he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1045, Briar wrote:
In post 1041, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1034, Briar wrote:Okay, so my strategy is basically I think we should just like, let the three of us at the Keep throw around our reads a bit and then hammer in there; I am almost positive Infinity is scum, but on the off chance Ana is being a rapscallion playing in her silly ways I don't want to freeze out Infinity entirely; that and she has to try and to like, do /something/ unless she's just not going to post at all and concede the point to town to avoid associatives.
Infinity is confirmed scum because absinthe is confirmed town at the keep
Look, you don't know Ana. She's a real trickster. An imp. Prone to the most chaotic of moves you've ever seen. She'll do something you'll never expect as scum just because she can. Because she wants to. For the thrill of a good gambit. There's nothing that could tame that wild spirit within her that just wants to see the world burn down and I am the only person here armed with a fire hose ready to extinguish it if she's on a path of destruction.
Oh. I see, you think ana is scum and infinity and absinthe are both town who were swapped around.

I find Infinity being town unlikely
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

Spoiler:
It's because him/infinity got fucked and didn't wanna make any forced movements as the onus is on scum if there's two in a minigame
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Anastasia »

Dunn why did you hammer Wall?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

Scum were afraid of moving but had to
Stop
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by catboi »

Dunn's jump to the wall was weird but I don't see why he'd choose to put himself in a place with two people who already suspected him as scum
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1048, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1025, Something_Smart wrote:Dunn can you explain why you went Wall without consulting anyone?
Because you wanted infinity at the wall, and from my point of view there was very likely 1-2 scum between the two of you

So I forced both S_S and Infinity into the keep to see what would happen. The result is that there was already 1 scum in the wall, and likely the last 2 in the keep
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

Actually that thought is slightly incorrect

Scum were
afraid
of needing to move, but because Infinity was the least, they had to dump her somewhere. It was a lose/lose situation where I think Dunn cut his losses
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1049, catboi wrote:
In post 1038, Briar wrote:I'm going to reread catboi/S_S, because I had it the other way around versus Ana yesterday and with the switch happening as it did I feel even more confident in like... trying to collaborate and listen.
Can you explain why? You kept saying you thought I might be scum yesterday but it never really went beyond "not towny enough" and "reacted to me moving funny"
Mmm. I really just didn't like the way you responded to how I was behaving, honestly? It doesn't make sense to me for you to have that sort of reaction -- like, I dunno, you can just... challenge me yourself if you're town? Like, it felt emotionally out of place more than anything, disconnected from what you could have done. And in general I'm gonna be real, I can't remember much else you did beyond that but that's generally a sign to me that scum is like, either failing to keep up or is making content up that's passable.

But, knowing that you are a good scum player, I think I should give you some benefit that you could do more than passable; in the moment, my read is also somewhat anchored on the fact that you're fighting S_S who I thought was town yesterday which makes me wanna hunker down and just throw you out right now.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Anastasia »

if Unwnd/Luke are both town then he needs to jump on the wall to prevent an auto-lose
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1059, Anastasia wrote:if Unwnd/Luke are both town then he needs to jump on the wall to prevent an auto-lose
Thank you for writing that more succinctly than my dumbass could
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1051, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1045, Briar wrote:
In post 1041, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1034, Briar wrote:Okay, so my strategy is basically I think we should just like, let the three of us at the Keep throw around our reads a bit and then hammer in there; I am almost positive Infinity is scum, but on the off chance Ana is being a rapscallion playing in her silly ways I don't want to freeze out Infinity entirely; that and she has to try and to like, do /something/ unless she's just not going to post at all and concede the point to town to avoid associatives.
Infinity is confirmed scum because absinthe is confirmed town at the keep
Look, you don't know Ana. She's a real trickster. An imp. Prone to the most chaotic of moves you've ever seen. She'll do something you'll never expect as scum just because she can. Because she wants to. For the thrill of a good gambit. There's nothing that could tame that wild spirit within her that just wants to see the world burn down and I am the only person here armed with a fire hose ready to extinguish it if she's on a path of destruction.
Oh. I see, you think ana is scum and infinity and absinthe are both town who were swapped around.

I find Infinity being town unlikely
...no, I think Ana is town in this situation but I also know and respect her, mainly. Enough to where I think there is a world where scum!Ana toys with us and does whatever she did for the hell of it to try and wrap around the votes on her. But this world exists like, 1/100 times IMO. It's just accountability.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Anastasia »

the town motivation he should've said was because he townread luke/unwnd and he wanted to go for the auto-win but he didn't say that :<
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 851, catboi wrote:unwnd's read on something_smart almost feels like he's trying to tie them together, almost, in the way it's being presented.
well I really liked this read and thought it was right. so that's fun
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Briar »

I really wonder who Infinity is going to try to peg as scum between the two of us.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1062, Anastasia wrote:the town motivation he should've said was because he townread luke/unwnd and he wanted to go for the auto-win but he didn't say that :<
I didn't say that because it's not true. I thought that there was 1 scum between unwnd/luke already.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

I don't expect Infinity to post at all at this point for anti-spew purposes
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Anastasia »

I'm pretty sure infinity has given up on this game to come here
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Briar »

RIP. I'll miss her.
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1065, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1062, Anastasia wrote:the town motivation he should've said was because he townread luke/unwnd and he wanted to go for the auto-win but he didn't say that :<
I didn't say that because it's not true. I thought that there was 1 scum between unwnd/luke already.
oh I see.

ok
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by unwnd »

Catboi what's your read on me now?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Briar »

Dunnstral I love you for having short ISOs.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm

In post 1059, Anastasia wrote:if Unwnd/Luke are both town then he needs to jump on the wall to prevent an auto-lose
how so
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

This is untrue, as Infinity would have went to the wall otherwise
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 1073, Dunnstral wrote:This is untrue, as Infinity would have went to the wall otherwise
That is also untrue, because wouldn't scum want their strongest member at the Wall because they need to win it?

Return to “Completed Open Games”