Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

absinthe, would you say you're the kind of person who would make your own decision or would you pick what others are saying?

Or at least, how do you think you would be perceived prior to being swapped into the Gate and turned IC. I think Ana would have went with their own reads
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Briar »

Unwnd is just a magnet for our attention and love. And hate apparently but we hate the haters.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1149, catboi wrote:
In post 1138, unwnd wrote:You're wrong about me and a lot of things between us feel unresolved in general
That feels like your fault tbh
Is it? I gave you two direct responses to try and start conversation prior to you saying 'why should you care what I think' or something like that
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Briar »

When the Keep flips I beg of you all to remember my thoughts and cases btw I want to feel smart after this game is over.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1005, unwnd wrote:
In post 988, catboi wrote:
In post 868, unwnd wrote:
In post 855, catboi wrote:In fact, I feel like I should live my own words - after spending several hours reading and catching up, I felt a significant part of the discussion had devolved into strategic minutiae and awkward jockeying for position and I feel the productiveness of such discussion is limited. It's very easy to get lost in the weeds of such arguments and they cease to be particularly illuminating. I think actions speak louder and I want less idle shuffling of the feet.

VOTE: Gate
I'm a little annoyed by this post, because it seems like I'm not being heard despite being dangerously close to the one of the top posters
Why would I care what you have to say?
Because I am not infallible, I can be wrong and my read on you is largely established for gut reasons and the fact other players are more prominent in my mind
"

Here
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1017, absinthe wrote:Not what I expected.

Not what I wanted.
I saw this as a possibility. Part of the reason I decided against going Keep, and gave it to you. But yeah, lots to process
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1139, Something_Smart wrote:Also re I think WIOFM cancels that out in theory because if you ended up deciding between me/catboi you would have to take into account the possibility that you're being set up. Maybe not in practice, but I think I would still certainly prefer to have Briar decide than absinthe.
Why's that?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1023, Dunnstral wrote:Ignore the dumb speculation about absinth. Ok, Infinity is confirmed scum?
I think Infinity is almost certainly scum, but not necessarily confirmed I guess? If scum managed a 1-1-1 split, they could have swapped 2 town players. Does not seem likely, but theoretically possible.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1045, Briar wrote:
In post 1041, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1034, Briar wrote:Okay, so my strategy is basically I think we should just like, let the three of us at the Keep throw around our reads a bit and then hammer in there; I am almost positive Infinity is scum, but on the off chance Ana is being a rapscallion playing in her silly ways I don't want to freeze out Infinity entirely; that and she has to try and to like, do /something/ unless she's just not going to post at all and concede the point to town to avoid associatives.
Infinity is confirmed scum because absinthe is confirmed town at the keep
Look, you don't know Ana. She's a real trickster. An imp. Prone to the most chaotic of moves you've ever seen. She'll do something you'll never expect as scum just because she can. Because she wants to. For the thrill of a good gambit. There's nothing that could tame that wild spirit within her that just wants to see the world burn down and I am the only person here armed with a fire hose ready to extinguish it if she's on a path of destruction.
I agree with this assessment of Ana's scum game. but I kinda doubt she's scum. But it doesn't matter. I'm townreading Briar. And this is not the worst of all possible worlds!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1142, Dunnstral wrote:So Catboi and S_S both think Unwnd at the wall... why?
I did not like as it felt like playing up outrage instead of actually engaging with your (valid) point
I did not at all like unwnd's townread of me. I thought catboi's point that unwnd was trying to tie themself to me was reasonable. I don't think it's any less reasonable now that I know catboi is scum.
Their opening post today is also really weird and feels hollow considering making absinthe IC makes a lot of sense from a lot of perspectives and 1/2/0 in Wall/Gate/Keep was kinda what everyone thought anyway
I thought Lukewarm had several genuine posts that would be surprising to come from new-ish scum
I would also be surprised to see scum-you talk about how you would scumclaim by instant jumping into the 2-town Keep followed by jumping into the 2-town Wall (which your team would REALLY need to win).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm gonna do that ISO thing rather than keep begging senpai (Briar) to notice (townread) me
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1160, catboi wrote:I'm gonna do that ISO thing rather than keep begging senpai (Briar) to notice (townread) me
You won't charm me, fiend.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1033, catboi wrote:
In post 1031, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1029, catboi wrote:but I thought you thought scum was at the keep?
We've went over this. I'm now at the phase where I'm ready to push everyone who keeps bringing this up as I believe it's a scum tell to tunnel in on that aspect
I tried looking back at your iso and couldn't find an explanation
Agreed. Last thing he said was "people are not understanding me" and then dropped it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:07 pm

In post 1147, Briar wrote:I think it makes sense, send people with more WIM to other places to fight.
I'm not exactly Mr. WIM as scum though. My scumgame usually flags eventually as I find it harder and harder to make an effort; maybe I'd be better this game because it's only two days. Not sure. I think I'd also be demoralized by the way the day ended, unless it was planned with Dunnstral.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:07 pm

In post 1156, Briar wrote:Why's that?
Because you don't scumread me and aren't ffery
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1159, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1142, Dunnstral wrote:So Catboi and S_S both think Unwnd at the wall... why?
I did not like as it felt like playing up outrage instead of actually engaging with your (valid) point
I did not at all like unwnd's townread of me. I thought catboi's point that unwnd was trying to tie themself to me was reasonable. I don't think it's any less reasonable now that I know catboi is scum.
Their opening post today is also really weird and feels hollow considering making absinthe IC makes a lot of sense from a lot of perspectives and 1/2/0 in Wall/Gate/Keep was kinda what everyone thought anyway
I thought Lukewarm had several genuine posts that would be surprising to come from new-ish scum
I would also be surprised to see scum-you talk about how you would scumclaim by instant jumping into the 2-town Keep followed by jumping into the 2-town Wall (which your team would REALLY need to win).
Dunn reacts more strongly to direct call-outs. I've contested Dunn multiple times with both of us clashing on different ideals. I don't have an absolute tell on when he's doing it as scum, but I typically like to read him based on reactivity instead of letting him idle throughout the game
Stop
Briar
Briar
Goon
Briar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Briar »

In post 1163, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1147, Briar wrote:I think it makes sense, send people with more WIM to other places to fight.
I'm not exactly Mr. WIM as scum though. My scumgame usually flags eventually as I find it harder and harder to make an effort; maybe I'd be better this game because it's only two days. Not sure. I think I'd also be demoralized by the way the day ended, unless it was planned with Dunnstral.
Meh, I think that objectively you had more than Infinity at this point even if she was trying to get back into it? Doesn't matter too much to me currently though, I'm inclined to think you're town over catboi.

p-edit: Okay true.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:08 pm

So your post about the bravado was a reaction test? What reactions were you expecting as scum vs town?

pedit: @unwnd
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1150, Dunnstral wrote:absinthe, would you say you're the kind of person who would make your own decision or would you pick what others are saying?

Or at least, how do you think you would be perceived prior to being swapped into the Gate and turned IC. I think Ana would have went with their own reads
How would you have perceived me coming into Day 2?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1167, Something_Smart wrote:So your post about the bravado was a reaction test? What reactions were you expecting as scum vs town?

pedit: @unwnd
I find when Dunn is town the ends justify the means. When he's scum, he spends a lot of time in this mode of fake thinking. There's a more general vagueness and I feel like he's less battered because he doesn't want to risk the attention. This plays in part of him idling at times. Dunn isn't a hyperposter and keeps to himself, and I don't think he's the scum to make big moves. He waits for people to make mistakes and then capitalizes on them.
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

My point was that logically, because scum hadn't jumped into that group, it was more likely for them to be scum themselves.

Until a bunch of slots which had a high chance of containing scum started questioning me as if I was a crazy person.

Which, I wasn't, by the way. I was right. If Infinity had hopped into the keep when I was talking about it, this game would probably be harder for the town to win.

So, like I said when originally questioned:
In post 769, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 762, unwnd wrote:
In post 756, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 755, unwnd wrote:
In post 753, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 750, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 744, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 742, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 739, Dunnstral wrote:If I were scum and Briar/Ana were both town, I'd already be in the Keep
I'd treat this as a scumclaim
Go on
It's not town-motivated at all to lock in a vote without discussing here, especially since it encourages scum to do the same.
And if I do scum claim, what are you going to do about it?
What the hell is this bravado man
It's not bravado, this is a continuation of me saying what I'd do if I were scum here, and why I sort of doubt briar + ana as town
So you agree with my own assumption earlier?
That there's scum in those 3? Logically yes, but it feels like nobody understands what I'm getting at, so actually no.

I have a feeling that Infinity is scum here
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1072, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1059, Anastasia wrote:if Unwnd/Luke are both town then he needs to jump on the wall to prevent an auto-lose
how so
May already be answered, but responding as I read.

If Briar+Ana+Absinthe were town, all locked into the Keep and Me+Unwnd are town locked into the Wall, then if the last town makes it into the wall, it is an auto lose for scum.

I'm still thinking on everything, but that was Ana's point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:12 pm

In post 1169, unwnd wrote:I find when Dunn is town the ends justify the means. When he's scum, he spends a lot of time in this mode of fake thinking. There's a more general vagueness and I feel like he's less battered because he doesn't want to risk the attention. This plays in part of him idling at times. Dunn isn't a hyperposter and keeps to himself, and I don't think he's the scum to make big moves. He waits for people to make mistakes and then capitalizes on them.
Okay so... does that explain ? Did you know it wasn't really bravado?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1168, absinthe wrote:
In post 1150, Dunnstral wrote:absinthe, would you say you're the kind of person who would make your own decision or would you pick what others are saying?

How would you have perceived me coming into Day 2?
It's not something I would be thinking about, but I'd say more likely than not to pick what the group wants in the end vs personal reads
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1172, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1169, unwnd wrote:I find when Dunn is town the ends justify the means. When he's scum, he spends a lot of time in this mode of fake thinking. There's a more general vagueness and I feel like he's less battered because he doesn't want to risk the attention. This plays in part of him idling at times. Dunn isn't a hyperposter and keeps to himself, and I don't think he's the scum to make big moves. He waits for people to make mistakes and then capitalizes on them.
Okay so... does that explain ? Did you know it wasn't really bravado?
It seemed pretty fake honestly yeah
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”