have a better candidate?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:56 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 692, Lukewarm wrote:I mean, I am slightly offended by that tbh. I did think about it, like I considered my how I would feel if neither of you were swapped out, and I also thought about what it would mean for me if one of you were - I just did not voice those thoughts because I was told that having that information out in the thread would be detrimental to town.

Is your reconsideration only because of what I said just now?
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:57 am

Post by absinthe »

It fits with his personality/playstyle, imo. I think it comes from the same place that his decision to vote me before egix had a chance to vote him in the newbie game came from.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:00 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 694, absinthe wrote:

It fits with his personality/playstyle, imo. I think it comes from the same place that his decision to vote me before egix had a chance to vote him in the newbie game came from.
I assume that his personality would lean more towards town then in your book, given that's what he was in our last game lol
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:01 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 692, Lukewarm wrote:

I mean, I am slightly offended by that tbh. I did think about it, like I considered my how I would feel if neither of you were swapped out, and I also thought about what it would mean for me if one of you were - I just did not voice those thoughts because I was told that having that information out in the thread would be detrimental to town.

In post 640, Briar wrote:Hmm. True.

There's just a small part of me that doesn't trust her despite everything because as a player I feel this is the sort of thing she would do as scum so holding her accountable to her willingness to vote someone who's not herself makes me more comfortable with her. Like, I'm pre-emptively neutering her as scum.

But I guess that her willingness to do that only extended to me/absinthe I think?

Like, hm.
Specifically, if Briar is unsure about having her+ana be the vote block in the keep, think I might be the best person to go there??
I may be wrong, but I think I have been townread by over half the lobby, so maybe I would make sense to be that person.

Unless people object to that / have a better candidate?
I still want to go to the keep.

If you preempt that, I'll likely cast a grumpy Vote Gate immediately, and then I probably stew in my concerns about a Dun/catboi/me Gate trio unless/until reality overtakes that.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:03 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 695, unwnd wrote:
In post 694, absinthe wrote:

I assume that his personality would lean more towards town then in your book, given that's what he was in our last game lol
I am leaning town on him, but I think the personality/playstyle would push toward grasping for agency regardless of alignment.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 693, unwnd wrote:
In post 692, Lukewarm wrote:I mean, I am slightly offended by that tbh. I did think about it, like I considered my how I would feel if neither of you were swapped out, and I also thought about what it would mean for me if one of you were - I just did not voice those thoughts because I was told that having that information out in the thread would be detrimental to town.

Is your reconsideration only because of what I said just now?
No, I was already thinking that, based on two things.
First.
In post 636, Lukewarm wrote:I am actually leaning towards locking myself in to the Wall at the moment.

Now that Briar + Ana are already locked into the Keep, I think the strategic benefit of me going there is a bit lost. And I do not want to go to the Gate, because I would prefer not to be the IC if possible.
I thought me going to the keep was pointless if we already had a Briar+Ana vote block there, but if Briar is uncomfortable letting that be the vote block, then then it would make sense again for me to go.

Second.
Absinthe's immediate aversion to the combination, has caused me to second guess some of the unspoken "who I would vote dependent on the swap" logic I had when I made the suggestion to begin with.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:07 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 691, unwnd wrote:Do you think that lack of consideration is more telling of him as scum?
What do you think about it?

Return to “Completed Open Games”