The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (isolation #0) » Sat May 01, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by The Entity »

What a glorious day.

We are AMERICANS.

Mastina is A COMMIE BASTARD.

And other people did the trolling of voting against Total War before I had to.

GOD BLESS the US AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #1) » Sat May 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by The Entity »

All I remember from DEFCON 4 is that LLD was big dumb for thinking I would take ACC as scum and nobody listened to me about UT being scum so I think we'll save everyone a favor and melt UT's bones with hot radioactive uranium like, as soon as humanly possible.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (isolation #2) » Sat May 01, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by The Entity »

I mean, because she is. Haven't you been reading?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (isolation #3) » Sun May 02, 2021 7:25 am

Post by The Entity »

VOTE: Untrod Tripod

We see you, Commie fuck.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (isolation #4) » Sun May 02, 2021 11:26 am

Post by The Entity »

I'd mind
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #512 (isolation #5) » Sun May 02, 2021 11:43 am

Post by The Entity »

Oh because I don't want to
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #604 (isolation #6) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:37 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 526, mastina wrote:
In post 501, The Entity wrote:VOTE: Untrod Tripod
We see you, Commie fuck.
Quite possibly. He's only posted once this game and it was over three days ago. As far as I can tell his last post onsite was in this game but I trust you to be more knowledgeable about UT than I am so if you say that he's been around since then I'm inclined to believe that makes him scum.
In post 509, joqiza wrote:would anyone mind fleshing out the bell divergent town/scum game for me btw?
Well basically Bell is the new Creature; as scum, he can fake effort for a short while but over long periods of time, if he's posting lots and lots and his content is good, he's town; if he's not, he's scum.

He can fake it short term but long-term it's impossible and this is shaping up to look a lot like Bell as town.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #7) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:38 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 545, DeathNote wrote:Umm... why are you all voting? I was told I'd be nuking people, not voting them. I ain't voting shit.
Hi Cody. Please be town so I don't have to nuke my friend. Thanks in advance.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #606 (isolation #8) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:40 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 589, Cephrir wrote:I kind of think if et al were scum they would have observed that their current tack is not working and done something g else
You make a large assumption about good scumplay here
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #610 (isolation #9) » Mon May 03, 2021 6:52 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 609, DeathNote wrote:
In post 605, The Entity wrote:
In post 545, DeathNote wrote:Umm... why are you all voting? I was told I'd be nuking people, not voting them. I ain't voting shit.
Hi Cody. Please be town so I don't have to nuke my friend. Thanks in advance.
Odds are higher that I am town then scum right?

Also I'll nuke you if you touch UT.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (isolation #10) » Mon May 03, 2021 7:33 am

Post by The Entity »

What specifically feels sketchy about it?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #620 (isolation #11) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:00 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 613, Vaxkiller wrote:-Isn't it obvious why we are voting? The post is just filler, but also "look im doing something"
-When prompted with your post, his "defense", if you will, for not being scum, is that the chances are higher that hes town? eh... Also, weird UT thought, hes got 1 post. (are they friends?)

Feels weird.
I mean, I think we're all just posturing around "look I'm doing something" right now at this phase of the game. I dunno that his is any more egregious than Pooky's shitposting, for example.

As to the second point... can you give an example (practical or theoretical) of what a town response to someone telling you to "Please be town" would look like?

(Re: UT, I would imagine it's because UT sometimes plays Warzone with me and DeathNote and thus doesn't want me to kill his only other friend in the game. Maybe not ONLY other friend, but there's an IRL camaraderie that I assume DN is trading on there.)
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #624 (isolation #12) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:08 am

Post by The Entity »

You don't count.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (isolation #13) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:08 am

Post by The Entity »

Also DN has no way of like uh, knowing that
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #632 (isolation #14) » Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 am

Post by The Entity »

I don't put much stock in meta, to answer your question, Vax. And my primary experience with DN comes from playing non-mafia things with him. The closest we'd get is Among Us, I think, or some traitor-mechanic board games, but not much mafia experience. I think he's a very eager, earnest player and is also very calm and collected under pressure.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1048 (isolation #15) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by The Entity »

I have just realized there are twenty new fucking pages. Jesus god.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1049 (isolation #16) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 761, SirCakez wrote:
[MCMAW SYSTEM] Attention Taskforce members, this is Command.

Cadet Merlot will be replacing overburdened Untrod Tripod.

Carry on soldiers.
fucking christ Fs in the chat for this game being worth my time
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1050 (isolation #17) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 845, Merlot wrote:okay holy fuck my hands are shaking and idk why i keep trying to drink caffeine but i feel like i’m dying
Holy fuck shut the fuck up why do you have to fucking post 900 fucking times in a row fucking stop holy fuck
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1051 (isolation #18) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by The Entity »

I'm going to fucking lose my goddamn mind on UT after this game for baiting me and Equinox into this bullshit.

Full disclosure, Equinox has read literally nothing. I told him he had to read this week but honestly I don't think I can in good faith tell him it's worth reading at this point and I care about his mental health so we'll probably just fuck it YOLO nuke someone (like Merlot) and just vibe
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1095 (isolation #19) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:01 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1058, Merlot wrote:
In post 1050, The Entity wrote:
In post 845, Merlot wrote:okay holy fuck my hands are shaking and idk why i keep trying to drink caffeine but i feel like i’m dying
Holy fuck shut the fuck up why do you have to fucking post 900 fucking times in a row fucking stop holy fuck
1) why did you quote this post specifically? it’s sandwiched between two “content” posts sans a small like, got to go sort of one because whether or not you think my content is meaningful when you pick out something like that i think that you’re trying to frame /all/ of it as useless when i was catching up — and even then while posting a lot in a row it takes up like, what, one page of posts in a row, two? it doesn’t even bring me close to meeting the people who have the most posts

2) why not just ask me to post less instead of jumping to the conclusion that you’re going to kill me? do you think i’m that unwilling to change how i play?

3) this feels like a bit like team mafia at the start when you were getting annoyed over posting style and throwing it out there to like... be cantankerous and in character, maybe is the way to put it? i don’t know if you feel a need to always project that in games but that’s where my head went
because it was the post that broke me after like 50 spamposts in a row
In post 1062, Prism wrote:As much as I dislike hyperposting meta (Ironic for people who know me) if your response to someone having fun is to tell them to shut the fuck up and launch into this condescending tirade about how much worse everything is for it, perhaps you are the one with the unhealthy mindset towards the game. There is not liking a style and finding it detrimental to your experience and there is being a gigantic prick about it.
i miss the days when shitposting wasn't someone's entire personality trait tbh
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1097 (isolation #20) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 am

Post by The Entity »

Equinox has promised to catch up but see we were going to play this as good cop bad cop where I'm angry and he is level-headed but it turns out he's also annoyed af at this game so instead we spent the morning sending each other :angery: emotes on Discord instead. I promise he'll catch up eventually. Maybe.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1098 (isolation #21) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 am

Post by The Entity »

Oh yeah and VOTE: mastina
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1099 (isolation #22) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 am

Post by The Entity »

we didn't get our troop choice so I'm big mad
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1415 (isolation #23) » Wed May 05, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 1121, marry wrote:
In post 1118, Merlot wrote:i’ll try to post less in the future, sorry
literally don't listen to The Entity, i think their posts @ you were mean, i really enjoy reading your posts and they make me more comfortable
oh no :(

we're.......mean
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1416 (isolation #24) » Wed May 05, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 1129, Prism wrote:It is unreasonable. Mastina is a human being and another player who has every much of a right to be here as either of us, and nothing she has done this game has suggested otherwise.

I don't have to like her or respect her play/philosophy on the game to believe this.

If you think I'm shitting the discussion from her being scum, then okay, but I absolutely take issue with this. Standing up for players right to be here and play the game should not be a point of debate and is not AI. This is disgusting to me on a moral level.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1421 (isolation #25) » Wed May 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 1283, marry wrote:Image
♬we coulda had it all
nuking in the deep♬
this is a quality shitpost, see, it's not hard to do

also marry is probably scum
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1425 (isolation #26) » Wed May 05, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 1341, Nexus wrote:Two things here:

1. FFIX is the best Final Fantasy. I will nuke anyone who disagrees.
2. I miss my mod powers.
i disagree OOPS

Anyway Equinox actually read the game and was like having thoughts but hasn't posted his thoughts so like I'm gonna let him handle that
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1427 (isolation #27) » Wed May 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 1395, Bell wrote:Okay, 1 I love/hate my job.
2. That's a lot of new pages.

VOTE: VFP
Oh no, I think someone beat Equinox to the punch.

I miss being a mod and seeing who alts are.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1428 (isolation #28) » Wed May 05, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by The Entity »

LLD is either town or scum that is currently in the running for town MVP so I'm not interested in a nuke or a lim on her.

mastina, VFP, marry are all yeets I'd consider today before things get spicy.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1440 (isolation #29) » Wed May 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by The Entity »

I don't really know if there's a point to posting my thoughts because the level of care I have for people reading this slot is near zero, but I was very politely asked. I've read nothing from before DEFCON 3. I'm sorry that Merlot and Prism replaced out on our account, especially since it seemed like they were eager to play. What I do want to point out is that the complaints from us about hyperposting have a practical reason, and it's that the game is nigh unplayable if I look away for a day and there's 20+ new pages. Forget rereading the game down the line after flips have happened. Whatever, I guess -- people want to have fun their way, and we're both crotchety boomers.

VFP gave me bad vibes with their behavior around Lady Lambdadelta pushing mastina.
Lady Lambdadelta strikes both of us as town, I guess.
PookyTheMagicalBear brought up an interesting point about samantha97 essentially voting for the opposite of what samantha97 said samantha97 wanted (i.e. avoiding NKs), which gives me pause; I don't know that scum would blatantly do that. Seems easier to just let someone else take the heat for being the first to vote against Total War.
gorilla and Nexus are probably town?
I've got mean, NAI things to say about Mognet, so I guess I'll have to read Prism's posts later.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1478 (isolation #30) » Wed May 05, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by The Entity »

i have a certain video that people could reference if they want to look up mastina scum games

but

meta is trash
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1603 (isolation #31) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:15 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1483, Et Al wrote:
In post 1415, The Entity wrote:we're.......mean
yup

you bullied one (possibly two) slots out of the game

-S
I mean to be frank if you consider telling someone to stop spamposting "bullying" then perhaps I'm not the one that needs a reality adjustment
It was one post. One time. Like ten words. To insinuate that one post had such power to get not one but two people to leave the game? Wow incredible, I truly am powerful I guess
In post 1502, Mognet wrote:
In post 1471, The Church of Skitter wrote:I'm starting to scumread Mognet, I actually have a really hard time believing that his contributions are coming from town because ever since he replaced in it feels like he has just stayed in the thread ever since and when I actually read his posts I feel like a lot of his contributions are being overplayed and faked. It really looks like he wants to look like town rather than just be town. I also feel like he's using this replace in to try to leave a good impression on people.

also kind of doesn't fly w/ me?
In post 1452, Mognet wrote:We can use this to validate if you are scum fear pushing Mastina or trying to replicate a “I always push Mastina” habit or an intentional bus or just you hate playing with Mastina enough it clouded your judgment.
Why would LLD fear mastina? I find it hard to believe that LLD as scum would fear anyone.
Why would she try to replicate a "I always push mastina" habit when she could be doing quite possibly anything else? An elim is an elim sure but I'm sure LLD has better options that she look for or create.
Also the "you just hate playing w/ mastina enough it clouded your judgment" seems really silly to me tbh.
Kupo what the fuck is this?
I replace in, poke people and get people to play mafia so I am scum?
Like getting reads or anything was pulling teeth.
And I can’t very well be leaving a good impression if I am not leaving a good impression like that entire paragraph is unintelligible word vomit Church Kupo.

If LLD is scum, then she would have reason to fear Mastina if LLD wants a game where no one is thinking. You’re picking at minutia to avoid the trees. The idea with that list was not to be an exclusive one but to say if/when LLD answers we can use it to sort her.
This is the first post that Mognet has made that has pinged town, but I feel like I may have a weakness for being sympathetic to people who seem like they're under attack for just, ykno, playing mafia

@SKITTERCHURCH:
If you said it somewhere I missed it, what're your reasons for thinking joz is probtown?
I'm really liking the energy that the Church hydra is bringing to the game, but I can't figure out if it's misplaced towards Mognet and is a case of seeing red due to playstyle and not because of actual scum motivations? A lot of Church's attacks on Mognet seem to be able to be boiled down to YOU'RE WRONG THEREFORE YOU'RE SCUM. Town are wrong too. Where's the scum *motivation* behind being wrong?
In post 1549, The Church of Skitter wrote:
NUKE: POOKYBEAR
I don't think you're allowed to fake nukes in this game.
In post 1550, Vaxkiller wrote:I don't like the progression of church on mognet culminating into them saying the will nuke them. I'm not sure if it's AI at the moment tho. It doesn't feel right tho. Need to think on this.
Vaxkiller is town. Progression feels town. Mindmelding with my thoughts on reading Church v Mognet. Don't think scum posts this and fence sits and openly says "I don't know". Feels genuine.
In post 1574, gorilla wrote:
In post 1570, The Church of Skitter wrote:also entity may just be scum lol
Now this is interesting
What I find interesting is how Equinox reads you as town when you post shit like *this*.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1604 (isolation #32) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:19 am

Post by The Entity »

Also my last post on the BAWWWWWW ENTITY IS MEAN topic and then I'm not gonna address it anymore, and it's a quote from Equinox:
what i fucking hate about the current meta is how people think it's okay to make shit completely unreadable "because it's fun"

And then when people get upset that the hyperposting has made the game nigh unreadable and a CHORE to get thru, everyone's like "don't be mean they're just having fun"
Only one type of fun allowed 'round these parts and that's the one where shit is unreadable and anybody who can't live on the internet 24 hours a day doesn't get to fucking participate
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1606 (isolation #33) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:21 am

Post by The Entity »

Well, you'll be happy to know that the other half of this hydra agrees with you because gorilla has been mindmelding with Equinox more often whereas I don't see it but Equinox has already stated that this is a "good enough for Day 1" type read and not a "I will die for this person" type read.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1614 (isolation #34) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:25 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1612, gorilla wrote:I remember liking Equinox. Not this game, just in general
Unfortunately, he's thrown his lot in with me this game. I warned him this would ruin his reputation.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1615 (isolation #35) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:26 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1607, The Church of Skitter wrote:okay but we're still nuking u tho @entity
Can you let someone with good reads hold the nuclear football, please? Bring Alisae back.
Unless you both want to nuke town in which case, have at us. We'll launch a counter nuke back at you on the way out the door, because fuck scumhunting, am I right?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1616 (isolation #36) » Thu May 06, 2021 5:29 am

Post by The Entity »

Here's where we're at, you know, as a unit rn. If you're unsorted it means in the 10 mins Equi/I spent giving quickfire gut reads on people we couldn't actually recall anything you've said or done

TOWN
Lady Lambdadelta
Vaxkiller
Nexus
gorilla
Koto
samantha97

EHHHH TOWN IG??
Cephrir
Bell
joqiza
DeathNote

NULL
Mognet
PookyTheMagicalBear
The Church of Skitter (Alisae/Menalque)

SCUM
VFP
Mastina
marry
T3

UNSORTED
Save the Dragons
Et Al (Skitter30/Something_Smart)
Toogeloo
Robert M Hunter
DeasVail
Titus
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1680 (isolation #37) » Thu May 06, 2021 6:56 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1624, T3 wrote:
In post 1616, The Entity wrote:Here's where we're at, you know, as a unit rn. If you're unsorted it means in the 10 mins Equi/I spent giving quickfire gut reads on people we couldn't actually recall anything you've said or done

TOWN
Lady Lambdadelta
Vaxkiller
Nexus
gorilla
Koto
samantha97

EHHHH TOWN IG??
Cephrir
Bell
joqiza
DeathNote

NULL
Mognet
PookyTheMagicalBear
The Church of Skitter (Alisae/Menalque)

SCUM
VFP
Mastina
marry
T3

UNSORTED
Save the Dragons
Et Al (Skitter30/Something_Smart)
Toogeloo
Robert M Hunter
DeasVail
Titus
Can you explain the Lady Lambadelta one?
As I said earlier already, LLD is either town or scum who is winning town MVP by getting us organized, so I'm more than willing to follow her lead.

@ALL CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE FUCKING NAVEL GAZING AND NOT LEAVE MASTINA AT L-1 AND JUST GET THIS OVER WITH
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1687 (isolation #38) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:04 am

Post by The Entity »

Note that ever since the pressure ramped up mastina disappeared wow amazing
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1699 (isolation #39) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:19 am

Post by The Entity »

IDK, Church kinda tried to start throwing shade in my direction. I feel like there have been pokes and prods elsewhere, just nothing with momentum. If Mastina is scum, it's because her buddies are in an awk position right now of having to decide whether to bus or go hard hard hard defensive mode counterwagon and ruin their chances of winning
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1701 (isolation #40) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:20 am

Post by The Entity »

I think more people are probably annoyed you're trying to play the game this hard in DEFCON 3 tbh
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1703 (isolation #41) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:23 am

Post by The Entity »

If that's your goal you are playing the wrong game, my friend. There's a lot of bloodshed in DEFCON, historically.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1705 (isolation #42) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:25 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 477, The Entity wrote:What a glorious day.

We are AMERICANS.

Mastina is A COMMIE BASTARD.

And other people did the trolling of voting against Total War before I had to.

GOD BLESS the US AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I mean, my first post in the game before LLD was even on her "lim mastina" kick was to say that mastina was probably scum.

I think you're just white-knighting her.

P.EDIT: You do understand that by the balance of the game, a lot of town are going to die, correct? This wagon/elimination is meaningless in the grand scheme of DEFCON. The second nukes are free it's gonna get real messy real fast. Maybe that's why you're doing all this hemming and hawwing about this, because it's the last chance you'll have to exert any control over the gamestate or posture or something? It's just weird to me. It's a Day 1 elimination. Who cares if mastina flips town or scum, really? We're just trying to get to the nukes.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1706 (isolation #43) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 am

Post by The Entity »

WHERE THE FUCK IS DEATHNOTE HE WOULD BE HAMMERING THE SHIT OUT OF MASTINA RIGHT NOW
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1707 (isolation #44) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 am

Post by The Entity »

I find samatha's absence from the wagon notable, as well.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1716 (isolation #45) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:41 am

Post by The Entity »

Why does someone flipping town make you want to look at their reads list, especially someone who is notoriously as foolhardy and wrong about their reads as mastina?

Like, I really hate that this somehow got misconstrued as yeeting mastina for playstyle and not because of her alignment... but let's even take a moment and engage as if it is 100% about her playstyle:
that is fine
. If Mastina is town, she will attempt to lead us all off the rails and into the chasm down below, all while refusing to engage with the game in a present manner. There are such things as "net negative" slots for town, or rather, there are mislims that actually benefit town.

However, I still think mastina is actually scum here.

The stuff she's throwing out as reasons for townreading people early on are completely forced. She tosses out a townread on LLD and Pooky for their pro-america shtick and all caps fanfare, knowing damn well that doesn't make someone more or less likely to be scum.

Read her posts. They are mostly engaging with conceptual ideas about mafia, or personal anecdotes... really, anything that isn't actually related to behavior in the current game at all? It's all meta and mafia theory, that's as close as she gets to engaging with the gamestate.

Otherwise it's just toss out an empty read based on nothing (or worse, based on appeals to meta authority), organize a readslist to look good, and create noise.

She's throwing out her own self-meta to defend herself as being town. (One, meta is trash so self-meta is even trashier trash; two, this self-meta isn't even accurate IMO. Two Team Mafias ago, when we caught scum mastina in the game, she was a fountain of bullshit content just being pumped out CONSTANTLY to clutter the game thread and appear helpful.)

I actually got tired of linking it. Just go read her iso. It's CONSTANT meta on others or self-meta, almost nothing about behavior IN THIS GAME anywhere. Because it allows mastina to pump out TONS of content that ultimately does nothing to help solve the gamestate but damn does it look like she's doing a lot right now.

p.edit: God Bless America.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1722 (isolation #46) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:44 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1720, Mognet wrote:Which means either lazy scum or Mastina is right
Man what a neat way you view mafia.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1726 (isolation #47) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:48 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1709, Mognet wrote:Before I posted people would have just nuked who they didn’t like as there was like nothing to go off of.
We have had four DEFCON Mafia games, and there has never been an instance of people nuking without content. Appreciate the narrative that you saved the game, though.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1729 (isolation #48) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:51 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1723, Mognet wrote:Why thank you. Oh and Mastina is autistic so what?

That means she thinks a little differently than neurotypical people.

Why do you judge her like an NT? She’s going to be quirky and that’s okay :)
This is one of the more insidious posts I've read on MS in a while so I'm going to step away now and let Equinox post so I don't get us both banned :3
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1730 (isolation #49) » Thu May 06, 2021 7:52 am

Post by The Entity »

I cannot speak for mastina or any other autistic people, but I feel like there's a line between advocacy and infantilization that you just crossed.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1757 (isolation #50) » Thu May 06, 2021 8:25 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1731, Mognet wrote:you arguing because she had a personal anecdote that she is autistic is slimy and I called that out. And I call that out every time.
This literally never fucking happened except in your mind. At no point did I mention "mastina is autistic because she had a personal anecdote". I never even mentioned autism. You did.
In post 1732, Mognet wrote:That was not meant as infantilizing my point is attack the play not the player.

The fact she told a personal anecdote should have had nothing to do with your read
I called out the behavior as scummy. Contributing noise to the thread. Posting just to post and not having game-related content. That is scummy.

It is scummy behavior. Am I not supposed to call that out? The PLAY is scummy. Substituting actual content for personal anecdotes is scummy and it's something mastina has done time and time again. (If I gave a shit about meta, I'd point out how, the time I caught her and posted the infamous video about mastina's scumplay, it was because she was doing exactly this same shit. But I don't.)

You basically went "Well it's okay she's autistic" as a way to hand-wave the entire case I posted against her. As if because she's autistic we need to play with kid gloves on and not call out scummy play when we see it.

Peak virtue signaling
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1758 (isolation #51) » Thu May 06, 2021 8:26 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 1750, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1746, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1739, Mognet wrote:Does anyone have beer in a gif?

I need to chill out because people should have at minimum evaluated why no counter wagon.
no I do not because I am a real american who believes in restoring the 18th amendment

but also people were pretty much set on mastina before votes were a thing, I think mafia resigned themselves to that if mastina was mafia
idk i honestly thought et al was going to be a big wagon today and i'm surprised it didn't materialize
Why?

And what was your read on Et Al?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1767 (isolation #52) » Thu May 06, 2021 8:32 am

Post by The Entity »

I'm going to need some hardcore convincing to not instantly turn Mognet into a radioactive crater at the earliest opportunity.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1785 (isolation #53) » Thu May 06, 2021 8:44 am

Post by The Entity »

If attacking someone over their behavior in a mafia game is damaging to someone's mental health might I suggest they not play mafia.

P.edit: I'll also point out -- yet again -- that I posted a very well-thought out and reasoned case including links to supporting posts by mastina to explain my actual scumread of her (while also arguing for why a mislim isn't always a bad thing). You, Mognet, decided to just hand-wave away the entirety of my post and instead make this all about defending mastina from people who would attack her for her autism, which is not even remotely what was happening.

From my POV, you're either being willfully obtuse to the point of being obstructionist, or you're too incensed at an attack that didn't happen to talk about the game itself right now. If it's the former, you might be scum. If it's the latter (which I actually suspect), might I recommend you take a breather?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1946 (isolation #54) » Sat May 08, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 1900, marry wrote:I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR also im american guys what are yall smoking...
CONGRATS i also bought a car today and I have been GOING ALL FUCKING DAY so I'm not braining at this tn
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1975 (isolation #55) » Sat May 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by The Entity »

Hey DN, your signature is dumb
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2111 (isolation #56) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:36 am

Post by The Entity »

VOTE: VFP
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2117 (isolation #57) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:00 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2114, Mognet wrote:
In post 2111, The Entity wrote:VOTE: VFP
Same issue as Titus dude.

Where’s your reasoning?

Why is this not a chainsaw of Marry?

I townread Marry to be fair but naked votes suck.
I want to unpack the many layers of shit going on with this post but I'm afraid we don't have time to unpack that can of worms, and about 99% of it would be me screaming mafia theory at you instead of anything game-related, so I won't.

VFP was already pretty high on our suspicion list yesterday, we both had gut pings off of their posts. I'm also still riding high off of being so goddamn right about mastina after you did your damndest to stop the wagon, so I don't particularly feel compelled to give you reasons or anything since last time I did, you just ignored them.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2127 (isolation #58) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2124, Bell wrote:
In post 2113, Titus wrote:I don't think VFP is a good vote here.
I'm getting deja vu. I think VFP is a good vote here. Why do you think he isn't?
Not to uh, throw too much salt around here because I agree with you, but to my knowledge none of us VFP voters have provided a case/reasoning as to why they are scum, so why is there an expectation that Titus would have to explain why they are town??
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2129 (isolation #59) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:44 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2126, Bell wrote:Mognet are you saying that VFP is scum and that the entity is scum with him or that Marry is scum, that the Entity is attacking VFP to save marry or what?
Mognet has no coherent point to make and is just navel-gazing at this point. They blatantly said they thought marry was town in the very post where they accused us of chainsaw defending marry by voting for VFP.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2131 (isolation #60) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 am

Post by The Entity »

Then that's fine, continue about your business.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2134 (isolation #61) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2132, Mognet wrote:If I see something that meets the definition of a scum tell it’s bad play not to poke it
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2135 (isolation #62) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 am

Post by The Entity »

...you do realize not every vote against someone else when there's a primary wagon is a chainsaw, right?

That's the internal logic you'd have to follow here to say that it's worth pushing us/investigating if we're scum with marry when you have a townread on marry.

Are you committing to that logic? Because if so, I'm about to go back and find every single instance in this very game alone where other people have done the exact same thing that we did (vote for their scumread when their scumread wasn't the leading wagon) and I'm going to ask you why you didn't give every single one of those people the third degree the same way you're doing right now.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2136 (isolation #63) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:54 am

Post by The Entity »

Also, for someone who wants to cite the wiki and outdated tells developed by someone who thought he was much better than he was at playing mafia, you sure do want to ignore the errata edited in by the author after the fact:

UPDATE: After further analysis, Tarhalindur has determined that the Chainsaw Defense is only trustworthy once the player defended has been revealed to be group scum (once the player defended is proved to be Mafia, any player that used Chainsaw Defense on the dead scum should be scrutinized). Otherwise, it is a null tell.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2142 (isolation #64) » Sun May 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by The Entity »

I think I'll refuse to elaborate on my vote just on principle at this point.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2176 (isolation #65) » Sun May 09, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by The Entity »

Personally I would still want to scumhunt off the wagon from y/day tbh but also FUCK THAT GIVE ME NUKES
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2195 (isolation #66) » Sun May 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 2177, Mognet wrote:
In post 2176, The Entity wrote:Personally I would still want to scumhunt off the wagon from y/day tbh but also FUCK THAT GIVE ME NUKES
Why are you so excited for nukes?

I have already demonstrated there are 9+ PRs out there.

We have already demonstrated most PRs are town oriented.

Therefore scum would want Nukes over play.

Why are you suggesting what scum would want?
Why can you not understand that people signed up to play a game in a series built around the batshittery of nuking people?

Why are you the fucking fun police?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2196 (isolation #67) » Sun May 09, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by The Entity »

I don't think Mognet is scum, for the record. I know I'm falling for a fallacy but... come on, guys.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2211 (isolation #68) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 2202, Mognet wrote:
In post 2195, The Entity wrote:
In post 2177, Mognet wrote:
In post 2176, The Entity wrote:Personally I would still want to scumhunt off the wagon from y/day tbh but also FUCK THAT GIVE ME NUKES
Why are you so excited for nukes?

I have already demonstrated there are 9+ PRs out there.

We have already demonstrated most PRs are town oriented.

Therefore scum would want Nukes over play.

Why are you suggesting what scum would want?
Why can you not understand that people signed up to play a game in a series built around the batshittery of nuking people?

Why are you the fucking fun police?
Because a good chunk of Americans (possibly the majority) are not nuke happy. You’re actively pushing a scum agenda.

The fastest way to get to the nukes you want is find scum and elim them.
Bro holy fucking shit
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2214 (isolation #69) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 2212, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Honestly I tried to hunt something I thought might be scummier but I can't deal with this shit in this game anymore.

I'm getting a seance from beyond the grave that pooky wants us to kill moogle fucker

vote:Mognet
Lexi there is no way this shit is scum, I'm sorry. If you just wanna YOLOyeet someone to get to nukes then fine but I do not believe Mognet is scum here.

Full disclosure I'm fairly sure Equinox would support a yeet on Mognet so you can appeal to him I guess.

I'm tempted to join the Mognet yeet for the sake of gamestate but I don't think it'll flip scum and I'll be honest the idea of only yeeting scum is v appealing to me after the righteous mastina thing yesterday
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2218 (isolation #70) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by The Entity »

I genuinely wish I was still a mod so I could figure out who the fuck Mognet is and be done with it. But whatever.

@Mognet.

You are not helping the town, despite how much you think you are.
Maybe you're scum. On the off-chane you're town, please.
I get where you are. You think you are being the most rational and that your logic is unassailable and therefore you should keep fighting the good fight against all us plebs who aren't willing to accept your gospel.

Here's the thing.
DEFCON has a long history on this site. Your assertion that the majority of people don't want to lolnuke is actually probably very far from the truth. The entire appeal of this brand of games is that you get to lolnuke people. It doesn't matter scum or town. Go read some of these previous games. Not for meta, but for reading the Elmo-Dancing-On-A-Toilet shitshows they become. That's the fun. That's the draw.

Here's the thing.
You're sitting here crying about people picking off "not friends". I don't even know how to begin to break down this site's dynamics, but you're flat out wrong.
LLD got into a death tunnel on me the last DEFCON despite us being "friends".
You're also ENTIRELY basing your overreaction on ONE post from DeathNote against T3? Like what the fuck?

Here's the thing.
In a game like this, people will empty vote and not really give a fuck.
If people were empty voting you without reason, yeah, I'd expect it. But it seems like you're just picking a bone with the empty votes to win some intellectual superiority race that only YOU are running.
Do... do you think the people throwing down empty votes are all unaware that... they're throwing down empty votes?
Or do you think every person that has done it is scum?
Because... at some point, you have to accept that unless literally every person who has transgressed you is scum, that you're throwing some undue shit at townies somewhere, here.

Here's the thing.
You pulled this same kind of wah wah grandstanding bullshit yesterday when we were on the one-way train to scumtown with the mastina wagon.
You completely ignored my well-reasoned case for why mastina was actually scum yesterday and decided to grandstand about autism instead of focusing on the game.
Nobody owes you anything. There are a few of us that will continue to try to win this game regardless of your roadblocks. I happen to believe you're town, but given the gamestate, I would wager there's a surging tide of townspeople who do NOT think your actions are coming from a town mindset.

I'm begging you -- as the king of egomania in many ways, please fucking step back and try to participate rather than be an antagonistic presence in the game.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2241 (isolation #71) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:36 am

Post by The Entity »

You reckon mastina's scum buddies would stick their neck out for her? mastina was a likely early elimination (or at minimum someone under a lot of heat) given the player list.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2248 (isolation #72) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:59 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2233, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: Nexus
Why?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2263 (isolation #73) » Mon May 10, 2021 5:29 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2001, SirCakez wrote:
[PUBLIC LEAK] PookyTheMagicalBear
Did we ever talk about what this is
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2276 (isolation #74) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:06 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2274, Koto wrote:About replacement.
There is a difference between telling someone, that he is cocky (or whatever was your problem with him), and that some of his reads are bad/ invalid
versus
saying he is a piece of shit who should die, or quoting his posts and commenting how fucking retarded they are.

You
are retarded pieces of shit. That is not how you should behave to people who are trying to help you.
So how about... don't do this
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2277 (isolation #75) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:09 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2222, T3 wrote:Entity and Church town.
Bell strong town.
marry and joq town.
Toogeloo town.
Can you elaborate on your Toogeloo read?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2356 (isolation #76) » Mon May 10, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 2344, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2248, The Entity wrote:
In post 2233, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: Nexus
Why?
Out of the wagons going right now, Nexus feels the most likely to flip scum. While the others have points in their favour that I feel make them town, Nexus has just been... there. I don't confidently believe him to be scum, but it's the sort of situation where I feel like that's possible, whereas I am less convinced by the other wagons.
I would consider a VFP vote maybe though.
So less "I have reasons to scumread Nexus" and more "I have reasons to townread people other than Nexus"?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2446 (isolation #77) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by The Entity »

This game continues to be a fucking blight on humanity.

VOTE: Robert

Fucking done with this shit.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2447 (isolation #78) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by The Entity »

Equinox promised to go back and reread the mastina wagon but he didn't so I'm not going to either.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2478 (isolation #79) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:40 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2474, Titus wrote:Someone asked me for a Nexus case.

Show me Nexus hunting scum. I'll wait.

It's not the most rock solid case but it's good enough for now.
Titus this could apply to like half the fucking game at this point
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2479 (isolation #80) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:42 am

Post by The Entity »

Equinox and I both have Nexus as vaguely town-ish for reasons that aren't strong enough to actually defend him from a wagon but at the same time "he isn't scumhunting" is very weak and bad, which is fine, but the level of commitment to the wagon doesn't exactly match the fervor of the case.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2483 (isolation #81) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:01 am

Post by The Entity »

Why do you think a bussing scum is likely to exhibit this behavior, but non-bussing scum isn't?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2494 (isolation #82) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:35 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2492, marry wrote:
In post 2491, DeathNote wrote:
In post 2490, marry wrote:also someone said it already but i agree with the fact that VFP, nexus, and robert will all likely just. be nuked. daystart tomorrow??? so does it truly matter who goes over today
I'm so ready. I wanna I wanna I wanna
people can start calling shots at this point. whos nuking who. lets be efficient about this
Efficiency? in MY nuclear holocaust? no thank you
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2520 (isolation #83) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:10 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2500, gorilla wrote:
In post 2479, The Entity wrote:Equinox and I both have Nexus as vaguely town-ish for reasons that aren't strong enough to actually defend him from a wagon but at the same time "he isn't scumhunting" is very weak and bad, which is fine, but the level of commitment to the wagon doesn't exactly match the fervor of the case.
I would kind of agree with that sentiment but at the same time do you really think robert is more likely to flip scum?
Robert has rolled over and given up under the slightest pressure, I could absolutely see scum just imploding here.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2550 (isolation #84) » Tue May 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 2533, The Church of Skitter wrote:The Entity (Equinox/xRECKONERx) - I think I'll just naturally townread anything Equinox posts because it looks like they're trying to solve so I'll also just naturally overlook whatever Reck is doing. Ya I think this is town I have no idea what fucking Kool-Aid Mena is on w/ this one. Actually I really need Mena back tbh the guy went MIA on me
Can you elaborate on this? Which posts do you feel are solve-y?
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2559 (isolation #85) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by The Entity »

In post 2551, The Church of Skitter wrote:
In post 2550, The Entity wrote:
In post 2533, The Church of Skitter wrote:The Entity (Equinox/xRECKONERx) - I think I'll just naturally townread anything Equinox posts because it looks like they're trying to solve so I'll also just naturally overlook whatever Reck is doing. Ya I think this is town I have no idea what fucking Kool-Aid Mena is on w/ this one. Actually I really need Mena back tbh the guy went MIA on me
Can you elaborate on this? Which posts do you feel are solve-y?
I like the bigger posts
I have some spoiler alerts about your take on who is doing the bigposting then :)
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2564 (isolation #86) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by The Entity »

Yeah I feel that. Both of us agree that Church is sitting in a really fucking weird spot for us and we're not sure what it means.
The Entity
The Entity
Townie
The Entity
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2580 (isolation #87) » Wed May 12, 2021 2:59 am

Post by The Entity »

In post 2565, Cephrir wrote:Oh no I dont want the entity to be scum :(
Don't worry, we're not.
The Entity
The Entity