Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Bingle »

He does not. He's electing to not partake in the hypoclaiming innos on the grounds that he thinks he found the babysitter and is announcing you as his main scumread. Or he's attempting to throw mud into the water that was fucked up by people not understanding my directions clearly. Or he's crumbing Babysitter to me. Or he picked up on a signal I sent to him that I'm the real psychologist. Or he's trying to pocket me into thinking he's acknowledging a signal I sent him and he's secretly scum playing on a level I haven't anticipated from him, which is nominally possible but not supported by prior experience.

Basically, 5D chess and not worth a CC if someone else is actually a psychologist, specifically because this is A50 we're talking about.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 925, Bingle wrote:He does not. He's electing to not partake in the hypoclaiming innos on the grounds that he thinks he found the babysitter and is announcing you as his main scumread. Or he's attempting to throw mud into the water that was fucked up by people not understanding my directions clearly. Or he's crumbing Babysitter to me. Or he picked up on a signal I sent to him that I'm the real psychologist. Or he's trying to pocket me into thinking he's acknowledging a signal I sent him and he's secretly scum playing on a level I haven't anticipated from him, which is nominally possible but not supported by prior experience.

Basically, 5D chess and not worth a CC if someone else is actually a psychologist, specifically because this is A50 we're talking about.
In post 848, Almost50 wrote:Still waiting on Pine & Gypyx to report in, but I kinda think my guilty is actually on the Babysitter, so I will announce a hypothetical guilty on T3 instead. ;)

I am so confused :dead: :dead: :dead:
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 926, Lukewarm wrote:I am so confused
Yeah... That's pretty normal for trying to read A50.

Your options are get into a relationship where you try to outguess how deep the other one is playing which ends up making you very compatible when you're both town and have an escalation of arms trying to outguess each other when you're not or to assume he's lying regardless of alignment and read him solely on results.

Honestly, effort for effect, the second is probably the wiser choice. I just like the mind games aspect of our relationship too much.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 927, Bingle wrote:
In post 926, Lukewarm wrote:I am so confused
Yeah... That's pretty normal for trying to read A50.
I wasn't confused until your post, but now my head hurts
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 925, Bingle wrote:He does not. He's electing to not partake in the hypoclaiming innos on the grounds that he thinks he found the babysitter and is announcing you as his main scumread. Or he's attempting to throw mud into the water that was fucked up by people not understanding my directions clearly. Or he's crumbing Babysitter to me. Or he picked up on a signal I sent to him that I'm the real psychologist. Or he's trying to pocket me into thinking he's acknowledging a signal I sent him and he's secretly scum playing on a level I haven't anticipated from him, which is nominally possible but not supported by prior experience.

Because you seem concerned about people CCing his psychologist claim. But also state that you tried to signal to him that you were psychologist (I actually thought I saw something to indicate that in your earlier post, but then assumed I was wrong because you appeared to believe A50.) But... if you really were the psychologist signaling to Almost50, you would not have any worry about a CC happening.

So you were town, but not psychologist, and sent a fake sign to Almost50 to tell him you are psychologist, who in response, openly claimed to be the psychologist, but you don't think that that is actually true either, and are now worried that the real psychologists might out themselves over the 5d chess the two of you are playing?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 926, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 848, Almost50 wrote:Still waiting on Pine & Gypyx to report in, but I kinda think my guilty is actually on the Babysitter, so I will announce a hypothetical guilty on T3 instead. ;)
I don't know how you could get confused reading the quoted post. It clearly says "I have a guilty, but I think it might be a fake guilty on the actual babysitter. So INSTEAD (of declaring my check target) I decided to claim a HYPOTHETICAL guilty on T3". I do NOT have a guilty on T3. I did not target T3. I targeted someone else and I'm not exposing them today. Ask me again tomorrow -if I'm still alive- and I might give you a better explanation.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 929, Lukewarm wrote:

Because you seem concerned about people CCing his psychologist claim. But also state that you tried to signal to him that you were psychologist (I actually thought I saw something to indicate that in your earlier post, but then assumed I was wrong because you appeared to believe A50.) But... if you really were the psychologist signaling to Almost50, you would not have any worry about a CC happening.

So you were town, but not psychologist, and sent a fake sign to Almost50 to tell him you are psychologist, who in response, openly claimed to be the psychologist, but you don't think that that is actually true either, and are now worried that the real psychologists might out themselves over the 5d chess the two of you are playing?
Let me try to simplify things for you: I am either the Psychologist; and I'm playing some trick that Bingle has picked on and providing cover for it... OR I'm not the Psychologist and STILL playing a trick that Bingle has picked on and helping me drive it home. Whether Bingle is the true Psychologist in the second scenario is irrelevant, because if the first scenario is true then he is actually trying to help me still by pretending to be the Psychologist.

I want to say something else, but it could still confuse you, so I'll add it in a separate post

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

What I wanted to add is many of you are way to easy to be manipulated by scum. Like, Luke's string of responses make it 100% clear he's not the Psychologist. I could add more about many others where I can point out X, Y & Z are not this role, A,B & C are not that one, and so on, and if I was Scum I'd probably have managed to guess all 3 PRs by now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Now, let me go one step further in demonstrating "my plan":

Proposition 1: I am the Psychologist, and I received a "guilty" on someone. I am choosing to not out it and will re-check the same target tonight. Of still get a guilty that's the BABYSITTER, because -as per Bingle's theoretical best-strategy post on D1, the 2nd Mafia should now do the kill. meaning I should get a clear on them tonight. If I do get a clear I announce them and we 100% caught SCUM.

Proposition 2: I am not the Psychologist. I am just trying to either draw the NK, or I am trying to get the Mafia to think proposition #1 is true and go the route I suggested, leaving one member exposed to a check by the real Psychologist.

It's WIFOM. Do they shoot me? Do they RB me? Or do they ignore me? Am I the Psychologist? Am I actually the Alien trying to bait the NK because I know the Babysitter is protecting me? Or am I the Babysitter playing it risky and hoping Scum think I'm the Psychologist so they leave me alone. OR.. maybe I'm none of the above?? Just maybe.. :P

NOW you are justified to be totally confused :lol:

Welcome to A50 101

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

A50 is so town
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:27 pm

the wilder the shit he spews into the thread the more dashingly town he is

i have no idea if I should nightkill him or not and I don't even have a nightkill
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 930, Almost50 wrote:
I don't know how you could get confused reading the quoted post. It clearly says "I have a guilty, but I think it might be a fake guilty on the actual babysitter. So INSTEAD (of declaring my check target) I decided to claim a HYPOTHETICAL guilty on T3". I do NOT have a guilty on T3. I did not target T3. I targeted someone else and I'm not exposing them today. Ask me again tomorrow -if I'm still alive- and I might give you a better explanation.
I was not confused by you. I was confused by Bingle :dead:
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

But I am good now.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 931, Almost50 wrote:
In post 929, Lukewarm wrote:

Let me try to simplify things for you: I am either the Psychologist; and I'm playing some trick that Bingle has picked on and providing cover for it... OR I'm not the Psychologist and STILL playing a trick that Bingle has picked on and helping me drive it home. Whether Bingle is the true Psychologist in the second scenario is irrelevant, because if the first scenario is true then he is actually trying to help me still by pretending to be the Psychologist.

I want to say something else, but it could still confuse you, so I'll add it in a separate post
]

Lol you do the same thing I do as scum in voice mafia
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 933, Almost50 wrote:Now, let me go one step further in demonstrating "my plan":

Proposition 1: I am the Psychologist, and I received a "guilty" on someone. I am choosing to not out it and will re-check the same target tonight. Of still get a guilty that's the BABYSITTER, because -as per Bingle's theoretical best-strategy post on D1, the 2nd Mafia should now do the kill. meaning I should get a clear on them tonight. If I do get a clear I announce them and we 100% caught SCUM.

Proposition 2: I am not the Psychologist. I am just trying to either draw the NK, or I am trying to get the Mafia to think proposition #1 is true and go the route I suggested, leaving one member exposed to a check by the real Psychologist.

It's WIFOM. Do they shoot me? Do they RB me? Or do they ignore me? Am I the Psychologist? Am I actually the Alien trying to bait the NK because I know the Babysitter is protecting me? Or am I the Babysitter playing it risky and hoping Scum think I'm the Psychologist so they leave me alone. OR.. maybe I'm none of the above?? Just maybe.. :P

NOW you are justified to be totally confused :lol:

Welcome to A50 101
Yes. Now I will ask you do you think that mafia would have done that? Do you think that mafia would kill Dann just for Pooky to blame it on Luke for possible wifom? Do you think there is a world where the kill was proposed in reads done by Drap? I got a hypothetical guilty on T3 as well.

You are sheeping me. So you are following me; following someone who have gave out guidelines, being it self conscious to me and maybe anyone else who may find it helpful.

This whole conversation is wifom by itself. You are doing this to direct town into misplay. Directing town in an unorganized misrepresentation of your own reads. Looking back at your older games, I seen this happened with you flipping scum. Showing that resembling criteria can match this game as well. or Can it not? We don't know until the game is done and roles are revealed.

You could be talking in scum PT now. Could you? Now that was a self conscious thought of you realizing Encryptor a role that enables day chat for scum is now dead. All because of town hopping on the wagon I seemed to believe that was town. Did you ever come to a realization that Drap was true scum? or scum that never wanted to play to their full extent. Or just plain scum. Scum with you and pooky. Maybe, maybe not.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 936, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 930, Almost50 wrote:
I was not confused by you. I was confused by Bingle :dead:

I thought Bingle's post made sense. What was confusing about it?
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 935, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the wilder the shit he spews into the thread the more dashingly town he is

i have no idea if I should nightkill him or not and I don't even have a nightkill
The fact you could be saying this as scum is weird.

I remember once I got townread by the whole town for spewing wild shit as scum. It was a satisfying experience say to the least.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 pm

yea but a50's scum meta is to pretend to be a tree
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 942, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:yea but a50's scum meta is to pretend to be a tree

Hey pooky I have a question for you
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 942, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:yea but a50's scum meta is to pretend to be a tree
It's because someone once told me trees are GREEN, and I fell for it. :P

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 pm

In post 943, GrandpaMo wrote:Hey pooky I have a question for you
sup
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 940, GrandpaMo wrote:I thought Bingle's post made sense. What was confusing about it?
Because I did not understand the argument on why the real psychologist would not CC Almost 50 if he was fake claiming.

And I am 100% the psychologist, and I was debating counter claiming A50, and wanted to know why I shouldn't. But now I know I shouldn't (for some reason I still don't quite understand), so I am not counter claiming him, and so I won't be claiming psychologist today.

Spoiler:
In post 932, Almost50 wrote:What I wanted to add is many of you are way to easy to be manipulated by scum. Like, Luke's string of responses make it 100% clear he's not the Psychologist.
Am I doing this right now Almost 50? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 946, Lukewarm wrote:Am I doing this right now Almost 50?
Yes. Much better. :lol:

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:34 pm

how did we get from hypo-claiming to counter-hypo-claiming

what is this madness
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 946, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 940, GrandpaMo wrote:I thought Bingle's post made sense. What was confusing about it?
Because I did not understand the argument on why the real psychologist would not CC Almost 50 if he was fake claiming.

And I am 100% the psychologist, and I was debating counter claiming A50, and wanted to know why I shouldn't. But now I know I shouldn't (for some reason I still don't quite understand), so I am not counter claiming him, and so I won't be claiming psychologist today.

Spoiler:
In post 932, Almost50 wrote:What I wanted to add is many of you are way to easy to be manipulated by scum. Like, Luke's string of responses make it 100% clear he's not the Psychologist.
Am I doing this right now Almost 50? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think you are just scum. Outright scum for wanting to counter claim then retracting.

I will take your spot and be claiming psychologist and I have innocent on VFP.

Return to “Completed Open Games”