Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 98, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think it's pretty clear from all games we've had together so far i'd prefer to limit our interactions as much as possible. Putting myself in a hood with you is completely contrary to my nature. Meaning either you or Bingle put me here on purpose.
I'd probably have put us together in the 6p hood to spark a scuffle and then advocate for eliminating in the 6p hood
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You haven't posted anything of substance.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I have reconsidered, and I think I am on now leaning towards voting from within the 6 player neighborhood now.

I think I have come to the conclusion that shooting in the 6p neighborhood is better even if we miss Day 1

If we hit the 6p mafia:
Day 1 - Town wins automatically
Day 2 - Town gains 2 confirmed town for Day 3

If we hit the 3p mafia
Day 1 - Town gains 1 Confirmed town for Day 2
Day 2 - Town gains nothing

There is just a much higher reward for hunting within the 6p Mafia
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Bingle has been very active outside of this thread but not said hi here yet.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Precisely Lukewarm.

- Bunno
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 101, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You haven't posted anything
I'm not refusing to post there entirely, there's nothing I feel the need to post there instead of here right now
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Well i'd probably post in the hood too if i felt there was a point, but i don't really. I don't mind having an public conversation instead.

- Bunno
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 102, Lukewarm wrote:I have reconsidered, and I think I am on now leaning towards voting from within the 6 player neighborhood now.

I think I have come to the conclusion that shooting in the 6p neighborhood is better even if we miss Day 1

If we hit the 6p mafia:
Day 1 - Town wins automatically
Day 2 - Town gains 2 confirmed town for Day 3

If we hit the 3p mafia
Day 1 - Town gains 1 Confirmed town for Day 2
Day 2 - Town gains nothing

There is just a much higher reward for hunting within the 6p Mafia
Think of the worst-case scenario, if we elim in the 3p group, worst-case scenario is we get 3p ELo. If we elim in the 6p group we can get a 5p ELo, with scum in a group of 3 and scum in a group of 2, which is a terrible gamestate for town.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 106, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well i'd probably post in the hood too if i felt there was a point, but i don't really. I don't mind having an public conversation instead.
This is not what you were saying, you were outright refusing to post there for any reason. Then tried to deflect it onto me.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Bingle »

tl;dr from last game:

very slight numbers advantage to limming in small pool, outweighed entirely by the information advantage of limming in big pool. Also, pooky is probably scum.

VOTE: pooky
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 37, Not_Mafia wrote:If Bingle posts Funeral Blues by W.H. Auden in his post I will assume he is conf town for the rest of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Z5q152GSQ
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 109, Bingle wrote:Also, pooky is probably scum.
Why?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 103, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Bingle has been very active outside of this thread but not said hi here yet.
Hi.

Norwee's theory is functionally the summation of my ISO from last game.

Weird that scum would open the thread early, tbh.

Early townread on Dunn, early scumpings from GL.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 83, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also i will be referencing this game a lot since it's like almost the same playerlist too. So please commit it to memory if you already haven't.

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=86273
I've read through a bit of this game and I better see the arguments now for limming in the 6 pool, thanks for linking it

VOTE: Lukewarm
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 86, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 70, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not taking your jokes as 100% serious, but I do believe scum tend to use jokes in an attempt to be charismatic or to deflect scrutiny of their votes or scumreads. If you're town you'll be better served by not fixating on an early scumread on you and instead continuing to hunt the real mafias.

It's also odd to say I was "upset" with your RVS vote
No, scum are afraid to joke in RVS, they tend to come out paranoid and throw out a fake read. Which is what happened in your linked example. So this really doesn’t jive with your link or scum caught in RVS in general
You're conflating two different points here

a) Generally, I think a number of people play scum by trying to be all funny/lighthearted and joke around, especially in RVS when it's most difficult/awkward for scum. Scum love to get away with a joke reason to plop a vote down, get a foothold in chitchatting with the players, then wait around until something comes along they feel they can fake a real scumread on.

Do all scum play this way? Definitely not. Some of it is probably more personality indicative than alignment indicative, as a natural jokester as town will have to emulate that as scum, and a natural earlygame tryhard (me) will have to emulate that as scum. However, I do get the sense Lukewarm hasn't done anything via real game advancing content, yet he's around posting, joking, trying to be the funny guy. It vibes off to me, I think that's a valid reason to scumread him. Do you disagree? I notice you're defending him here despite the fact that you called him out earlier.

b) I just linked that past game to show that RVS doesn't mean it's impossible to be scumread authentically. Lukewarm was acting like it's ridiculous to scumread someone for RVS joking, I disagree entirely and can find other games in the past where I've had this exact same argument, sometimes with scum, sometimes not. I wasn't trying to use that game to say I caught Lukewarm with the same tell/read as I caught chennis, and I feel it's a little disingenuous you're acting like I was.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 111, Not_Mafia wrote:
Why?
Because eliminating pooky means town wins, duh.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 115, Bingle wrote:
In post 111, Not_Mafia wrote:
Why?
Because eliminating pooky means town wins, duh.
From my understanding, that has a 100% win rate in this set up
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 106, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Well i'd probably post in the hood too if i felt there was a point, but i don't really. I don't mind having an public conversation instead.
I intend to use the neighborhood. Please check for targeted posts and respond periodically.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

What other substance am I supposed to have already put into the thread?

Imo, the first order of business was figuring out which neighborhood we are going to be voting in today, so that is the conversation I have been engaging with the most so far. At this point, I think I am pretty settled on saying that we should vote from the 6p neighborhood.

At this point, I am really waiting for more content from Dunnstral, Vanderscamp, Hopkirk, and marcistar before I can really get started with my new goal of figuring out who we should vote for today.

The only read I actually have so far is a town read on Marci, because I think scum!marci would have played into my banter to attempt to pocket me, but no pocket attempt was made.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 118, Lukewarm wrote:What other substance am I supposed to have already put into the thread?

Imo, the first order of business was figuring out which neighborhood we are going to be voting in today, so that is the conversation I have been engaging with the most so far. At this point, I think I am pretty settled on saying that we should vote from the 6p neighborhood.

At this point, I am really waiting for more content from Dunnstral, Vanderscamp, Hopkirk, and marcistar before I can really get started with my new goal of figuring out who we should vote for today.

The only read I actually have so far is a town read on Marci, because I think scum!marci would have played into my banter to attempt to pocket me, but no pocket attempt was made.
What are your reads on the 3p group?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I think that the mafia put Norwee+N_M in the 3 person group because they knew it would lead to conflict, and put a lot of noise in the thread. And that strategy appears to be paying off, because they are doing exactly that. But that still leaves the question of whether you did it, and the 2 town players are falling for it, or if one of them did it as scum, and is egging on the other.

I am a little surprised at the amount of posts coming form Not_Mafia, in my expereince with him he has been a lot more sparse. In our last game he made 63 posts spread out over 30 days, and then in this game he is at 29 posts in like 6 hours, and that was also a game that had both Norwee and Not_Mafia in it...

So I am a bit suspicious that this is that "one of them did it as scum, and is egging on the other"

So of the three of you, I think it might actually be Not_Mafia... but he is such a hard person to read, by design, and it seems like his reputation has resulted in him almost having a site wide immunity from Day 1 eliminations.

So I am kind of glad we are not voting in the 3 player neighborhood today.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 114, GuiltyLion wrote:I notice you're defending him here despite the fact that you called him out earlier.
I'm not defending Lukewarm I'm trying to makes sense of your read here
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 120, Lukewarm wrote: In our last game he made 63 posts spread out
over 20 days
oop, typo there
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 9:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 117, Bingle wrote:
I intend to use the neighborhood. Please check for targeted posts and respond periodically.
Ok, now there is a point.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 9:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 108, Not_Mafia wrote:
This is not what you were saying, you were outright refusing to post there for any reason. Then tried to deflect it onto me.
Whatever.

- Bunno

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”