Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:49 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 48, Lukewarm wrote:Marci is locktown, she promised me she is town this game :good: :good:
i remember promising this, but like :shifty: ur confusing me! you looked like u didn't know if you could trust me earlier.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 50, marcistar wrote:
In post 48, Lukewarm wrote:Marci is locktown, she promised me she is town this game :good: :good:
i remember promising this, but like :shifty: ur confusing me! you looked like u didn't know if you could trust me earlier.
This was a joke :lol: :lol:

Before we signed up together for this game, in the post game chat of the last game, I said "As long as you promise to be on my team next time, and not try to trick me like in this game"
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:27 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 51, Lukewarm wrote:This was a joke :lol: :lol:

Before we signed up together for this game, in the post game chat of the last game, I said "As long as you promise to be on my team next time, and not try to trick me like in this game"
ah ah actually? im so bad with jokes LOL
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 22, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ok, i'm on a keyboard finally.
So my first nuanced thought is that it would be weird for Bingle to put himself in the 3P hood as scum when he was put in it as town in the last game and saw how bad it went for Skitter. I feel like Bingle would see himself as a much better player than me or N_M so for him to put himself in there seems really bold. N_M however, might feasibly do it for the memes.
But whatever i think we should eliminate in the 6P hood. Because then we can win in day 1 just like the last time Divide and Conquered was hosted.

I think we also have to consider that if we hit scum first or second in the 3p hood, the remaining player(s) become unremovable conftown. From that perspective I could imagine a scum!Bingle figuring conftown!NM or conftown!nEE doing less damage
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think from Norwee feels like a genuine comment. N_M, do you think scum!Norwee is likely to post that?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I also have a light scumread on Lukewarm for the casual/flippant way he voted, ignoring N_M's , and a general vibe I get that he's buddying up to marcistar both here and in our neighborhood
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Bingle
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 54, GuiltyLion wrote:I think from Norwee feels like a genuine comment. N_M, do you think scum!Norwee is likely to post that?
He always says it
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Which means it’s true.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 53, GuiltyLion wrote: I think we also have to consider that if we hit scum first or second in the 3p hood, the remaining player(s) become unremovable conftown. From that perspective I could imagine a scum!Bingle figuring conftown!NM or conftown!nEE doing less damage
I am not sure what you mean when you say they would be "unremovable conftown."

If we hit a mafia from the 3p neighborhood, we will have a confirmed town Day 2, but if we don't get the mafia until our second shot, wouldn't the other mafia automatically nightkill the last townie from the 3 people neighborhood?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 55, GuiltyLion wrote:I also have a light scumread on Lukewarm for the casual/flippant way he voted, ignoring N_M's , and a general vibe I get that he's buddying up to marcistar both here and in our neighborhood
Getting scumread for a casting a RVS vote on the first page of the thread. smh.

Although, I will admit that I am 100% buddying up to Marci, because the only reason I signed up for this game is because she asked me to sign up with her :lol:
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh lmao you're right, I read that the setup was Mountainous and assumed that meant no NKs for some reason

fully disregard that point then
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 60, Lukewarm wrote:Getting scumread for a casting a RVS vote on the first page of the thread. smh.
I've caught scum on page 1 RVS votes before, this isn't even the only time just the first I remembered
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It’s usually more pressing to get the 6p wolf as the scum in 3p would already be assigned to death from the start. Their only real requirement is to stay alive longer than the other 2 slots in the group and not give away their partner. Thusly it actually makes more sense for scum in the 3p to be occupied with pretend scum hunting inside of their own group (whuch they prob already planned out) than to hunt in the 6p group.
I will be a lot more occupied with who the scum are in the 6p and will only take into account that one of Bingle/N_M has their partner there.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 41, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 29, Not_Mafia wrote:Eliminating down the 3p hood gives us at worst 3p ELo in the other group.. I'd sooner take that than the 1/6 chance for instawin. Unless someone starts jumping up and down and outs themselves as scum.
In post 39, Lukewarm wrote:My gut reaction to this set up, is that it makes more sense to eliminate from the 3 person neighborhood, unless someone from the 6 person neighborhood really stands out as a scum read.
Parrot in the thread
oop, somehow missed your original comment lol

But I mean, there are really only 2 ways to approach the game: vote someone in the 6 person neighborhood on Day 1 or vote someone in the 3 person neighborhood. So there is bound to be overlap in which way people are leaning.

Personally, I am curious why some people are suggesting to vote from the 6 person neighborhood instead? Is it just for the chance at a Day 1 endgame win? Or am I missing some other benefit to voting there.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:42 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I wouldn’t discount an GL/N_M team for example.
It is imperative that the 6P player be pretty good, while the 3p player might suck or be ready to sacrifice themselves.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In fact i think that's a pretty good way to get valuable info.
Players in the 3p should say their reads on the 6p group while the 6p players do the opposite.

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 62, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 60, Lukewarm wrote:Getting scumread for a casting a RVS vote on the first page of the thread. smh.
I've caught scum on page 1 RVS votes before, this isn't even the only time just the first I remembered
Can you really be upset with my RVS vote, when I managed to get a scum claim out of it?

Spoiler:
In post 13, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 12, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 11, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 8, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't think Ole Gunnar Weebskjær would voluntarily put himself in a neighbourhood with me
But would you force him to be in there with you?
Absolutely
Welp, problem solved

VOTE: Not_Mafia
In post 14, Not_Mafia wrote:Welp, you got me

Spoiler:
if people keep taking my jokes as me being 100% serious, I might cry
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:49 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 66, NorwegianboyEE wrote:In fact i think that's a pretty good way to get valuable info.
Players in the 3p should say their reads on the 6p group while the 6p players do the opposite.
Can I get a raincheck until after Bingle joins the thread. So far I have him down as "hard to read"
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:50 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also consider the fact that the 3p player would be VERY scared to see their partner get wagoned, while the 6p player would probably just buss.
Thus it is a lot more informative to lim in 6p group for day 1.

- Bunno
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm not taking your jokes as 100% serious, but I do believe scum tend to use jokes in an attempt to be charismatic or to deflect scrutiny of their votes or scumreads. If you're town you'll be better served by not fixating on an early scumread on you and instead continuing to hunt the real mafias.

It's also odd to say I was "upset" with your RVS vote
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

GL what do you think about what i've just said?

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 70, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not taking your jokes as 100% serious, but I do believe scum tend to use jokes in an attempt to be charismatic or to deflect scrutiny of their votes or scumreads. If you're town you'll be better served by not fixating on an early scumread on you and instead continuing to hunt the real mafias.

It's also odd to say I was "upset" with your RVS vote
.... The spoiler was supposed to let you know that that post was also a joke, but here you are taking it serious as well.

Okay, time to put my serious hat on, no more jokes allowed. :cop: :cop:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Lukewarm

Knock knock

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 73, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Lukewarm

Knock knock
who's there?