Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

VOTE: not_mafia

I have lukewarm leaning scum and Norwegian leaning town.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

UNVOTE:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 148, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 137, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 102, Lukewarm wrote:I have reconsidered, and I think I am on now leaning towards voting from within the 6 player neighborhood now.

I think I have come to the conclusion that shooting in the 6p neighborhood is better even if we miss Day 1

If we hit the 6p mafia:
Day 1 - Town wins automatically
Day 2 - Town gains 2 confirmed town for Day 3

If we hit the 3p mafia
Day 1 - Town gains 1 Confirmed town for Day 2
Day 2 - Town gains nothing

There is just a much higher reward for hunting within the 6p Mafia
If we vote wrong the mafia kill likely lands in the group of 6, making it easier to figure out

I actually agree that getting out the 3-person hood mafia today makes the game harder than miseliming in the 6 person hood
Going to try to not respond to every single one of these but this stance is absurd
Why?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 143, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 39, Lukewarm wrote:My gut reaction to this set up, is that it makes more sense to eliminate from the 3 person neighborhood, unless someone from the 6 person neighborhood really stands out as a scum read.
We did the math last game on killing into the different pools and there was something like a 4% increase in win rate by going small pool first, practically I think it is even better because it ensures one mafia dead at some point in the game, which I think is a lot more valuable than the zero value that an assumption of random killing attributes to it.

But last game the scummiest person was the scum in the big pool and we just killed them D1 for an easy game.
So I looked back at the last game.

It is interesting that you site back that the math was done in the last game, without acknowledging that Bingle was the one that did the math, and that he was town that game, and that he also concluded that it was still better to shoot in the 6P pool.

I have been informed by a monkey that I should treat Bingle's mechanical talk as gospel, regardless of his alignment, but here I can clearly see that ConfirmedTown Bingle made the case that shooting from the 6P pool first is the better strategy.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Thank you Lukewarm.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If anyone is interested in the math, but does not want to look back at the last game, here is a summary of what I saw from Bingle's iso last game.

The math Vandercamp is talking about was based on if we shoot completely at random with every single elimination. If that is the case, we get a 44% chance of winning by starting from the 3p pool, compared to a 40% chance of starting with the 6p.

However, Bingle also said that we gain a lot more information starting from the 6p pool, which should mean we stop shooting at random sooner, therefore making up the small difference between the fully random winrates.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If anyone is interested in the math, but does not want to look back at the last game, here is a summary of what I saw from Bingle's iso last game.

The math Vandercamp is talking about was based on if we shoot completely at random with every single elimination. If that is the case, we get a 44% chance of winning by starting from the 3p pool, compared to a 40% chance of starting with the 6p.

However, Bingle also said that we gain a lot more information starting from the 6p pool, which should mean we stop shooting at random sooner, therefore making up the small difference between the fully random winrates.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I feel like N_M is more scummy than Bingle atm. Though my read on Bingle is far from as strong as i’d like it to be.
Though i’m never voting either of Bingle/N_M today.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I still get this paranoid feeling that Bingle could have looked at me as someone he can convince and therefore put me in a hood with him.

- Bunno
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 3:38 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 147, Vanderscamp wrote:I also think n_m is the scummiest person in the small pool so far for a pretty similar reason, I'm pretty sure he's posted more times so far this game than in the entire game we just played together, and if I thought he was tabled from contention today I would be very far from kind of glad about it.
In post 150, Vanderscamp wrote:I have lukewarm leaning scum and Norwegian leaning town.
do u have any fresh takes :?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 147, Vanderscamp wrote: I really dislike the last line (and not just because I dislike the notion of refusing to vote into the 3p pool)

I also think n_m is the scummiest person in the small pool so far for a pretty similar reason, I'm pretty sure he's posted more times so far this game than in the entire game we just played together, and if I thought he was tabled from contention today I would be very far from kind of glad about it.
can you be explicit/clarify for me your thought process here:

are you saying that you think Lukewarm is scum with N_M, and is cheekily using the "vote in the 6pool" logic to distance from his buddy while claiming he's glad he doesn't actually have to vote there? Do you really think that's a likely comment to come from scum!Lukewarm paired with scum!N_M - I think scum are usually pretty self-conscious about talking about their buddy, I generally don't think they're likely to say "I'm glad I don't have to vote there today". If he's going to distance from his buddy, why would he not take a more strong stance? what scum agenda did his post actually serve here?

I find the alternate explanation - that town!Lukewarm feels N_M is a hard slot to effectively sort and is somewhat relieved he doesn't have to correctly evaluate him today - to be a lot more natural and likely. It kinda feels to me like you found a convenient reason to shade Lukewarm ("he says he's 'kind of glad' he might not vote his scumread, that doesn't sound like a townie thing to say!!") rather than you're actually thinking about how and whether his posts indicate his alignment. Not to mention the odds of a NM/Lukewarm team are generally low in a vacuum, so tying them together in this way is always going to be specious reasoning.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 5:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

as an addendum to the above, I could vibe with your sentiment more if you are saying the comment from Lukewarm is scummy in the town!N_M world. But given that you're voting NM and claimed him as your strongest scumread, I don't see how that comment from Lukewarm pings you as partner-y. I would think it's better evidence for potential T-S alignment than shared S-S alignment.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

None of GL’s reads feel sincere to me
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 61, GuiltyLion wrote:oh lmao you're right, I read that the setup was Mountainous and assumed that meant no NKs for some reason

fully disregard that point then
@N_M do you think this is a staged towntell or genuine?

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 163, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 61, GuiltyLion wrote:oh lmao you're right, I read that the setup was Mountainous and assumed that meant no NKs for some reason

I think I would like the answer to this question from you and bingle as well.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

That does look genuine tbf
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Bingle »

Hoppy, when did you talk to FL about norwee?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 164, Lukewarm wrote:

Full NAI.

I think mountainous->night less is a term replacement equally likely to be misread as town and scum.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 167, Bingle wrote:
In post 164, Lukewarm wrote:

Full NAI.

I think mountainous->night less is a term replacement equally likely to be misread as town and scum.
Do you think the same when considering that scum would get a lot of time beforehand to think about the setup and how they are to plan out the neighborhoods/the game?

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Norwee, how do you feel about it? Staged towntell or genuine?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Genuine.

- Bunno
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

There was something interesting with GL that happened in the Neighborhood as well. He devised a plan to trick the mafia in the 3p neighborhood, but someone had to tell him that mafia had daytalk. Which he said he had not realized.
So he either really misunderstood what mafia could do in this game. Or he bluffed twice, in both chats, about different mechanics.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

GL is very likely town.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I feel like Lukewarm is town, but i’m also hesitant to townread because i don’t know how good they are as scum.

- Bunno
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 168, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Do you think the same when considering that scum would get a lot of time beforehand to think about the setup and how they are to plan out the neighborhoods/the game?
Fair point. I hadn't considered the intersection of planning NK's and neighborhoods in the context of that post.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”