unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:08 am

Post by unwnd »

I think the best for me to determine your alignment is to understand what you feel most strongly about, Luke. You've been one of my nulls for a good while because I think you're just a blip right now. Again, not trying to offend. It's just clear to me there are bigger people talking bigger things and then you're trying to get your two cents in. Maybe your averse reaction to me is a sign that you took offense because that
is
what you felt most strongly about
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:16 am

Post by absinthe »

Briar who do you want as the third in the Keep?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 700, unwnd wrote:I think the best for me to determine your alignment is to understand what you feel most strongly about, Luke. You've been one of my nulls for a good while because I think you're just a blip right now. Again, not trying to offend. It's just clear to me there are bigger people talking bigger things and then you're trying to get your two cents in. Maybe your averse reaction to me is a sign that you took offense because that
is
Honestly, I feel like a lot of the back and forth in this thread has been around meta commentary on other players and self-meta analysis, and I am personally not a big fan of those discussions. Both because I have the least experience with other players in this lobby, and because I prefer to focus on the the game we are actually in. So there is a whole lot of content being put out there that I am both unequipped and uninterested in grappling with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have come to realize that meta analysis is pretty big on this site tho, like people are regularly playing in alt accounts to avoid it because it is so prevalent. And like I have found it off-putting that in every game I have played in so far, has end up with people posting links to other completed games, like I have the time to read through every player in every lobby's back log :dead: :dead:

So, if it feels like there are "bigger people talking bigger things" that I am breezing past, it is because they are conversations that I don't particularly enjoy parsing through.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 700, unwnd wrote:Maybe your averse reaction to me is a sign that you took offense because that is what you felt most strongly about
Also, do you feel like I had a particularly adverse reaction to you?

You said you did not think that I thought about my suggestion, And I responded with a post to trying to state that I did think about my suggestion.

If anything, I was hopping that would make you more likely to engage with my suggestions, then if you were left to believe that my suggestions are made without thought behind them.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 532, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 480, Anastasia wrote:
In post 473, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 470, Anastasia wrote:only if my reads are wrong
I think it's pretty silly to have a value judgement on play that is only determined after the game is over. We want to know now what's good and what isn't; so I think that it is bad play to commit yourself to a read like that, even if the read turns out to be right in the end.
I think you are stuck in a weird place where you can't decide whether you want to shade me as bold genius scum gambitter or bad town tunnel reader and it makes you sound funny

since I think you are scummy it makes me feel I'm on the right track with this briar/absinthe plan
I think you're probably approaching reading s_s not great, though he's still leaning scum for me atm. Like, he loves to talk about things in a vacuum and not come to firm conclusions,
though the way he's doing it here I feel is +scum for him.
Re the bolded what makes the way he's doing it +scum? How does it vary from his townplay?

Also, you've repeatedly said that you're not motivated enough to obvtown this game.

What's dampening your motivation?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

If Briar and Anastasia are both town, Why doesn't anybody care/want to be in the keep? Shouldn't mafia want to put a member in there so they can swap more effectively?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I don't have a large sample on s_s (at least that I can remember), but I think he does seem a bit more goal-directed as town and I can see the purpose of his questioning a bit more easily.

My motivation to play mafia comes in waves and right now it's at a low point
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 705, Dunnstral wrote:If Briar and Anastasia are both town, Why doesn't anybody care/want to be in the keep? Shouldn't mafia want to put a member in there so they can swap more effectively?
Hmm yes but there are different ways to go about it. "I want to be in the keep" may not work that well if we're outsourcing the decision to a UTR.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 705, Dunnstral wrote:If Briar and Anastasia are both town, Why doesn't anybody care/want to be in the keep? Shouldn't mafia want to put a member in there so they can swap more effectively?
Have you missed that both Luke and I want to be in the keep?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 706, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't have a large sample on s_s (at least that I can remember), but I think he does seem a bit more goal-directed as town and I can see the purpose of his questioning a bit more easily.

My motivation to play mafia comes in waves and right now it's at a low point
Was there something about this game that overrides the motivation slump?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm finding I quite like this playerlist.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 708, absinthe wrote:
I was under the impression that neither of you wanted to be in the keep
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 711, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 708, absinthe wrote:
I was under the impression that neither of you wanted to be in the keep
In post 696, absinthe wrote:
In post 692, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 691, unwnd wrote:
In post 640, Briar wrote:Hmm. True.

There's just a small part of me that doesn't trust her despite everything because as a player I feel this is the sort of thing she would do as scum so holding her accountable to her willingness to vote someone who's not herself makes me more comfortable with her. Like, I'm pre-emptively neutering her as scum.

But I guess that her willingness to do that only extended to me/absinthe I think?

Like, hm.
Specifically, if Briar is unsure about having her+ana be the vote block in the keep, think I might be the best person to go there??
I may be wrong, but I think I have been townread by over half the lobby, so maybe I would make sense to be that person.

Unless people object to that / have a better candidate?
I still want to go to the keep.

If you preempt that, I'll likely cast a grumpy Vote Gate immediately, and then I probably stew in my concerns about a Dun/catboi/me Gate trio unless/until reality overtakes that.

I have said that I want to go to the keep if Briar is uncomfortable letting the vote block be Briar+Ana.
Absinthe has said they want to be at the Keep period.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

you guys both think that Ana is town or no?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't want to put someone you scumread in the keep
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 713, Dunnstral wrote:you guys both think that Ana is town or no?
I do.

I'm also townreading Luke, though not to the same level.

I'm expecting scum to have to swap players from/to the keep and I think the swaps will be informative.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 713, Dunnstral wrote:you guys both think that Ana is town or no?
I think that Ana is town, and personally am okay with the Briar+Ana vote block. But if Briar is serious about not wanting that to be the vote block, then I think I am the best candidate to go.

So my preference is that we either, leave the Briar+Ana vote block, and we send the left over player there. Or we send me for a Briar+Me vote block
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 714, Dunnstral wrote:I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't want to put someone you scumread in the keep
This was similar to my suggestion, until Briar mentioned being unsure about letting Ana vote for themselves if she is swapped out.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

Basing the sample size of how people are talking about the others
In post 626, Marashu wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.04

Preparation
Gate
(0): Nobody
Wall
(1): unwnd
Keep
(2): Briar, Anastasia

Unassigned
(6): Dunnstral, Infinity 324, catboi, absinthe, Lukewarm, Something_Smart

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-05-18 18:31:49).

Mod notes:
Only votes for the Gate, Wall, or Keep will be counted.
S_S/catboi/infinity/Dunn would be the ones as candidates for Gate? At least how I would like to use it. I'm seeing a lot of people townreading Ana which is something scum has already accepted as truth or is well, just truth.
Stop
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 710, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm finding I quite like this playerlist.
So, you're feeling more motivated?
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 714, Dunnstral wrote:I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't want to put someone you scumread in the keep
I'd like to take a shot on infinity-ss-unwnd as the scum team because I am a naive dreamer.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Anastasia »

My suggestion is that we put three scumreads on the wall and here's how I think about it:

If we put 3 scumreads on wall and ana-briar-absinthe are all town in the keep - we could end up at:

Gate-Wall-Keep:

3T-3S-3T

Which is a win for town.

If we are wrong about one player in Wall, it'd be:

Gate-Wall-Keep:

2T-2S-3T

In which case a S from Wall goes into Keep and we have two 1v1s in Wall/Gate and we only need to win one of the 1v1s to win the game.

If we're actually here:

Gate-Wall-Keep:

2S-2T-3T

Then we know there was only 1 scum on the wall, and we can recalibrate from there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 720, Anastasia wrote:I'd like to take a shot on infinity-ss-unwnd as the scum team because I am a naive dreamer.
or, get this: you don't, and then the scum probably rule it out via swaps. and if they don't, then we've seriously narrowed the amount of possible swaps available to them.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 702, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 700, unwnd wrote:I think the best for me to determine your alignment is to understand what you feel most strongly about, Luke. You've been one of my nulls for a good while because I think you're just a blip right now. Again, not trying to offend. It's just clear to me there are bigger people talking bigger things and then you're trying to get your two cents in. Maybe your averse reaction to me is a sign that you took offense because that
is
Honestly, I feel like a lot of the back and forth in this thread has been around meta commentary on other players and self-meta analysis, and I am personally not a big fan of those discussions. Both because I have the least experience with other players in this lobby, and because I prefer to focus on the the game we are actually in. So there is a whole lot of content being put out there that I am both unequipped and uninterested in grappling with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have come to realize that meta analysis is pretty big on this site tho, like people are regularly playing in alt accounts to avoid it because it is so prevalent. And like I have found it off-putting that in every game I have played in so far, has end up with people posting links to other completed games, like I have the time to read through every player in every lobby's back log :dead: :dead:

So, if it feels like there are "bigger people talking bigger things" that I am breezing past, it is because they are conversations that I don't particularly enjoy parsing through.
Despite what it seems I agree with you. I don't know where this accounts for how you'd like to read the room however. You've spent your time staying within the boundaries of discussion when it comes to the minigames (Wall, Gate, Keep) which I think is...fine. I think your content is fine despite my seeming roughness with you a bit earlier. I'm at a point where I would put you at 'wouldn't lim' if this were a traditional voting game.
In post 703, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 700, unwnd wrote:Maybe your averse reaction to me is a sign that you took offense because that is what you felt most strongly about
Also, do you feel like I had a particularly adverse reaction to you?

You said you did not think that I thought about my suggestion, And I responded with a post to trying to state that I did think about my suggestion.

If anything, I was hopping that would make you more likely to engage with my suggestions, then if you were left to believe that my suggestions are made without thought behind them.
I did. I felt your decision was impulsive and the last time we talked I didn't have a true grasp of why you wanted the pairings you did. Or why you wanted to jump in. My understanding is that you're mostly using the minigames as a way of sorting who you like and don't like, and that you'd prefer to be with people that you do? Like in the sense of 'i townread them'.
Stop
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 719, absinthe wrote:
In post 710, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm finding I quite like this playerlist.
So, you're feeling more motivated?
A little bit, and I felt like I've kind of obvtowned already, but I probably won't wow people into townreading me if I haven't already.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Open Games”