Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 890, unwnd wrote:Other points of interest is what Lukewarm does about Dunn because it seemed like he was keen on something Dunn did? But he never got around to it
I have come to the conclusion that he is likely to be scum tbh.

I think that there are 2 possibilities for a reason why someone would try to make the case that we can't trust that Briar+Ana are town.
  • They are town, and they spotted a reason that the rest of the town missed
  • They are scum, and their only chance at winning the Keep is to put doubt on that pair
So I pushed him to explain, and he backed down with "people just are not understanding my point" and even though I came back with "my entire goal right now is understanding your point, please explain" he never did. If a town player really thought we were potentially setting the keep up for an auto-lose situation, then I have to believe they would have pressed more to get the thread to understand the point he was making.

But he didn't, which makes me feel like he could not actually back up his shade on the duo, which would place him in the scum backed reasoning for making the claim to begin with.

Spoiler:
There is a 3rd possibility, of town having made the initial claim using faulty reasoning, but Dunn did not leave with "maybe I was wrong" he left with "I am right, but people don't understand"
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by absinthe »

Lukewarm wrote:
In post 883, absinthe wrote:
In post 880, Something_Smart wrote:One of them was already explained, which is that it's good to have no more than two townread players at the Keep, seeing as we only need one to end up there post-swap.
The other is that the Wall is the hardest minigame and you're the kind of person who would give us a good shot at winning it :]
I don't think you have any idea just how little ELO practice I get, statistically speaking, especially as town. I'm good enough at obvtowning that I wind up nk'ed early A LOT.
I have found that the key is obvtowning, but with terrible reads. I have yet to be Night Killed in any game I have played in, despite being widely town read Day 1 in a couple of them
Spoiler:
I have yet to be in the ghost chat of any game I have been in. That might be neat one day
Yeah, bad reads are often a ticket to further into the game. It kinda depends on the composition of the scum team. kinda. Also depends on whether PRs have been forced to out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 975, Lukewarm wrote:So I pushed him to explain, and he backed down with "people just are not understanding my point" and even though I came back with "my entire goal right now is understanding your point, please explain" he never did. If a town player really thought we were potentially setting the keep up for an auto-lose situation, then I have to believe they would have pressed more to get the thread to understand the point he was making.
I thought he explained his point pretty well?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I think I am settled on Absinthe being the better choice to go to the Keep for a couple of reasons.
  • Briar appears to be more confident in Absinthe over me.
  • If there is a world where combination of Briar+Ana+Absinthe does contain a scum, then it is probably good to leave open the possibility that they can't swap one out (if both other scum end up in the same group they can't swap any of these 3). If Briar+Ana+Absinte stays in place to the Day 2, that would be a massive eye opener before the day started.
  • If we put 3 town at the keep, then one of them will probably end up the IC at the gate, so even if I go there, then I might still end up at the gate
But I also do not want to end up in the Gate.

VOTE: Wall
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by absinthe »

<3 Luke

With Luke's decision, there's no one else I'm willing to entertain as a Keep choice.

VOTE: Keep
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

(also, I have a guess about Briar and Ana's mains, which I am looking forward to figuring out if they are right)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by catboi »

_(ˇωˇ」∠)_

I had a long day today. How is everyone doing?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:24 pm

In post 979, absinthe wrote:With Luke's decision, there's no one else I'm willing to entertain as a Keep choice.
Wh-

Well okay then.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Briar »

Okay, I'm cool with this! Nice!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:24 pm

Somehow I managed to avoid a double post by getting a preview on my own post lol
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 980, Lukewarm wrote:(also, I have a guess about Briar and Ana's mains, which I am looking forward to figuring out if they are right)
How ... did you find out if you are NEW HERE.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:27 pm

So are we trying to avoid doubling scum up at the Gate? Because that gives them a lot of choices for who the IC is?

If so, then I think I'd like Infinity at the Wall.
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Briar »

(I'd have more to say but honestly I still feel crummy and I think at this point I just wanna throw everyone else into a group and figure out what happens, I guess.)

Yes, I think it makes to do it like that? Regarding the gate.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 868, unwnd wrote:
In post 855, catboi wrote:In fact, I feel like I should live my own words - after spending several hours reading and catching up, I felt a significant part of the discussion had devolved into strategic minutiae and awkward jockeying for position and I feel the productiveness of such discussion is limited. It's very easy to get lost in the weeds of such arguments and they cease to be particularly illuminating. I think actions speak louder and I want less idle shuffling of the feet.

VOTE: Gate
I'm a little annoyed by this post, because it seems like I'm not being heard despite being dangerously close to the one of the top posters
Why would I care what you have to say?
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 980, Lukewarm wrote:(also, I have a guess about Briar and Ana's mains, which I am looking forward to figuring out if they are right)
I do too.

Tempted to PM my guesses to the mod as a postgame "game".
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 985, Briar wrote:
How ... did you find out if you are NEW HERE.
I have played with one of my guesses. I have not played with the other. But I recently read through an old game because that game's set up is being used again in another game I am in, and yall's interactions used some of the same terms as my guess's interactions in that old game. Specifically
In post 912, Briar wrote:It took me some time but I finally realized
our soul connection cannot be broken
in these different bodies.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 989, absinthe wrote:
I do too.

Tempted to PM my guesses to the mod as a postgame "game".
That could be fun. PM him, and ask him to put our guesses in the Mod chat :lol:
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 982, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 979, absinthe wrote:With Luke's decision, there's no one else I'm willing to entertain as a Keep choice.
Wh-

Well okay then.
You're surprised?
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I am simultaneously thrilled and extremely scared because it's finally happening!!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Wall
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Briar »

Damn okay let's fucking PARTY.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 994, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Wall
Interesting.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 876, unwnd wrote:When I speak about outcomes it's definitely more on the side of the argumentative process? I put a lot of thought into what I want to say and even so far as Briar described it earlier as 'Diplomatic.' I don't think you're the only one who isn't understanding me so my own admitting of defeat is just

Resetting and see what comes of it. When it comes to the other aspect of 'responding to things naturally' that's just me saying I exaggerate sometimes. I wasn't being entirely genuine when it came to Ana for example because I thought maybe I could illcit a response out of her that would give me a better read. My initial dislike was absolutely true, but I should've just backed away and let the thread progress

I wanted to clarify this because I think the basis of catboi's read on me (from what I can determine) is this action and previous ones, so we're just not understanding each other, I'd like to fix that. The same goes with you
That was the start of it but I think the way you've responded to me and your input into the thread has given me no reason to think you're town; I think you were twisting yourself into logical pretzels trying to justify yourself to anastasia and while you were seemingly hinting at not townreading me your response to my making move last night didn't look like that.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 994, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Wall
hm
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Briar »

I don't know what I'm supposed to make of Dunnstral picking the Wall if anything.

Return to “Completed Open Games”