Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1095, unwnd wrote:
In post 1089, Marashu wrote:
In post 1083, unwnd wrote:@Mod

Does the thread lock if a minigame is hammered? Or do we just keep going
I'll lock the thread very briefly to resolve the hammer, then discussion can continue.
Alright so popcorn

I want to hear people which group should be flipped first
keep > gate > wall, descending order of best odds.

Although if we wanna get fancy we do keep > IC calls for a crossvote at the wall > then we can choose either gate or wall
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 206, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 203, Anastasia wrote:
In post 126, Something_Smart wrote:okay the anime avis are starting to get to me ngl
This is ironic because your avatar is also anime <3
Wow am I really alone as a non-anime avi? >.<
In post 1087, Briar wrote:I don't wanna say this game could be that easy because it is, in fact, never that easy. But is the simple answer that Dunn hopped in that group to avoid auto-lose and we should just not waste our time here?

This game seems pretty bleak for scum.

p-edit: Have you explained the 'weird' parts of Luke, and if not can you, Dunn? I had him as town, albeit not absinthe/Ana levels.
He focuses too much on the keep. Specifically, he is seeing if, were briar to be swapped out, he could finangle a victory based on existing suspicions of aAnastasia.

He doesn't seem to acknowledge infinity or S_S, except for what looks like a gambit where infinity mentions there being no other non-anime avatars
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1096, catboi wrote:
In post 1058, Briar wrote:
In post 1049, catboi wrote:
In post 1038, Briar wrote:I'm going to reread catboi/S_S, because I had it the other way around versus Ana yesterday and with the switch happening as it did I feel even more confident in like... trying to collaborate and listen.
Can you explain why? You kept saying you thought I might be scum yesterday but it never really went beyond "not towny enough" and "reacted to me moving funny"
Mmm. I really just didn't like the way you responded to how I was behaving, honestly? It doesn't make sense to me for you to have that sort of reaction -- like, I dunno, you can just... challenge me yourself if you're town? Like, it felt emotionally out of place more than anything, disconnected from what you could have done. And in general I'm gonna be real, I can't remember much else you did beyond that but that's generally a sign to me that scum is like, either failing to keep up or is making content up that's passable.

But, knowing that you are a good scum player, I think I should give you some benefit that you could do more than passable; in the moment, my read is also somewhat anchored on the fact that you're fighting S_S who I thought was town yesterday which makes me wanna hunker down and just throw you out right now.
I don't understand whaat you mean. By "challenge you" do you mean go to the keep myself? Because I didn't think you were automatically scum for it, I just didn't understand wat you were doing and was...a little frustrated I guess because I'd had a plan for how I wanted to do things and you disrupted it before I had a chance to post. So everything in my reaction after was trying to understand why you did it because I wasn'tgoing to assume you wer town, I wanted to question you to figure out if what you were doing made sense. And ultimately I concluded that I didn't see scum motivation in your play. But it feels like you're hung up on the severity of that initial reaction and, uh, maybe a little upset by it and looking at things objectively? Because I have no idea how you'd categorize me as "less memorable" than something_smart, really.

And, uh, thank for the compliment but I don't think I'm
that
good considering my recent games. (also this narrows your identity down to a few people but none of them seem to quite fit >_>)
Okay, so, for me I scumread that frustration; my assumption was that it was more the sort of frustration that comes from scum who's pissed off frankly that town has jumped the gun and has suddenly limited the options for scum to weasel in. This also compounded with the fact that I believe you were later to get into things, even just by a little bit, and lost an important moment that comes with the very beginning of games.

I wasn't upset by it and I don't think I'm hung up; frankly it was the scummiest thing that I could recall from D1. I was townreading Ana/absinthe hard, Luke/Unwnd/S_S to varying degrees, leaving you/Dunn/Infinity as the three and with you having the singular Thing that was like, the worst to me. Maybe I was being too harsh on that when it was happening because it was easy to latch onto, but I dunno. I want to believe that maybe somehow I am a good player and can get things right with my reads sometimes.

S_S was rather active mechanically, and I remembered that. Like, it made an impact on me. Maybe it was being recent that sort of... blurred my memory of you, but right now I'm trying to figure out between you two and I'm willing to take a step away from my read from yesterday.

What do you think about the Wall right now? Who would you vote out?

(And hehe.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Does anyone know if catboi likes to bus/distance?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1099, unwnd wrote:Dunn I have an itch that's it you based on the way the night went down but I'm willing to be reasonable

Did you go to the wall with me because you thought Luke was scum and you could convince me? I don't remember if you answered your intent yet
No, I didn't have that level of confidence on you being town over Luke, and wasn't really thinking about that. It was in my mind that we could win without dealing with my own group, if necessary
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Anastasia »

@Catboi/SS

You two have a valuable piece of information none of the rest of us have.

You know for certain the identity of a mafia player between the two of you.

You should be trying to look at the ISO to use that information to help us solve the Wall <3
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by unwnd »

I think this table is pretty much filled with good players so while I'm excited I don't want to be overly lol
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1102, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 206, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 203, Anastasia wrote:
In post 126, Something_Smart wrote:okay the anime avis are starting to get to me ngl
This is ironic because your avatar is also anime <3
Wow am I really alone as a non-anime avi? >.<
In post 1087, Briar wrote:I don't wanna say this game could be that easy because it is, in fact, never that easy. But is the simple answer that Dunn hopped in that group to avoid auto-lose and we should just not waste our time here?

This game seems pretty bleak for scum.

p-edit: Have you explained the 'weird' parts of Luke, and if not can you, Dunn? I had him as town, albeit not absinthe/Ana levels.
He focuses too much on the keep. Specifically, he is seeing if, were briar to be swapped out, he could finangle a victory based on existing suspicions of aAnastasia.

He doesn't seem to acknowledge infinity or S_S, except for what looks like a gambit where infinity mentions there being no other non-anime avatars
I'll read over him, then, regarding the associatives.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think we're making a mistake in focusing on me over catboi/ss right now
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1105, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1099, unwnd wrote:Dunn I have an itch that's it you based on the way the night went down but I'm willing to be reasonable

Did you go to the wall with me because you thought Luke was scum and you could convince me? I don't remember if you answered your intent yet
No, I didn't have that level of confidence on you being town over Luke, and wasn't really thinking about that. It was in my mind that we could win without dealing with my own group, if necessary
So your preference assuming is Keep > Gate > Wall then for flip order? Unless you'd rather solve in catboi/S_S first which is pretty much where I am too
Stop
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:43 pm

In post 1106, Anastasia wrote:You two have a valuable piece of information none of the rest of us have.
Well, ish. Catboi and I also have the highest prior chance of being scum (aside from Infinity, of course), so our thoughts should be trusted the least before we've flipped. And after we've flipped, then everyone will have the information that we had.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Anastasia »

the way you two solve for the wall is pretty important for figuring out the right one between the two of you to flip

remember the scum on the Gate can't really bus the scum on the Wall if the Keep is already townsided.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:46 pm

In post 193, catboi wrote:I think Lukewarm's posts have been solidly town and he'd be my first pick for someone to send to the wall right now
Hm
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Briar »

Okay, Ana, hear me out...

I think that S_S might be town for how Infinity was pushing him versus catboi.

(I'm treating Infinity like she's flipped scum currently which, maybe is not the best method but it's the likely outcome here.)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1110, unwnd wrote:
In post 1105, Dunnstral wrote:

So your preference assuming is Keep > Gate > Wall then for flip order? Unless you'd rather solve in catboi/S_S first which is pretty much where I am too
In my mind, I already know the deal with Keep and don't see a need to flip it right away. I'm looking at the Gate right now, and if it's a scum elim, do Keep next. If not, we can work on Wall
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 pm

In post 1112, Anastasia wrote:remember the scum on the Gate can't really bus the scum on the Wall if the Keep is already townsided.
I mean they can if they don't expect to be believed...

Right now I'm leaning unwnd scum at the Wall
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1114, Briar wrote:Okay, Ana, hear me out...

(I'm treating Infinity like she's flipped scum currently which, maybe is not the best method but it's the likely outcome here.)
Re: S_S town, I was recently there with you but not anymore
Stop
Anastasia
Anastasia
Goon
Anastasia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Anastasia »

In post 1114, Briar wrote:Okay, Ana, hear me out...

that's a great point <3

I think we should keep hammering SS tho cuz Catboi is way smoother than him as scum and there's a chance we can get SS to towntell
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

@Mod

What happens if deadline is met and no decision is made for any minigame?
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Briar »

Spoiler:
In post 225, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 193, catboi wrote:Okay, thoughts readswise:

I like unwnd's early energy

I townread Infinity's - something about that mindset fees like it's coming from town

I think Lukewarm's posts have been solidly town and he'd be my first pick for someone to send to the wall right now

No particular scum pings yet
In post 205, catboi wrote:
In post 201, Briar wrote:
In post 196, catboi wrote:Why do you think that? Why would you not wait to see if other people are okay with it?
Why should I care about what other people think in the moment? Like, if people don't think that I'm towny enough there are two other slots that they can assign to other people and vote them instead, and I'll vote whoever I think is town of those two if no one wants me. I'm just hamstringing myself if I'm scum by putting the pressure on myself to compete with them but that isn't the case this game, so /shrug. It's a bit shitty of me to not care if other people agree
now
but they will in time.
Hmm, okay. I don't really understand this mindset at all but it'd be an unusually gutsy play for scum.
These posts felt a bit careful? Trying to look town? The opposite of whismical? Idk, it's pretty weak anyway.
In post 522, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 301, unwnd wrote:she kept it to herself because it seemed like it was just being swallowed in the greater battle going on.
I kept it to myself because it was very weak, but it's gotten stronger the more catboi has posted.

vs

Spoiler:
In post 520, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 269, Something_Smart wrote:My point is that your townread on Dunnstral is nonsense and he would say the same thing regardless of alignment, but that's not why I was pressing you... I wanted to understand your thought process to see if I thought it was genuine.
Do you really think you were getting more out of ana than you already got? Idk this feels like scum!you so far
In post 532, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 480, Anastasia wrote:
In post 473, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 470, Anastasia wrote:only if my reads are wrong
I think it's pretty silly to have a value judgement on play that is only determined after the game is over. We want to know now what's good and what isn't; so I think that it is bad play to commit yourself to a read like that, even if the read turns out to be right in the end.
I think you are stuck in a weird place where you can't decide whether you want to shade me as bold genius scum gambitter or bad town tunnel reader and it makes you sound funny

since I think you are scummy it makes me feel I'm on the right track with this briar/absinthe plan
I think you're probably approaching reading s_s not great, though he's still leaning scum for me atm. Like, he loves to talk about things in a vacuum and not come to firm conclusions, though the way he's doing it here I feel is +scum for him.
In post 556, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 551, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 546, Infinity 324 wrote:@s_s Why would ana make up a reason for a read she can't justify as scum?
Because she wouldn't expect to be interrogated this deeply.

I mean, scum have two kinds of reads: tactical and genuine. Town have only genuine reads. Tactical reads are top-down instead of bottom-up (the read comes first, then the justification), so they may not be justifiable in the same way that genuine reads are.
I don't really see why you'd expect scum to have a tactical read at this point in the game. If it was to pocket dunn, ana could've just found a townread she genuinely believe in to pocket then instead. Idk
In post 611, Infinity 324 wrote:If it helps your meta ffery, s_s felt similar to this when he was scum in PyP
In post 706, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't have a large sample on s_s (at least that I can remember), but I think he does seem a bit more goal-directed as town and I can see the purpose of his questioning a bit more easily.

My motivation to play mafia comes in waves and right now it's at a low point

( also reads as a pseudo-defense to me.)
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Briar »

Like, reading over this it feels like Infinity actually wants S_S dead versus catboi who is a scumread but like, not a lot of meat there?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 1119, unwnd wrote:@Mod

Elapsed deadline results in a Mafia win.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1119, unwnd wrote:@Mod

Pacifist ending
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:52 pm

How's this for a towntell

If I'm scum then we had six options and this seems like the literal worst one. Not only would we have chosen me over Infinity to try to carry the Gate, but we would have picked the IC to be someone who has demolished scum-me before and whose towngame I respect immensely. I don't know who Briar and Ana are but I highly doubt that I would be more scared of them as scum than I would be of ffery.

Return to “Completed Open Games”